Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...one more thing...it is not how I said you should act...
it is how your God/Jesus/Bible said you should act.
You can do what ever you want but when you do you have basically told Jesus to go screw himself...that you will do what you want.
Annie - what part of "i need Jesus cuz i can't be as good as the perfect law of God demands" don't you you understand???

“No Invisible Means of Support ”

Since: Nov 12

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure...whatever you say. you're still obsessed w/me tho;)
If by obsessed you mean utterly disgusted by, derisive of, and amazed that such a buncombe bumblefuck could even exist, sure.

“No Invisible Means of Support ”

Since: Nov 12

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie - what part of "i need Jesus cuz i can't be as good as the perfect law of God demands" don't you you understand???
The part with the two imaginary twits that you keep in your pocket.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>No one with _any_ credibility quotes David Barton. There are groups all over the US trying to undo his *revisions*(read lies) of American History. It is a well-known fact that he does not have the credentials he claims. He has no degree in history. He has 1 DD and one honorary DD. That's it.
He has rewritten the words of great Americans to end the separation of church and state and help make this country a theocracy. It is people like him you should quote only when defending the rights of freedom of speech, as an example of what people can get away with in this country.
It is evident that you do not have the skills to be a researcher of any sort, much less history. You buy into whatever someone says that agrees with what you already believe, regardless of whether it is factual or not.
David Barton. Hahahaha
Enjoy your foot once you pry it out of your mouth as I researched and linked the quotes other than one which I admitted could not be substantiated. None of the others had anything to do with Barton

This is why so many people find you so annoying W_N. You come on here like you are drunk, disregard the fact that my only contact with you thus far is checking in to see how your son is doing and leaving you a message from someone else passing along well wishes, and then come off like an uneducated lunatic who is not even smart enough to realize she is trying to act condescending when she is dead wrong. Grow up or try to anyway

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about you, but when I was growing up the preaching wasn't about what people outside the church should be doing. It was about what we should be doing as Christians. There was no 'once saved/always saved' in any church teachings. I went to my great-grandmother's church and the message there was you better do what Jesus said or you were more damned than those who don't espouse Christianity because you're the one who made the promise.
Now, it's any old thing goes as long as you mouth the word 'Jesus' often enough. No, that's not quite true. If you say you love Paul often enough or quote him enough.
Jesus has been thrown to the wolves.
Why do you always say things like "when I was growing up"? Or when I was a kid?

Just about everybody knows you were a professed Christian when you first showed up on Topix and just got talked out of being one only a few years ago. So you can just say "in my church up until a few years ago" instead of trying to pretend you left this all behind you so long ago

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize the Puritan Adams would have relished the cutting of the throat of any Catholic who dared sully the soil of the MBC's, right? You do realize that Adams failed in his attempts to have his religion inserted into our codified laws, right? You do realize that Christians came here to escape religious persecution from other Christians, right?(Psst, those Puritans got it good from Rome and London). You do realize that when here, they continued their internecine wars and skulduggery against any other Christians that dared a theological difference, right? You do realize that is why the Founders knew, with their Enlightenment Principles, that the only way for people to flourish was to not tell them how, why, when, or even to believe in Invisible Papa, right? You do realize you appear to be an utter fool for not realizing any of these things and gleefully pretending that the Founders wanted Jesus, Jesus, everywhere!, right? Sheez, Sparky, you better go clean the shit off of your shoes. It stinks
I am sorry, all I hear in something completely unrelated to the fact that you shoved your foot in your mouth and had to eat your words about all those quotes being fabricated. This post just sounds like angry desperation. Geez sparky, I would think someone like you would be used to making an ass out of themselves where being proved wrong wouldn't hit them so hard!

~snicker

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>3. Well, you do have me so far. Barton is not responsible for any of these,
Yeah I knew that already stupid, that is why I posted the proof!

