“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#420516 Nov 16, 2012
Okay folks,shouldI choose to continue this discussionof Noah's flood, in order to clear the picture up on why the flood came and why Noah was chosen to build the ark, I may say some things that will appear racist to some of you that are overly sensitive on the race issue. BUT I AM NOT A RACIST AND BEFORE YOU ASK,I AM BLACK.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420517 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i did NOT claim that those things mean the same thing; they each mean exactly what they say!
i'm gonna hafta trust you more if you're ever gonna get me in that hot tub w/you.....
Why are fundamentalist Christians always so creepy? Do you go in men's bathrooms to find your bisexual partners? Or do you just stalk people on Topix to find someone and try to arrange a tryst?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#420518 Nov 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think you can't be more ignorant, you prove me wrong.
You are so clueless it is almost insane.
Your book IS the Catholic one, all you protestants did is burn a couple more books.
LOL! and what do you call the one with which you exclude and include whatever you wish???

here's another thing that y'all just can't understand:

"My sheep know my voice and another they will not follow" Jesus

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#420519 Nov 16, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Help me understand something... Christians disagree over whether the bible should be interpreted literally or not... From a Christian perspective, if it's not supposed to be interpreted literally, what's true then? The bible, or it's interpretation?
The verse in question is hyperbole. Pluck out eyes. etc. It is not a matter of individual interpretation. More a matter of understanding literary genre. Christianity does not teach self mutiliation but does teach to deal seriously with habitual sin. That is the whole point. Not that it matters here since most of you are hostile to the Biblical message and will jump at any opportunity to distort and come out with all sort of whacko theories that do not even deserve consideration. Paul and Jesus is an example.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420520 Nov 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. WN is a nicer person, more intelligent and less biased and hate-filled than you.
That makes her beliefs the better ones.
End of game by your own rules. You lose.
i see, so you agree with her 'rings of saturn' pagan mumbo-jumbo more then the Christ of God! end of games, you've been clearly exposed;)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#420521 Nov 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Question that should makeonego,HMMMMM. Where did all that water go after it stopped raining? If the entire world was covered above the mountain tops then where did all that water go? Think my people.
Read this...it might answer some of your questions.

http://www.godspointofview.com/public/qanda/h...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420522 Nov 16, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Scamming the incarcerated. You have no shame.
sharing personal information among hater-devils; it's the chance i take;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420523 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you only believe the one's you approve and therefore you must think that you're....umm D_O_G....
As far as I can see, G_O_D has read all of them and made a more intelligent choice than you...simply because he was not afraid to read what was left out.

You are the coward. You are the one lacking knowledge. You are the one who condemns others while having nothing which anyone would want in the way of a spiritual life. Go with it. You're helping to kill off your rancid fundamentalist beliefs much more quickly than all the atheists int he world could.

You represent God in such a bad light that even people who are believers revile you. I hope you are satisfied with the job you are doing to discredit all Christians.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420524 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>The Christian church is subjected to the US Government? Please tell us exactly how it is subjected to the US government. It is totally autonomous, does not pay taxes and the government tells no one how they are to believe. So give us your interpretation of 'subjected to'.
umm....cuz when a churuch is within the US, it's members are subject to US laws and rules....GOOD GRIEF!

when there are no clouds in the sky, it looks sky blue in color. what do you have to say about THAT?!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420525 Nov 16, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't want to answer the question, huh?
Since you refuse to, our discussion is over.
I've vowed that if a person can't be honest with me, then anything they say is not through honesty.
Cheers.
i DID answer the question. there are many other written words from God, including this one right here right now: Jesus is Lord and He wants you to believe the consistent testimonies of Him that you've heard and refuse the inconsistent ones!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420526 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> How will you give account of how you have behaved on Topix? You should worry about yourself and your imaginary judgment rather than worrying about others.
those who've appreciated the righteous Sacrifice will be rewarded for their deeds, but will not be judged for their sin cuz that wouldn't be fair since Chirst already paid for them & it would be double indemnity!

i'm guessing that i'll be rewarded for some of the things i've said on topics, but not for others....

how about you?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420527 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> they way you speak to women here is what makes your version obscene. Period.
to the obscene, all things are obscene. my comminication is refined art, kinda like maplethorpe only good;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420528 Nov 16, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be his argument...
http://biologos.org/questions/genesis-flood
It might be, but as stated, I think he is using this line of thinking only to account for other peoples occupying the earth.

This leads to thinking that those people were less important to God as he wasn't bothered with their behavior to the point that they were also 'punished'.

And there are so many other ramifications of that which I am hesitant to even talk about.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#420529 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It might be, but as stated, I think he is using this line of thinking only to account for other peoples occupying the earth.
This leads to thinking that those people were less important to God as he wasn't bothered with their behavior to the point that they were also 'punished'.
And there are so many other ramifications of that which I am hesitant to even talk about.
What I don't understand is why they will re-interprete the Bible while still not being able to accept that it just might possibly have been re-interpreted by man since it's conception.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#420530 Nov 16, 2012
I've got my boots on...it's gonna get deep in here. Considering it appears we are about to hear yet another version of the big flood story. And don't forget the offers of hot tub meetings from another.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#420531 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The verse in question is hyperbole. Pluck out eyes. etc. It is not a matter of individual interpretation. More a matter of understanding literary genre. Christianity does not teach self mutiliation but does teach to deal seriously with habitual sin. That is the whole point. Not that it matters here since most of you are hostile to the Biblical message and will jump at any opportunity to distort and come out with all sort of whacko theories that do not even deserve consideration. Paul and Jesus is an example.
I talking about that verse specifically. Going off on a tangent. Generally speaking... I appreciate your answer though.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420532 Nov 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks,shouldI choose to continue this discussionof Noah's flood, in order to clear the picture up on why the flood came and why Noah was chosen to build the ark, I may say some things that will appear racist to some of you that are overly sensitive on the race issue. BUT I AM NOT A RACIST AND BEFORE YOU ASK,I AM BLACK.
Don't worry about telling us you're not racist. Your posts will speak for themselves.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#420533 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It might be, but as stated, I think he is using this line of thinking only to account for other peoples occupying the earth.
It's starting to sound like the modified creation stories that can explain away the required incest and inbreeding. They had to adapt because the old stories were being questioned more and more as their power to brainwash is weakened.
Remember Galileo??

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420534 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you agree with her 'rings of saturn' pagan mumbo-jumbo more then the Christ of God! end of games, you've been clearly exposed;)
So you think the rings of saturn are pagan mumbo-jumbo and that they don't exist? Or do you think that my using it in my commentary/avatar in a jocular way is a sign of paganism? I'd love to know which it is.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#420535 Nov 16, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't understand is why they will re-interprete the Bible while still not being able to accept that it just might possibly have been re-interpreted by man since it's conception.
That there puts it in the purist way one could imagine.
Right on Annie.
^5
May I quote that if the situation comes up again??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 795,610
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 568,293
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 607,214
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr BenAdam 589
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 175,867
first gay experience? 2 hr christelnkoma 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 267,462
More from around the web