Comments
399,081 - 399,100 of 441,189 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
amorr

Glasgow, UK

#422612 Nov 26, 2012
NatureLover wrote:
That was a very well thought out testimony. I understand how you feel. I too was baptised, first as an infant in the Catholic church, then being dunked under water in my young adulthood in a Baptist church and finally in an Evangelical church. I too never felt any different or special. I never felt comfortable in any church or gathering among Christians and decided that if I would communicate with my Creator, it would be in my back yard or in the woods or beach where I could enjoy the wonders of nature. I've always tried to believe in the promise of Jesus because the words attributed to Him are very wise. I just never felt any power of the Holy Spirit in the way that most Christians proclaimed they did. Maybe because I'm a skeptic at heart. My older sister is a bible thumping born-again Christian and we butt heads all the time. Her faith is blind and accepting of all. I question everything, maybe too much.
I am a bit like that as well "nature lover" I consider myself by nature a realist and a bit of a skeptic as well. I was brought up as a Protestant Christian, but I understand I was never baptised or Christened, my sister was, she became a Roman Catholic when she married. I am not against religion, in fact I enjoy listening to a lot of religious classical music i.e I have 2 CD's of Handels Messiah, so I am not completely against religion. When I was a child it would have been just as bad not to attend 'Sunday School' on a Sunday as it was to miss day school, Monday to Friday. However, like you,it just never 'clicked' to become really religious. I live in Scotland UK, and attendance at both Catholic Chapel and Protestant Church in this country is as low as 10% of the population. The only time that I am in a church, usually a Catholic one, is when my R. Catholic sister takes me to a choir concert in that church, I love the music. I have not been to a Protestant Church Service for nearly 30 years.As I say I have nothing against it, but it just never clicked with me, maybe I am just a little religious as sometimes I read the text while listening to the music.
Like you I love nature, love walking in the country and I do a lot of cycling, particularly during the summer months.
amorr

Glasgow, UK

#422613 Nov 26, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
then why do all you fundie christurds try and shove it down our throat???
non-believers KNOW this, if we wanted it, we know where to find it.
thanks but no thanks.
dust your sandals off and mosey on down the road.
If you live in the "So-called Bible belt" of America and you are a non-believer, say you don't attend church ever, then under some circumstances you could be turned down for certain jobs etc, at a interview you would be asked if you attend church on a Sunday, if you said you never go and the next person does, well,you know who is going to get that job, very unfair indeed.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#422614 Nov 26, 2012
amorr wrote:
<quoted text>
If you live in the "So-called Bible belt" of America and you are a non-believer, say you don't attend church ever, then under some circumstances you could be turned down for certain jobs etc, at a interview you would be asked if you attend church on a Sunday, if you said you never go and the next person does, well,you know who is going to get that job, very unfair indeed.
You might want to read this site...

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/religion.cfm

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#422615 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you continue this behavior? Do you not have one thread of decency running through you?
Is your rule to denegrate any woman you can't convince of your religion or just women in general?
What happened in your childhood? Were you the least favored by your parents?
what if i DO have issues and need your compassion??? do 'unbelievers' believe in killing the wounded?:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422616 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Forgiveness "?
For something I've never done, and couldn't have if I'd wanted to?
Don't be silly.
the 'belief-system' & creed of arrogance, innocence and perfection among the self-righteous only works among yourselves and in this very short world.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422617 Nov 26, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference is he hasn't been asked to stop. i am sure if i ask him to stop because his comments were unwelcome and made me uncomfortable.....he would stop.
but you.....
btw, your comment is why you are on ignore.
what must i do to get off 'ignore' status?
you're so fragile & cute...kinda like having an ol vulnerable teeny-bopper crush;)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#422618 Nov 26, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the laws have existed for a while now. It does not change what happens. Proving a case of discrimination is also very difficult, and most get tossed out before seeing a judge due to a lack of evidence. Which is, sadly, how it should be, without evidence these laws could easily be turned into the next witchhunts. But it doesn't make discrimination right.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422619 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And he just answered a post I made about waasuupp saying I didn't think he was married and said he'd been married 40 years. But he forgot to change back to waassuupp and used his TJ Monk sock. Hilarious.
Glad your son is home this year for Thanksgiving.
And thank you for serving your community.
LOL! i honestly don't care nearly enough to do what you're suggesting:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#422620 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>... It is a well-known fact that he does not have the credentials he claims...
Which is another reason I posted mine.
Most of the "experts" that these 'christians' produce are not as trained as I am and I prove it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422621 Nov 26, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion has taught you that a female can not possibly be your equal. One small problem, your religion is and always has been wrong about a woman and her capabilities and rights as a Human being.
<quoted text>
You have demonstrated numerous times you know nothing of logic.
<quoted text>
You mean, the same *legal* rights. But religiously speaking, you will never admit to female equality. It's against your religion, and your misogynistic bias.
i do understand equality! i also understand DIFFERENCES along with their associated strengths and weakness'.

