|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I could care less about credentials of the Topix population.
I go by the manner in which someone writes. If you do not use the methods used by historians, then your job as a historical researcher is not factual research. You can say anything you like, but the evidence speaks for itself.
Does this mean that you don't want me to post my honorary park ranger certificate I got at Mt. Rushmore?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks.I'll pass cause God didn't make me out to be a fool...
You made yourself a fool. Don't blame God.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> To warn. So your blood will be on your own head and not the head of the Christian. An example is Exek 33. In Acts, Paul told those who rejected their blood was on their own heads.
<quoted text> ''Suggests'' because it is only conjecture.
<quoted text> Rejected by Christians and accepted by ''skeptics''. If it is accepted by ''skeptics'' then how skeptical are they in reality since there is zero actual evidence for copycat thesis. Two things similiar does not mean one came from another. Their so called skepticism is selective which does not make them skeptics in the first place. Only hypocrites or prentend skeptics. <quoted text> Simplistic. Christians start with death and resurrection of Christ. Death of Christ is established history. Thousands were cricified by the Romans and yet this one event which is of no historical significance stands out throughout human history. It is written by humans, so there is a connect there, but it does not mean God dictates and man writes. Maybe some Christians believe that. I certainly do not is. <quoted text> Truthful, yes. Accurate as in mistake free, no.
<quoted text> First century Christians had contempt for the religious concepts of pagan cultures.
<quoted text> They are not skeptical of their own claims since they have no evidence to back anything other than conjecture as indicated above.
<quoted text> They are not skeptics in the first place since they practice selective skepticism. Their assertions have to be faith based since they have zero evidence to back any of their claims or they base their claims on ignorance or rely on the ignorance or prejudice of the audience. First century Jewish culture had nothing to do with Pagan cultures as far as religious practice. They were idol worshippers. Pork eaters, uncircumcised. They would not even go into the houses of non Jews. Any non Jew who went into the Temple faced a death sentence. There was a seperation there. A Berlin wall if you will.(Please excuse spelling errors, in a rush)
Spelling errors excused, no problem.
Content and message are rejected...there is no excuse for your religion.

“No Invisible Means of Support ”

Since: Nov 12

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> To warn. So your blood will be on your own head and not the head of the Christian. An example is Exek 33. In Acts, Paul told those who rejected their blood was on their own heads.
<quoted text> ''Suggests'' because it is only conjecture.
<quoted text> Rejected by Christians and accepted by ''skeptics''. If it is accepted by ''skeptics'' then how skeptical are they in reality since there is zero actual evidence for copycat thesis. Two things similiar does not mean one came from another. Their so called skepticism is selective which does not make them skeptics in the first place. Only hypocrites or prentend skeptics. <quoted text> Simplistic. Christians start with death and resurrection of Christ. Death of Christ is established history. Thousands were cricified by the Romans and yet this one event which is of no historical significance stands out throughout human history. It is written by humans, so there is a connect there, but it does not mean God dictates and man writes. Maybe some Christians believe that. I certainly do not is. <quoted text> Truthful, yes. Accurate as in mistake free, no.
<quoted text> First century Christians had contempt for the religious concepts of pagan cultures.
<quoted text> They are not skeptical of their own claims since they have no evidence to back anything other than conjecture as indicated above.
<quoted text> They are not skeptics in the first place since they practice selective skepticism. Their assertions have to be faith based since they have zero evidence to back any of their claims or they base their claims on ignorance or rely on the ignorance or prejudice of the audience. First century Jewish culture had nothing to do with Pagan cultures as far as religious practice. They were idol worshippers. Pork eaters, uncircumcised. They would not even go into the houses of non Jews. Any non Jew who went into the Temple faced a death sentence. There was a seperation there. A Berlin wall if you will.(Please excuse spelling errors, in a rush)
Another blood thirsty Christian.your religion destroys your humanity n

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

DeathOnCouch wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakin crybaby.
Nitwitsan strikes again! Watching you devolve into irrelevant impotence has be wondrous!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Karl...I responded to your pm to me not realizing that you had also posted it here...so I will post my response to you here also.
Karl...I have not asked not require you to respect me or my beliefs. It is okay.
However...when I said that we ALL believe in something...I did not mean that it had to be in any deity. We all have our philosophies on life...even if that belief is in evolution...the big bang...or what ever else.
Some people's beliefs are in the abilities of man and their capabilities.
Why do you assume that "belief" requires a god? I never said that it did...simply because I happen to believe that a higher power than myself exists I have no more proof of that than those that say one doesn't exist. For that very reason is why I believe that we all have to find our own way through this life that we live.
You do not seem to read well. I DO NOT BELIEVE, I have no respect for those who do!

