“My Karma Killed Your Dogma”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#421384 Nov 19, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Hell yeah I am. If this entity wants me to believe that snakes and donkeys talk, that axeheads float, that the earth spun backward for a few hours, that dead people pop out of the grave and cook fish, and that substitutive atonement is not the most immoral concept ever conceived by any god anywhere, and this god wants my love, respect, fear, and obeisance, then yeah, I should think it'd be a small thing for such a god to make itself clearly known without parlor tricks and the testimony of long-dead people.
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're another one that interprets the Bible textually? No wonder atheists and fundies clash so much. They both assume that the words on the page mean exactly what they say and that there's no metaphor involved.
In other words, your buybull means whatever you want it to mean.

Thanks for clearin' that up.

Location hidden

#421385 Nov 19, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a moral failure
and a real christian
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your idea of what a moral failure is does not concern me nor should it concern you....
Sooooo...how much did you steal from your boss today?

Location hidden

#421386 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ya gotta luv the logic of self-righteous pagans!
There are no self-righteous pagans; just self-righteous christian and muslims.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i look to the Sacrifice
There wasn't any sacrifice.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>because i undertand that i'm guilty.
what do you do about your guilt, or do think you can do no wrong?
You steal from your boss, don't you? Is that right or wrong?

Oh, wait; you tell yourself you're all forgiven and everything, so it doesn't matter--you can do whatever you want.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#421387 Nov 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Love Spell..
How have you been?? LOL...I see you have been busy on here. Where is our old "Friend"? lol.. I have just about finished ALL my test for this semester. It has been a hetic week for me. I just finished my essay in APA format (enough to make me pull my hair out) and when I started to sumbit the paper, Something happened and made me LOSE ALL my work..I almost cried. Instead, I said some words that I probably should not have said and took a few deep breaths..I STARTED over and actually thought the second paper was better than the first..< grin> Just thought I would stop in and say hello..ALSO HELLO everyone else..WN, No Stress4 me, Mr.W, Kaitlin and G_O_D,...Happy Thanksgiving To you all..
boy, that sooooooooooooo sucks! glad that the second paper is the best! can't say i miss school work.

keeping you in my thoughts.

happy turkey day to you. ours will be especially wonderful as my son is home this year.

Location hidden

#421388 Nov 19, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Jesus Christ is Lord...
There's no "r" in "Load."

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#421389 Nov 19, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that he has inseminated countless carpets, towels, and socks, and not one has yet become pregnant. He's responsible that way.
ewwwwwwwwwwwww

LoL

responsible or can't find a willing partner?!

Location hidden

#421392 Nov 19, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>But your's should. You are an idiot.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i differ such things to God. i'm forgiven!
That's why you continue to steal from your boss and hide your Topix life from your wife--because your 'jesus' forgives you.

Hypocrite.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#421393 Nov 19, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So no matter how you twist it, your religion requires fear and you are a victim. The next phase is guilt. I know, been there done that.
No. Guilt only comes into play when I do something I know is wrong.

As I said, there are different types of fear. You're conveniently ignoring the context of my statement. That's a straw man fallacy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#421394 Nov 19, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a FREAKSHOW....your personality decribes in detail who you are. Have you no shame, respect for humanity? I have been in and out, there and back with religion, but I keep control of my hatreds and feelings. We live in a civil society, learn to respect others, regardless how different they are to you. Really, do you expect everyone on earth to BE THE SAME AS YOU? MY GOD...hopefully NOT. Repair yourself, don't sit in your pool of sorrows....move on...grow....learn from your mistakes..call your mistakes "EXPERIENCE". You look beautiful, be beautiful inside.

