Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420581 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....cuz when a churuch is within the US, it's members are subject to US laws and rules....
Where are these laws that say what religion one must believe in the USA ?

Your comparison of the USA to the Roman Empire and Medieval (Papal) Europe is ridiculous.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420582 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
those who've appreciated the righteous Sacrifice will be rewarded for their deeds, but will not be judged for their sin cuz that wouldn't be fair since Chirst already paid for them ....
Says who ? Paul ?

ROFLMAO

Jesus never said "I am going to be a human sacrifice so you can sin and get away with it if you follow the religion of Paul and Constantine."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420583 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...What matters is if Christ resurrected......
Why ?

Who told you this ?

There is no reason for a sacrifice to not remain dead.

But IMHO, Jesus was not a "sacrifice" but an "offering" and the only one in Leviticus (The Law) that does not end up dead then burnt to a crisp or eaten.

Of course one would have to actually read the Bible to understand it. Seems for 1700 years all Christians ever read is John and Paul.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420584 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Assuming a connect with zero evidence? Two things similar does not mean one came from the other.
I am trained to recognize blatant plagarism.

You failed the course.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#420585 Nov 16, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
i have been in the medical profession for almost 30yrs. i know all about death. death doesn't scare me. i live each day. one day at a time. seeing the beauty in each day. i hug my children and granddaughter and tell them i love them. i hug my husband and tell him how lucky i am to have him. i make each day count.
i don't fret about what comes afte death. making a hedge bet hoping to get my pie in the sky. you are afraid, to realize that humans are mortals.
your boogey man doesn't scare me.
most people [on the internet] who brag and boast about "doing it all and seen it all" are pretending.
longevity or not, runs in families. then there is lifestyle. that plays a part in how long you live.
i have a friend, her grandmother is going to be 107 in two months. the lady still lives in her home. she still cooks, does her laundry, sews, quilts, crochets and has a garden each year.
she is amazing! and an inspiration! she has a wonderful sense of humor.
she tells everyone LIVE EACH DAY ONE AT A TIME AND DON'T WASTE ONE MINUTE DWELLING ON SHOULDA-COULDA-WOULDA.
this lady raised 7 children. i love her to pieces.
if my day comes tomorrow, the only thing i will regret is missing milestones in my children and grandchildren's lives. nothing more nothing less.
If thats all it is...it's nothing. Gone in a second. 2 Corinthians 4:4...Only your Creator can give you all of everything. The Lords Prayer is to pray for HIS Kingdom GOVERNMENT.....One world, One country, One people, no divisions, all in peace and prosperity. What you have is a fabrication of a minute mind, grasping for something like AIR....to hold onto....but slips away as the rest have before you. You really have nothing without GODS RULERSHIP OVER THIS EARTH....Mathew 24:14.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#420586 Nov 16, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"She said that she couldn't care less about the social philosophy of Jesus"
- yet she will accept the social philosophy of others who has applied this to Jesus.
Strange.

I think like you. "Why not accept all of what Jesus taught?"
a. How does a "half of Jesus" fulfill any belief in Jesus completely?
b. Why would anyone put a limitation on what Jesus taught, if they "believe in Jesus"?

The real question that they can't/refuse to answer is:
- Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"

If you have read other posts of mine, I pose this, and if you had been following along, not once has the question been answered.
- I'll see responses like,'Paul used Jesus to enlighten others.'- which as you can see is deflection.

Quite saddening that they express one thing, but when faced with a direct contradiction to their belief, they begin to rejoice in the men who have limited "their Jesus".
Cheers!
I hear ya. We could write a book of nothing but questions that go unconfronted and unanswered. Here's one of my favorites that ties in with yours about "enlightened Paul"

Just what does Paul mean when he says, "I fill up in myself what was lacking in Christ's affliction?" what da...!? Did Paul really just elevate himself to a position just about co-equal with his Christ?

I think it comes down to a fear and confusion with Jesus' actual message. Jesus was ultra-conservative in interpretation of Torah, and ultra-radical in application. Paul's is the sanitized state-approved version, far easier to follow.

Location hidden

#420587 Nov 16, 2012
Yes.....You have NO love and NO spell....just you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#420588 Nov 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>The story of the flood is true but not the way most Christians have been taught about it. Even ancient Chinese history, whose history goes back farther than anyones history even tells the story of a great deluge.
You have much to learn grasshoppa.
And, if you are honest, so do you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#420589 Nov 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trained to recognize blatant plagarism.
You failed the course.
I am simply pointing out to you the two flood accounts are independent. There is no evidence of a connect which you assume. This is not rocket science. You evade and trot out the accusations. Your assumption is killed by a fact. Your trained? Good for you! LOL!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#420590 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible has a lot of different genres. There is poetry, Lamentations, history, accounts, biographies, letters and other types of writings. Your question is vague and somewhat insincere IMO. When you read the Newspaper do you take the funny pages literally? How bout the weather? Sunrise and sunset? Should you take the newspaper literally? <quoted text> It took me a minute to type that response. I appreciate your interest in the same mannor you appreciate my response.
But no one is purporting that the newspaper is the inerrant word of some deity then trying to force people to live by it.

