youtube.com/watch... because I won the lottery,,ok

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#420909 Nov 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you wrote:
"Just wait till Christ comes back and crushes you. I'll be sitting back and watching."
You are POS liar.
Why would anyone want anything to do with your god of lies and hatred ?
My take on that is he actually wishes pain and death on those who disagree with him and he actually would enjoy watching it happen.
Sick, nasty christian values.

That being said, I wish no such harm or malice towads him but he does toward me...odd but true.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420910 Nov 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent Hovind was one of the perpetrators.
http://www.bing.com/videos/sea rch?q=fraud+of+giant+bones+ken t+hovind&mid=B7B711DE17B67 CE14908B7B711DE17B67CE14908 &view=detail&FORM=VIRE 4

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#420911 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
People must understand that the Bible is full of metaphors, Hebraisms,idioms, symbolism, figures of speech etc,etc. So when one reads the Bible one needs to be aware of this most important fact. Doing so will help to open the scriptures up a bit more to them.
In Genesis in the flood of Noah when it states that the whole world was covered with water it is a figure of speech. It is no more literal than when it states in the New Testament that Caesar caused "all the world" to be taxed. Caesar didn't rule all the world so it was merely a figure of speech.
That's a whole other lesson within itself.
Some people, like myself, already understand what you say and realize that each metaphor, idiom, symbolism, or figure of speech can be interpreted by anyone differently. Hence, the multitude of religions and the 38,000+ cults of christianity alone.

Those many divisions represent weakness not strength. Those divisions reek of falseness and misrepresentation.

It leaves one to only seek Logic which qualifies all bible stories as only stories...nothing more.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#420912 Nov 18, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
I always love listening to Bible stories that aren't actually in the Bible.
Folks is funny.
Greetings all.
Hey X!!! Hope all is well.
Welcome back.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#420913 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ys. Scripture tells us that there was a second irruption of fallen angels. It occured after the flood so they continued to sexually intermix with humans and produced mongrel children which as I stated earlier Goliath and his brother were examples of those mongrel offspring. The fallen angels could also produce normal,human looking offspring as well because those people that God would tell the nation of Israel to wipe from the earth were offspring of some of those fallen angels.
Many people would accuse God of genocide but the people that God told Israel to destroy, if you research their geneology you will surprisingly find that those people were the children of some of those fallen angels therefore exceptionally evil and a threat to the nation of Israel.
Cool, this is getting deep. An ancient conspiracy theory...
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420914 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say that I was frustrated that it was done without my permission. Something that didn't happen can't frustrate someone.
No, I don't believe that at all. You just have to make up stuff as you go along in order to build up that temple of yourself which is on shifting sand.
I have no sinful condition. That's holy roller bs.
I have no guilt. I know you wish I did. I know you're thinking you can give me a torture worm over it, but alas, that's a no go.
You have a good night. I imagine you'll dream of your God with steel fangs consuming me as dessert or something to get your daily religigasm. It's okay as long as you're not masturbating while thinking of me.
You have revealed why you can never be saved. You as a good Mormon girl believe that you have no sinful condition.
And you most certainly did say that you were displeased that Jesus had come to die for you already on the cross, and that if it were in your power, you would undo and rescind that act as having been done without your permission.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420915 Nov 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are discussing a hoax that was exposed a long time ago.
Obviously, that last link didn't work. So here it is again.

http://tinyurl.com/amepgmw
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420916 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people, like myself, already understand what you say and realize that each metaphor, idiom, symbolism, or figure of speech can be interpreted by anyone differently. Hence, the multitude of religions and the 38,000+ cults of christianity alone.
Those many divisions represent weakness not strength. Those divisions reek of falseness and misrepresentation.
It leaves one to only seek Logic which qualifies all bible stories as only stories...nothing more.
Seek Logic. Above all seek Logic with all your heart. For there you shall find the way, the truth, and the light. Jesus is the logos, logic of which you speak. Gospel of John, Chapter 1
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420917 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no interpretation. I'm merely digging deeper to see what Gods word is actually teaching us and Some of us can see more than He allows others to see.
And God is not a racist, He's a perfectionist.
God is not existing at all! Religions forget about!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420918 Nov 18, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Servant can refer to both a nation or an individual. Akin to debt slaves which usually involved trust positions. In Christian Theology. Isaiah 48:20...''The Lord has redeemed His servent Jacob.'' Can either mean Jacob as an individual or the nation of Israel. If you are saying Isaiah 53 involves the nation of Israel and not an individual then how does Israel willingly offer itself as a guilt offering?[Isaiah 53:10.] How does Israel ''Justisfy the many?" How does Israel ''bear their iniquities?" [Isaiah 53:11.] How does Israel ''pour out himself to death?" How is Israel,''numbered with transgressors'' How does Israel ''bear the sins of many and intercede for transgressors?" [Isaiah 53:12] Sounds like Jesus to me.
Actually, it's referring to Israel. So if you misinterpret the first verse of Isaiah 53, then you are off for the rest of it.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420919 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It only brings to mind how the entire human race and most animals survived the inbreeding that followed. This being the second such event in the bible, creation being the first.
Forget the phony bible. It is full of lies and so on!
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420920 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever keeps you from being alone and works for you, do it.
If you were a licensed psychiatrist, you would be brought before the board for malpractice.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#420921 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
My take on that is he actually wishes pain and death on those who disagree with him and he actually would enjoy watching it happen.
Sick, nasty christian values.
That being said, I wish no such harm or malice towads him but he does toward me...odd but true.
That being said, you could never spend a day without bashing a Christian,,,,,,mean and nasty athetard. You're also jealous you have no eternal punishment for me for showing how ugly your filthy mind is.

