“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#420544 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>So you think the rings of saturn are pagan mumbo-jumbo and that they don't exist? Or do you think that my using it in my commentary/avatar in a jocular way is a sign of paganism? I'd love to know which it is.
the actual rings of saturn are real. i guess i really don't know what you believe nor do i care.

can we be friends?:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420545 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i DID answer the question. there are many other written words from God, including this one right here right now: Jesus is Lord and He wants you to believe the consistent testimonies of Him that you've heard and refuse the inconsistent ones!
No you haven't.

Where does "God" specifical state that GoThomas is heresy?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420546 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Here's my question again:
he Christian church is subjected to the US Government? Please tell us exactly how it is subjected to the US government. It is totally autonomous, does not pay taxes and the government tells no one how they are to believe. So give us your interpretation of 'subjected to'.
All of us are subjected to the US Government by laws. My business was subjected not only to US laws, but state laws. Yet I didn't raise any issues over that.
I asked you specifically how churches are subjected to the US government, and you give me a paltry answer that it is subjected to the same laws everyone else is subjected to.
But I have never gotten a straight answer from you in the past. Why should I expect to see one now?
you answered your own question:

Q - "Please tell us exactly how it is subjected to the US government.

A- "All of us are subjected to the US Government by laws

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#420547 Nov 16, 2012
I just have changed and no longer feel connected to other Christians I feel the world is awakening to something more

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420548 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, you didn't. Too add to that, you are still dancing and pretending to be Jesus.
You were asked why you do not believe all the writings about Jesus that were written simultaneously with the synoptic gospels instead of the ones handed down to you by the catholic church via the Emperor Constantine. You have not bothered to answer that. But again, you never address what is asked of you. You do, however, pretend to be Jesus a great deal.
don't get me wrong, representing Jesus to the self-righteous is lot's of fun and very rewarding, but after you go through the same stuff for YEARS with the same people, a dude can get a bit worn out & just wants to get silly some times. know what i'm say'n???:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420549 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>All I can say after reading that first sentence is that you are, IMO, in for a very large and very nasty surprise. According to your own Bible, you will be held much more accountable to your God than those who do not believe. Good luck!
thanks, but "luck" has nothing to do with it; the offer is one the table for us to take or leave and i've taken it:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420550 Nov 16, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No you haven't.
Where does "God" specifical state that GoThomas is heresy?
lol! okay dude, i don't know much about thomas other than what you quoted: "to know yourself...blah...blah". from what i've heard, it sounds more like oprah winfry than it does Jesus.

"my sheep know my voice...."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420551 Nov 16, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya sure can darlin'...just drop the royalty check in the mail! LOL
They always think that they have something new to share with us that will make us see the "light". What they fail to understand is that many of us looked for that way before we made that final step away from our Christian faith. Many of us looked for a way to resolve our doubts...we just couldn't find it.
For me I don't care if Paul was Saul and if he fell off of a donkey...a horse...or a jackass. Neither am I to concerned about who and when wrote what book. Those were not the issues that made me walk away from all that I had ever known...the Christian faith. For me the challenge lies in finding out what the words mean...what they meant to me in that past and what they still mean to me.
I give very few Christians any credibility...those that I do...I hold in high esteem.
Okay...back to our regular scheduled program...The Racist Version of Noah's Ark...and Peter's Ark...Ethyl's Ark...and What Happened to All the Water?...brought to you be the WINLAC Christians Club.
here's the dealio for realio:

God judged the earth with a flood and He judged sodom & gomorrah with fire.

moral of the story: don't be like the violence-loving pre-flood peeps or the raging homo's of sodom & gomorrah.

"as it was in the days of Noah.....as it was in the days of Sodom, so shall it be in the end" Jesus

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#420552 Nov 16, 2012
Karma1221 wrote:
I just have changed and no longer feel connected to other Christians I feel the world is awakening to something more
congratulations! free of the bonds is such a wonderful feeling!

Albuquerque, NM

#420553 Nov 16, 2012
Karma1221 wrote:
Hey Karma - may I ask you, what is this change you "sense"?

Just curious.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420554 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the actual rings of saturn are real. i guess i really don't know what you believe nor do i care.
can we be friends?:)
If you don't really care what I am, why the remarks about paganism?

You're just out for a quick stroll around The Fundie Attempted Insult Track, aren't you?

