Why I’m no longer a Christian

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#421055 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not imagine or conjure or wish or hope retribution for our fellow man.
We take it as the gospel that there will be a retribution for these poor souls.
We take seriously the words of the hymn, "Rescue the perishing, care for the dying".
After the age of 20, the human is dying every day. The body is slowly following its inexorable path to the grave.
Without divine intervention, the soul arrives naturally at the gates of hell and enters in.
In spite of the fact that I just responed to a Christian who did so. You also, do imagine and conjure and wish and hope retribution for your fellow man, and you have at numerous junctures. Don't think that because we haven't conversed in awhile that I forget you and your words. You've expressed some of the most horrific sentiments I've witnessed in this forum. I know, I saved some of 'em. Wanna see?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421056 Nov 18, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That was awesome. The authors of the book had preconditioned thinking. Where do these Christians get this stuff? Bwahahahahahaha.
Chick tracts?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#421057 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick and you are the hate-filled one. You hate me for being a Christian.
1. I don't hate you.

2. I have no idea what YOU mean by Christian.

3. You are a far cry from following the way of life Jesus preached.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421058 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way, the first Christians were not the only ones to rewrite the Bible to suit their new religion.....
The first Christians didn't have a Bible. That was created 300 years later.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421059 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>In spite of the fact that I just responed to a Christian who did so. You also, do imagine and conjure and wish and hope retribution for your fellow man, and you have at numerous junctures. Don't think that because we haven't conversed in awhile that I forget you and your words. You've expressed some of the most horrific sentiments I've witnessed in this forum. I know, I saved some of 'em. Wanna see?
Oh, please! Please share. I didn't save them and have to rely on a fairly accurate memory. But that pales in comparison to the real thing.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421060 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians didn't have a Bible. That was created 300 years later.
My error to put it that way. The teachings of the Torah were changed. Then, the teachings of Jesus were changed. I hope that makes my POV clear.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421061 Nov 18, 2012
I think I'm going to go read for a while. Or perhaps take a nap. Later, gators.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#421062 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The parallels to Jesus are "obvious" just as the lines on a blueprint parallel the lines of a finished building. The Christian "architect" had the Hebrew blueprint to work with in constructing their "Christ" creation.
Jews believe that their view of a single God is the true and correct one. They believe they as a nation have and will suffer for this view. Thus they "bear" the sins of those who torture and murder them for the sake of their faith.
With that in mind, re-read Isaiah 52:13 thru 53:12. Think of the Roman persecutions, the pogroms, the Holocaust while you're reading. Israel bears this burden in refusing to abandon their belief in YHWH. They bear the sins of their persecutors silently, because this is their lot as the Chosen Ones tasked to bear witness to the One True God.
I have read quite a bit on Isaiah. Dan Brown writes bout it. There is also Isaiah 61. Quoted by Jesus in Luke 4:18.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because he has annointed me
to bring god news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisioners;
2.) To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.

That is where Jesus stops in Luke. Isaiah goes on

and the day of vengeange of our God;.....

“The future begins”

every moment

#421063 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Hip. Of course, I already see where this conversation is going and that no amount of facts will ever make a difference.
There's a lot of ossification. More at times than I am able to handle.
You and X started out educating me. I took it from there and am still way, way behind you guys. I thought when X showed up that maybe he would give his viewpoint. I still hope he does. He gets into details that I am far from learning yet.
Now I have damned myself again. Shoot.
It's a merry bus-ride to Sheol tho'. I damn well wouldn't want to go to a heaven populated by these moon-eyed moroons and administered by the evil demiurge they call God.

There is far more that we could get into re:the misuse of Hebrew prophecy, and Isaiah in particular, having to do with context, translation, and original authority interpretation. One of them even cited as much earlier. In fact it is those very things that >should< show them the egregious liberties that have been taken with Hebrew scripture to provide scaffolding for the Christian castle of cards. There's very little we haven't been through before, and with some of the same people. Before it was something of a challenge, now it's little more than an amusement. Study continues, because it's fun and enlightening, but wrasslin' with these angels of God gets boring, quick. It's just good for spending some time on the line with you guys now and again. Peace to you and yours, now and always.

micah lives!
;)
HipG

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421064 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>My error to put it that way. The teachings of the Torah were changed. Then, the teachings of Jesus were changed. I hope that makes my POV clear.
Much better. Thanks.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#421065 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That being said, you could never spend a day without bashing a Christian,,,,,,mean and nasty athetard. You're also jealous you have no eternal punishment for me for showing how ugly your filthy mind is.
You wish harm upon the wholesome values of Christianity which for years protected our nation, our children, our economy.......odd , but true, you've yearned to see it all destroyed with the use of your do-nothing empty cult of atheism.
You teach society it is OK to kill in malls, public theaters, in SCHOOLS, and other areas of common use modes of enjoyment.
You are a why we will be in civil war again, you weak willed athetard.
at 18%, atheists in America are now the intellectual majority, very soon they will be the voting majority.

you should pray

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#421066 Nov 18, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
I always love listening to Bible stories that aren't actually in the Bible.
Folks is funny.
Greetings all.
Duuude!