You wish harm upon the wholesome values of Christianity which for years protected our nation, our children, our economy.......odd , but true, you've yearned to see it all destroyed with the use of your do-nothing empty cult of atheism.

You teach society it is OK to kill in malls, public theaters, in SCHOOLS, and other areas of common use modes of enjoyment.

You are a why we will be in civil war again, you weak willed athetard.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420922 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how I see it too lightbeam. When Isaiah wrote down what he saw in his visions, it was a warning to the entire Hebrew nation. It didn't mean that there was some collective atonement, but that the Israeli nation always rejected the warnings of previous prophets.
A lot of people think that the entire purpose of Jesus was to be born, die, and be resurrected as in some sort of cosmic parlor trick. That wasn't the purpose of Jesus at all. The resurrection was a sign of the authority under which Jesus came into the world. The true purpose Jesus came into the world was to usher in the Kingdom of God through all humankind. Isaiah 53 described how and why Jesus would do this.
Yet obviously this kingdom was not ushered in, and God still has to kill everybody off again. A failure if there ever was one.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#420923 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have revealed why you can never be saved. You as a good Mormon girl believe that you have no sinful condition.
And you most certainly did say that you were displeased that Jesus had come to die for you already on the cross, and that if it were in your power, you would undo and rescind that act as having been done without your permission.
Water Nymph has been written off as spiritual filth. I'm afraid she hates herself too much to be a Christian.
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420924 Nov 18, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not existing at all! Religions forget about!
And Dietrich Bonhoeffer??
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420925 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It only brings to mind how the entire human race and most animals survived the inbreeding that followed. This being the second such event in the bible, creation being the first.
God never existed and the bible is manmade and a propaganda instrument for the rich one.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420926 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Words aren't used the same now that they were in antiquity. There really is a translation process. If you're going to try to understand the words written 2000+ years ago, you have to go beyond just the words that appear on the page. If you read the words in just a "black/white" format, that is "textual criticism" which is based upon what we see on the page. There are many points to consider.
1- What were the customs of that culture at that particular time in history?
2- What were the expectations of that culture?
3- Was information transmitted via oral register or literary register?
4- How can we understand information presented in a different manner with a different mindset in a different culture?
If you don't consider these points, then none of it will make any sense. This is what we mean by reading it "in context." If you attempt to literally interpret ancient scripture written in an oral tradition register, by comparing it to our own modern literary register, you're not going to understand it.
This is a post for X or HipG to answer. I know I can't do it as well as either of them would.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#420927 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Words aren't used the same now that they were in antiquity. There really is a translation process. If you're going to try to understand the words written 2000+ years ago, you have to go beyond just the words that appear on the page. If you read the words in just a "black/white" format, that is "textual criticism" which is based upon what we see on the page. There are many points to consider.
1- What were the customs of that culture at that particular time in history?
2- What were the expectations of that culture?
3- Was information transmitted via oral register or literary register?
4- How can we understand information presented in a different manner with a different mindset in a different culture?
If you don't consider these points, then none of it will make any sense. This is what we mean by reading it "in context." If you attempt to literally interpret ancient scripture written in an oral tradition register, by comparing it to our own modern literary register, you're not going to understand it.
Now you're making excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 796,216
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 6 min Rick in Kansas 27
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 267,539
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 30 min Ricky F 37,645
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Martix 508
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 568,411
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 2 hr TrueSoldier70 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr Make World peace ... 617
More from around the web