Why I’m no longer a Christian
Huh

Dallas, TX

#421033 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You credit me with crafting the hell scenario. I only report what I've read in the Bible. You pretty well covered it, though. You did omit the fact that it can happen to someone in a split second, and that there is no escape, ever.
I think if there is one word which sums up my message, it is URGENT.
Zzzzzz. Ooooh, scawy monsters. Boring nonsense.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421034 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>This one sounds like a Motown hit.
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#421035 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Psalms: The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God.
Yet the wise man shouts it from the rooftops. Stupid ancients, didn't know the heart was merely a pump. Tsk, tsk.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#421036 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>That would be during Armageddon. The 300 lb. boulders of brimstone will happen. The mercy will be over, and the wrath of God will be unleashed on that terrible day of the Lord.
Each person condemned to hell will be tortured by their own torture worm which will never die. The Bible says so.
Ooooh, scawy sky monsters! Whoop! Dispensationalist only dates back to Darby. Fail.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#421037 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick and you are the hate-filled one. You hate me for being a Christian.
I love you for being a Christian. Comedy gold!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421038 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
Why do you continue to quote this to people who, 1. know the Bible better than you and 2. do not believe ANY of your interpretations of it?

You scoff at your religion every time you make up some new torture that God never mentioned. You scoff at God every time you are here preaching to men, which you say is against God's will. Yet here you are, virtually standing in front of men teaching. You scoff at God every time you take his place and judge his creations instead of allowing him to do it as the Bible says. So don't throw Bible verses at me, skippy. You should be worrying about your own soul and disobeying your interpretation of God at every turn.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#421039 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Of course they had preconditioned thinking. They wrote the OT! Of all the people who should know what it means, it should be them. But Christianity stole the religion, rewrote it and Voila!, a messiah.
That was awesome. The authors of the book had preconditioned thinking. Where do these Christians get this stuff? Bwahahahahahaha.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421040 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like translating Ruach Ha'Kodesh as a Holy Spirit instead of Breath of God ?
Or Ben'Adam as Christ instead of "good person" ?
or Nephesh as Soul instead of Living Creature ?
Yep, they make up definitions for the Hebrew words to fit their preconvieved opinions.
Another problem is they use the Greek OT instead of the Hebrew one. Why use a poor copy when the original Hebrew one from 200 BC still exists (DSS)
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Beats me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421041 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The answer, for me, is simple. The very argument he makes likewise works equally against a Christian interpretation. The answer to his question is to be found easily in the Jewish interpretation of their own scripture, which would seem to go without saying, were it not for the controversy. "Scholarship" merely muddies the water in the Christian's favor, and of course, this suits them just fine.
Ditto. Thanks, HipG.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421042 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>and you should. The avenues for rebuttal are multi-faceted, and the way Isaiah 52 is left hanging without support is another key response. This is why it is amazing that we even have to have these debates, were it not for entrenched and ossified "certainty".
Thanks, Hip. Of course, I already see where this conversation is going and that no amount of facts will ever make a difference.

There's a lot of ossification. More at times than I am able to handle.

You and X started out educating me. I took it from there and am still way, way behind you guys. I thought when X showed up that maybe he would give his viewpoint. I still hope he does. He gets into details that I am far from learning yet.

Now I have damned myself again. Shoot.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421043 Nov 18, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would non-Christians need a way to eternally punish you? IF...what you say is true...God determines one's punishment or reward. Why would you feel as if you have to do it for him? Is he not capable of making up his mind about each one of us...or does he rely on your help for eternal punishment?
As far as destroying Christianity...
There is no need for a non-believer to do that either. You guys do that fairly well all on your own.
Now...one more thing about eternal punishment. If I remember correctly (and if what you claim as truth is truth) God will judge all that claim to be believers first. What would be the need for that if you have an automatic ticket through those gates?
They conveniently either don't read that part that says they will be judge first, or they rewrite it like dusty has done.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421044 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick and you are the hate-filled one. You hate me for being a Christian.
I don't think anyone here hates you. I do think that many, like me, feel absolute pity for you at times. But that doesn't garner any persecution points, so you have to exaggerate and call it hate.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421045 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>That would be during Armageddon. The 300 lb. boulders of brimstone will happen. The mercy will be over, and the wrath of God will be unleashed on that terrible day of the Lord.
Each person condemned to hell will be tortured by their own torture worm which will never die. The Bible says so.
But..but... I was told I was going to get them now. Boy, have I been lied to.

The bible says no such thing. That is your warped, twisted, and very vile and evil interpretation. Go with that, if you wish. It's a hateful God who would do such a thing. But I guess hateful, vile people need that kind of God to justify their own shortcomings.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421046 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>The Mormons taught you that Baptist preachers are evil and liars. Your mind is poisoned against the gospel.
Not once did I ever hear a word against Baptists in all the years I was a Mormon. However, I did get a pamphlet from a Baptist that was so hateful about Mormons that I wondered what God they might be worshiping. It was full of lies and half lies. If you have to lie for your God, he must not be worth much.

I have a son who is Baptist. He is one of the most kind, compassionate and loving people on earth. We don't agree on many religious things, but we can talk about them with no animosity toward each other.

