Why I’m no longer a Christian

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#421084 Nov 18, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
If thats all it is...it's nothing. Gone in a second. 2 Corinthians 4:4...Only your Creator can give you all of everything. The Lords Prayer is to pray for HIS Kingdom GOVERNMENT.....One world, One country, One people, no divisions, all in peace and prosperity. What you have is a fabrication of a minute mind, grasping for something like AIR....to hold onto....but slips away as the rest have before you. You really have nothing without GODS RULERSHIP OVER THIS EARTH....Mathew 24:14.
the delusions of a christurd for all too see.

you use your religion as a crutch. i need no crutch. you can threaten all you want with your fake god. it doesn't scare me. i stopped believeing in the boogey man many years ago. so stop having religigasms thinking about non believers being tortured for eternity because of a thought crime **rolls eyes**

your bibull says to dust off your sandals and march on down the road, if the message is not welcomed by those that don't believe. yet you think you know more than your god. and/or think the bibull only pretains to others and you are the exception.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#421085 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely is child abuse. Most if not all religions are guilty of it.
To teach of a god-being is one thing. To teach that that god-being is different or better than another's god-being is what brings about the discourse religions bring into our daily existance.
I'm just getting started...
Feel free to continue. <smile>

I am fortunate that my parents never forced any religion on us. We were allowed to follow our own spritual jouneys.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421086 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that an observant person would see the evidence.
Yet, you don't.

<face palm>

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#421087 Nov 18, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
Yes.....You have NO love and NO spell....just you.
once again, because reading comprehension is never a strong suit with christurds..........LOVE SPELL is the name of a fragrance by VICTORIA SECRET. i posted a link, did you not click on it? or don't know how.**rolls eyes** geeeeeeeeeeesh.

do all fundies by their inferior granny panties at the same store????

once again..........i have no love for you hateful, vengeful, nasty fundies.

i believe in casting spells as much as i believe in your fake god.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421088 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It's a merry bus-ride to Sheol tho'. I damn well wouldn't want to go to a heaven populated by these moon-eyed moroons and administered by the evil demiurge they call God.
There is far more that we could get into re:the misuse of Hebrew prophecy, and Isaiah in particular, having to do with context, translation, and original authority interpretation. One of them even cited as much earlier. In fact it is those very things that >should< show them the egregious liberties that have been taken with Hebrew scripture to provide scaffolding for the Christian castle of cards. There's very little we haven't been through before, and with some of the same people. Before it was something of a challenge, now it's little more than an amusement. Study continues, because it's fun and enlightening, but wrasslin' with these angels of God gets boring, quick. It's just good for spending some time on the line with you guys now and again. Peace to you and yours, now and always.
micah lives!
;)
HipG
You would think that with the prescience attributed to said deity that it would have a little more control over that pesky little holey spirit. Each Christian gets to interpret with the aid of said spirit but being the prankster he is, he gives each one of them a different 'discernment' and tells them he's not giving anyone else the reeeeel truth and that they and they alone will have it.

I've just come to the point where I read each new addition to the Bible and smile. What else can ya do?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421089 Nov 18, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the failure of christian morality, on display
Notice that she nor any of the other fundies here think the same rules apply to them. They have been 'saved' and even though the Bible says they'll go on that chopping block first, they continue to rewrite the Bible to exclude themselves from the steel fangs of their God, the torture worms, the burning and torturing. They just get to get their jollies while watching those who won't join them curl like bacon while they burn.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421090 Nov 18, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...at least I don't hate Dusty. In one sense...I admire her...at least she lives what she believes whether we agree with those beliefs or not. She certainly doesn't come on here with the vile and nasty language...well if you ignore the torture worms and sizzling like a slab of bacon in a hot skillet!
I am not even sure if I pity her or not. She seems to have found what gives her pleasure...even if I think what pleasures her is a bit strange.
The other thing about Dusty...she never backs down nor changes her story...it has been the same since I first ran across her. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but she is at least consistent.
Just my opinion.
Yes, she is consistent. I feel pity for her because she seems not to know anything about joy, love, kindness to her fellow human beings and probably in return receives none of those things.

But consistent she is....torture worms and all.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#421091 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
We see a lot of fundies coming and going on this site. When one lot of socks goes missing, another lot comes in immediately. Does anyone besides me think they are all the same?
i think everyone KNOWS they are the same person. and everyone knows who that is!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421092 Nov 18, 2012
By the way..I haven't seen Torture Worm around in a long time. Wonder what happened that he doesn't visit any more. I kinda liked the little fella.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421093 Nov 18, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
in order to form the lies that permit faith to appear as truth, the first victim of deception must be the believer himself.
those susceptible are statistically, the uneducated and the desperate
Dusty is sort of an enigma in that area. She's quite intelligent on one level. She says she had to give up everything she ever learned in order to be a Christian.

