Comments
396,941 - 396,960 of 441,229 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420385 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie Annie...it's you not me who believes that your nature is so good that you don't need a Savior!
c'mon now, that's exactly what you're saying in so many words & it's why your type (cain/good works) hates mine (abel/blood sacrafice)
It's you who thinks you have done something so terrible just by being born that someone had to die for it. What a horrible world lives inside your head.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420386 Nov 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"She said that she couldn't care less about the social philosophy of Jesus"
- yet she will accept the social philosophy of others who has applied this to Jesus.
Strange.
I think like you. "Why not accept all of what Jesus taught?"
a. How does a "half of Jesus" fulfill any belief in Jesus completely?
b. Why would anyone put a limitation on what Jesus taught, if they "believe in Jesus"?
The real question that they can't/refuse to answer is:
- Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"
If you have read other posts of mine, I pose this, and if you had been following along, not once has the question been answered.
- I'll see responses like,'Paul used Jesus to enlighten others.'- which as you can see is deflection.
Quite saddening that they express one thing, but when faced with a direct contradiction to their belief, they begin to rejoice in the men who have limited "their Jesus".
Cheers!
Brilliant!

I have asked this same question about Paul, with equally dismal results in the form of answers.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420387 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>In the simple interest of knowledge, we should mention that the gold allegedly came from gifts from the Egyptians prior to the Israelite's departure. This has always been interesting to me, as it casts reasonable doubt on the alleged plight of the Israelites in "captivity". Could they maybe have stolen it? Could this be why Pharaoh was so hell-bent on catching people he just told to leave? Odd little snippet in an odd history.
That 2nd set of commandments is another story entirely......
I yearn for your commentary on the two sets of commandments!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420388 Nov 15, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
Jehovah is the only true God. Jesus is ruling in heaven now and will soon take action upon the wicked filthy earth. Rev. 16:16
But the only one true God in Genesis is El. Jehovah didn't come along until Moses married a woman who worshiped Jehovah. Then when he was asked what the name of the one true God is, he answered Jehovah...the God of his foreign wife.

The one true God of the OT was in actuality changed over time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420389 Nov 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know - strange, huh?
I've pondered on it for many years, and still haven't reconciled a plausible conclusion, because there are many braches that go to nowhere.
"2nd set is another story"? You'll have to PM me sometime with a summary.
That whole visit up Sinai gets me.
- altitude sickness/hallucinations?
- his body/face hair turns white?(**unknown radiation source /*smiles*- he saw a ghost?)
- "God" gives him a "second chance" on the tablets? Or was that part of "God's" plan? OR where they given to him through some other source?
- a "cloud" of some "smoke" landing ('settled') on top of the mountain?(**clearly an early UFO encounter!?)
+"and the whole mountain trembled violently." - Exodus 24:16
:o)
- no golden calf on the journey, but within forty days the gold is sourced, smelted, molded, cooled, and then praised before Moses trashed the place? Hmmm....
Exodus 24:18
18 Then Moses entered the cloud as he went on up the mountain. And he stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights.
It just doesn't add up to "spectacular" - ya know what I mean?
Oh, no! He doesn't get off that easy! I want him to post it here (if he so desires, of course). I am really interested in having his take on it here on WINLAC. I know...selfish a little. But his work is always very interesting and very well studied.

The 'sourced' portion of your statement above is the one that is most interesting.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#420390 Nov 15, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
It Never Happened. The ony people who "recorded jesus's words" were four con-men, allegedly named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can we change the subject a min
I'm not surprised you don't want to address what I pointed out.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> & talk about you in this pic?
were you in a hot tub? cuz i doesn't seem like you're wearing a top and your hair looks wet on the ends. is that a tatoo sleave i see on our right shoulder going down your arm?:)
;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420391 Nov 15, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I am following this correctly...something doesn't exist unless millions recognize that it does exist? Even if you see it yourself?
We can know with a certainty without seeing God. You can tell by the way you feel when you pray with sincerity.
What motivates you to question other's faith?
Personal emotions are not proof to anyone but those who have the emotions. You cannot give those emotions to anyone else.

Religion plays on emotions, sometimes to such a degree that you see it's adherents flopping on the floor and muttering unintelligible 'tongues'.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420392 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You belong to the denomination that your church represents.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't belong to a 'church' except for the Church/Body of Christ at large;)
Do you really expect me to believe you don't go to a church?

