Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Resurrectionologist wrote:
What? Are you kidding me? Oh jeez here we go. LOL
Okay, I'll take this in sections. The prophecy of Zechariah was well known to Jews. The Jewish culture was devout, and paid great attention to detail. It was understood from Zechariah's prophecy that the Messiah would enter on a donkey.
ďRejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, your king coming unto you; he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon a donkey, even upon a colt, the foal of a donkeyĒ(Zech 9:9).
Either one of two ways or both at different times. There is also Daniel 7:13 where Messiah will come ''with the clouds of heaven'' which means swiftly or powerfully depending on the condition of Israel. If unworthy He comes meek and lowly as in the Zech. verse. Clouds of heaven as in Matthew 24:29-31. Jesus references ''son of man'' and ''clouds of heaven.'' as in the Daniel verse. Also Isaiah 13:9-10 and Joel 2:31, 3:15.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Either one of two ways or both at different times. There is also Daniel 7:13 where Messiah will come ''with the clouds of heaven'' which means swiftly or powerfully depending on the condition of Israel. If unworthy He comes meek and lowly as in the Zech. verse. Clouds of heaven as in Matthew 24:29-31. Jesus references ''son of man'' and ''clouds of heaven.'' as in the Daniel verse. Also Isaiah 13:9-10 and Joel 2:31, 3:15.
Matthew 26:64. Jesus before Caiaphas the High Priest.
''...you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.''

Daniel 7:13. I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like the son of man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.

Then the reaction of the High Priest in Matthew 26:65 indicates he understood the claim of Jesus as the Messiah by tearing his robes and accusing Jesus of blasphemy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

<quoted text>
Ah WN I'm not trying to re-write the Bible. I have studied the temple. I have looked at how it was laid out. King Herod conducted a remarkable feat of engineering when he decided to build a level platform that the temple was meant to sit upon. The words of Jesus were very likely confined to the buildings. And he was right. Every single building down to the last stone was cast down. The platform that the temple sat on is what now constitutes the Wailing Wall. You have to actually go to Jerusalem to obtain a truly thorough understanding of it.
Now if you still want to argue that Jesus' prophecy was not fulfilled because of this, you still have to consider the role of hyperbolic language in ancient culture. Hyperbole is a way of exaggerating for the purpose of making an important point. So even if you still refuse to acknowledge the literal accuracy of Jesus' temple prophecy, we still have to consider that He may have been using dramatic flair to illustrate just how ruthless the Romans would be. They were indeed ruthless and every building above King Herod's platform was completely destroyed.
So either way, the prophecy is still legitimate and accurate.
You can believe whatever you wish. Every Christian makes excuses that keeps them from believing what the Bible says so they can confirm their belief.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

<quoted text>
GoThomas is more of a list of Jesus' teachings. It's like an ancient list of His quotations. I don't disagree with the teachings of Jesus.
I disagree that GoThomas is a descriptive narrative. It isn't.
When speaking of all gnostic gospels on Wednesday, you said you rejected them because they did not meet the criteria of the Laodicean Council.

The Laodicean Council approved:

III and IV Kings
I and II Esdras

It banned:

Romans

What Bible do you have that contains III and IV Kings and does NOT contain Romans?

According to the criteria you set for believing or not in the Gnostic Gospels, ie the Laodicean Council, you must have a Bible that goes by the same rules you set for the exclusion of all the Gnostic gospels.

