Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420797 Nov 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Prove it.
<quoted text> Well if you are atheist and choose to stay at home and not enjoy raising hell whenever you can then you don't sound like much fun.
<quoted text> No. <quoted text> As an unbeliever i would not need to assume anything about you even if i took the time to think about it and i can make myself feel better by buying a cheap bottle of whiskey and finding a willing female which was never all that hard. <quoted text> Did not have much in the way of imagination nor did i care all that much.
<quoted text> Works? What do i care if it works or not? Atheism leads to despair. If you do not want nasty remarks then don't make them. I'M up there too in age and,''things fall apart, the centre cannot hold, mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.'' You know as well as i do that life goes on and the older one gets the more they disappear in a sense. The less people notice because they demonstrate less interest. Much of my belief has to do with intuition. There has to be justice, there has to be more than just growing old and dying. Otherwise life is ultimately cruel.''A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.''
By the way, I have never met an atheist who had turned to despair. That's part of your indoctrination speaking.

And the second thing is, I'm not an atheist. No matter how much you need to believe I am, it won't change the facts. Live with it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420798 Nov 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to know you will be crushed, humiliated, stammered, and thrown into Hell by my God. You clearly deserve it.
The heinous actions of atheists is always what starts wars.
You are putrid and mentally deranged.
This is the last resort of fundies who can't convince others that they are to be followed.

It's always entertaining.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420799 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>So, as soon as knowledge stops posting, you start up and Grace Walker and her doctrine of hate as satanist see it goes too. Sad.
This has nothing to do with the post you answered. But you just had to get in a shot.

That's fine. It keeps adding to the number of fundie posts that can be seen by those who may be questioning, like I was, when they come to Topix.

People like you were the last straw. You weren't the cause of me leaving the church, I did that on my own after studying and praying and studying some more. But the actions of people like you made me know that I wanted to no longer be a part of a religion that could produce people who claimed Jesus as their savior out of one side of their mouth and talked like this out of the other side.

I'm not the only one that made that decision after coming to Topix. At least two other people who have posted here and on WSJLM finally took that step away from the organized religion of Christianity.

Congratulations. People like you do more damage to your religion than all the people who have ever left it could possibly do.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#420800 Nov 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong to the denomination that your church represents.
<quoted text>
Do you really expect me to believe you don't go to a church?
Does this "body of christ at large" have vaulted ceilings? How are the acoustics for the band?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i do attend a 'church' on occasion, but don't 'belong' to it.
i mostly go so my family can hear some preaching/teaching other than mine. i'm a chaplain to the local jails so i'm often teaching/preaching on sunday's in them.
this all okay w/you?;)
So, the jails are your church, while the church your family goes to is...what, contradictory to what you "preach," so that church is a false one? The one you whipped up in your head is the only "true" church?

What a surprise that you want to populate your "church" with the dreggs of society, who will happily tell you whatever the hell you *want* to hear, if they think it will shorten their stays in jail.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420801 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Then why won't you address what she posted?
Here it is again:
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is against biblical teaching...unless you don't see their behavior as sin. You are instructed to go to your brothers and sisters in Christ when they have sinned. You are to encourage each other...care for them...help them when needed. So you are in a sense responsible for them...according to scripture.
That is one of your problems Wasup...it is always just about you.

If you are not concerned about your brothers and sisters...then why concern yourself with me and what I believe.
Once again...you are trying to turn this into a conversation about me...deflection against you having to answer any questions concerning you.
Before you worry about me...maybe you should take a look at what we see when we look at you.
Same old deflection routine Wasup...check back with me when you are ready to discuss both sides of this issue. <end Annie's quote>
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what am i supposed to address by a hypocrite who's trying to tell me my responsibilites to God but shurking there own, by saying "i'm not a believer"?
If you really feel comfortable with "viking" and "knowledge" and "lord ha ha" as representatives of your christ, there isn't much anyone can do about it. Do you approve of their hate and their vile behavior in the name of your savior because you are afraid to call them out on it? Are you afraid of having them turn on you?