I do not believe in evolution --- I accept the theory, as proven; and I fully expect that there will be more evidence in the future and "a better understanding and explanation" will develop. This is NOT a Belief!, it is an understanding of evidence.

The big bang is a religious explanation of the beginnings of the universe, and while it seems probable that there was an event at T>0, I find the BB a weak explanation. Hawking has proposed a deeper hypothesis (M theory), I find this explanation appealing on two or three levels, I do not believe it and I do not accept it, I do however adopt it provisionally as the best hypothesis to date. This is not a belief either, it is a provisional hypothesis.

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh> I know. It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.
When idiots align. Film at 11.

Simian Crease

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Karl...I responded to your pm to me not realizing that you had also posted it here...so I will post my response to you here also.
Karl...I have not asked not require you to respect me or my beliefs. It is okay.
However...when I said that we ALL believe in something...I did not mean that it had to be in any deity. We all have our philosophies on life...even if that belief is in evolution...the big bang...or what ever else.
Some people's beliefs are in the abilities of man and their capabilities.
Why do you assume that "belief" requires a god? I never said that it did...simply because I happen to believe that a higher power than myself exists I have no more proof of that than those that say one doesn't exist. For that very reason is why I believe that we all have to find our own way through this life that we live.
Evolution and the Big Bang are not beliefs. Don't equivocate.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
True, BUT, I use the historical method. I wasn't alive then. I was born on Dec 22 1964 exactly 13 months after JFK was killed. But I can still write an accurate history of the event. How? Simple.
The historian doesn't need to witness the event. It is better if an eye-witness does decide to write, but in most cases, it's a journal or diary entry or a letter that is written. Now remember, I said imagine that we don't have any photos or the famous Zapruder film. So what would I have to do to write an accurate history even though I wasn't an actual eye-witness?
I would have to interview eye witnesses. Where would I find eye-witnesses? Well I would start by going to Dallas and looking in the already printed archives. I would ask for access to Dallas Police Dept. reports. I would look for the names of witnesses who still might be alive and living in the area. It's only been 49 years since that fateful day. Now suppose I find somebody who was 20 years old and saw the fatal shot to JFK's head. They saw the impact of the bullet, the fragments of skull and brain matter. Gross huh? Do you think something that gruesome could escape somebody's memory?
Okay, so let's imagine that I found only one eye-witness in the Dallas area. But now let's also imagine that in my search for living eye-witnesses, I find the daughter of a now-deceased motorcycle cop who rode near JFK's limo. Let's imagine that she was 12 at the time and that she overheard him telling his wife (the girl's mother) everything he saw, and she saw him break down and cry over it. Wouldn't that memory stick with her? You can claim it's hearsay, but it would be credible hearsay because she has to admit that her dad broke down and cried, which may be damaging to his reputation as a seasoned cop. If that's the image that triggers her memory, then it's likely to be credible even though it may be embarrassing to the memory of her father.
So now we have one direct eye-witness, and one person who knows an eye-witness in Dallas, Texas. Where do we go next? We hop on a plane and fly to Washington D.C. We can ask to look at the public reports in the National Archives. From these, we get the names of those who might have been in the Presidential entourage that day. Then we start inquiring as to where they might live now (any near D.C.?) and attempt to contact them. Let's imagine that we find Mr. Clint Hill,(Jackie Kennedy's Secret Service Agent) and he's willing to give an interview. He was the one who leaped onto the back of the limousine as it sped away to the hospital after the fatal shot. Does Mr Hill feel guilty that he couldn't protect the President? If so, this is a traumatic emotion. If he admits this emotion, it's highly likely that we can trust what he says about the events of that day.
So using just 2 primary sources and one secondary source, I can still write an accurate account of what happened on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas, even 50 years after the event.
This is the way historicity is researched and written about WN. It applies to all kinds of historical research regardless of whether it's secular or religious.
And just in case you think we can't find Mr. Clint Hill, 50 years after the fact, check this out. The video at the end is heartrending.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21250...
I hate to tell you what a failure your little story is.
You are trying to compare a 20th Century event with that of an ancient event. The written records of that time would be near nothing. The eye witnesses, if you could find them would be scarce.
Total failure....

