Why I知 no longer a Christian
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420916 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people, like myself, already understand what you say and realize that each metaphor, idiom, symbolism, or figure of speech can be interpreted by anyone differently. Hence, the multitude of religions and the 38,000+ cults of christianity alone.
Those many divisions represent weakness not strength. Those divisions reek of falseness and misrepresentation.
It leaves one to only seek Logic which qualifies all bible stories as only stories...nothing more.
Seek Logic. Above all seek Logic with all your heart. For there you shall find the way, the truth, and the light. Jesus is the logos, logic of which you speak. Gospel of John, Chapter 1
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420917 Nov 18, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no interpretation. I'm merely digging deeper to see what Gods word is actually teaching us and Some of us can see more than He allows others to see.
And God is not a racist, He's a perfectionist.
God is not existing at all! Religions forget about!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420918 Nov 18, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Servant can refer to both a nation or an individual. Akin to debt slaves which usually involved trust positions. In Christian Theology. Isaiah 48:20...''The Lord has redeemed His servent Jacob.'' Can either mean Jacob as an individual or the nation of Israel. If you are saying Isaiah 53 involves the nation of Israel and not an individual then how does Israel willingly offer itself as a guilt offering?[Isaiah 53:10.] How does Israel ''Justisfy the many?" How does Israel ''bear their iniquities?" [Isaiah 53:11.] How does Israel ''pour out himself to death?" How is Israel,''numbered with transgressors'' How does Israel ''bear the sins of many and intercede for transgressors?" [Isaiah 53:12] Sounds like Jesus to me.
Actually, it's referring to Israel. So if you misinterpret the first verse of Isaiah 53, then you are off for the rest of it.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420919 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It only brings to mind how the entire human race and most animals survived the inbreeding that followed. This being the second such event in the bible, creation being the first.
Forget the phony bible. It is full of lies and so on!
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420920 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever keeps you from being alone and works for you, do it.
If you were a licensed psychiatrist, you would be brought before the board for malpractice.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#420921 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
My take on that is he actually wishes pain and death on those who disagree with him and he actually would enjoy watching it happen.
Sick, nasty christian values.
That being said, I wish no such harm or malice towads him but he does toward me...odd but true.
That being said, you could never spend a day without bashing a Christian,,,,,,mean and nasty athetard. You're also jealous you have no eternal punishment for me for showing how ugly your filthy mind is.

You wish harm upon the wholesome values of Christianity which for years protected our nation, our children, our economy.......odd , but true, you've yearned to see it all destroyed with the use of your do-nothing empty cult of atheism.

You teach society it is OK to kill in malls, public theaters, in SCHOOLS, and other areas of common use modes of enjoyment.

You are a why we will be in civil war again, you weak willed athetard.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420922 Nov 18, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how I see it too lightbeam. When Isaiah wrote down what he saw in his visions, it was a warning to the entire Hebrew nation. It didn't mean that there was some collective atonement, but that the Israeli nation always rejected the warnings of previous prophets.
A lot of people think that the entire purpose of Jesus was to be born, die, and be resurrected as in some sort of cosmic parlor trick. That wasn't the purpose of Jesus at all. The resurrection was a sign of the authority under which Jesus came into the world. The true purpose Jesus came into the world was to usher in the Kingdom of God through all humankind. Isaiah 53 described how and why Jesus would do this.
Yet obviously this kingdom was not ushered in, and God still has to kill everybody off again. A failure if there ever was one.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#420923 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have revealed why you can never be saved. You as a good Mormon girl believe that you have no sinful condition.
And you most certainly did say that you were displeased that Jesus had come to die for you already on the cross, and that if it were in your power, you would undo and rescind that act as having been done without your permission.
Water Nymph has been written off as spiritual filth. I'm afraid she hates herself too much to be a Christian.
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420924 Nov 18, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not existing at all! Religions forget about!
And Dietrich Bonhoeffer??
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420925 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It only brings to mind how the entire human race and most animals survived the inbreeding that followed. This being the second such event in the bible, creation being the first.
God never existed and the bible is manmade and a propaganda instrument for the rich one.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420926 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Words aren't used the same now that they were in antiquity. There really is a translation process. If you're going to try to understand the words written 2000+ years ago, you have to go beyond just the words that appear on the page. If you read the words in just a "black/white" format, that is "textual criticism" which is based upon what we see on the page. There are many points to consider.
1- What were the customs of that culture at that particular time in history?
2- What were the expectations of that culture?
3- Was information transmitted via oral register or literary register?
4- How can we understand information presented in a different manner with a different mindset in a different culture?
If you don't consider these points, then none of it will make any sense. This is what we mean by reading it "in context." If you attempt to literally interpret ancient scripture written in an oral tradition register, by comparing it to our own modern literary register, you're not going to understand it.
This is a post for X or HipG to answer. I know I can't do it as well as either of them would.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#420927 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Words aren't used the same now that they were in antiquity. There really is a translation process. If you're going to try to understand the words written 2000+ years ago, you have to go beyond just the words that appear on the page. If you read the words in just a "black/white" format, that is "textual criticism" which is based upon what we see on the page. There are many points to consider.
1- What were the customs of that culture at that particular time in history?
2- What were the expectations of that culture?
3- Was information transmitted via oral register or literary register?
4- How can we understand information presented in a different manner with a different mindset in a different culture?
If you don't consider these points, then none of it will make any sense. This is what we mean by reading it "in context." If you attempt to literally interpret ancient scripture written in an oral tradition register, by comparing it to our own modern literary register, you're not going to understand it.
Now you're making excuses.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420928 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>How? By the very transference Christians ascribe to their Christ character. Difference being, for Isaiah these were poetic metaphors, most often describing an idealized nation of Israel, but also describing various individuals, from Jehoiachin to Cyrus the Great to Isaiah himself. Conversely, Christianity folded them into their legend and fashioned the details to make it a literal representation of their character's suffering.
The Servant Songs span the Chapters 42 thru 53. Christians focus primarily on 53, with selected bits from the rest. Virtually no Christian is apprised of the fact that they go together. As far as a Christian is concerned they are quotable snippets, the rest of the material is for all practical purposes, merely filler. Where, for instance, does Jesus "lay waste the mountains and hills
and dry up all their vegetation;
I will turn rivers into islands
and dry up the pools?"
We don't see this anywhere in Messianic descriptions of the Christ, yet there it is in the first Song, right next to the "bruised reed" passage that Christians do claim. Christianity hyper-selected dramatic bits from Isaiah, and totally disregard the rest. This is strong proof that the Christ legend is a construct, a fabrication, sifting thru Hebrew scripture to find details that might be melded into the legend.
I feel so incompetent in your presence! I was just going to take him only as far back as 52.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420929 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahteists are remnants and descendents of that filth. God has given them a chance though this time to correct their errors but they still resist. That is why they will be tortured and burned in Hell.
It's amazing how a person with a strong will to sin and be defiant just can't break that tendency.
'remnants of the filth'. Wow. No words to even communicate how I feel about that statement.