Location hidden

#420591 Nov 16, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! okay dude, i don't know much about thomas other than what you quoted: "to know yourself...blah...blah". from what i've heard, it sounds more like oprah winfry than it does Jesus.
"my sheep know my voice...."
Perhaps you should read it then...at least you would have some insight about what you are talking about.
While you are at it, I would suggest reading "jubilees" and "enoch". That will probably lead you to read all the others, and have a better basis to discuss that which others are already familiar with.
At this point you are, in effect, intellectually ignorant, and unable to provide any reasonable argument.

Location hidden

#420592 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Sodom and Gomorrah were not burned because of homosexuality. They were judged on how they treated strangers. Read your damn bible.
That's what the bible says anyway...I don't think that was the reason at all. I think that it is a reconstituted writing from a much earlier time, and an interpretation reconstructed for the agenda of the abrahamic leaders.

“The future begins”

every moment

#420593 Nov 16, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I yearn for your commentary on the two sets of commandments!
Well, missy, thou shalt yearn no more!

It's just another of those silly little oddities about the Bible, or should I say, things we thought we knew about the Bible.

Everyone knows about the 10 Commandments. But few people know that, until Exodus was written down in published form, >no one ever saw them< as we know them today.

You know the story - Moses goes up the mountain, has his little tete a tete with the Big Guy, comes back down with the Decalogue, written with God's finger. But a party has broken out in Moses' absence. Moses is so pissed off at not being invited he throws the tablets to the ground, smashing them to smithereens.

But in time Moses runs back up the bleedin' hill (Quadrophenia, anyone?) and gets God to run off another copy. But wait! This set is almost completely different - stuff about treaties, sacrifices, "Do not cook a kid in it's mother's milk", you know, mundane stuff like that, but almost completely different than the first set.(Ex. 34:10-28) And Moses specifically titles it "The Ten Commandments". This is the set that gets placed in the Ark of the Covenant.

The 10 Commandments that grace our churches and courthouses? Exodus Israelites never saw them. They lie in pieces at the base of the mountain.

“The future begins”

every moment

#420594 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I am simply pointing out to you the two flood accounts are independent. There is no evidence of a connect which you assume. This is not rocket science. You evade and trot out the accusations. Your assumption is killed by a fact. Your trained? Good for you! LOL!
No evidence of a "connect"?

Where did the Semitic people, which became the wandering Israelites, originate?

Sumeria.

Sumeria records an ancient flood, predating Genesis.

Centuries later, these Semitic wanderer began writing their own "history". They tell of a flood occurring away back when they still lived in the "Old Country", which would be where?

Sumeria.

You're right, this is not rocket science.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420595 Nov 16, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>...Did Paul really just elevate himself to a position just about co-equal with his Christ?.....
Further. Paul places himself above God!

"But though we, OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." - Gal. 1:8

Assinine apologetics in 3... 2... 1...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420596 Nov 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I am simply pointing out to you the two flood accounts are independent. There is no evidence of a connect which you assume. This is not rocket science. You evade and trot out the accusations. Your assumption is killed by a fact. Your trained? Good for you! LOL!
It is well known, even by the Jews, that Genesis is a retelling of Sumerian mythology. Abram was a Sumerian from Uruk and would have known the original story and probably have seen and even read the original cuneiform tablets.

Please get an education if you want to discuss these matters like an adult.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420597 Nov 16, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
.... I would suggest reading "jubilees" and "enoch".....
He can't. Neither were approved by his god Constantine.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420598 Nov 16, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, missy, thou shalt yearn no more!
It's just another of those silly little oddities about the Bible, or should I say, things we thought we knew about the Bible.
Everyone knows about the 10 Commandments. But few people know that, until Exodus was written down in published form, >no one ever saw them< as we know them today.
You know the story - Moses goes up the mountain, has his little tete a tete with the Big Guy, comes back down with the Decalogue, written with God's finger. But a party has broken out in Moses' absence. Moses is so pissed off at not being invited he throws the tablets to the ground, smashing them to smithereens.
But in time Moses runs back up the bleedin' hill (Quadrophenia, anyone?) and gets God to run off another copy. But wait! This set is almost completely different - stuff about treaties, sacrifices, "Do not cook a kid in it's mother's milk", you know, mundane stuff like that, but almost completely different than the first set.(Ex. 34:10-28) And Moses specifically titles it "The Ten Commandments". This is the set that gets placed in the Ark of the Covenant.
The 10 Commandments that grace our churches and courthouses? Exodus Israelites never saw them. They lie in pieces at the base of the mountain.
Biblical scholors have accepted that much of the duality in the Jewish Scriptures is due to the poor combination of the Israeli and Judean texts following Judea's conquering of the Northern Kingdom of Israel.

Which brings another reality that most Christians do not know, Israel and Judea are not the same thing and were two different kingdoms with two different Temples, two different Scriptures, two different Religions and two different Gods. Even during the time of Jesus it was two different countries, Judea and Samaria. Jesus came from Isreal and was more likely raised as a Samaritan than a Jew.

Location hidden

#420599 Nov 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one is purporting that the newspaper is the inerrant word of some deity then trying to force people to live by it.
You are a who-re of Babylon......

“"None shall pass"”

There

#420600 Nov 16, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a who-re of Babylon......
You are a godless pig.

You do nothing but build a dungheap of lies for your Lord of the Flies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 42 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 45 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 46 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 679,024
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web