Don't you fucking *DARE* call people like Annie, Hip, Grace and myself "sinners" while you ignore the hate spewn by your brothers and sisters in christ.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420802 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
You belong to the denomination that your church represents.
<quoted text>
Do you really expect me to believe you don't go to a church?
Does this "body of christ at large" have vaulted ceilings? How are the acoustics for the band?
<quoted text>
So, the jails are your church, while the church your family goes to is...what, contradictory to what you "preach," so that church is a false one? The one you whipped up in your head is the only "true" church?
What a surprise that you want to populate your "church" with the dreggs of society, who will happily tell you whatever the hell you *want* to hear, if they think it will shorten their stays in jail.
That's just it. He has a captive audience that can't leave and will do whatever they have to do to get out of jail by saying they've found Jesus. And because waasssuuuppp's ego is so large, he thinks he alone is their savior. He compares himself to Jesus at every chance. Another David Koresh in the making.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to live in the same house as a person like him. His wife, if he truly has one, would probably do anything to shut him up. She's probably glad that he spends his time between bars that have beer in them and bars that have criminals in them. He admits to being a bisexual person but I'll bet he preaches fire and brimstone about homosexuals as he does here.

He, like lightbeamrider, does more damage to his religion just on Topix than any of us could do in a lifetime.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#420803 Nov 17, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> At least you are now on the same page with majority scholarship. Do you admit Jesus was crucified via Pilate?
Do I "admit" it? I accept it as possible, even probable, but I admit nothing. I didn't crucify anybody.

You people are big on assumptions, so let me say a-g-a-i-n, I have no problem with the idea that Jesus was a real person. The Christ, however, is a fraud, a hoax, a tale of religious rivalry, skullduggery, and intrigue.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Cheap shot.
Not at all. When you speak of something fantastic as if it is commonly accepted, and expect others to accept it without question, that is self-absorbed.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It is not possible for me to convince you of the resurrection as actual history anymore than it is possible for me to convince the dead to come out of their graves. Many Christians assume people have capacity to either accept or reject resurrection. I do not. It is up to God.
God convinced me it was a tribal fairy tale. God led me the entire way out of the dark, dank sanctuary and into the air and light. Thank you Lord.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It only means their standards as far as details were not as exact as our expectations. Christian websites offer plausable explanations.
You err. We're supposed to believe this is >>God's<< message, not man's, so man's standards should have nothing to do with it.

Unless it's a man's story, of course.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Documents would be provided a presumption of innocence and deception would have to be demonstrated.
No, nothing as drastic as that. They would just be disregarded as unreliable and of no value in the determination.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You can go that route. Even Ehrman admits the early Christians believe Jesus resurrected. He claims he does not know what happened.
None of us know what happened, but if a 21st century American can believe dead people popped out of the grave, it's no stretch to imagine a 2nd century tribesman could believe it.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So now we blaspheme. The Messiah was accused of the very same thing.
I know, armchair martyrs are quick to equate themselves with Jesus' alleged suffering. It's one of their more insufferable traits.

Thanks for the shout back
Peace.
HipG

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#420804 Nov 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I am truly sorry if you have indeed been so plagued with illness.
Still, you have put yourself here on topix and have done what all the fundies have always done.
Your claim of being a realist does not strike a chord of truth within me, as I once thought the same thing. Your level of requirements for proof must be much lower than mine. Mine were once that way, also.
If you are hoping to insult me, you can't. If you're hoping to upset me, you can't. All you can do is be nasty or plead. Neither of them will work. I'm just telling you that up front so you will be better armed in your attempts.
It doesn't matter. Whether u or I are there in the New System.....doesn't matter. I have made my choice..u have made yours...live as much as u can in a fleeting 70-80 years and u will be forgotton by everyone and everything. You really don't exsist....I will because I love Jehovah........He will not betray me as He is loyal and faithful. I was created to worship Him. You have nothing....just death forever........YOUR CHOICE.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420805 Nov 17, 2012
I asked it before, and I'll ask it again, Dave--since you refused to answer it before:

My *tradition* is based on the beliefs of the ancient Etruscans, and have been handed down in my family for eight generations. Somehow, that offends you. Maybe you're just jealous of me because I can trace my matrilineal line back eight generations, and that I have stronger family ties.

What are you, a bitter orphan? Are you, like the christians you claim to decry, opposed to *all* religions and spiritual beliefs except *your own?*

Who's the hypocite, "g_o_d?"

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#420807 Nov 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to know you will be crushed, humiliated, stammered, and thrown into Hell by my God. You clearly deserve it.
THERE are the fruits of Christianity fr a disturbing number of societal misfits. This is what matters most to them, to imagine retribution, pain, and suffering for their fellow man. One can't help but wonder who kicked their ass, and why, and more importantly, why they stopped.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420808 Nov 17, 2012
How about, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" - Inquiry.
"Into your hands I commend my spirit." - Submission
You claim these to mean the same thing; at least, you have in the past--to me. How do you figure they mean the same thing?
(Okay, folks, get ready for the dodge and deflect...)
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i did NOT claim that those things mean the same thing;
Actually, you once did. It was long, long ago.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> they each mean exactly what they say!
Then you agree with me that they contradict each other. Yet you claim "God's word" *doesn't* contradict itself.

