|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with the post you attatched it to.
Not according to you, but you don't matter. Like all the other jesusbots, you see only what you want to see and ignore the rest.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
And you'd think that whole "and the dead arose and appeared to many" event woulda merited a footnote somewhere.
the police were having their usual bad weekend of bashing heads and taking the phone numbers of comely women, when out of the ground rose an unearthly horde. Details in tomorrow`s rag.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
It Never Happened. The ony people who "recorded jesus's words" were four con-men, allegedly named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
<quoted text>
And why were they not included as "god's infallible word?"
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is no "god's infallible word".
The christians seem to think so. I sure don't. Haven't you noticed that? For someone who's supposedly so intelligent, you are horribly unobservant.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to have been brainwashed at some point in your life that the Buble is the only thing written regarding God and/or Jesus.
That's where it all started. Can you tell me how such decisions were made on what to include and what to exclude?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that interesting since your own 'religion' is based on nothing more than family myths that you claim have been unchanged in 3000 years. ROFLMAO
My *tradition* is based on the beliefs of the ancient Etruscans, and have been handed down in my family for eight generations. Somehow, that offends you. Maybe you're just jealous of me because I can trace my matrilineal line back eight generations, and that I have stronger family ties. What are you, a bitter orphan?

I never claimed that they were absolute, irrefutable fact, and I never claimed that they were "unchanged in 3000 years," *YOU* made that deliberate and false claim about me, just to back up your own failed position.

You love setting up strawmen just so you can jerk off by knocking them down. You never change, Dave, you just fucking never change.

You lie like a christian.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

You have a need to believe in your "historical" jesus, Dave; I have no such need. I'm not an insecure little putz, like you are.

Take your "historical" jesus and pound it up your ass, next to your head.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the police were having their usual bad weekend of bashing heads and taking the phone numbers of comely women, when out of the ground rose an unearthly horde. Details in tomorrow`s rag.
Oh, please. Not the Galilean Gazette again!

Whatever happened to serious journalism?
oscar the grouch

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

You are a very good writer. I stumbled onto this post and was sorry to see your story end so soon. You should write a book. I know I'm commenting on a 4 year old post but the story was a great read.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

oscar the grouch wrote:
You are a very good writer. I stumbled onto this post and was sorry to see your story end so soon. You should write a book. I know I'm commenting on a 4 year old post but the story was a great read.
Thank you!

I can only add that your opinion is not universally shared.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
I can only add that your opinion is not universally shared.
Philistines abound.

Ignore 'em.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible says nothing of resurrection in the story you use to prove resurrection. I gave the meaning of the word used in the gospels as it was used by the people who wrote them.
Disease called denial.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If they actually followed the teachings of Jesus they would be plucking their eyeballs from their sockets.
"If thine eyes offend thee, pluck them out."
Instead they blame everyone but themselves.
They are, for the most part, a pack of cowards, liars and frauds... and prove it daily.
No. You are a literary imbecile. Interprets Scripture literally when it is meant to be hyperbolic. That is what you have in common with rabid snake handler fundies. Both interpret scripture verses literally.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Paul never met Jesus.
Wrong.
He wasn't present when Jesus taught,
Right, as far as we know.
which is probably why he doesn't seem to know what Jesus taught and why he taught in direct opposition to Jesus on many things. At least in the Bible you use.
That is because critics ignore the audiences were different and the times were different. Jeusus was pre and Paul was post resurrection. Also ignored is things similar. It is unbeliever propaganda. Here is an example of things they taught which are similar which you will no doubt ignore. Since you are not really interested in the truth of the matter.

http://carm.org/questions/other-questions/did...

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. You are a literary imbecile. Interprets Scripture literally when it is meant to be hyperbolic. That is what you have in common with rabid snake handler fundies. Both interpret scripture verses literally.
Help me understand something... Christians disagree over whether the bible should be interpreted literally or not... From a Christian perspective, if it's not supposed to be interpreted literally, what's true then? The bible, or it's interpretation?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

<quoted text>
While ball lickers like you go to heaven?
Heh, there's nothing wrong with ball lickers!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not according to you, but you don't matter. Like all the other jesusbots, you see only what you want to see and ignore the rest.
You just can't ever be honest, Kate. You are just as much a religitard troll as viking. Sad that no one else has the guts to confront you on it.