You keep bringing up the Mormon thing. Perhaps you forget I walked out that door quite some time ago. There is NO church that I consider to be correct on much of anything, much less everything. But fundamentalist Baptists on Topix seem to be the least educated on their bible, the history of it and the era in which it was written. Not only that, they are the most hate-filled people I have ever run across. If you are a typical representative of your particular sect of Baptists, I don't want to be anywhere near one of your churches. In fact, I'd be afraid to even live in the same neighborhood where you met.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#421047 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is inspired by God...
So was the Qu'ran, Magna Carta, LOTR and even Mein Kampf.

Do you have a point ?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#421048 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
Hip, you said, "God convinced me it was a tribal fairy tale. God led me the entire way out of the dark, dank sanctuary and into the air and light. Thank you Lord."
Hip, God is not the author of confusion. He would not rescind his Word and now say that it is a tribal fairy tale.
No, that is your mind being receptive to the wiles of Satan. You are no match for Satan. He has you in his clutches and he is counting on having you in hell with him forever.
"Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech..... Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth:"

BibleGod is not only the author of confusion, he is the Original Author of Confusion.

To make matters worse, BibleGod does in fact rescind his Word. If a Christian would ever actaully read their Bible from end to end (which is highly unlikely) one thing with which you will be confronted is the sheer number of times God affirms and re-affirms his Covenant with the Jews. Over and over, from Exodus clear thru to Malachi, and dozens of times in between, over the course of 1000 years, God confirms again and again that the Jews MUST adhere to God's commandments as relayed by Moses, and by doing so, they would be blessed. Think of it, if you're told the same thing over and over, without change, over the course of centuries, that you will receive blessings for obedience, and curses for turning away to false prophets.

Then, all of a sudden (according to Paul) God spins around 180 degrees and claims it was all a test. God never intended them to follow Torah forever IN SPITE of scripture to the contrary. Now God has a new plan, Paul says, that he kept purposely hidden. After all the Jews had gone through in adhering to Torah, now Paul, a shirt-tail Jew of the Diaspora, says that it was all a "mystery" only just now revealed to him, and through him to the world. Jesus does not even repudiate Torah (and neither does Paul). But Paul SAYS that Torah, and the Covenant, doesn't matter anymore. God has become a man and been killed, wiping out Torah. Paul & Co twist Hebrew scripture, using error-filled Greek transliterations to assist him in his scriptural larceny. With that history, do you really expect the Jews to meekly accede?

Considering how devoted you are now, just imagine if you were one of those Jews - would YOU believe this blasphemy? I am certain your devotion to your current beliefs preclude you from answering honestly, but it is enough that you have been exposed to the idea, anyway. It is sufficient.

And because it is preposterous to expect a Jew to believe it, it is doubly impossible for me. Besides the ludicrous and sloppy nature of the Christ tale itself, the Jews' rejection is final and sufficient for me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421049 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Psalms: The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God.
This has been quoted endlessly on this thread. You keep posting it as if it will make a difference.

For those who believe in God but not as you do, it makes no difference and it is not our place to judge. For those who don't believe in a God, it is foolishness to keep repeating it. But you throw it out there for your own ego's sake every time you get stuck.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421050 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha! So you do believe there was a Noah who built an ark under God's direction, and he survived a massive worldwide deluge?
His name was Utnapishtim in the original story.

<watches as that flies over the religitard's head>

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#421051 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>We are commanded to bring the good news of Jesus to the lost, snatching them from
the fire.(Jude) You have observed correctly that countless born-again Christians are comfortable in their own place, big-screen tuned to the game, golf clubsat the ready in the trunk. Other born-agains are afraid to offend you, and still others are striving to live a good life in front of you, in the hope that you will see their "exemplary" lifestyle and fall on your knees before a holy God.
It is hard to believe that the only motive of PopQuiz or myself is to keep you from falling into the flames.
You have observed that no one else seems to care about your immortal soul. That is a horrible indictment of the average saved American.
It does prey heavily on my mind. That place which was originally prepared for the devil and his angels, is too horrible to contemplate that a fellow human might arrive there and be imprisoned there forever.
If you knew someone might literally end up in hell, and you had the power to share a word with them, would you do it? Or would you also stay inside and maintain decorum and not bug them with unpleasantness?
You give yourself a lot of credit. You do not have the ability to snatch anyone from the fire, even if there were one. You don't have a rope, a ladder or a fireman's equipment.

You don't care about anyone's immortal soul. You care about promoting your hate. That we won't bite pisses you off to the nth degree and therefore you go into your God mode.

You aren't fooling anyone but yourself, and you've done a bang-up job of that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#421052 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And then pass it on to some child or child minded adult as absolute.
Yup. Some might call it child abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Bonk 71,320
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 min Dang Jersey Piney 66
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Dang Jersey Piney 994,989
Are black people descendents of Cain from the l... (Feb '11) 3 hr Johnny 90
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 7 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 7 hr lac 16
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 9 hr Gene Ricker 483
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 hr FathrFlanagan Bug... 699,333