Care to clarify your position?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420809 Nov 17, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! and what do you call the one with which you exclude and include whatever you wish???
here's another thing that y'all just can't understand:
"My sheep know my voice and another they will not follow" Jesus
Jesus never said anything; he never existed. He's a myth.

You know; a myth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420811 Nov 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>No one is questioning your assessment of the world-wide-flood myth. What we are questioning is your thought process and how you came to the conclusion that the Bible is wrong and that there were people of every race left alive. But you haven't shared your thinking on it, so all we can do is speculate based on what you've already said.
Well hakuna matata,LOL. I never said the Bible was wrong nor do I think the Bible is wrong but I do know for a fact that many people INNOCENTLY misunderstand many of the things the bible teaches with flood of Noah being only one that is grossly misunderstood by many that are INNOCENT in their beliefs and understanding.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420812 Nov 17, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't want to answer the question, huh?
Since you refuse to, our discussion is over.
I've vowed that if a person can't be honest with me, then anything they say is not through honesty.
Cheers.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i DID answer the question.
"Brown" is not an answer.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> there are many other written words from God, including this one right here right now: Jesus is Lord and He wants you to believe the consistent testimonies of Him that you've heard and refuse the inconsistent ones!
So now you're claiming to be "God?"

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420813 Nov 17, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>And, if you are honest, so do you.
You're quite right. We all have much to learn but there are some things that some know more about than do others. I'm not saying nor do I claim that I know more about the Bible than anyone else on this forum. After all don't get me confused with tha poster named G_O_D who does make the claim that he is all knowing and the rest of us are single celled organisms when it comes to being educated on all things.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420815 Nov 17, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. Whether u or I are there in the New System.....doesn't matter. I have made my choice..u have made yours...live as much as u can in a fleeting 70-80 years and u will be forgotton by everyone and everything. You really don't exsist....I will because I love Jehovah........He will not betray me as He is loyal and faithful. I was created to worship Him. You have nothing....just death forever........YOUR CHOICE.
If it makes you feel better to think that others will cease to exist because they won't link pinkie fingers with you and say 'I believe!', so be it.

It sounds to me as if you think you have been mortally betrayed in this lifetime and are grasping at straws to find love again.

I am good with death forever, it that's what it turns out to be. You evidently will not live on in the memory of anyone since you think you will disappear if you don't have Jesus. I truly do pity you that you have nothing in this life that is worthwhile.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420816 Nov 17, 2012
JOlatidoye wrote:
Church folk and religious zealots are running people away from God ....
Which god?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420817 Nov 17, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you agree with her 'rings of saturn' pagan mumbo-jumbo more then the Christ of God! end of games, you've been clearly exposed;)
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to constantly resort to lies about me. That is all you have.
Just like you have done to me.

How's it feel, smart guy?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#420818 Nov 17, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
Yes.....You have NO love and NO spell....just you.
Have you burned any witches lately, or just a few good books?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420819 Nov 17, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fake and all can see that.
If you were questioning after 50 years, then you remain a question mark.
Congratulations. People like you help Christianity and you show all that there is a devil, because he works in you. We need you so we can show the flip and evil side of not being a Christian.
Remember, you got 50 years to figure it out, and now you are in the sea of the damned. I suspect that since you are an old tard, you are getting one final chance to reject God. When the devil comes to claim your soul, God wants you to fully understand that you gave him the rights to it.
Keep it up.
Yes, Discerner, I'm old. I hope you live to be old. I hope you get to enjoy children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I hope you enjoy health and prosperity for a long, long time and have people you love and who love you around you till you're a hundred.

Your constant attempts to make age something unacceptable since you showed up on Topix makes you look bad, not me.

I will try to learn as long as I live. Only those who think they have all the answers are fools. No one has all the answers. Yet every single one of you fundies are deathly afraid to question anything, just in case. You are so afraid of death that you can't live life to it's fullest. That's a shame, but nothing I can do anything about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 22 min Garry K 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min paranoidtrump 981,351
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 673,358
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr RiversideRedneck 104,793
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sky Writer 31 184,625
crooks frauds predators 5 hr Jedimaster of All 2
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 5 hr Jedimaster of All 9
More from around the web