why is it that the female superiority movement only reckognizes the obvious differences when it suits its agenda???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422622 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
There are no self-righteous pagans; just self-righteous christian and muslims.
<quoted text>
There wasn't any sacrifice.
<quoted text>
You steal from your boss, don't you? Is that right or wrong?
Oh, wait; you tell yourself you're all forgiven and everything, so it doesn't matter--you can do whatever you want.
<quoted text>
I steal nothing, you little piddle stain. You are a childish little troll.
<quoted text>
Your imaginary pocket god is not my creator.
<quoted text>
I never said I can do not wrong; there you go lying again, and Ninth Commandment be damned, right? After all, it's for you to tell us to obey your Ten Commandments while you piss all over them.
Unlike you, I take responsibility for my own actions. You lie, cheat and try to weasel your way out of *your* responsibility by falsely claiming "diving forgiveness."
What utter horse shit.
you lie by saying "no God", you cheat by not reckognizing Him even though He made His presence known through creation and sent His Son and you steal by not giving Him thanks for everything you take from this world.

BUT, we still love you!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422623 Nov 26, 2012
That's why you continue to steal from your boss and hide your Topix life from your wife--because your 'jesus' forgives you.
Hypocrite.
<quoted text>
You are a hypoctrite by continuing to do what you know you shouldn't do. You are a hypocrite by expecting others to live up to a standard that you refuse to abide by.
I don't claim perfection *or* forgiveness; I accept responsibility for my own actions. And since "sin" is a concept of *your religion,* and I am not of *your religion,* I do not "sin."
You just don't want to understand that, do you? Your religion does not apply to me, any more that islam applies to you.
kait - accepting responsibility for your own actions means that you're going to bear your own punishment instead of trusting that Jesus bore it for you.

i don't want you to have to do that cuz it means that we won't be together forever:(

“No Invisible Means of Support ”

Since: Nov 12

Simian Crease

#422624 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So they called you a liar. That's their stock and trade. Like I said, they set out to get to you and they did. They win. End of story.
Splay yourself on the floor of the Sistine Chapel for all I care. I am proud for everyone's accomplishments, but I see no necessity to watch as you painfully play into the hands of a bunch of idiots and hate-mongers.
If you let that idiot John Coffey get to you, you've lost it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422626 Nov 26, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
My point that you're conveniently ignoring is that a reliable history can be written from a small number of sources so long as those primary sources or secondary sources are still alive to relate what they saw and heard in relation to an event. Hearsay isn't allowed in criminal court, but it's almost essential in recording history so long as it's in close relation to the original sources of information. Like I said. Your expectation are way too high, either out of ignorance or convenience. Go ask a bunch of historians. I'm not talking about people who just remember facts. I'm talking about people who analyze material and sources using established criteria.
If this is your point, then I will go back to the original question I asked - relating to GoThomas and its validation through men and not "God".

Where does "God" say that GoThomas is "heresy" - or for that matter, any non-canonical text?

