Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#422863 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about you, but when I was growing up the preaching wasn't about what people outside the church should be doing. It was about what we should be doing as Christians. There was no 'once saved/always saved' in any church teachings. I went to my great-grandmother's church and the message there was you better do what Jesus said or you were more damned than those who don't espouse Christianity because you're the one who made the promise.
Now, it's any old thing goes as long as you mouth the word 'Jesus' often enough. No, that's not quite true. If you say you love Paul often enough or quote him enough.
Jesus has been thrown to the wolves.
"It was about what we should be doing as..."

the point hasn't changed so why as a pagan do you feel it's your place to talk to 'christians' about how they're supposed to live?

shouldn't pagans be concerned with cleaning up their own self-righteous & hedonistic backyards?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422864 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, he's been watching that crazy Fox News woman who said women have ruined men by working, asking for equality, and all that other terrible stuff that makes men wet their pants because they can't rule women any more.
As soon as you change the laws to eliminate alimony and automatically giving child custody to mothers I might agree.

Where are all these women who will work for 50 years while her husband stays home and raises the kids and takes care of the home?

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#422865 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God loves them enough to keep giving them chances to straighten up. I can tell you've never read the Bible.
Your anti-Christianity has made you evil and rebellious.
Your christian brother was "forgiven" one too many times methinks...
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/John-...

After 2 prior convictions, one victim survived, the third wasn't so lucky. Those "christian" pastors...gotta watch 'em...sick puke christians.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422866 Nov 27, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no self-righteous pagans; just self-righteous christian and muslims.
<quoted text>
There wasn't any sacrifice.
<quoted text>
You steal from your boss, don't you? Is that right or wrong?
Oh, wait; you tell yourself you're all forgiven and everything, so it doesn't matter--you can do whatever you want.
<quoted text>
I steal nothing, you little piddle stain. You are a childish little troll.
<quoted text>
Your imaginary pocket god is not my creator.
<quoted text>
I never said I can do not wrong; there you go lying again, and Ninth Commandment be damned, right? After all, it's for you to tell us to obey your Ten Commandments while you piss all over them.
Unlike you, I take responsibility for my own actions. You lie, cheat and try to weasel your way out of *your* responsibility by falsely claiming "diving forgiveness."
What utter horse shit.
<quoted text>
That is not a lie; your buybull god does not exist.
<quoted text>
Your mythical god has done no such thing. You keep spewing myth and pretending it's fact; IT ISN'T. Your buybull god didn't create anything; your buybull is a work of fiction. I am obligated by all that is good and right and honest to reject your mythical god.
<quoted text>
Says the rapist to his victim.
y'know when you hear truth and immediately think that you have to refute it because of personal prejudices, you end up with deception.

can we try baby steps towards things we can agree upon?:)

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#422867 Nov 27, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Hell sounds like a drag.
So does heaven, actually.
Let's all be thankful that it's only mythology!
But, but, simply said told us the streets of hebun were lined with gold. He can't wait to get there and drool.
Of course just results and waaassuup, and all the other "christians" won't get there because they are not a member of his church of christ church. Gotta love it when christians condemn christians.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422868 Nov 27, 2012
That's why you continue to steal from your boss and hide your Topix life from your wife--because your 'jesus' forgives you.
Hypocrite.
<quoted text>
You are a hypoctrite by continuing to do what you know you shouldn't do. You are a hypocrite by expecting others to live up to a standard that you refuse to abide by.
I don't claim perfection *or* forgiveness; I accept responsibility for my own actions. And since "sin" is a concept of *your religion,* and I am not of *your religion,* I do not "sin."
You just don't want to understand that, do you? Your religion does not apply to me, any more that islam applies to you.
<quoted text>
Is that why you believe you are allowed to steal from your boss and cheat on your wife? Because your jesus "bares the punishments" for what you do? God's balls, you are SLIME.
Your jesus bore nothing for me; it is a myth. How many times do I have to tell you that?
<quoted text>
I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR YOU.
YOU are of the rapist mentality. I keep saying "NO!!" and you keep pushing your shit on me anyway.
LOL! i ain't pushing no more on you than you're trying to push on others.

if we make an agreement that i won't look you up for 10,000 years would you want to live in paradise?:)

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#422869 Nov 27, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Another interesting news item: A former fundamentalist preacher converts to atheism.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/magazine/fr...
Good to see there are still rational people out there that are coming to their senses.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422870 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it may be the personality, conversation and good looks but I have this sneaking suspicion that the ability to hold oneself in check and not commit wholesale mayhem may not be in play.
Ah, well.

I can live with that, I suppose.

Laffin.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422871 Nov 27, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Don't.
:O)

Good to see you too CJ!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422872 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still laughing AT you.
If you spent the last few hours laughing at an anonymous poster then your life is sad.

You do realize that you gave up sleep...watching a documentary...reading...spendi ng time with family...or whatever it is that you could have been doing...laughing at someone that I assure you could care less. Mater of fact...I would say that while he slept...you kept thinking about him...laughing at something that you probably didn't even understand.

I think that your time might have been better spent...praying about why you can't get some anonymous poster...who by the way...you will never meet...could pass him on the street and never know...out of your head.

I think that Chess Jurist won and you collected no rent for him having lived in your head all night.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422873 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles.
Where do you think the jesus idea came from?
the "idea" of Jesus came with the person of Jesus and we still have his biographies to this day!

don't stick your head in the sand, Sandhead cuz ignorance is no excuse for the law!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422874 Nov 27, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, he's been watching that crazy Fox News woman who said women have ruined men by working, asking for equality, and all that other terrible stuff that makes men wet their pants because they can't rule women any more.
Women, I have long noted, are perfectly capable of ruling themselves.

