Why I’m no longer a Christian

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422891 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
He uses only his boss's computer at work to post. He says things to women that he would not say in front of his wife and children.
It's obvious he's hiding this "internet personality" from his family.
How typical christian is that??
Here is my take on it...

I don't think that the Wasups...Dr Realitys...Vikings...and so on and so on are what I would call typical. They are however growing in number especially when they can hide behind a screen...stay anonymous...

I actually believe that there are probably more "good" Christians on Topix vs "bad" Christians. The "bad" just scream louder...while the "good" just remains silent because they are trying to "forgive" and "love their neighbor". Those "good" that try to take a stand against the "bad" usually end up just leaving because they come under attack of those that are supposed to be their "brother or sister in Christ". They just give up.

The other day on WSJLM a poster came in attacking evangelicals (turned out later the poster claimed to be Christian). No one said a word except the lone little heathen. While I was taking a stance for that First Amendment I also acknowledge that while I will stand for their rights...I was very well aware that they would not stand for mine.

Typical??? When some non-believers show up on WSJLM and start with their crude jokes or bashing them over the head you will often hear the phrase...the typical atheist or the typical non-believer.

I am sure that there are Christians that do not want to be seen in the same light as some that we have here...just like I don't want to be seen as some of the non-Christians that post on Topix.

I know...this is more that you asked for but sometimes my thoughts get started and I just keep going! Sorry :-(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#422892 Nov 27, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly condone the antisocial behavior of your fellow christians coward viking, just results, no-knowledge and lord ha ha.
You approve of anything done by your fellow christians; after all, they're all forgiven, aren't they? Just like you.
how are you taking responsibility for your greatest sin/fault of denying your Creator??? there's only One Way to Atone for that & you've been found lacking.....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422893 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that last verse that your "little hottie" posted don't you? How about that you address that part of his/her post?
1 Corinthians 5:12-13
New International Version (NIV)
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside.“Expel the wicked person from among you.
I think that I remember one day you telling us that how all the other Christians on WINLAC weren't your concerns...yet the above scripture says differently.
It also says that the judgment of those outside the church are not to be your concern.
That's two strikes against you Wasup on following God's word. Two verses...two strikes...
How many verses are in that Bible...I would be leery of those lightning bolts!
Oh wait...sounds to me like you are coveting this poster...one more strike.
Then there is the impure thoughts...
Cheating on your wife...even if it is just in spirit...
Ooooh...in one post...6 strikes...probably more but I don't want to use all your strikes up with one post.
<quoted text>
We expect you to own up to your own standards; you refuse. You claim to be exempt from the standards you would impose on us because you're a christian and you tell yourself you're forgiven, so you can be as irresponsible and hypocritical as you want.
<quoted text>
Yet you tell yourself that does not apply to you because of your "divinge forgiveness."
Cazzo stronzo.
lol - wth am i doing wrong???

you're bringing the measuring stick and i'm just hitting you with it;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422894 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Aaasssuuup thinks he's a spokesmouth for his jesus. He practically screams, "Do as I say, and not as I do!!"
hon (you call me assup so i'm calling you hon), my saying goes like this:

'come with me if you want to live';)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422895 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...one more thing...it is not how I said you should act...
it is how your God/Jesus/Bible said you should act.
You can do what ever you want but when you do you have basically told Jesus to go screw himself...that you will do what you want.
<quoted text>
Instead of deflecting and dodging, why don't you just address what she posted?
Ain't got the balls, huh?
what's the use - as long as people trust in their own self-righteousness they'll never get it:(

"because you say "i see" your sin remains" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422896 Nov 27, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
**buzzer sounds**
this isn't it!
will you gimme a lil sumthin to work with?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422897 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What "perfect" law? I thought you believed that things which change cannot be perfect? Are you saying otherwise?
hi - the way the law of moses should look lived-out in someone's life and even the spirit of the law is outlined in Christ's sermon on the mount. no one has ever come close to fulfilling it but Jesus.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422898 Nov 27, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Women, I have long noted, are perfectly capable of ruling themselves.
And they don't make an utter Charlie-Foxtrot of it nearly as often as men.
good boy, mac! i'm sure you'll agree tho how utterly dependable dumb, dribbling men are on all their great & strong women!(cue the canned laughter from EVERY sitcom ever made)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422899 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Because as ex-christians we have been indoctrinated to know what the standards are for christains and we see you not living up to those standards so we point out the hyprocisy you represent. This would be in line with some of the reasons we are no longer christians.
What makes you believe "pagans" are any more hedonistic or self-rightous than a rotten example of a "chistian" like you?
you've obviously missed the main point of 'christianity' since you're under the impression that membership is earned & maintained through a set of works. you're not rebelling against Christ, your rightfully rebelling against the notion of every pagan religion which all depend on appeasing some god in some way of works or sacrafice.