The rest of your post was just desperation trying to salvage some pride so I won't waste my time responding to it

Its ok Mary, put your big girl panties on. You came out charging and made an ass out of yourself. You even got W_N to join in and you were both dead wrong. Now be an adult about it and stop trying to find some way to claim you are still right when clearly you are not.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> True. But one should always go to a site that is credible for quotes. There are many time tested ones. So I don't give much leeway on that. But he could have been overwhelmed with religious gusto.
You know I agree. Beyond looking for a credible site, one should check even those one thinks are credible, for one's own credibility. No doubt Sko thought those were credible, and as you say, was likely in the heat of battle on another site, and his zeal spilleth over here. I like the guy, for a rock-head;) He's got a good heart, struggling to reconcile his sense of reason and justice with....well, the Bible. It ain't easy; in fact, it's pretty much impossible. That's about where I was when I first came to topix. micah was among my first acquaintances, and he wasn't any easier on straddlers as he was full-fledged fundies. He cut me slack, for some inexplicable reason, and I picked my way through the minefield from there.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not. Many scholars debate the existence at all and consider it religious syncretism.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcno.ht...
Not established, at all.
End of story.
This limited forum does not allow for it, but you really have very limited knowledge of the origins of your dogma. That is very sad.
You think my nickname is prosaic and unimagintive? Bwahahahahaha.
You wrote Christ in your former post that was similar to this one. It's there. Look for it. Oh, and stop citing Ehrman. I already illustrated how he is wrong about his historical Jesus claim. Early Christians could not even agree on the ressurrection, which was clearly taken from Plato's philosophy. Oh, and the contemporaries of your Gospel writes, like Galen and Celsus argued quite eloquently against such nonsense. Perhaps you need to start there.
I've never read Galen, but it sounds like Celsus could fit right in here. Thor bless those hyper-defensive Christians for making sure we've got Celsus for posterity. They know not what they do...;)

Celsus (courtesy of Origen): "...the following are the rules laid down by (Xtians). Let no one come to us who has been instructed, or who is wise or prudent (for such qualifications are deemed evil by us); but if there be any ignorant, or unintelligent, or uninstructed, or foolish persons, let them come with confidence. By which words, acknowledging that such individuals are worthy of their God, they manifestly show that they desire and are able to gain over only the silly, and the mean, and the stupid, with women and children."...

In Which It's Shown That People Is People Then As Now.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I knew that already stupid, that is why I posted the proof!
The rest of your post was just desperation trying to salvage some pride so I won't waste my time responding to it
Its ok Mary, put your big girl panties on. You came out charging and made an ass out of yourself. You even got W_N to join in and you were both dead wrong. Now be an adult about it and stop trying to find some way to claim you are still right when clearly you are not.
Hold on thar BabaLooie!

This doesn't take away from the fact that those quotes were cherry-picked and close-shaved to serve an agenda, and did NOT clearly represent the comprehensive views of the Founding Fathers (or Lincoln) regarding religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You know I agree. Beyond looking for a credible site, one should check even those one thinks are credible, for one's own credibility. No doubt Sko thought those were credible, and as you say, was likely in the heat of battle on another site, and his zeal spilleth over here. I like the guy, for a rock-head;) He's got a good heart, struggling to reconcile his sense of reason and justice with....well, the Bible. It ain't easy; in fact, it's pretty much impossible. That's about where I was when I first came to topix. micah was among my first acquaintances, and he wasn't any easier on straddlers as he was full-fledged fundies. He cut me slack, for some inexplicable reason, and I picked my way through the minefield from there.
Hey HipG

I agree I got a little lazy simply because many of the quotes from the page I originally used listed the source underneath. I didn't even notice that some of them didn't have the source underneath. I did do a quick Google search on them and saw like 20 pages come up for each one with the same quotes listed and figured they were all verified. As it turned out one of them was not. Although I did find a similar one that was verified from the same person.

Like I said, I had seen the quotes prior to seeing any discussion on it and had originally gone to the site to verify their feelings towards democracies. I had no religious motive for going to the page. But after seeing the posts I found them intriguing and thought it would make for interesting general consumption.

If I had at all anticipated the fervor elicited from one unsubstantiated quote out of a list of verifiable ones I would have made sure to check. Although still, probably a good reminder in general to take the Internet with a grain of salt until fully researching it. But any of the the suggestions (not by you)that this was the result of anything but one oversight, a reasonable one imo considered many were already sourced, well...it is what it is.

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your foot once you pry it out of your mouth as I researched and linked the quotes other than one which I admitted could not be substantiated. None of the others had anything to do with Barton
This is why so many people find you so annoying W_N. You come on here like you are drunk, disregard the fact that my only contact with you thus far is checking in to see how your son is doing and leaving you a message from someone else passing along well wishes, and then come off like an uneducated lunatic who is not even smart enough to realize she is trying to act condescending when she is dead wrong. Grow up or try to anyway
You sure like to dish it out, don't you?

