Why I’m no longer a Christian

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#422585 Nov 25, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are. You sound like Kate with those sour grapes. I hope not.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> No sour grapes here. I just don't care what your credentials are. This is an anonymous thread on an anonymous site.
He obviously has his own interpretation of "sour grapes."

#422588 Nov 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ....How you present information here and apply your education to daily dealings with others is the only thing I actually care about.....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My training in history and anthropology goes towards proof of my claims.
Yeah, right. Like *my* training in EOD, firearms, martial arts and UDT.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text> Proof is something that is always asked here but rarely given. Then when it is...wham you get whacked.
You got nothing, faker.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I have provided more evidence to support my scholarly opinions than there is proof offered for any theology, let alone the amatuer opinions and fabrications on both sides of the aisle.
Yeah, right!!!

HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!

G_O_D: "Why won't they bewieve me, Mommy? Waaahhh!!"

Che pezzo di imbecile.

#422589 Nov 25, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I cordially loathe most remakes.
I mean, Jeff Bridges is a decent character actor, but as Rooster Cogburn??!!?
Or Keanu Reeves as "Klaatu?"

Varf!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#422590 Nov 25, 2012
The sum of all is, if we would most truly enjoy this gift of Heaven, let us become a virtuous people."

~Samuel Adams

Essay published in The Advertiser (1748) and later reprinted in The Life and Public Service of Samuel Adams, Volume 1, by William Vincent Wells; Little, Brown, and Company; Boston, 1865

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Samuel_Adams

"Before God, I believe the hour has come. My judgment approves this measure, and my whole heart is in it

~ Samuel Adams

http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/j...

#422591 Nov 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I don't remember anyone asking you for your credentials.....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed Red Apples and others calling me a liar for a few months on WSJLM ?
As well as several christians and Kate here claiming I had no education ?
Did I bruise your widdle ego?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text> Get a grip WN. I am damned proud of what I have accomplished in my life and see no reason to hide it under a blanket just because you find it egotistical.
Not only egotistical, but hubristic and narcissistic.

You really do believe your own bullshit, don't you?

G_O_D: "I *command you* to bewieve me! I *command you,* I *command you!!* WAAAHHH!!!"

If you *aren't* Dave Nelson, you do a damned good immitation of him.

Location hidden

#422592 Nov 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>He is still recovering and doing well by every Dr's standard. He has several more surgeries to go but has put those off until his wife more recovered from her transplant. Thank all those who asked.
Message from Lawest

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I posted it pretty late obviously. I know Que and Epi asked and a few others. I am sure there will be responses tomorrow if you want to swing by WSJLM

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#422593 Nov 25, 2012
Breaveheart wrote:
Religion is confusing and contradicts everything God is about...
In some parts this is true, but other parts are perfectly clear.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNSJ9N6...

Location hidden

#422594 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
and others calling me a liar for a few months on WSJLM ?
Get a grip WN. I am damned proud of what I have accomplished in my life and see no reason to hide it under a blanket just because you find it egotistical.
I don't think it was narcissistic at all for you to post it under the circumstances. More than a few times people have called you a liar. What's worse is that because of your illness (which you have been more than candid about and have apologized when it has caused a lapse in concentration and you misread something due to exhaustion or ill health) some people have used that to attack your competency in general.

I don't see you posting this to be braggadocio over your accomplishments but instead to defend your character and integrity. On a place like Topix, that is all we have and conversations depend on it.

Yes you can be arrogant at times. So can I. So can everyone. But I also have found you willing to accept other points of view, have your mind changed, and admit what you believe may be wrong. That is a rarity to the point of being on the endangered species list for Topix.

If you had just posted it without provocation then that would be a different matter. But to have your intellect, your word, and even your competency all called into question with your qualifications being the means in which to attack all three, I think posting it not only is understandable but necessary. I would have done the same and I wouldn't have waited so long to do it.

(T) Peace
But you also can

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422595 Nov 26, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike most of the classics, "Dracula's Daughter" probably ought to be remade.
I thought the remake of "The Wolf Man" blew chunks.
<quoted text>
I never did see that. I did, however, see Bridges in "King Kong"--by accident.
Is it possible to unsee something?
No, but Time is merciful, and will blur the memory.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#422596 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Or Keanu Reeves as "Klaatu?"
Varf!!
Ick.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#422597 Nov 26, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Why do you ask?
He asked because I told him about you posting here, and your similarities to Brother Marine.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#422598 Nov 26, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing just fine, MW. Thanks for asking.
I've been offline a while. How's our episode of "Certification Challenge" doing today?
No winners yet...nor do I think there ever will be.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#422599 Nov 26, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to give the legal disclaimer.
Warning: Decoder rings may differ in color and design. Each decoder ring will give you a different answer to a single question. You must play 'Eenie, meenie, miney, mo' to choose an answer until you get an answer that confirms your predetermined beliefs.'
Thanks for catching that...haha.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#422601 Nov 26, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What 'droids, and why am I not looking for them?
hahaha!
DeathOnCouch

United States

#422602 Nov 26, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>Argument from undocumented self-authority. A logical fallacy. Fail.
Sparky, since your pocket god is imaginary, all of your assertions are ego stroke.
Dear "Sparky", old habits die hard.
DeathOnCouch

United States

#422603 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip WN. I am damned proud of what I have accomplished in my life and see no reason to hide it under a blanket just because you find it egotistical.
Liar!
DeathOnCouch

United States

#422604 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What DO you got, Topix addict?
A 24/7 need to justify your piss-poor life to total strangers in the hope that you will get an "atta boy!“?