At this point, you've given this credit only to the Council of Laodicea (4th C.), and that they are not discriptive narratives (I disagree with many texts that you object to), and the time you think the texts were initially written.

Where does "God" say this?

Simian Crease

#422627 Nov 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait - accepting responsibility for your own actions means that you're going to bear your own punishment instead of trusting that Jesus bore it for you.
i don't want you to have to do that cuz it means that we won't be together forever:(
Thinking it is okay for something to be tortured and murdered just so you can be an immature fool is the height of immorality. Aren't you idiots always preaching self reliance? The cognitive dissonance is clearly pickling whatever gray matter your religion has not already destroyed. I don't need an imaginary victim to take responsibility for my actions.

In what strange place do you think the threat of spending eternity with you is somehow a carrot on a stick?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422628 Nov 26, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion does not even fully recognize the rights of women even today. You lie to cover for your religion and that's not nice.
<quoted text>
Why do you refuse to admit that christianity is a religion?
"pure and undefiled religion is this; that you visit orphans and widows in their affliction" st james

according to the Bible, religion is an action/verb and not a noun;)

Simian Crease

#422629 Nov 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what if i DO have issues and need your compassion??? do 'unbelievers' believe in killing the wounded?:(
Then go seek the professional help you so desperately need. Anonymous strangers on the Internet should be incapable of "killing" you.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#422630 Nov 26, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...which god-being?? There are at least 6 god-beings represented just in this little corner of the world. Which one is right and what concrete evidence can you provide the proof?
<quoted text>
That would be Zeus, and his son Hercules.
sure.....

btw- what are you getting steph for zeusmass?

Simian Crease

#422631 Nov 26, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the financial means to pursue such a claim, and with many in lower-populated areas having limited employment choices, acquiescence to the mean, despite such coercion's illegality, may be the only option. This is another disgusting trait of Christians.

Simian Crease

#422632 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I wrote selective skepticism is not rational. Skepticism applied to others but exempted from their own conclusions. Perhaps they do not have any. Unbelief is not validated by attacking Theism only. It seems few here ask themselves, what if i am wrong? 19979/422461.
<quoted text> For what? The existence of Jesus and His death via Pilate is established history. That has been presented time and again and ignored by so called ''rational skeptics'' on Topix. There is the James ossuary. Not a fake. You reduce it all to ''subjective experience'' which is a lie. <quoted text> Oh? And you know that how?
<quoted text> You keep ranting on based on mistakes and arrogant assumptions purporting to somehow know all believers based their assumptions on subjective experience. A lame and self serving con job. <quoted text> There are objective realities which transcends personal experiences and cultures.
<quoted text> Do you know my upbringing? Religious upbringing does not make any claims automatically false. The same could be said for your atheism. They mistake their own experience for objective reality in that they assume no God. They do not critically examine anything regarding their atheism. Could my atheism be wrong and what if i am?
<quoted text> Atheim is faith base. You just don't call it that nor do you require have to provide any justification because a negative cannot be proven is the classic justification. Is atheism true? Does it conform to all of reality? And i note. Your atheism is not validated by attacking Theism and never will be. Nor are your false assumptions and mischaracterizations. <quoted text> Christianity does not compromise with it's truth claims (resurrection of Christ as actual event) for peace. Nor will it compromise absolute moral claims, for example homosexuality and fornication is wrong in an absolute sense and will be the basis humanity will be judged by a three times Holy God who apart from Christ demands perfection which humans are not able to hold on their own.
The existence of Jesus and his death through Pilate is not established history. This makes your argument invalid. Besides, you wrote it earlier as "The Christ", not Jesus. Moving the goal posts further invalidates you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 min Neelakaran 1,109
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Neelakaran 5,322
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min confrinting with ... 539,077
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min atheism is destru... 733,160
Last Word + 2 16 min Hannah V 527
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min lil whispers 599,982
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Just Think 117,990
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Patrick 226,376
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min Charlie Sheen 258,044
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••