Why I’m no longer a Christian

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#422973 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if I were him I wouldn't want anybody watching me be a two-bit actor either.
Glad he decided he _never_ wants another acting role in anything. He just shot his career in the foot and head.
Those prison convict christians who are "forgiven" are such a great additions to society aren't they? <<sarcasm intended>>
And just think...the christian god-being forgives them for murder so we should also...NOT!!!!

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#422974 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like a messed-up dude. wait...your not bigoted, prejudice and ignorant enough to insinuate that all christians think & act like him, are you???
btw - how do you get forgiveness for your sins?
Nope, I do not think all christians are like him however, you keep harping about being forgiven for your sins and guess what...SO WILL HE. He murdered 2 people, almost 3, and claims to be a christian.
You don't and/or won't condemn him to your hell place will ya? If he prays away his sins your god-being might forgive him and everything will be OK again.
Tell me, is he going to your heaven or your hell?? Don't tell me you don't know because you have judged myself and others as heading to your hell place and I've not committed murder once, let alone twice.

So where's he headed??

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#422975 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i zee heir commrade; you are responsible to the collective, but not to a god! vot vill our fearless fuhrer demand the collective to be rezponzible in zee future?;)
Getting you to respond like this tells me I've left you with nothing to say so you resort to this childness...
Good grief man...

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#422976 Nov 27, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>No. He's insane.
Agree...

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#422977 Nov 27, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
News update on a good Christian: Caught stealing toys from poor children.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/11/2...
He was not a Christian , and the article never says he was a Christian. His actions prove he was an atheist working in a system that is usually Christian affiliated and directed. Slime-ball atheists can sneak their way into almost all organizations that have good intentions and ruin it.

You should be ashamed of yourself for lying , you hateful brainless bigot.

“No Invisible Means of Support ”

Since: Nov 12

Simian Crease

#422978 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not a Christian , and the article never says he was a Christian. His actions prove he was an atheist working in a system that is usually Christian affiliated and directed. Slime-ball atheists can sneak their way into almost all organizations that have good intentions and ruin it.
Sure, Sparky, sure.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#422979 Nov 27, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, Sparky, sure.
Isn't it precious when one "christian" says another "christian" isn't a "christian"???

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422980 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it precious when one "christian" says another "christian" isn't a "christian"???
Hehehe.

If everyone on the planet became christian overnight, they'd all be howling.

"We're ALL christian! We're ALL christian!"

*but I'm the only one who really understands*

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#422981 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie - the self-righteousness of the pharisees was that they didn't believe that Jesus was the Son of God/the Messiah.
do you believe that Jesus is the Savior of the world, Annie?
Excuse me, but that is not what made the pharisee's "self righteous"
Lets start by understanding the definition of "righteous" Definition: Made RIGHT with God

Righteousness is the state of moral perfection required by God to enter heaven. However, the Bible clearly states that human beings cannot achieve righteousness through their own efforts: "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin." The pharisee's knew the Law of Moses like the back of their hand and thought that BECAUSE they kept the law, THEY were righteous...THAT made them SELF RIGHTEOUS..They tried to achieve righteousness by their own efforts...

People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. Christ, the sinless Son of God, took humanity's sin upon himself and became the willing, perfect sacrifice, suffering the punishment mankind deserved. God the Father accepted Jesus' sacrifice, through which human beings can become justified.

In turn, believers receive righteousness from Christ. This doctrine is called imputation. Christ's perfect righteousness is applied to imperfect humans.

http://christianity.about.com/od/glossary/a/R...

Jesus told the scribes and pharisee's to their faces, "Verily I say unto you, the Publicans and the harlots will go into the Kingdom of God before you!" (Matthew 21:31) And He told His disciples, "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven!" (Matthew 5:20)--

The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ...There is none righteous, no, not one!" "For by grace are ye saved through faith and that NOT of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of WORKS lest any man should boast!" Does That sounds like a "cheap" way out?? I have heard this a 1000's times and I simply say NO..It wasn't CHEAP, It cost Jesus His LIFE.

Location hidden

#422982 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when someone does evil in the name of God..Anybody can claim to be a Christian..Doesn't mean they are. Not all atheist are evil either, they just don't know God. There are good and bad in ALL people. There are bad christians too that should not go around and call other people names with the same mouth that they praise God with..Don't you agree?

