|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
...DO YOU have an Undergraduate's Degree w/ honors in Ancient History from a secular University?...
Apparently you can't click on the link to me diplomas or you think Penn State is a bible college.

ROFLMAO

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He has demonstrated his knowledge, you have not. Knowledge doesn't change because you want to "interpret" it differently.
Yaawwwn.The difference is ....he supposedly has knowledge which seemsto have impressed you (not that I'm surprised that it has). Get wisdom and get knowledge but out of all thy getting.........GET UNDERSTANDING, something he as well as you have utterly failed to do.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>I know I don't know the "hitory". Who is that and where does she live?
LOL,LOL ( LITERALLY). Now that was funny. Now I don't belittle ones grammatical errors but that SHO WUZ funny,LOL.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yaawwwn.The difference is ....he supposedly has knowledge which seemsto have impressed you (not that I'm surprised that it has). Get wisdom and get knowledge but out of all thy getting.........GET UNDERSTANDING, something he as well as you have utterly failed to do.
You use the word "understanding" to mean "agreeing." That's dishonesty.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

sweetrevenge84 wrote:
I am not here to judge nor hate on your choice. I would like to remind you that there is a God, a God that never gives up on you and it will never be too late to come back to him.
WELL, then

is this god of yours related to that bastard from the christian book?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not crying that they have had the privilidge of displaying their religion on public property for over 100 years, they are complaining that they have to either stop it or allow other religions the same priviledge.
I am supprosed they aren't trying to force medical schools to teach faith healing and exorcism.
With regard to your first point...yepper.
And your second...they are and have been but we are learning to catch them early on so all they can do is complain.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the word "understanding" to mean "agreeing." That's dishonesty.
So what does one call it if someone tells someone that 1 plus 1 equals two and the party disagrees yet claims that he is so educated and a master of all knowledge.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So what does one call it if someone tells someone that 1 plus 1 equals two and the party disagrees yet claims that he is so educated and a master of all knowledge.
One would ask for evidence, since it's math we'd call it proof actually, if they are intelligent. Only an idiot goes with the crowd, that is why religion caters to idiots.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D, I'm puzzled. Tell me,how is it that you claim to have read the entire Bible yet you missed that part in Ezra chapter two that clearly shows how and when the tribe of Judah was inflitrated and became known as the religion known as Judaism.

There is absolutely NO WAY that one could have read the entire Bible and missed all that. You'renot exactly intimate with telling the truth AT ALL TIMES....are you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you couldn't and that is why the Bible is unreliable and full of mistakes and outright fraud.
Thank you for proving my case.
I beg to differ. If 4 people wrote an account immediately after it happened, and the accounts were the same, historically speaking it would probably be seen as fact.

However, if 4 people wrote it down decades later and the accounts didn't match, it would probably be seen as untrue.

Historians look for stories that bear similar elements. That's the only way they can look into the past. They also look at the time and place they were written. If those things are also close together, then it makes the evidence more sure.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww now pookie,lol. What higher credential can I present than my ability to """"" """accurately """"" """ teach Gods word and hopefully inmy teaching,God may be glorified instead of my ego being stroked like you stroke yours instead of glorifying God.
Whew! Is that funny, or what?

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been seeing these certification competitions lately. I'm not sure just what to make of it.

How ya doin, X-man?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. If 4 people wrote an account immediately after it happened, and the accounts were the same, historically speaking it would probably be seen as fact.
However, if 4 people wrote it down decades later and the accounts didn't match, it would probably be seen as untrue.
Historians look for stories that bear similar elements. That's the only way they can look into the past. They also look at the time and place they were written. If those things are also close together, then it makes the evidence more sure.
deppendent from which point,or side,or education, or skills were writting those 4 completly different people about only one story,LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST?

for sure you are not advoctae or corrector after 2000 years of those 4 who wrote Gospels

today esspecialy women are more smart from anyone, even play more smart from God alone- and your are one of them just stupid writter on the dust, waves of waters flush each minute all your quesses,lies, and bamblings having no sense in global scale,JUST DUFF

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks.I'll pass cause God didn't make me out to be a fool and I don't tempt God by testing Himto see if He'll protect me. By the way, what makes you think I'm interested in your so called credentials. I have debated all kinds of Doctoral educated people and made them seem as if they were kindergartners by comparison and I have discovered that you are no exception either.
I have taught youmuch since I've been here though of courseyou won't admit it.Your ego won't allow you to be honest
You ain't taught nobody nuthin but that there's an endless supply of insecure quasi-God Warriors that feel like they have to strut and blow on an anonymous board like wet-feathered peacocks.

