<quoted text>
Well said.
Thanks.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#421165 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
<face-palm> Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And no I'm not talking about me. Just want to make sure that's clear.
Bwahahahahaha. That you had to attempt to clarify that speaks volumes.

Hey, did you here about the three wrestling moves they are teaching at the CYO? The full Nelson, the half Nelson, and the Father Nelson.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#421166 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And one of Noah's son had sex with his mother and fathered Canaan.
Haha.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#421167 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> If it makes you feel better to think that others will cease to exist because they won't link pinkie fingers with you and say 'I believe!', so be it.
It sounds to me as if you think you have been mortally betrayed in this lifetime and are grasping at straws to find love again.
I am good with death forever, it that's what it turns out to be. You evidently will not live on in the memory of anyone since you think you will disappear if you don't have Jesus. I truly do pity you that you have nothing in this life that is worthwhile.
We only live a short time to learn and decide if we want Gods Kingdom rule. It's near..Mathew 24:14, 28:19,20. It's there, it's operating now. Please take a stand and at least learn about it. Only minutes are involved. If you don't, you are a fool. There is more to life than this world. Find good people who will never betray you now.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421168 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was.
<quoted text>
They existed worldwide. That is why the whole world was flooded.
<quoted text>
That's not true either. The Ark landed on top of one of the most highest of mountains. The whole world would have had to be flooded to raise the ark that high. Do you not realize how much water is in the ocean and how it could be delivered by God to flood the land worldwide. THINK HARDER!.
<quoted text>
Can't be any worse than all the Republicans having to take care of all the worthless liberals in America.
Did you learn this erroneous misinformation in your sunday school class. If the whole world was flooded and the water receded from off the earth then where did it recede to? There would have been no where for all that water to recede to if the whole world was covered with water. Dosen't make sense to anyone that has the ability to think

There was no dry land anywhere after the flood according to the misinformation that typical sunday schools teach. It's a contradiction to physics.

The entire globe was nothing but water so where did all that water recede to? In order for the water to recede from off the earth, there would have had to have been a receptacle on earth to receive it. Bot how if it as the misguided teach that the entire world was covered with water? Can you see the contradiction in that belief that the entire world was covered with water?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#421169 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And one of Noah's son had sex with his mother and fathered Canaan.
Not true. Sisters4768 yes.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#421170 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
<face-palm> Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And no I'm not talking about me. Just want to make sure that's clear.
You seem to be unable to understand the idea of seperation of church and state.

I don't talk about religion with my students. It is illegal and I would be fired.
However, if anyone got me fired for my religious views ouside the classroom they and the school would lose a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#421171 Nov 18, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you assume i have not read Isaiah?
You're right. You gotta admit, it just seems odd that you wouldn't say as much, but refer to having read much "ON Isaiah", with your only reference being a work of modern fiction only collaterally connected to it.

We can spend our lives reading "on Isaiah" without ever having read the darn thing itself, and in fact, this would describe the vast majority of believers. There's all kinds of authors out there that have written "ON Isaiah", saving the rabble from having to read it by telling us what it says - according to that author, of course. There's nothing like going straight to the source and drawing one's own impression, is there? You would of course use that Holy Spirit cheat, while us heathen would be left to just muddle through with what the words actually say.

So, you're saying you have read Isaiah, all 66 chapters, straight through? KJV, or..? Tell me, what are your overall impressions?
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well, in the words of Ayn Rand, you need to check your premise.
Ayn Rand? Boy, talk about "cognitive dissonance"! A Christian Randian! Whodathunkit? That 'splains a lot right there, and leaves a whole lot more murkier than ever.
duststorm

Webster, TX

#421172 Nov 18, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
*I'm* still waiting for a christian to tell me what purpose is served by punishing someone for all eternity because they don't believe in jeebusgod.
Are you suggesting some sort of rehabilitation program and early release for good behavior?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#421173 Nov 18, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>1. Yeah, but, my house and I can be proven to exist empirically. Your god story, not so much. Children reject authority all the time. Should they be cast out on the street? Why are you telling others what their answer would be? Weird.
2. You are missing so many things here. Eternal punishment for finite crime is immoral. Eternal punishment for thought crime is even worse. If a child rejects authority, it may be for the right reasons. You're a Catholic. See any reason why a child should reject the authority of the church yet? If it is for the wrong reasons, we teach it. We tangibly lead it to the right way, not through the mystery of 38,000 differing interpretations of a perennially edited, dusty book. How does a spirit kick itself in the ass? Why do you need your ego to live forever? Your assertions are not difficult to understand, they are just without evidence, childish, and really rather silly.
3. Nope.
You make an awful lot of assumptions.

You're assuming that God should provide empirical evidence to let you know he exists.

Why do you assume I'm Catholic? I have never said what denomination I am aligned with. I don't consider myself anything other than Christian.

Eternal exclusion and separation from God in the future is warranted if we reject him in this life.

If your kid rebels at the age of 21, and you kick him out are you going to just let him waltz right back in unconditionally, or are there going to be stipulations that he must abide by. It's not just thought crime as you say. It is rejection of authority, compounded by rejection of existence. Apparently there should never be any consequences for our actions in your worldview?

