Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#422833 Nov 26, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
No, it's not.
The existence of Jesus? Not established history? Have you read the article you cited below? People from all over the world berlieve Jesus existed. Atheist Agnostic, Muslems, Christians. Why are they all wrong and a small group of philosophers right?
Many scholars debate the existence at all and consider it religious syncretism.
Based on what? 1st century Jews were not syncretists. They seperated from pagan beliefs. They were uncircumcised idol worshippers, pork eaters.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcno.ht...
Not established, at all.
End of story.
No need to confuse you with the facts. Seems your open mind has slammed shut!
you really have very limited knowledge of the origins of your dogma. That is very sad.
Well i know more than you which is not saying much.
You think my nickname is prosaic and unimagintive?
Prosaic is unimaginative.
Oh, and stop citing Ehrman. I already illustrated how he is wrong about his historical Jesus claim.
Oh really? i missed that! Ehrman is wrong and you are right as far as the historicity of Jesus? What are your credentials. How much experience do you have in ancient history?
Early Christians could not even agree on the ressurrection,
If they did not believe Christ resurrected then they were not Christians. Sitting in a guarge all day does not make you a car.
which was clearly taken from Plato's philosophy.
An assumption in search of a fact.
Oh, and the contemporaries of your Gospel writes, like Galen and Celsus argued quite eloquently against such nonsense. Perhaps you need to start there.
I might look them up but your references carry little weight with me. You have not showed me much so far.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422834 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> One of the reasons you are so well received by all.
Wait, what?

You mean it's not my affable personality, brilliant conversation, general good looks and reluctance to commit wholesale mayhem?

*snif*

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#422835 Nov 26, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Look. You made a claim about Ehrman. I really don't care if he argued what you claimed or not. He is rather conservative and may have. And if so, he may be right. Just back it up with an actual on point quote or admit you can't.
I already did. If you have anything which refute then produce it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422836 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...<quoted text> If they did not believe Christ resurrected then they were not Christians....
Wrong. They were not Ressurectionists. There were many early Christian groups that had no "resurrection" dogma. In fact the Gospel of Mark is proof of that.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422837 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>.. I might look them up ......
You don't even read the massive tome you claim was written by God.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#422838 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I already did. If you have anything which refute then produce it.
I'll take that for your inability to do so.

But please prove me wrong.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#422839 Nov 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie - what part of "i need Jesus cuz i can't be as good as the perfect law of God demands" don't you you understand???
What "perfect" law? I thought you believed that things which change cannot be perfect? Are you saying otherwise?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#422840 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I already did. If you have anything which refute then produce it.
BTW. You might consider Robert E. Van Voorst. He's a fine, believing scholar. Really. One of the few.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422841 Nov 26, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should read Ehrman.
Misquoting Bart
<quoted text>
We are Fudd of Borg. Prepawre to be aswimiwated.
LOL.

That still cracks me up.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#422842 Nov 26, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
No, it's not.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The existence of Jesus? Not established history?
Nope.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#422843 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.
That still cracks me up.
"We are Heisenborg: You will probably be assimilated."

"We are Trebeck of Borg:For $200, it's futile and starts with R."

Here's a really, really great quote: "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#422844 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Never used a sock except for one day to see if anyone would catch it. No one did, not even you.
Nice try but you are still a failure on that point.
Stick to what you know. You make a lot of good points then destroy yourself with assinine crap that makes you look like a religitard.
the moniker you now post under,

is not your first
CollectedMaxims

Washington, DC

#422845 Nov 27, 2012
Our virtues are, most often, only vices in disguise.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422846 Nov 27, 2012
... "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx
I love it.

Makes me a Marxist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422847 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
"Female superiority movement?" You really are a joke, y'know that?
It's about equality under law; something that you refuse to recognize.
Oh, he's been watching that crazy Fox News woman who said women have ruined men by working, asking for equality, and all that other terrible stuff that makes men wet their pants because they can't rule women any more.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422848 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just mad because a multi-generational lineage of atheists never followed through for thousands of years writing down any evidence that God didn't exist.....an anti-Bible if you will.
Once they were crushed and destroyed by God for their disobedience and defiance , I guess the embarrassment and humiliation thwarted any ideas of writing down any lies they could dream up.
The same thing will happen to you when Christ returns, after which you willfully fall to your knees begging for mercy.
You pathetic tongue scrape.
Atheists don't have a Bible because they're not selling eternal salvation for mouthing 'I believe'. They don't knock on your door on Saturday morning while you're trying to have family time.

If they were crushed and destroyed by God, why are they still here? You make no sense.

Your threats do not work on sane adults. Even other Christians disagree with you on many things. The Bible says when Jesus returns there will be 1000 years of peace, and the judgment will then take place. But you say those who don't believe as you do will be judged at the time of his return. Geez. You people should get together and decide what you really believe and whether or not just to throw your Bible to the wind or not. You can't really believe the Bible if you keep making stuff up and adding to it to fit your personality, now can you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422849 Nov 27, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, what?
You mean it's not my affable personality, brilliant conversation, general good looks and reluctance to commit wholesale mayhem?
*snif*
Well, it may be the personality, conversation and good looks but I have this sneaking suspicion that the ability to hold oneself in check and not commit wholesale mayhem may not be in play.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#422850 Nov 27, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you will, child.
I'm still laughing AT you.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#422851 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were crushed and destroyed by God, why are they still here??
Because God loves them enough to keep giving them chances to straighten up. I can tell you've never read the Bible.

Your anti-Christianity has made you evil and rebellious.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#422852 Nov 27, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: "Oh shit! Please don't ask me to actually know anything about my religion. People in everlasting torment is all I need to know. I hate people."
Translation:

I know JR is right and all I can do is try to make jokes about my horrible situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Moses convince God that He was wrong? 7 min hpcaban 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Darwins Stepchild 830,229
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Paul Porter1 99,247
liston is here and still dancing wilth new pro... (May '13) 23 min stee 22
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min Halle Berry Sister 2,303
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Robert F 585,716
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min lovewithin 40,216
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dr Shrink 611,943
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 3,923
More from around the web