Strange, I know lots of Christians with college degrees that have not given over their minds to such insanity as has dusty.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#421094 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>But she has perfume from Victoria's Secret.
yes i do! in fact i picked up more yesterday while in chicago! hubby and i, together with a bunch of friends (14 in all) took the train from south bend to chicago. we went along Michigan ave. we went to the cheesecake factory. had a 2 hour wait. so we went to the top of the John Hancock building. then went to WATER TOWER PLACE and shopped. got more LOVE SPELL! and went to VERA BRADLEY! went to the AMERICAN GIRL STORE, granddaughter loves the dolls! back to cheesecake factory for lunch..........delish! then more shopping. stopped at Neimans. got a cute bag and shoes. then to the disney store and finally got our place along the parade route and waited for the parade and fireworks. saw parade and fireworks, then winded our way through the mob and made our way to the BILLY GOAT TAVERN [never been before] had a few "house specials" before heading back to milenium (sp) station for the train ride home.

now those SNL fans who are about my age will remember BILLY GOAT TAVERN!! but if you don't..........here is the link

http://www.billygoattavern.com/legend/snl/

the best part of the day was being with friends!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#421095 Nov 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no giants, and our physiology makes such things impossible. Giant mythology starts where some guy gets his butt kicked in a battle, crawls back to the king to explain himself, and rather than just take the loss in status they claim it was a "giant" that thwarted him. It's not surprising that the myths are in almost every ancient culture.
KK:

My theory- Could there have been the possibility that those who were considered "Giants" were actually humans who suffered from Marfans Syndrome? Since this causes extra tall people with long arms and legs, big hands, etc.(Abraham Lincoln was rumored to have it), could these people just have been mistakenly referred to as Giants?

I would appreciate any and all responses.

Thanks in advance.
MWD

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421096 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>dusty's performance here just this day is in conflict with her objection that she doesn't "imagine" the hell that awaits non-believers. But yes, in the past, she did so in such an ugly way it was copied to the "file".
If you've ever had chickens, you're familiar with their annoying propensity for piling onto one of their weaker members. During one of Thumper's periodic meltdowns he took to castigating Lifelover, a sweet, quiet, and unassuming Catholic, for the crime of...being Catholic. dusty could not resist running to the sight of blood. Another Xtian told her to back off, and she said, "You will also console her in her unbelief and allow her to go to a lake of fire for all eternity?" Disgusting.
But the worst duststorm quote I was "blessed" to see came following the murder of an 8-yr old girl in CA by her Sunday School teacher. Dusty muses:
"The little girl is in heaven, in the arms of Jesus.
Is her death to be in vain?
Will I be vilified by saying that God has allowed this to happen so that people will learn of Him and his ways? Will someone on Topix have the scales fall from their eyes?
His ways are not our ways."
Jesus! The depths of cold inhuman depravity hinted at here! Ya can't make this stuff up.
This is even worse than Educator telling us that God had killed off a former co-worker of hers for reporting her for evangelizing where she teaches.

Someone on WSJLM told me my son got just what he deserved because I am an unbeliever.

I cannot think of any situation in which I would say the murder of someone's child was a good thing. I can't think of any situation in which I would think God 'mowing down' a co-worker for reporting me for breaking the law would deserve being killed over. I can't think of telling anyone that their child was almost killed and lost a leg because their parent didn't believe as I do.

And they do it with such glee. Thumper and his crowd actually did take the scales from my eyes. I saw the worst of not only Christianity, but humanity, in their words. And yet they will all preach that we should return and join them in their putrid behavior.

Not gonna happen.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#421097 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Dan Brown? Why have you read "quite a bit ON Isaiah" but don't actually read Isaiah?
Why would you assume i have not read Isaiah?
This is the case for the vast majority of so-called Christians. What is it that Christians find intimidating about actually reading what they allegedly believe in? I truly don't understand this.
Well, in the words of Ayn Rand, you need to check your premise.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#421098 Nov 18, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist are no remnants the opposite is true they are being ever more intellegent people.
I've never laughed at a post so hard in my life. Atheists are the most ignorant people to walk the planet.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421099 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Dan Brown? Why have you read "quite a bit ON Isaiah" but don't actually read Isaiah? This is the case for the vast majority of so-called Christians. What is it that Christians find intimidating about actually reading what they allegedly believe in? I truly don't understand this.
How many times when we have given a book to read in the Bible to clear something up have we been told 'I don't have time to read that'? What? But they have time to read reams of apologetics on what they haven't read.

It numbs the mind.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421100 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Dan Brown? Why have you read "quite a bit ON Isaiah" but don't actually read Isaiah? This is the case for the vast majority of so-called Christians. What is it that Christians find intimidating about actually reading what they allegedly believe in? I truly don't understand this.
Speaking of Dan Brown, have you ever read 'The Lost Symbol'? That's some good symbology right there, buddy, and not a bad fictional tale to boot.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421101 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that an observant person would see the evidence.
If you believe, everything you see will support those beliefs. If you don't believe, it takes more than it becoming daylight and dark once every 24 hour period.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#421102 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Victoria-s...
...Just in case you haven't read the hundred or so times she has explained where her name came from.
thanks WN!

it's their most popular fragrance! you would think these fundies would know what it is!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421103 Nov 18, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
KK:
My theory- Could there have been the possibility that those who were considered "Giants" were actually humans who suffered from Marfans Syndrome? Since this causes extra tall people with long arms and legs, big hands, etc.(Abraham Lincoln was rumored to have it), could these people just have been mistakenly referred to as Giants?
I would appreciate any and all responses.
Thanks in advance.
MWD
The term translated into "giant" in English would have been more accurately translated as "Champion", "Hero" or "Great Man".

It makes more sense (like most of the Scriptures) in the orignial ancient Hebrew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min 2 tim 2 15 980,123
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min nanoanomaly 100,228
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min 2 tim 2 15 6,146
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min kent 670,287
Treating others with respect 17 min Sherry Denise N 13
News The 12 worst movies to ever win Oscars 2 hr discocrisco 1
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 3 hr Nicky 148
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 286,455
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web