Pathetic.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#422605 Nov 26, 2012
Tepigz wrote:
I felt that way to.A huge black hole...I didn't feel Him...Maybe I wasn't spending alot of time with Him.I'm not baptized yet I know I'm not ready...I feel so lonely.No one understands me!I cried.I was lonley,alone...wait no I was wrong.Ok so its night RIGHT now and I talked to Him..it felt so good...he filled me with love and happiness.I am a sinner...but he washed everything like if it were magic..He loves me and I love Him.I understand now.I will pray alot now.He understands me.I love you God forgive me... Couth talk to God as if He were your best freind tell Him everything nothing will stop Him from loving you.Thank you God I will make my life count :')
Thanks.

I tried talking/listening/communicatin g with God, decided I was in touch with no one but myself.

Your mileage might vary.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#422606 Nov 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
A pure, unbiased skeptic position would hold that no claim, from any source, should be accepted without evidence - including one's own personal claims.
I wrote selective skepticism is not rational. Skepticism applied to others but exempted from their own conclusions. Perhaps they do not have any. Unbelief is not validated by attacking Theism only. It seems few here ask themselves, what if i am wrong? 19979/422461.
Such a stance would require evidence from any believer - but believers are incapable of presenting non-subjectively experienced evidence.
For what? The existence of Jesus and His death via Pilate is established history. That has been presented time and again and ignored by so called ''rational skeptics'' on Topix. There is the James ossuary. Not a fake. You reduce it all to ''subjective experience'' which is a lie.
All believers in all religions rely upon their religion's construction of human experience to interpret, filter and understand their spirituality.
Oh? And you know that how?
Believer's experiences are real. They're valid ways of understanding life. But that doesn't make them objective descriptions of the reality outside the personal experience of reality.
You keep ranting on based on mistakes and arrogant assumptions purporting to somehow know all believers based their assumptions on subjective experience. A lame and self serving con job.
Your experience does not dictate my experience (and vice versa). Depending on the disconnect between our two cultures, your personal experience may not have much to say to mine at all.
There are objective realities which transcends personal experiences and cultures.
All this above, I find that believers are not able to fully grasp. They - you - constantly mistake your own experience for objective reality. Certainly, humans are adapted to do just that. Yet it describes the limitations of faith based belief systems and religious enculturation.
Do you know my upbringing? Religious upbringing does not make any claims automatically false. The same could be said for your atheism. They mistake their own experience for objective reality in that they assume no God. They do not critically examine anything regarding their atheism. Could my atheism be wrong and what if i am?
There's nothing wrong with cultivating spiritual experience. The danger lies in the willful submission of one's reason to faith based belief systems - the loss of moral accountability that our civil society requires,
Atheim is faith base. You just don't call it that nor do you require have to provide any justification because a negative cannot be proven is the classic justification. Is atheism true? Does it conform to all of reality? And i note. Your atheism is not validated by attacking Theism and never will be. Nor are your false assumptions and mischaracterizations.
the loss of perspective in the scientific, the inability to build bridges of compassion and understanding to believers of other religions and to nonbelievers.
Christianity does not compromise with it's truth claims (resurrection of Christ as actual event) for peace. Nor will it compromise absolute moral claims, for example homosexuality and fornication is wrong in an absolute sense and will be the basis humanity will be judged by a three times Holy God who apart from Christ demands perfection which humans are not able to hold on their own.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#422607 Nov 26, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I wrote selective skepticism is not rational. Skepticism applied to others but exempted from their own conclusions. Perhaps they do not have any. Unbelief is not validated by attacking Theism only. It seems few here ask themselves, what if i am wrong? 19979/422461.
<quoted text> For what? The existence of Jesus and His death via Pilate is established history. That has been presented time and again and ignored by so called ''rational skeptics'' on Topix. There is the James ossuary. Not a fake. You reduce it all to ''subjective experience'' which is a lie. <quoted text> Oh? And you know that how?
<quoted text> You keep ranting on based on mistakes and arrogant assumptions purporting to somehow know all believers based their assumptions on subjective experience. A lame and self serving con job. <quoted text> There are objective realities which transcends personal experiences and cultures.
<quoted text> Do you know my upbringing? Religious upbringing does not make any claims automatically false. The same could be said for your atheism. They mistake their own experience for objective reality in that they assume no God. They do not critically examine anything regarding their atheism. Could my atheism be wrong and what if i am?
<quoted text> Atheim is faith base. You just don't call it that nor do you require have to provide any justification because a negative cannot be proven is the classic justification. Is atheism true? Does it conform to all of reality? And i note. Your atheism is not validated by attacking Theism and never will be. Nor are your false assumptions and mischaracterizations. <quoted text> Christianity does not compromise with it's truth claims (resurrection of Christ as actual event) for peace. Nor will it compromise absolute moral claims, for example homosexuality and fornication is wrong in an absolute sense and will be the basis humanity will be judged by a three times Holy God who apart from Christ demands perfection which humans are not able to hold on their own.
Apologize for the mistakes. In a hurry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 865,173
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Patrick Daniels 599,881
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 17 min Grunt56 221,995
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 6,497
Why black people smell like poop (Nov '11) 52 min dirtyknotz 28
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr middleman1 2,784
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr HipGnosis 2,015
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web