You asked me to wait until today to remind you, and I did so. So now lets get down to business and you tell me which Bible you're using.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just going to address this one portion of your post.
Again, I will post the scripture for you:
Mark 13:2
"Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."
'All these great buildings' and 'not one here will be left on another' includes the whole of the temple complex, from the ground up. ALL means just that.
You still rewrite the Bible to justify it for yourself.
If it works to make you happier, by all means, have at it.
But you can't make 'ALL these buildings' mean just the inner portion of the temple. hen it says 'not one stone of ANY of those buildings (plural) shall be left one upon another, then that means from the foundations up and all of the buildings (plural) will be destroyed.
Another rewrite. If you have to change the writings, then it can't possibly be anything divinely inspired.
To this day the Jews have had no functioning Temple since the secound temple was destroyed. Over 1900 years, no functioning priesthood with sacrifices.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is either hyperbole or ignorance of the writer with an ex post facto "prophecy".
They were written after 70 AD (except Thomas and Paul) and knew that the Temple had been destroyed.
That still does not allow the fact that some of the stones are still standing to be overlooked.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
Whew...I survived a food coma...
Hope everyone had a nice Turkey day...
I avoided it too. Didn't overeat. Saved dessert for later in the evening and didn't have anything but dessert. I'm stronger than I thought!
assinscreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

assassin's creed 3 download for pc free full game

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOLT4I7...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> To this day the Jews have had no functioning Temple since the secound temple was destroyed. Over 1900 years, no functioning priesthood with sacrifices.
I didn't claim they have had a functioning temple. This is the fundie way of trying to form an argument when there is none.

If the temple was to be destroyed and not a single stone left on top of another, it would not have just been the inner temple, especialy when Jesus said 'all these buildings'.

There is no argument unless you believe Jesus was lying.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>When speaking of all gnostic gospels on Wednesday, you said you rejected them because they did not meet the criteria of the Laodicean Council.
The Laodicean Council approved:
III and IV Kings
I and II Esdras
It banned:
Romans
What Bible do you have that contains III and IV Kings and does NOT contain Romans?
According to the criteria you set for believing or not in the Gnostic Gospels, ie the Laodicean Council, you must have a Bible that goes by the same rules you set for the exclusion of all the Gnostic gospels.
You asked me to wait until today to remind you, and I did so. So now lets get down to business and you tell me which Bible you're using.
Forgot to add Baruch to the list of 'approved' books by the Laodicean Council. It's early. I'll use that as an excuese.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't claim they have had a functioning temple. This is the fundie way of trying to form an argument when there is none.
Your missing the point, as usual. God left the Jews with no functioning Temple for over 1900 years after Christ was crucified. Certain conditions had to be met. Haggai lived long enough for the second Temple to be constructed and witnessed the disappointment of the people when compared to the glory of Solomon's temple which was destroyed.''The latter glory of this house (2nd Temple) will be greater than the former says the Lord of hosts...'' Haggai 2:9.
If the temple was to be destroyed and not a single stone left on top of another, it would not have just been the inner temple, especialy when Jesus said 'all these buildings'.
That is the whole point. It was fully destroyed as there has been no been no functioning priesthood with animal sacrifice, post Christ. In what ways is the latter glory of the second temple greater than the first if not Christ? There is also timeline. There are Rabinnic traditions which put the Messiah's coming around two thousand years ago. Rashi, foremost Jewish commentator on the Tanakh put the date on more than 1750 years ago based on a mistake. When the mistake is corrected then you are in the middle of the first century.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Good Morning..I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend..Grace and Peace to you all..

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Christians are winning

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

1 Thessalonians 2:13-- "Ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>........Glad your son is home this year for Thanksgiving.
And thank you for serving your community.
thanks! having him home made it extra special for all of us. it was wonderful! and the weather was great! we had the outdoor fire pit going, so people could sit outside as well.

serving our community is a privledge. i can't put into words how we feel about doing this.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Don't mind a bit.
((((((hugs)))))

oops should i ask mac first **wink**

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((hugs)))))
oops should i ask mac first **wink**
thats disgusting

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>.......
I doubt seriously he would stand in front of love_spell's husband and ask her about her pubic hair......
hubby says THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

non believers are some sad peeps

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min River Tam 730,751
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 12 min Mattuz 85
Last Word + 2 12 min andet1987 426
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min Godchild 117,877
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 min monu chauhan 104
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min bacon hater 94,420
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 4,263
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min River Tam 599,583
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 537,307
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 259,385