“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420825 Nov 17, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks. In Genesis 6:8-9
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/genesis/p...
it states that Noah found grace in Gods eyes and he was "PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS". Does any of you comprehend what this means? This will give you a clue as to """"" WHY"""" " Noah was chosen to build the ark.
Yet you don't give your point of view on the subject in your own words. You ask questions, but you answer none.

“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

No,This*Isnt*ThePsychicHotline

#420826 Nov 17, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Facts! Why, man, why? Here is another fact. The longest one syllable word in English is, "screeched". Topix Christians are such prolific screechers.
I won forty bucks on the following:

The Bet: There are only two words in the *entire English language!* that are spelled with a "w."

Vacuum, and continuum.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420827 Nov 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Friends and family is fine. As long as they do not move in.
<quoted text> Even if there is meaningful relationships life is still cruel. The difference being when life was cruel in my case Christians were there to visit when no one else was. They were not family and they had nothing to gain by coming to the jail to see me. There was a PH.D. in English and his wife who searched me out when i was in a hotel room attempting to drink myself into oblivion, again and again. She ''sensed'' something was wrong and went to every hotel in that city to find me. Took me out by herself and put me in her house until i was well enough to leave. <quoted text> Any event can ruin your life in which you have no control. <quoted text> There is evidence. One does not have to commit intellectual suicide to be Christian. I just watched ''Expelled'' the DVD by Ben Stein. Academics who mentioned Intelligent Design in classrooms denied tenure in major universities. Fired. Denied grants. Some with 30 years experience.
<quoted text> No i am afraid of going to hell. Dying a total failure. A bad example for my daughter. Things like that. It is cut and dry for folks like me. There is no middle ground. You see unbelief effects people differently. Just like war time trauma has different effects on people. Some come out of it all damaged. Others it does not effect to that degree. If unbelief then there is a natural tendancy towards despair.
<quoted text> Good for you. <quoted text> Yet you also believe there is justice. <quoted text> Right. You are your own savior because you are your own savior and God will ''understand'' if you reject His provision. You don't need it. You are good enough.
<quoted text> Hell is what Jesus taught.
Okay, so you were alone and the church was there for you.

I am not alone, and never have been. There is usually a reason people are alone, and it's not other people.

Evidently you were in great despair because you were alone. Now you're not because you've got the people in your church. I'm happy that there are now people in your life. It doesn't make your beliefs true just because they are there for you, however. It just means you're no longer alone and are so afraid of being alone that you will close your eyes to anything that would separate you from the only people who are willing to be in your life.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420828 Nov 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is what Jesus taught.
And there it is..the last bastion of hope to scare people into belief.

Doesn't work, but I understand it's all you've got.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#420829 Nov 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And there it is..the last bastion of hope to scare people into belief.
Doesn't work, but I understand it's all you've got.
http://www.jesuspictures.co/jesusonthecross-1...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#420830 Nov 17, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks. In Genesis 6:8-9
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/genesis/p...
it states that Noah found grace in Gods eyes and he was "PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS". Does any of you comprehend what this means? This will give you a clue as to """"" WHY"""" " Noah was chosen to build the ark.
So did Enoch, yet the book of this "perfect" being was rejected in the NT. Why do you think that was?

#420831 Nov 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not expressing , nor teaching hatred.
This isn't hate?
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, I see you're mad He killed people just like YOU in the past....who deserved it..... It was your own type that caused their own demise and you know it, you desperate liar.j
Just wait till Christ comes back and crushes you. I'll be sitting back and watching.
If this isn't hate, then what is it?

#420832 Nov 17, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
No church controls me, I am a free will man.
You are a slave to your opinion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#420833 Nov 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the buybull is that it is impossible to separate the history (if indeed there is any) from the stolen myths and outright lies. I therefore reject the entire thing, and any historicized accounts that attempt to legitimize it.
Not impossible, but very time consuming. It all begins in India.

#420834 Nov 17, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the stuff that people like you use to justify the hate that spawns violence and ultimately wars where innocent people are murdered in the name of some god-being.
You are disgusting.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to know you will be crushed, humiliated, stammered, and thrown into Hell by my God. You clearly deserve it.
There's another example of "non-hate."
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>The heinous actions of atheists is always what starts wars.....
Your definition of "atheist" is anyone who doesn't believe as you do. I'll bet you call the Pope an atheist, don't you?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420835 Nov 17, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>So did Enoch, yet the book of this "perfect" being was rejected in the NT. Why do you think that was?
Don't think perfect as being a perfect, sinless person. When alluding to Noah being "PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS", it simply means that his "PEDIGREE" was pure in that his family had not intermixed their bloodline by mixing outside their race.

#420836 Nov 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
If you really feel comfortable with "viking" and "knowledge" and "lord ha ha" as representatives of your christ, there isn't much anyone can do about it. Do you approve of their hate and their vile behavior in the name of your savior because you are afraid to call them out on it? Are you afraid of having them turn on you?
Don't you fucking *DARE* call people like Annie, Hip, Grace and myself "sinners" while you ignore the hate spewn by your brothers and sisters in christ.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You're kidding, right. Well, at least you lumped Annie, Hip and Grace with your, the biggest sinner and evil tard on Topix, so they fit with you. Do you really not see the evil that comes from you in all your posts? I mean really???? Wow.
I see the hatred that comes from posts such as yours and lord ho ho's and viking's (yours?) and "just results" and the rest of you born-again hate mongers.