Does the 1st degree murderer deserve life in prison without parole?

Does the drunk driver deserve to lose his license if his recklessness causes injury to others?

You assume way too much, and you think we should live blissfully enjoying everything now, because tomorrow we're all worm food.

I have no problem with my body being worm food. I have no problem with the thought that I am going to cease to exist biologically.

However, if there is even the slightest chance that there is something after this, then I want to see it and enjoy it. I want in on this bigger picture. And if I have to follow some specific criteria for inclusion, then yes, it will be worth it. You can keep your small worldview if that's what you want. I'm after bigger and better things if they really do exist. And if they don't exist, have I really lost anything? You might think so, but I don't.

And there is the difference.

You assume too much. Strange that you would do so without any empirical evidence other than the words you're reading on the screen at this very moment. So who's really blind in their faith? Not me.(:

“The future begins”

every moment

#421174 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of Dan Brown, have you ever read 'The Lost Symbol'? That's some good symbology right there, buddy, and not a bad fictional tale to boot.
Is that the one in DC? I'm sure it is. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Much better than the previous two, by my lights. He ain't no Eco, but I think he's getting stronger with each one, so far.
duststorm

Webster, TX

#421175 Nov 18, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Duuude!
Why don't you just admit that X passed away??

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#421176 Nov 18, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
i think everyone KNOWS they are the same person. and everyone knows who that is!
Hello Love Spell..
How have you been?? LOL...I see you have been busy on here. Where is our old "Friend"? lol.. I have just about finished ALL my test for this semester. It has been a hetic week for me. I just finished my essay in APA format (enough to make me pull my hair out) and when I started to sumbit the paper, Something happened and made me LOSE ALL my work..I almost cried. Instead, I said some words that I probably should not have said and took a few deep breaths..I STARTED over and actually thought the second paper was better than the first..< grin> Just thought I would stop in and say hello..ALSO HELLO everyone else..WN, No Stress4 me, Mr.W, Kaitlin and G_O_D,...Happy Thanksgiving To you all..
duststorm

Webster, TX

#421177 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think anyone here hates you. I do think that many, like me, feel absolute pity for you at times. But that doesn't garner any persecution points, so you have to exaggerate and call it hate.
Don't feel pity for me. I have won the New York State Lottery, so to speak. I didn't work for it. I didn't deserve it. I will never have to return it. It's a good thing.
Legion

Lexington, NC

#421178 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be unable to understand the idea of seperation of church and state.
I don't talk about religion with my students. It is illegal and I would be fired.
However, if anyone got me fired for my religious views ouside the classroom they and the school would lose a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
I wish your stupidity was terminal, too.
Legion

Lexington, NC

#421179 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. You gotta admit, it just seems odd that you wouldn't say as much, but refer to having read much "ON Isaiah", with your only reference being a work of modern fiction only collaterally connected to it.
We can spend our lives reading "on Isaiah" without ever having read the darn thing itself, and in fact, this would describe the vast majority of believers. There's all kinds of authors out there that have written "ON Isaiah", saving the rabble from having to read it by telling us what it says - according to that author, of course. There's nothing like going straight to the source and drawing one's own impression, is there? You would of course use that Holy Spirit cheat, while us heathen would be left to just muddle through with what the words actually say.
So, you're saying you have read Isaiah, all 66 chapters, straight through? KJV, or..? Tell me, what are your overall impressions?
<quoted text>Ayn Rand? Boy, talk about "cognitive dissonance"! A Christian Randian! Whodathunkit? That 'splains a lot right there, and leaves a whole lot more murkier than ever.
Blow it out your pompous ass...
Legion

Lexington, NC

#421180 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just admit that X passed away??
Could the world be so lucky?

“The future begins”

every moment

#421181 Nov 18, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely fantastic post. Thank you.
and thank >you< for that excellent blurb in your avatar. >big SMILE here<

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#421182 Nov 18, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
an interesting reply from inside the box .
This is one of your more interesting socks
Your paranoia is worsening.

“The future begins”

every moment

#421183 Nov 18, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
geeeesh, are you really this fcuking stupid or just pretending????
one does not have to be a single FEMALE with a child/ren to qualify for the earned income credit. married couples with children who earn within a certain bracket also qualify. as do grandparent/s raising grandchildren. learn what EARNED INCOME CREDIT really means.
and last time i checked, it takes 2 to make a baby. if you think a female gets pregnant all by herself..........you really are this stupid! or are you one of those fundies that think it's all the female's fault for having sex and getting pregnant!!!!!!!
so you don't think that children deserve a decent home, warm food, and clothing.
why does christerdom attract so many misogynists?
You should know that he has inseminated countless carpets, towels, and socks, and not one has yet become pregnant. He's responsible that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Freebird USA 175,787
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 10 min ilea vazan 472
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min scirocco 37,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 265,485
Moses never existed 36 min KiMare 843
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min pusherman_ 778,850
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 100
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 560,589
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,363
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) Sat risque 137
More from around the web