THE ONCE AND FOR ALL SACRAFICE HAS BEEN MADE FOR YOU SO IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

this is why i'm your missionary:)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#422900 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi - the way the law of moses should look lived-out in someone's life and even the spirit of the law is outlined in Christ's sermon on the mount. no one has ever come close to fulfilling it but Jesus.
So now the law doesn't actually mean anything at all, it's just "the spirit" of the law. So let's tally:

1. The law was set, people survived for a long time without it.
2. The law changes.
3. Now it's just the "spirit" of the law instead of actual law.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422901 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I imagine it's for much the same kind of reasons that you think you can talk to those outside your faith. But the difference is, I have been through the years of Christianity and know the Bible fairly well. You, on the other hand, are ignorant of your Bible and just mouth the words you've learned in church.
When you start acting like Jesus told you to, I imagine people will stop telling you that you're not following the teachings of Jesus.
I am in my back yard here. You're the one who jumped the fence and started yelling about the pine cone that fell in my yard while there is a dumpster load of stuff in yours.
Get the behind me, satan! No, before you ask, I don't think satan exists. But you do, so that's why I said it.
sister - i don't push anything on you; in fact i don't even talk to you unless you talk to me.

how about you mind your own business & i'll mind mine?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422902 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever wondered why Thanksgiving is always on Thursdays instead of a specific day of the month such as Christmas?
You might also ask yourself why did they pick Thor's Day to give thanks?
Now Thor was known as the god of thunder and storms but he also was concerned about the well being of family and community. One of his main interests was the bounty of the harvest...I guess that is why he sent the storms...to water the crops. Now it would make sense that people would give thanks to Thor...on his day...Thursday...thus...Thor's Day.
Of course the name was changed to Thanksgiving...those pilgrims didn't want to be seen as giving thanks to a pagan god so...
If Thanksgiving is a Christian holiday...you would think that it would be celebrate world wide by all Christians...well...I suppose that you could say that all those other Christians are not...real Christians.
BTW I hope that you not only had a good Thanksgiving but also a good Thor's Day.
Annie - God owns EVERYTHING! "the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof' the world and everything in it"

we don't care about what some punk pagans do or don't do; we're gonna use whatever day we want and make it the Lord's Day! in fact, i proclaim this day a worship Jesus day!:)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#422903 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie - God owns EVERYTHING! "the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof' the world and everything in it"
we don't care about what some punk pagans do or don't do; we're gonna use whatever day we want and make it the Lord's Day! in fact, i proclaim this day a worship Jesus day!:)
One of the churches beat you to it. They prefer to waste more of their time doing nothing than you do.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422904 Nov 27, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
When one states that they are a Christian, to me it means that they should live their life earnestly trying to follow the teaching’s of Jesus Christ. When a Christian is on here behaving in a derogatory manner, is that person following the teachings of Jesus? When I say that I am a Christian, why would I not expect others that do not share my beliefs, to weigh my responses based on what I personally have proclaimed?
i hear what you're saying, but the bottom line is: are you trusting in your ability to be 'christian' or are you trusting in what Jesus did for you on the cross?

i'm drawing heat because i expose those who trust in their own righteosness, not because i tease back those who try to tell me how to live all the while they're following in the epic rebellion of Satan.

where do you fit in and do you take sides with the "accuser of the brethren"???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422905 Nov 27, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why silly...why do you think Jesus told you to "let your little light shine"?
Again...you just don't get it.
You are to be that candle that lights the path so that others may follow. If your light is but a mere flicker...no one can see where that path leads.
Now don't you think that God/Jesus expects us little heathens to judge...whose light we are to follow?
Good grief Wasup...read your Bible before you get that thought process of yours going...you might make more sense.
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
good grief Annie, do you think that by pointing out my shortcomings you're going to escape judgement for not keeping the FIRST commandment to 'love the Lord your God with all your heart'???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422906 Nov 27, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
When one states that they are a Christian, to me it means that they should live their life earnestly trying to follow the teaching’s of Jesus Christ. When a Christian is on here behaving in a derogatory manner, is that person following the teachings of Jesus? When I say that I am a Christian, why would I not expect others that do not share my beliefs, to weigh my responses based on what I personally have proclaimed?
btw - i've never stated that "i'm a christian" in the pagan & self-righteous sense that it's become known among most of it's followers and critics alike

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422907 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the use - as long as people trust in their own self-righteousness they'll never get it:(
"because you say "i see" your sin remains" Jesus
So are you saying that we should trust your self-righteousness? Go read your Bible and see what your god said about that Wasup.

I think that you should read your reference in context Wasup. Jesus was actually speaking to the Pharisees in this passage...you know...those guys who claimed to follow Jesus but were just a little too self-righteous...

John 9:35-41

King James Version (KJV)

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

If you don't understand who the Pharisees were...try this site for an explanation...written in easy to read and understand terms.

http://www.outsidethecamp.org/pharisee.htm

Jesus was not talking in those verses to those that did not claim to be a follower. He was talking to those that claimed belief but didn't follow...

If you disagree with my interpretation of these verse please feel free to tell me your version and why you disagree with mine.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422908 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the law doesn't actually mean anything at all, it's just "the spirit" of the law. So let's tally:
1. The law was set, people survived for a long time without it.
2. The law changes.
3. Now it's just the "spirit" of the law instead of actual law.
whatever -

Jesus summarized the 'law and the prophets' saying "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength and love your neighbor as yourself"

you do that & you'll be okay.....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#422909 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever -
Jesus summarized the 'law and the prophets' saying "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength and love your neighbor as yourself"
you do that & you'll be okay.....
So, now it's just one law, one that is also a "get out of jail free" card. So when a psychopath kills out of "love for the god and person" it's all good. When a shooter says it's "for the love of god" it's all good.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422910 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief Annie, do you think that by pointing out my shortcomings you're going to escape judgement for not keeping the FIRST commandment to 'love the Lord your God with all your heart'???
Again deflection...when you got anything else...maybe...

Actually isn't that what you are doing...pointing out everyone else's shortcomings by using scripture that was meant for you...as a follower of Christ?

As long as you continue to beat people such as Kaitlin over the head with your misuse of scripture...what do you expect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min JesusWasNOTaJew G... 650,086
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min X Pendable 182,938
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 56,019
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Steve III 44,945
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min trifecta1 971,740
I LOVE "Swing out Sister" lead singer Corinne D... 48 min Doctor REALTY 2
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,310
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web