That's all you have going for you; your hate and your hypocrisy.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#420838 Nov 17, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>THERE are the fruits of Christianity fr a disturbing number of societal misfits. This is what matters most to them, to imagine retribution, pain, and suffering for their fellow man. One can't help but wonder who kicked their ass, and why, and more importantly, why they stopped.
What matters most to athetards is to bash Christians. I find your punishment fitting.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420839 Nov 17, 2012
Originally God did not intend for the races to mix, especially the sons and daughters of Adam. That bloodline was to be kept pure because it was through that lineage that Christ was to come.

Noahs family was the only one that had not mixed their bloodline which is why he found grace in Gods eyes and was chosen to build the ark to preserve the pure the lineage through which Christ was to come.

The fallen angels had taken wives and had offspring with the human race and their progeny of this mixed and forbidden mixing were mongrels aka giants. These offspring were exceptionally evil so God had to destroy those mongrels. Spiritual beings mixing with humans produced a hybrid race of people ( Goliath and his brother being examples ) that were more evil and a threat to normal humans.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#420840 Nov 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, so you were alone and the church was there for you.
Christians were. Catholic and Protestant. They sat next to me when everybody else treated me with suspicion, or revulsion. That has always stayed with me. That means there was something different about them. Do you remember the movie Causalities of War? The rape of the girl? How nobody would listen until the main character told his story to a minister in a bar? That has always stuck with me. Christians always seem to be there? That is the way it has been in my life.
I am not alone, and never have been. There is usually a reason people are alone, and it's not other people.
Am an introvert.
Evidently you were in great despair because you were alone.
Not really. The point being, they were there when i needed it.
Now you're not because you've got the people in your church.
I don't attend church all that much and i don't particually like all the Christians i meet here. When i was in Minnesota i did form relationships with Christians and i miss that. This is changing now. There are Christians where i work.
I'm happy that there are now people in your life. It doesn't make your beliefs true just because they are there for you, however.
Does not make it false either.
It just means you're no longer alone and are so afraid of being alone that you will close your eyes to anything that would separate you from the only people who are willing to be in your life.
It has more to do with just having people in my life. Like i said before. I believe Christ resurrected based on evidence. I am not my own savior nor am i necessarly a good person. I think we are conditioned for life by circumstances that are beyond our control. Mine has not been normal. You see death destruction war poverty fighting and dream about these things almost 40 years after the fact. There is abusive drinking, drug abuse, things like that then they provide a blueprint for how one views life in a general sense. There is Neitzsche, Sylvia Plath, the poet who at 32 stuck her head in the oven and killed herself. You can google her poem, "Daddy". One of my favorites. Her suicide note, if you will. If Christianity is nothing more than a choke chain i have to wear to keep me from exploding then that is good enough. But it is not all about me anymore. The problem being Christianity makes objective truth claims which are either true or they are not.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420841 Nov 17, 2012
The flood of Noah was NOT worldwide. It only involved that region in which those hybrids, the giants resided. They were the result of a spiritual being, aka, a fallen angel mixing with a human female. Goliath and his brother was one such example.

Due to how exceptionally evil that race of mongrels, the giants were and how they caused other normal humans to become more evil, God had to destroy them.

There is NO WAY that Noah could fit the all the animals,birds and insects etc, that existed in the world on that ark. It wasn't big enough to hold animals by twos and by sevens as scripture says that he did. He only had to take aboard that ark the animal species that lived in that region.

THINK PEOPLE.

Can you imagine the logistics that would have been required to care for that number of animals while they were on the ark and by only eight people?

IMPOSSIBLE.

And how would he have been able to cross the great oceans to get to areas like America and gather the species of animals that lived here and in South America to place aboard the ark? Answer. HE DIDN'T because there was no need to as the flood was not world wide but only regional.

I SAY AGAIN, THINK PEOPLE.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420842 Nov 17, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you should know that ICR ain't gonna fly up in here, silly.
What I find interesting is that apologists claim the differences in detail between Gilgamesh and Noah "prove" no connection....
but maintain that the differences in detail between the gospels "prove" their connection.
Blissfully ignorant, much?
THAT is why Creationism isn't science.

You can't change criteria just to make things seem to fit your preconceived notions.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420843 Nov 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not expressing , nor teaching hatred.
Yet you wrote:
"Just wait till Christ comes back and crushes you. I'll be sitting back and watching."

You are POS liar.

Why would anyone want anything to do with your god of lies and hatred ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420844 Nov 17, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never made any such claim. I have critically evaluated the evidence against it's competing arguments, and I can safely conclude that the evidence does point in favor of the core Christian beliefs.....
Nope. You were brainwashed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420845 Nov 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Prove it....
We did. The earliest copies of Mark don't have it.

Enjoy your rejection of reality and truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min KayMarie 567,870
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 7 min An NFL Fan 483
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 7 min mamma-san 221,534
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 607,145
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Stilgar Fifrawi 794,768
Sexy chat 15 min Cox 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min An NFL Fan 120,690
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 267,394
More from around the web