It won't work on me. Your opinion is worth less than nothing. I have several friends who are pagan and wiccan and are much better people than you will ever be. So you just stick to being a creep and thinking you're forgiven for it. It's what you do best.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420555 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you answered your own question:
Q - "Please tell us exactly how it is subjected to the US government.
A- "All of us are subjected to the US Government by laws
Exactly what I expected.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420556 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the dealio for realio:
God judged the earth with a flood and He judged sodom & gomorrah with fire.
moral of the story: don't be like the violence-loving pre-flood peeps or the raging homo's of sodom & gomorrah.
"as it was in the days of Noah.....as it was in the days of Sodom, so shall it be in the end" Jesus
Sodom and Gomorrah were not burned because of homosexuality. They were judged on how they treated strangers. Read your damn bible.

Albuquerque, NM

#420557 Nov 16, 2012

No you haven't.
Where does "God" specifically state that GoThomas is heresy?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! okay dude, i don't know much about thomas other than what you quoted: "to know yourself...blah...blah". from what i've heard, it sounds more like oprah winfry than it does Jesus.
My question is not a knowledge base, but an assertion by so-called "Christians".

Where does "God" specifically state that GoThomas is heresy?

According to the hierarchy who decided upon the Bible, GoThomas was deemed heresy by these men.

Since these folks are supposed to be the "scribes of God" - then they must've had written something that specifically calls out certain religious beliefs that are not "approved by God" [heresy].

I'm asking where is this instruction by "God" to destroy the texts.

This has nothing to do with being funny, I'm talking about your supposed salvation, that you said can't occur without Jesus, yet many of his teachings are still left out of your life.

Next time you post to me, just answer the question, instead of some off-topic rant.
alicia

Seymour, IN

#420558 Nov 16, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why should you care in the slightest about my religious views?
I cannot possibly imagine.
Several people on topix, though, in the wake of various postings Iíve made on religious subjects, have asked me for an explanation of just how I arrived at my present agnosticism, or atheism, or whatever it is. So rather than answering these various people individually Iíve elected to start this forum and direct the interested parties here.
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. Iím not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I donít claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine.
Dearth of Couth
I myself do believe in god and gave myself to god an church at 21 I did feel something before that and after. I am not saying that didnt sin or lived holy or anything by that nature I got preg at 18 and married the faher at age 20 tryin to do the right thing beacue its what i was supposed to do i was miserable he was a college grad good looking seemed so perfect on outside but inside he was abusive mentally and phys and I left and never looked back I than started my modeling career which was looked down apon went out drank with friends responsibly but things that most say how do u call your self a christian... I knew right from wrong I help others i dont judge either. I read your whole story and it was touching beacuse it came straight from your heart and it saddens me that there was so much pressure on you to feel and be a certain way and it couldnt just be you and how you felt that way and way and that it was ok to be you!!!!! I think alot of people think those who dont believe are nasty mean people with no morals thins but thats not true some got the wrong impression of religion and christianity and Thats so sad!!! I am and niether is anyone else to judge you or anyone else for that matter. I do hope that some time later in life tat you may see baptist differently than what you were taught and find an open friendly church family tha dosent judge you on what u wear or how you and how often you attend church. but your story was moving and all though i do belive in god i am glad you stood up for yourself and ur beleves

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420559 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey Karma - may I ask you, what is this change you "sense"?
Just curious.
I am always hesitant to ask someone just coming on the scene with a name we haven't seen any questions. I kinda wait till they roll out who they really are.

Albuquerque, NM

#420560 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I am always hesitant to ask someone just coming on the scene with a name we haven't seen any questions. I kinda wait till they roll out who they really are.
I guess I live to close to the edge to worry.

:o)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#420561 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The average Christian you meet on the street, who are your family, neighbors and friends, don't make the hot tub offer as a part of salvation. Should we tell them this new concept?
And as for a new version of any Biblical story, I can tell you this one should be a doozie.
Erm, I may have made some sort of hot tub reference...
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#420562 Nov 16, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
because ive won the lottery ok

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#420563 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Never lived in farm country, have you?

Sheep don't know a feckin' thing except to go where the dog tells them.

Hmm, there's a sweet analogy in there...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 min fadu singh 9,247
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Rider on the Storm 817,761
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Seentheotherside 609,875
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min oxbow 579,180
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min Seentheotherside 1,998
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 51 min LAWEST100 117
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 52 min theswamiji 5,925
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,997
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 270,164
More from around the web