The majority of non-christians and christians here play th esame game and only a few seem to care about anything but that "their side" wins.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's where it all started. Can you tell me how such decisions were made on what to include and what to exclude?.....
You don't pay much attention to the hundreds of times ithas been posted here by dozens of people.

The Bible is a collection of books that were authorized by Emperor Constantine around 325 AD as the only books to be used by Christians in the Roman Empire.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
My *tradition* is based on the beliefs of the ancient Etruscans, and have been handed down in my family for eight generations. Somehow, that offends you.....
I just find it strange that you bash people who have a tradition based on books that are over 1700 years old while claiming some kind of perfection in your oral story telling that you ridiculously claim to be Etruscan without a single shred of evidence. Even the Etruscan language is undecipherable today so the few inscriptions we have are unknown as to their content.

You are worse than a hypocrite, that is my problem with you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Help me understand something... Christians disagree over whether the bible should be interpreted literally or not... From a Christian perspective, if it's not supposed to be interpreted literally, what's true then? The bible, or it's interpretation?
Should we take your post literally or figuratively ?

LOL

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Still diverting and can't be honest with anyone on the forum.
I understand. I'll accept that you don't know anything about what you speak on.
This is the answer that I've now placed upon you, because you really don't have any other answer to support that "God rejects the Gospel of Thomas".
You are just like all other self-centered so-called "Christians" - afraid of the truths that exist.
Your dishonesty shows who you really are.
BTW - there isn't any citation - never has been, and never will be.
But you refuse to understand this, because you have been misled to believe what men tell you.
"God" has never rejected any of man's writings - only men have.
Get a clue and learn your religion.
<quoted text>
Then post specific statements and citations that support your notion (and other so-called 'Christians') that shows "Gpd" rejects certain texts and accepts others.
With you diverting to posing a question back at me on this topic, again shows how you would rather deflect from answering, than give a truthful answer.
<quoted text>
...and yet with your own mouth you rebuke the Bible, but support it with other statements.
BTW - the Bible is not a self-supporting citation. It was written by lots of men, none of which you call "god", so no, you are incorrect with your assumption that the citation is valid.
Wanna try again?
You do understand that according to the Bible, "God" only wrote two things, right?
- The first set of "10 Commandments" that Moses ended up throwing at the "golden calf" [which seems to have been made after the gold was mined, smelted, and then molded into this calf by the former slaves], and a second set of "commandments" that Moses had to go and trek up the mountain to get a second time.
If there is any other "written account by God", then you will have to show justification to it. As it stands right now, there is none.
Do you know anything about your religion?
"If there is any other "written account by God"

since the Spirit of God dwells in His Church which is the Body of Christ on earth of whom i'm a member, many things that i write/say come from God.

"Do you know anything about your religion?"

yes! for proof, see my statement above;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You can reject anything and anyone at any time.
But still believing the Bible is "not of men" will not change the fact that it was still written by men, and that you follow those writings of those men.
the scriptures were written by "holy men of old inspired by God" and now re-iterated by contemporay holy men for your convenience! you don't hafta thank me, just believe my report & live!:)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done it all babe. Been there and back and around all of it. You live a life of lies and guesses. You will die as all humans do at most...80 years. Nothing to be proud about eh? You have your chance as I, to better ourselves. You reject all of it, I tread carefully accepting it with discretion. Make your mark, an unknown mark in this world...you will be forgotten by all who have ever heard your putrid name of doubts.
My my, what a putrid attempt to degrade someone you don't even know. Of course this is how your religion works. Beat them down, then give them some false hope and the offering plate.
You are a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

513 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min JudgeNJury 257,110
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Krackerjacks 115,731
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min jack 461
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min dirty white boy- 722,427
GMO foods and you! 22 min Hidingfromyou 17
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min Hidingfromyou 93,888
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min June VanDerMark 533,781
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••