Simian Crease

#422983 Nov 27, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start by understanding the definition of "righteous" Definition: Made RIGHT with God
Righteousness is the state of moral perfection required by God to enter heaven. However, the Bible clearly states that human beings cannot achieve righteousness through their own efforts: "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin." The pharisee's knew the Law of Moses like the back of their hand and thought that BECAUSE they kept the law, THEY were righteous...THAT made them SELF RIGHTEOUS..They tried to achieve righteousness by their own efforts...
People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. Christ, the sinless Son of God, took humanity's sin upon himself and became the willing, perfect sacrifice, suffering the punishment mankind deserved. God the Father accepted Jesus' sacrifice, through which human beings can become justified.
In turn, believers receive righteousness from Christ. This doctrine is called imputation. Christ's perfect righteousness is applied to imperfect humans.
Jesus told the scribes and pharisee's to their faces, "Verily I say unto you, the Publicans and the harlots will go into the Kingdom of God before you!" (Matthew 21:31) And He told His disciples, "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven!" (Matthew 5:20)--
The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ...There is none righteous, no, not one!" "For by grace are ye saved through faith and that NOT of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of WORKS lest any man should boast!" Does That sounds like a "cheap" way out?? I have heard this a 1000's times and I simply say NO..It wasn't CHEAP, It cost Jesus His LIFE.
Nice fairy tale. Have you heard the one about The Frog King?

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spok/grimmtmp/001.txt

Simian Crease

#422984 Nov 27, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
If everyone on the planet became christian overnight, they'd all be howling.
"We're ALL christian! We're ALL christian!"
*but I'm the only one who really understands*
“Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb you know, most of it's up until you reach the very very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply.”
&#8213; Graham Chapman

Simian Crease

#422985 Nov 27, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when someone does evil in the name of God..Anybody can claim to be a Christian..Doesn't mean they are. Not all atheist are evil either, they just don't know God. There are good and bad in ALL people. There are bad christians too that should not go around and call other people names with the same mouth that they praise God with..Don't you agree?
No True Scotsman! Huzzah!

Simian Crease

#422986 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It is adorable and proves implicitly that it is all manufactured hogwash.

Location hidden

#422987 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that we should trust your self-righteousness? Go read your Bible and see what your god said about that Wasup.
I think that you should read your reference in context Wasup. Jesus was actually speaking to the Pharisees in this passage...you know...those guys who claimed to follow Jesus but were just a little too self-righteous...
John 9:35-41
King James Version (KJV)
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
If you don't understand who the Pharisees were...try this site for an explanation...written in easy to read and understand terms.
http://www.outsidethecamp.org/pharisee.htm
Jesus was not talking in those verses to those that did not claim to be a follower. He was talking to those that claimed belief but didn't follow...
If you disagree with my interpretation of these verse please feel free to tell me your version and why you disagree with mine.
Hi Annie,
I agree. I clicked on your link and it say's the same thing that i posted to above. Its worded a little different but the definition of a pharisee is this..copied from your url...

The Pharisees were characterized by seeking to establish their own righteousness. They trusted in themselves, that they were righteous based on their deeds of the law, and did not submit to the righteousness of God revealed in the gospel of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone.

This is where Knowledge and I would always butt heads...Christians who depend on their own efforts, i.e...Works, Obediance to obey what nobody ever could..The moral code of GOD, The Law of Moses and the 10 commandments..Those who tell others to follow what they themselves cannot,,ARE PHARISEE'S..I get a lot of static from this, But this is The Gospel Of Grace..It changed everything that I ever thought about Christianity, And I will stand on that forever..Thanks for posting this

Simian Crease

#422988 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting you to respond like this tells me I've left you with nothing to say so you resort to this childness...
Good grief man...
Nothing left to say? Nothing to say, ever.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422989 Nov 27, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I never knew ...Thor's day.
Thanks J.
Moon's Day
Tiw's Day
Woden's Day
Thor's Day
Freya's Day
Saturn's Day
Sun's Day

Not a Jesus' or YHWY's day in the week at all.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#422990 Nov 27, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So..... christianity has a super special dictionary in which they can assign their own value to a word and ignore it's history and meaning?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422992 Nov 27, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have to look. Egotistical, misogynistic aholes are a dime a dozen. And you wonder why you and wasssuuupp have identical sex lives.
How am I a mysogynist and do you even know what that word means ?

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#422991 Nov 27, 2012
Some nice holiday music...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 64,130
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Steve III 654,142
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 10 min gundee123 826
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min Lbj 106,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 973,849
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 45,248
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 281,890
More from around the web