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One would ask for evidence, since it's math we'd call it proof actually, if they are intelligent. Only an idiot goes with the crowd, that is why religion caters to idiots.
Oh Kitten, you should have blown his mind with the fact that 1 AND 1 yields 1. <smile>

Sad that they don't know the Trinity can only be solved in Boolean. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>....However, if 4 people wrote it down decades later and the accounts didn't match, it would probably be seen as untrue.....
Nope. Note the differing accounts of the Iraq war. Does that mean that the war didn't occur ? No. Just several different accounts that may or may not have some truth to them.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a christian
you are a hate troll
do you know the value of your opinion?
it is even less than the value of your faith.
you get the respect that you earn
as does your god
Boom!!!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew! Is that funny, or what?
Hi, X !!!!!!!!!

You have been sorely missed on these pages.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>I know your response is going to be further dodge, evade, lather, rinse, and repeat, but this statement is utter, unadulterated bullshit wrapped up in vague language. The right to display Nativity scenes has not been suppressed. You can display as many Nativity scenes as you want to. What you don't have is a right to use taxpayer money to do so. That has not been suppressed, that has been upheld all the way to the highest court in the land. Laws have meanings.
The right to voluntary prayer has not been suppressed. Prayer is unequivocally allowed in public schools. Period. It can just not be led by the schools. Students may pray together and even have church meetings in America's public schools, it just can not be led or sponsored by the school. This right has not been suppressed but has been upheld by the highest court in the land. Laws have meanings.
You completely and utterly fabricated those contentions, as Christians always do, and that makes you an unashamed, unabashed, unrepentant equivocator of the lowest common denominator. I already know what your response to this will be. Your dodge will be that you stated "some would complain", but, the fact is your statement stands as utter nonsense with or without that qualifier. You and your lies disgust me.
Boom!!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been seeing these certification competitions lately. I'm not sure just what to make of it.
How ya doin, X-man?
I got tired of the accusations so posted them. Just like many professionals place them on their office walls. It proves that some organization has confered a level of authority in a particular subject.

I ran out of room on my wall.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't you make a mint selling your superior secret decoder ring on an infomercial?
"For just $19.99, plus S&H, get the Tony17 magic Bible decoder ring, so you too can claim to be the only one who can "accurately comprehend" that big, old dusty Bible. But wait! There's more! If you act now, Tony will throw in a free prayer cloth replica of the Shroud of Turin! Amaze you friends. Call now! Sham operators are standing by!"
If I had a dollar for every a christian who claimed that their interpretation was right, no matter whose it differs from, I would have 2 billion dollars. GMAFB.
But Wait!!! There's more!!! For just the S&H we'll include a second magic bible decoder ring...in fact we'll give you as many as you want!!!
Just pay the additional S&H for each ring...consider it a tithe...

Haha...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>I know your response is going to be further dodge, evade, lather, rinse, and repeat, but this statement is utter, unadulterated bullshit wrapped up in vague language. The right to display Nativity scenes has not been suppressed. You can display as many Nativity scenes as you want to. What you don't have is a right to use taxpayer money to do so. That has not been suppressed, that has been upheld all the way to the highest court in the land. Laws have meanings.
The right to voluntary prayer has not been suppressed. Prayer is unequivocally allowed in public schools. Period. It can just not be led by the schools. Students may pray together and even have church meetings in America's public schools, it just can not be led or sponsored by the school. This right has not been suppressed but has been upheld by the highest court in the land. Laws have meanings.
You completely and utterly fabricated those contentions, as Christians always do, and that makes you an unashamed, unabashed, unrepentant equivocator of the lowest common denominator. I already know what your response to this will be. Your dodge will be that you stated "some would complain", but, the fact is your statement stands as utter nonsense with or without that qualifier. You and your lies disgust me.
Obviously you have preconditioned ideas. Do you honestly think that I sympathize with people who do make these complaints? I don't. I understand why they feel that way, but that doesn't mean i am in agreement. It is entirely possible to comprehend the essence and the motivation of another person's views without advocating that view.
This is not dodging or deflecting. it's the truth. Go find another straw-man to stand up and then knock down. It's not getting anywhere with me.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Death of Christ is established history.
Too bad there is no evidence that backs up your bullcrap claim.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Boom!!!
Boom? More like "fizzle."

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:

This is what Christianity has done for you?
I'll pass. Thanks all the same.
<quoted text>
What part of the buybull is that from, angry hateful christian?
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
. I'll be laughing as I get to watch you punished, you gutless cowardly anonymous bigot.
This is the ugliness of christianity. Thanks for showing it, and driving people away from your religion of hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 729,880
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Porkpie Hat 259,118
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 536,971
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min yon 2,176
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 18 min Naveen kumar 159
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min CALYS017 117,764
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 35 min Naveen kumar 963
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••