You're such a pitiful victim.

And self-righteous to boot.

How disgusting.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry, all I hear in something completely unrelated to the fact that you shoved your foot in your mouth and had to eat your words about all those quotes being fabricated. This post just sounds like angry desperation. Geez sparky, I would think someone like you would be used to making an ass out of themselves where being proved wrong wouldn't hit them so hard!
~snicker
There you go.

One more poster to insult.

Pitiful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Hold on thar BabaLooie!
This doesn't take away from the fact that those quotes were cherry-picked and close-shaved to serve an agenda, and did NOT clearly represent the comprehensive views of the Founding Fathers (or Lincoln) regarding religion.
The entire text was given

Even some of what I quoted I did so simply for length as the entire paragraph was the same in context.

Please provide the proof (and of course source it very comprehensively!) to show those quotes are out of context and not indicative of how they truly felt. How does someone say those things while overall feeling something totally different?

I will need to see what you mean

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go.
One more poster to insult.
Pitiful.
WOW

Now you are on another site following me around jumping into conversations seeking approval of your fellow posters?

You are an embarrassment

Why don't you tell everybody how you told me I should reconsider how I am posting because "we are watching" and how you have tried several times to imply I need your permission to post? Man are you insecure and overcompensate. You are so rattled now that you have resorted to bringing it to another room? Just sad

Not to mention you are a hypocrite who is trying to apply a double-standard since that poster started the insults out of the blue.

I hope someone buys you chap-stick for Christmas. All that ass-kissing has got to make your lips dry as all get out!

~snicker

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like to dish it out, don't you?
You're such a pitiful victim.
And self-righteous to boot.
How disgusting.
And yet another post by the insecure, ass-kissing fool

Again, go back and read the post to me you whiny hypocrite

You don't see me complaining. I am having fun with it. You are the one all bent out of shape because all you do on Topix all day is suck up to other posters and never have anything to contribute on your own

"Hey (fill in name) great post."

"hey (fill in name) don't you talk to him that way. Hey (fill in name) did you see how I had you back. Now make sure you have mine later"

Pathetic

~snicker

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Even some of what I quoted I did so simply for length as the entire paragraph was the same in context.
Please provide the proof (and of course source it very comprehensively!) to show those quotes are out of context and not indicative of how they truly felt. How does someone say those things while overall feeling something totally different?
Most if not all of those quotes were from politicians Steve. They say lots of things that they don't really believe!

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW
Now you are on another site following me around jumping into conversations seeking approval of your fellow posters?
You are an embarrassment
Why don't you tell everybody how you told me I should reconsider how I am posting because "we are watching" and how you have tried several times to imply I need your permission to post? Man are you insecure and overcompensate. You are so rattled now that you have resorted to bringing it to another room? Just sad
Not to mention you are a hypocrite who is trying to apply a double-standard since that poster started the insults out of the blue.
I hope someone buys you chap-stick for Christmas. All that ass-kissing has got to make your lips dry as all get out!
~snicker
Following you around?

Paranoid much?

Maybe I'm God, you better be careful!

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let me be clear first what you're proposing. Is this the "America was founded by Christians as a Christian nation" debate? If so, I'll be taking the dissenting position (surprise, surprise;) First, I would take the very easiest to debunk, which would be Franklin and Jefferson. The others are somewhat more nuanced, but doable. But I'll ask you to confirm your premise first before I waste our time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most if not all of those quotes were from politicians Steve. They say lots of things that they don't really believe!
So what are you suggesting we do? Assume without any reason otherwise other than they were politicians to anything ever spoken by anyone in public office may be a lie and throw out all known quotes, speeches, letters, etc?

These were the founding fathers and they wrote the constitution we bide by and by whose ideals we supposedly are trying to emulate as a country. Is it possible they were all lying all the time or maybe just when it had to do with God? I guess. But for me I tend to assume someone is credible until shown otherwise

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,341 - 399,360 of440,819
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 680,134
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min number four 216,891
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 19 min alisha24 249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min pusherman_ 596,526
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 25 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min Hitesrunprincess 52,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Uzi 109,567
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••