Location hidden

#421395 Nov 19, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, there's metaphor, and allegory, and simile, and acrostic, and chiasma, and oh, all the tools of the writer's trade. But some of these are signs God performs specifically to impress the target audience. These are not presented as metaphors. And finally, was Jesus' resurrection a metaphor? Now that's just downright heretical. Stone soup for you......
<quoted text>First, what would it matter? Isn't my salvation supposed to be uppermost on his mind? I suppose I could stand some messy drawers if the alternative was eternal hellfire, couldn't you?
Besides, you're saying Almighty God can't make itself known without all the theatrics? What kind of charlatan god do you imagine? Yours used to come down to give "signs" for the most vainglorious reasons, just to show the crowd what a He-God he was. You're saying now he hides in the clouds, expects us to "love" it anyway, and if we don't, he finally reveals himself just to say go to hell.
<quoted text>By your very words previously, you "believe" in some part because you fear "punishment" if you didn't, so you can dispose of the high and mighty bafflegab. We ain't buyin' it.
<quoted text>
I believe Jesus' resurrection was a real literal event. I believe it is only one of a few times that God intervened in the laws of nature to bring about a result that would draw us closer to Him.
Even though the four official accounts of said resurrection all contradict each other. Never mind who's right and who's wrong; just go ahead and believe them all.

Because you fear the alternative.

Location hidden

#421396 Nov 19, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your jesus-being was the only son of your god-being.
Interesting...the goal posts keep moving.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well Jesus is the "only begotten", i.e. He's God, like the Father & the Spirit. i'm a created son, but one whom God loves just like Jesus.
i'm telling you that it doesn't get any better than this & you're more than welcome to join the family!:)
Right; the Manson Family. Or is it the Koresh Family? Maybe the Applewhite Family?

Location hidden

#421397 Nov 19, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Of course! Why in the world not? What an odd thing to ask.
What kind of "evidence"? It never ceases to amaze me the limitations Christians place on their God, until we recall that the God of the Bible exhibits all the characteristics of mankind, and none of a deity.
In 1967, the Beatles took part in the first live global television satellite link, broadcasting around the world. They wrote a song specifically for the event, keeping the message simple and easily understood around the world. The song was "All You Need Is Love".
If the Fab Four could pull this off, why couldn't God do something along the same lines? Why couldn't God appear to every human everywhere, simultaneously, calming them thru his much-vaunted Holy Spirit, and speaking in language each can understand. "Hey! I'm God. I love you. Now I'm only going to tell you this once, so listen up. I want you to love yourself, and each other, everyone. If you don't, you might get away with it for awhile, but eventually you'll be punished. If you do, you'll not only reap the benefit in this life, but you'll also live in my house forever. Peace. Over and out."
What would be so hard about that? It's no different than the core message in virtually all the world's religions, inc. the Bible. The only difference is it would be immediate, personal, and undeniable. Everyone will have heard the exact same message. No one could change it, or deny it. They could still exercise their freewill and ignore it, serving themselves just as selfishly as we do today under the current paradigm, which obviously ain't working so well.
Forget substitutive sacrifice for some vague sin committed by an ancient metaphorical Adam. This would be the single greatest thing God could do for creation. Yet he'd rather hide inside bleeding statues and burnt toast. For every prayer answered to heal an obese American geriatric who partied hard most of his life, he "denies", for his own ineffable reasons, millions of children praying for a couple hours of peace and a bite to eat.
<quoted text>I'll tell ya what, I think you might have a problem there. You ain't that much different than the unbeliever regarding faith. If I understand it correctly, BibleGod demands faith >>in the absence of evidence<<. We've examined the evidence and found it sorely wanting. You say you've examined the evidence and found it "compelling". In any case, you required a "sign" no less than we, our standards for a compelling "sign" are just different. You might want to double down on your wager.
I didn't require a sign. I started looking at historical evidence as well as listening to personal testimonies. I have evaluated each on it's own merit.

Now with regard to the Beatles analogy, I can understand what you're saying. God could do that, but would it serve His purpose? How many people would think it to be a hoax? Would YOU believe it if God spoke to you? How would you know it was God?

The whole point of Jesus' ministry was to usher in the kingdom of God by working through man. Man was meant to interact with fellow human beings in bringing the message and the Kingdom to fruition.

Location hidden

#421398 Nov 19, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You've missed the point. Your post was admonishing another about their lack of knowledge of Bible canon, when you have continually demonstrated that you are blissfully ignorant of the canon. Your misspelling of something you consider so vital was just the icing on your cake of ignorance.
I am not a son of anyone, nitwit. I am a woman, and a much smarter and superior person than you. That is your cross to bear as you wallow in your mediocrity. How did Cain have a son? There were no women to choose from, or, as you like to call it, Saturday night.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know why it's so hard for me to believe that you're a woman.....maybe cuz you're so damn mean?
i never pretended to be an eloquent or studious chap; i prefer home-spun wisdom and the love of God over so-called intellecualism any day of the week;)
You mean, you prefer superstition over reason.