Is this what you have to do to make yourself feel that you are not a remnant of the filth?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420930 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have revealed why you can never be saved. You as a good Mormon girl believe that you have no sinful condition.
And you most certainly did say that you were displeased that Jesus had come to die for you already on the cross, and that if it were in your power, you would undo and rescind that act as having been done without your permission.
I said no such thing. I said I found it unacceptable that anyone would think that substitutional atonement would be acceptable. I have never done anything in my life that deserves a death sentence, much less someone else dying for what I've done.

You evidently are good with someone dying for whatever you've done in life. That makes you irresponsible, not me.

Had it actually happened, and if I had any way to do so, then I would rescind it. However, it didn't happen so I don't have to worry about it.

Isn't it about time for you to go to church and torture some poor human being that you think has a demon in them?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#420931 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahteists are remnants and descendents of that filth. God has given them a chance though this time to correct their errors but they still resist. That is why they will be tortured and burned in Hell.
It's amazing how a person with a strong will to sin and be defiant just can't break that tendency.
Atheist are no remnants the opposite is true they are being ever more intellegent people.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420932 Nov 18, 2012
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a licensed psychiatrist, you would be brought before the board for malpractice.
But I'm not a licensed psychiatrist. Now what?

You're just looking for something to go all holy roller on, aren't you?
duststorm

Webster, TX

#420933 Nov 18, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The rationalization continues. Make up whatever you need to explain to yourself why we don't believe in your delusions. It's ok, I don't mind. It's a necessary mental health technique for those who live in unreality and are rattled when others cast doubts. Do what you must.
I'm not rattled. Why should I be rattled, when he set my feet on the solid rock? The doubts of others have no bearing on my standing with God, which is that I am one of his, a member of the family of God, one of the redeemed. That is an irrefutable fact. I'm a child of the king, looking out of the castle at the poor paupers, bereft of God, naked and dying in their unbelief.
You are correct when you say that I can't understand why you don't believe my "delusions". I guess it is because you have named the gospel, God' word, as a set of "delusions", and that is why you do not believe. You would be mentally unbalanced to believe in delusion or delusions, that much is true. I do not consider you mentally unbalanced or prone to believing in delusions. I certainly wouldn't expect you to suddenly begin to believe in delusions.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#420934 Nov 18, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's referring to Israel. So if you misinterpret the first verse of Isaiah 53, then you are off for the rest of it.
Yes. i understand the argument and i asked several specific questions with verses attached as it relates to Isaiah 53. If Isaiah 53 refers to the nation of Israel then how does Israel
1) Willingly offer itself as a guilt offering?(animal sacrifice involves death of the animal) Isaiah 53:10.

2) Isaiah 53:8 "...He [Israel] was cut off from the land of the living for the transgression of My people, to whom the stroke was due."
If Israel was cut off then who is 'My people'?

3) How does Israel 'justisfy the many' and 'bear their iniquities'? Isaiah 53:11.

4) How does Israel,'pour Himself to death'?'Numbered with transgressors, bear the sins of many, intercede for transgressors'? Isaiah 53:12.

5) How is Israel,'Like a lamb that is lead to slaughter? Like a sheep that is silent before it's shearers? Isaiah 53:7

These are specific questions that relate to specific verses. The parallels to Jesus are obvious. It can only refer to Israel through Jesus who is descendent of David who was also a servant of God.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420935 Nov 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Water Nymph has been written off as spiritual filth. I'm afraid she hates herself too much to be a Christian.
Another religigasm. And on your holy day at that.

You are free to fantasize anything you like about me. I only ask that you do not masturbate while doing so. That would just be icky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Lumatrix 839,978
The Art of Choosing the Right Driving School 25 min gpsdrivingschool 1
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 44 min Paul is dead 1966 3,084
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 2 hr siemenswr 1
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 2 hr siemenswr 1
Want Voip Billing Reseller Service? 2 hr cloudastrix 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liam 590,800
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jarring 100,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web