Location hidden

#421067 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You filched a pencil in the fourth grade, and that alone makes you deserving of a death sentence. You didn't give back the incorrect change at the grocery store, you drove 5 miles over the limit, you had bad thoughts about your colleagues. Worst of all, you are in outright rebellion against God, and his plan to send his only begotten son to die for you. That makes you deserving of a death sentence to the lake of fire for all eternity.
the failure of christian morality, on display

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#421068 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think anyone here hates you. I do think that many, like me, feel absolute pity for you at times. But that doesn't garner any persecution points, so you have to exaggerate and call it hate.
I agree...at least I don't hate Dusty. In one sense...I admire her...at least she lives what she believes whether we agree with those beliefs or not. She certainly doesn't come on here with the vile and nasty language...well if you ignore the torture worms and sizzling like a slab of bacon in a hot skillet!

I am not even sure if I pity her or not. She seems to have found what gives her pleasure...even if I think what pleasures her is a bit strange.

The other thing about Dusty...she never backs down nor changes her story...it has been the same since I first ran across her. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but she is at least consistent.

Just my opinion.

“The future begins”

every moment

#421069 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>We are commanded to bring the good news of Jesus to the lost, snatching them from
the fire.(Jude) You have observed correctly that countless born-again Christians are comfortable in their own place, big-screen tuned to the game, golf clubsat the ready in the trunk. Other born-agains are afraid to offend you, and still others are striving to live a good life in front of you, in the hope that you will see their "exemplary" lifestyle and fall on your knees before a holy God.
It is hard to believe that the only motive of PopQuiz or myself is to keep you from falling into the flames.
You have observed that no one else seems to care about your immortal soul. That is a horrible indictment of the average saved American.
It does prey heavily on my mind. That place which was originally prepared for the devil and his angels, is too horrible to contemplate that a fellow human might arrive there and be imprisoned there forever.
If you knew someone might literally end up in hell, and you had the power to share a word with them, would you do it? Or would you also stay inside and maintain decorum and not bug them with unpleasantness?
Jesus never gave you that commission. He was speaking directly to his apostles, not you. You, and others, just see it as license to impose yourself and your threats of eternal pain onto an innocent and undeserving public. Your methods are obnoxious and your motives are selfish. Tell you what - Jesus did say that we would know a believer by their ability to drink poison and live. Give that a whirl and get back to us. I pledge that if you do so, I will join you in evangelism. Please let us know first what newspaper serves your area so we can check the obits.

Speaking of "staying inside", what is amusing is that you flatter yourself to be doing your "duty" from the comfort of a nice chair in a warm room. You think that this gives you entrance into the realm of the "evangelist". I can't think of a lazier way to enter into a mission field. It is this very complacent laziness of the "internet evangelist" that serves as comfort to those of us who see the self-involved corruption of the believer for what it is, along with certain knowledge that the world will soon be free of your kind, through your own laziness. As one who did beat the streets in evangelism before my eyes were opened, I have little but contempt for the internet evangelist.

The Borderland of Sol

#421070 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a licensed psychiatrist, you would be brought before the board for malpractice.
Can Lucy come out and play now?

Location hidden

#421071 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I personally have the sure hope of eternal life, of resurrection to new life in heaven.
I don't "believe in" death, hell, everlasting burnings, as a wish for my fellow humans. I believe they are real and inevitable for the unbeliever, as Jesus taught.
I don't "believe upon" them as I once for all time believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ for my salvation.
I do believe what he said about hell, and perdition for humans who never trust him for salvation.
in order to form the lies that permit faith to appear as truth, the first victim of deception must be the believer himself.

those susceptible are statistically, the uneducated and the desperate

The Borderland of Sol

#421072 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
Hip, you said, "God convinced me it was a tribal fairy tale. God led me the entire way out of the dark, dank sanctuary and into the air and light. Thank you Lord."
Hip, God is not the author of confusion. He would not rescind his Word and now say that it is a tribal fairy tale.
No, that is your mind being receptive to the wiles of Satan. You are no match for Satan. He has you in his clutches and he is counting on having you in hell with him forever.
Why?

Location hidden

#421073 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Long ago, dead, dead, dead. Crucified on a cross, uunrecgnizable as a human being from the beating. Laid in a rich man's tomb. He descended into hell and gained the victory over death for me and for you. He arose and lives ever to make intercession for us.
I would think:

a "god" might have thought to leave some evidence.

The Borderland of Sol

#421074 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick and you are the hate-filled one. You hate me for being a Christian.
Dusty, if anyone on here hates you, it's not because you're a Christian.

It's because you're an asshøle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 64,196
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 654,205
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 6 min Catcher1 9,376
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min ImFree2Choose 2,590
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 22 min Tony 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Jake999 281,903
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 28 min Linda AUH 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min DebraE 106,559
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr God Damned Holy S... 973,863
More from around the web