Location hidden

#421399 Nov 19, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooow, scawy.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
now that i know you're female, this actually sounds cute;)
Watch out, "Huh!" He's going to start asking you about your pubic hair!!

Location hidden

#421400 Nov 19, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, there's metaphor, and allegory, and simile, and acrostic, and chiasma, and oh, all the tools of the writer's trade. But some of these are signs God performs specifically to impress the target audience. These are not presented as metaphors. And finally, was Jesus' resurrection a metaphor? Now that's just downright heretical. Stone soup for you......
<quoted text>First, what would it matter? Isn't my salvation supposed to be uppermost on his mind? I suppose I could stand some messy drawers if the alternative was eternal hellfire, couldn't you?
Besides, you're saying Almighty God can't make itself known without all the theatrics? What kind of charlatan god do you imagine? Yours used to come down to give "signs" for the most vainglorious reasons, just to show the crowd what a He-God he was. You're saying now he hides in the clouds, expects us to "love" it anyway, and if we don't, he finally reveals himself just to say go to hell.
<quoted text>By your very words previously, you "believe" in some part because you fear "punishment" if you didn't, so you can dispose of the high and mighty bafflegab. We ain't buyin' it.
<quoted text>
Even though the four official accounts of said resurrection all contradict each other. Never mind who's right and who's wrong; just go ahead and believe them all.
Incidental details don't merit any charge of contradiction. Independent accounts will naturally contain variations in minor details. What matters is the core of the story. As a writer and historian, I run into this quite often. The key to resolving apparent contradictions is to look for what they have in common and then work from that point. Historical research doesn't search for inconsistencies or contradictions. In fact, if there are no apparent contradictions in incidental details, there is a greater likelihood that the accounts are fabricated. The presence of incidental details lends credibility to historical accounts. But don't take my word for it. Go ask a textual historian. They'll tell you the same thing.

Location hidden

#421401 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
If I'm going to be so stupid as to endanger others in such a careless manner, then I don't deserve protection. The above post you submitted is erroneous.
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
she didn't say to do it in a populated area.
what there aren't any roads in your area that are "deserted" or your god can't protect those people and hide their car keys???
It just demonstrates that he doesn't have the faith that he claims to have.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#421402 Nov 19, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - you're theology gets more humorous by the minute...
Yours had a 1700 year head start, that is why it so hilarious.

Location hidden

#421403 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a FREAKSHOW.
Eat it.
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>...your personality decribes in detail who you are. Have you no shame, respect for humanity?
Of course I do; that's why I oppose you hate-filled fundies and your stolen myth.
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text> ... We live in a civil society, learn to respect others, regardless how different they are to you.
So how come *YOU* don't?
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text> Really, do you expect everyone on earth to BE THE SAME AS YOU?
*Hell* no!! That'd be boring.
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text> Repair yourself, don't sit in your pool of sorrows...
"Pool of sorrows?"
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>move on...grow....learn from your mistakes..call your mistakes "EXPERIENCE".
Take your own advice.
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text> You look beautiful, be beautiful inside.
Why, thank you! You li'l sweet-talker, you... What are you up to?

To paraphrase the late, great, indomitable Mae West, "Are you just happy to see me, or is that a gun in your pocket?"

Location hidden

#421404 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Incidental details don't merit any charge of contradiction.
Yes they do. They can make or break a case.

Yours is busted.

Location hidden

#421405 Nov 19, 2012
It's late. I'd love to stay and chat, but I think I'll go splash around in my pool of sorrows with my girlfriend and a nice glass of Shiraz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 579,613
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Clearwater 818,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Seentheotherside 610,036
Caucasians are Neanderthal-Sapien hybrids. (Oct '07) 12 min Johnny 166
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min WasteWater 2,074
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 32 min LAWEST100 132
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min Porkpie Hat 270,222
More from around the web