And they don't make an utter Charlie-Foxtrot of it nearly as often as men.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422875 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
What are you buying your wife for la festa dell' inverno--the winter solstice?
LOL:) we don't celebrate that stuff, but we are glad that our pagan culture still attributes some holidays around God and His Son.

what would you like for solstice day?:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422876 Nov 27, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, because sane people are Christians. It's the insane like you that are in torment and fear.
Your fear is why you keep shoving your hatred onto Christians.
BTW<Atheists played no part in the Sandy cleanup. Only faith based groups do anything to help.....and that area was infested with atheists!!!!
I bet the atheists won't even give a hint of "thanks" in return, the selfish bastards.
Keep repeating this over and over junior...repetition is one way to convince yourself.

Oh and you do realize that Wiccans, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc etc are also faith based groups. I am sure that you were working side by side with them. BTW What city did you go to?

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#422877 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the point hasn't changed so why as a pagan do you feel it's your place to talk to 'christians' about how they're supposed to live?
shouldn't pagans be concerned with cleaning up their own self-righteous & hedonistic backyards?
Because as ex-christians we have been indoctrinated to know what the standards are for christains and we see you not living up to those standards so we point out the hyprocisy you represent. This would be in line with some of the reasons we are no longer christians.

What makes you believe "pagans" are any more hedonistic or self-rightous than a rotten example of a "chistian" like you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422878 Nov 27, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine it's for much the same kind of reasons that you think you can talk to those outside your faith. But the difference is, I have been through the years of Christianity and know the Bible fairly well. You, on the other hand, are ignorant of your Bible and just mouth the words you've learned in church.

When you start acting like Jesus told you to, I imagine people will stop telling you that you're not following the teachings of Jesus.

I am in my back yard here. You're the one who jumped the fence and started yelling about the pine cone that fell in my yard while there is a dumpster load of stuff in yours.

Get the behind me, satan! No, before you ask, I don't think satan exists. But you do, so that's why I said it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422879 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You admit that you "sin" and also brag that you are forgiven.
The same things you teach convicts on the weekends.
Scary.
<quoted text>
Which allows you to continue "sinning." Tell it to your boss and wife, and see what they think.
Hypocrite.
<quoted text>
No, we don't. We believe in personal responsibility, and we believe in what goes around eventually comes around.
<quoted text>
How do you figure that? As I've already pointed out, it is you and your assholes who claim divine forgiveness and therefore permission to do whatever the hell you want.
<quoted text>
Your "judge" doesn't exist.
Do your boss and wife believe you have divine permission to do whatever the fuck you want?
"we believe in what goes around eventually comes around."

"you reap what you sow" is a bible principle & Jesus said "judge not lest you be judged; for with the same measure you meet to others it will be measured back to you" aka 'what goes around comes around'

pagans always 'steal' from the Bible and claim that they came up with it!

"assholes who claim divine forgiveness and therefore permission to do whatever the hell you want"

the pompus presumption of the devil and his flunkies never ceases to amaze me! this asshole tries to usurp God's place in heaven, incites the entire universe against Him and then has the nerve to point his poop-stained finger in the face of those who are redeemed and accuse THEM of not being perfect enough!!!

get away from that turd-breath while the get'n is good before you follow him into his much deserved fate......

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422880 Nov 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you change the laws to eliminate alimony and automatically giving child custody to mothers I might agree.
Where are all these women who will work for 50 years while her husband stays home and raises the kids and takes care of the home?
I know several men who stay home and take care of their children, clean house, cook dinners, take kids to piano recitals/football practice/other things.

When more men get rid of the idea that taking care of children is a 'lesser' place in life and that only men can take care of the business world, more men will be able to stay home and nurture their children and do all the jobs women have done since the first child was born.

If men who stayed home actually did the work a woman does, there wouldn't be a problem. They wouldn't have time to complain about women taking their office/sales jobs away from them, which is the only major place where women are in real competition for jobs.

I understand that a 2000 year old Jewish book needed to be written to keep women from ever being anything but second class citizens because that was the mindset at the time.

The world changes. You either change with it, or you stay mired in the past and continue to treat women as 2nd class citizens. Believe me, you don't want to do a woman's job at home and raise your children, make all the decisions about dinners, do all the laundry and cleaning, play nurse and mop up vomit, get them to their activities on time, split your evening into three places just so you can cheer each of your children on in their ball games, play chauffeur, and then have to put on a nightie and look sweet and willing every night. If you were expected to do that when you were so tired you couldn't tell your head from your feet, you'd be all over the 'women belong in the home' thing.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422881 Nov 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see there are still rational people out there that are coming to their senses.
No one can know and probably not even imagine how many like that are still sitting in church because they are afraid the same thing will happen to them that happened to him. They don't want to lose their jobs or their families.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422882 Nov 27, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution naturally delivers
<quoted text>
You know as well as everyone else that evolution is a scientific fact and an occurrence of Nature. What makes you want to call it a religion? Is it just your own stupidity and childishness?
c'mon kait, based on your own rationale; how can a theory including a hypothesis involvng billions of years be 'proven' without a billions of years frame of reference testing and documenting??? you got yourself a crazy-ass belief system there that has NO merit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min positronium 26,373
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 28 min Doctor REALITY 1
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 1 hr Ricky F 1,834
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Robert F 985,710
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Robert F 685,775
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 35
How To Recover Yahoo mail account Password Quick 3 hr johnwick91 1
More from around the web