Ya'll remind me of the Corpse-maker from Twain's Huck Finn:

展hoo-oop! I知 the old original iron-jawed, brass-mounted, copper-bellied corpse-maker from the wilds of Arkansaw! Look at me! I知 the man they call Sudden Death and General Desolation! Sired by a hurricane, dam壇 by an earthquake, half-brother to the cholera, nearly related to the small-pox on the mother痴 side! Look at me! I take nineteen alligators and a bar値 of whiskey for breakfast when I知 in robust health, and a bushel of rattlesnakes and a dead body when I知 ailing! I split the everlasting rocks with my glance, and I squench the thunder when I speak! Whoo-oop! Stand back and give me room according to my strength! Blood痴 my natural drink, and the wails of the dying is music to my ear! Cast your eye on me, gentlemen!預nd lay low and hold your breath, for I知 bout to turn myself loose!

Tell ya what, Toady17yroldBigot, name your subject. Please go slow, I'll see if I can keep up.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

<quoted text>
Whoa! Hold on there! Didn't you read my paragraph? I said some people have complaints about such issues. I don't. I said I understand why some people have complaints about these issues. This does not mean I advocate those same views. Get a grip and stop assuming. Yes I'm evangelical, yes I'm an apologist. But that doesn't mean I side with everything that comes down the Christian pike just for the sake of solidarity.
You assume wayyyyyy too much.
Yes, you said 'some people'. And then you ended your post with this:

'While I don't personally complain, I can understand how some people may feel about these issues.'

I realize you mean that you sympathize with these feelings you mentioned, because you said 'while I don't personally complain'.

You see, I have the ability to comprehend what I read. I answer accordingly. If you once again did not explain yourself well, that's not my problem.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Never gets old. Good thing,'cos there's an endless supply.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>So, what do you believe in and what reference from the Bible do you formulated it from? I would hope that you side with all that comes down the Bible pipeline, for the sake of solidarity with Christ and the Bible.
And what if he doesn't? Are you going to tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail? Or are you just going to do what you always do and type hate-filled little messages at him because he's not the creepy Christian you are?

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

<quoted text>
You do? You really need to check your ego at the door. You're not gonna like my next statement, but I don't really care either.
Do YOU know Greek? I DO.
Do YOU know Hebrew? I DO.
Have YOU been to Jerusalem? I HAVE. TWICE.
Do YOU have an Undergraduate's Degree w/ honors in Ancient History from a secular University? I DO.(Binghamton University - SUNY)
Do YOU conduct historical research as a profession? I DO.(Not in religion either - just sayin')
If anyone around here has extensive knowledge without having gone to a Divinity School, it is I.
Wow. With all those credentials you'd think you wouldn't have ducked out on our discussion last night just when it was getting started.

Shall I repeat the dot-points and questions I asked you to consider?

I'd like to add one, relative to "pre-suppositions", if I may? You keep insisting that Matthew wrote the first gospel, and that he did so in Hebrew. Can you back that up with anything?

Besides pre-suppositions, I mean?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been seeing these certification competitions lately. I'm not sure just what to make of it.
How ya doin, X-man?
Life is good, thanks. If all goes well, I'll be bringing by cigars with pink ribbons in March.*Peter Pan pose* I've still got it.

Imagine WN smoking a stogie.

I check in occassionally, but don't dedicate the time to follow along religiously.

I'm proud to see the thread still accomplishing the desired goal.

I'm always easy to find on twitter @Xcntrik

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You do? You really need to check your ego at the door. You're not gonna like my next statement, but I don't really care either.
Do YOU know Greek? I DO.
Do YOU know Hebrew? I DO.
Have YOU been to Jerusalem? I HAVE. TWICE.
Do YOU have an Undergraduate's Degree w/ honors in Ancient History from a secular University? I DO.(Binghamton University - SUNY)
Do YOU conduct historical research as a profession? I DO.(Not in religion either - just sayin')
If anyone around here has extensive knowledge without having gone to a Divinity School, it is I. But I do not correct your errors for my own ego, no matter what you might think. I correct your errors because they are just THAT. ERRORS.
Go ahead. Get mad, get nasty, it matters little to me how you react.
What does matter is what I've seen, where I've been, and that the conclusions I have reached are more plausible than not.
Your ego is dedicated to yourself.
My ego is dedicated to knocking your presuppositions right where they belong: in the dust.
Now shall we continue?
I am sorry to hear that you do historical research as a profession. I hope it has nothing to do with Biblical research. You're not objective enough to do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

347 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Sheilaa 115,888
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min sweets2360 224,744
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Buck Crick 257,193
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 6 min joy 29
Rants and Raves: Obama 'birther' myth lives 7 min yon 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min sweets2360 722,609
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 17 min yon 164
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 25 min i_need_massage 486
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Liam 533,887