Does this "body of christ at large" have vaulted ceilings? How are the acoustics for the band?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420393 Nov 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The accounts indicate there was no body. Like i printed before, you are printing conjecture by suggesting it was a spiritual resurrection which is alien to the text. It is made up out of thin air. A theory with zero evidence. A theory in search of a non existent fact.
<quoted text> No written accounts by Monkeys available. I really don't know what your point is there since scribes were men at that time.
<quoted text> I don't believe any of that and i do not know what you mean by third generation disciple. You are suggesting only six of the 13 which would include Paul (?) had truth give to them. Whatever that means.
<quoted text> They were all on the same page as far as bodily resurrection, Christ as God/Man. Jesus as Messiah. Exclusive Savior of humankind.
<quoted text> i have read your posts so i have a good idea where you are coming from. The point being i did not know where you were coming from when you suggested spiritual absent physical resurrection.
<quoted text> Paul was an apostle of Jesus. Jesus is God/Man. Savior to the Human race and Paul was one of His early messengers. Paul did a lot of writing some of which had to do with the fact Paul was locked up and probably had time on his hands.
The Bible says nothing of resurrection in the story you use to prove resurrection. I gave the meaning of the word used in the gospels as it was used by the people who wrote them.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420394 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! have at me, Annie....you always do!:)
i know i'm not the greatest communicator and i tend to get silly, but please know that i appreciate your sincerity when talking with me:)
Then why won't you address what she posted?

Here it is again:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is against biblical teaching...unless you don't see their behavior as sin. You are instructed to go to your brothers and sisters in Christ when they have sinned. You are to encourage each other...care for them...help them when needed. So you are in a sense responsible for them...according to scripture.
That is one of your problems Wasup...it is always just about you.
<quoted text>
If you are not concerned about your brothers and sisters...then why concern yourself with me and what I believe.
Once again...you are trying to turn this into a conversation about me...deflection against you having to answer any questions concerning you.
Before you worry about me...maybe you should take a look at what we see when we look at you.
Same old deflection routine Wasup...check back with me when you are ready to discuss both sides of this issue. <end quote>

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#420395 Nov 15, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If you're not a christian tonight,there's no such thing as 'used to be a christian'. I.e.,'you're STILL a lost soul'.
I would very much like to believe you.

I am not only a former christian, but I also accepted remuneration for recommending the faith to others.

It is a sin that I may never fully make restitution, it is my guilt to carry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#420396 Nov 15, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Reality couldn't get that picture out of his mind. He must have called me every name in the book for using that picture. He even went so far as to say that the same thing would happen to me that happened to a woman in a movie that he watched. She was a prostitute...she was beaten...raped...and then murdered. How's that for Christian love.
Funny thing is...the name of that piece of art is..."Eve in the Garden"! LOL
I suppose that they prefer to see Eve depicted as a misshapen woman with a fig leaf over each breast and a couple covering her pubic area...go figure!
I love that piece and have missed it since I took it down...might have to put her back where she belongs!:-)
Geesh...much todo about a bare back and a slight glimpse of one breast. More than that shows in most bathing suits.
I think it comes with the feeling of being born in sin. They can relate to that, evidently, because of how they have lived their lives.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420397 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
It Never Happened. The ony people who "recorded jesus's words" were four con-men, allegedly named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There a lot more than just the four in the Bible.
There are over 150 Christian texts ommited.
And why were they not included as "god's infallible word?"

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#420398 Nov 15, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I am following this correctly...something doesn't exist unless millions recognize that it does exist? Even if you see it yourself?
We can know with a certainty without seeing God. You can tell by the way you feel when you pray with sincerity.
What motivates you to question other's faith?
I question the basis for your faith.
I do not dispute that you get a sexual rush when you practice your faith.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420399 Nov 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Hercules has more eyewitness accounts on record than Jesus. Yeah, 500 people but only four writings, versus thousands of eye witnesses and several hundred writings.
I'm placing my bets on Hercules if it's according to hearsay.
<quoted text>
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John--but you already know that.
All four of them contradict each other.
<quoted text>
There were no eyewitnesses; that's a lie.
<quoted text>
Your buybull contradicts itself repeatedly; I've already pointed that out to you. Like a true believer, though, you ignore that.
"First, that the writers could not have been eye-witnesses and ear-witnesses of the matters they relate, or they would have related them without those contradictions; and consequently, that the books have not been written by the persons called apostles, who are supposed to have been witnesses of this kind.
"Secondly, that the writers, whoever they were, have not acted in concerted imposition; but each writer separately and individually for himself, and without the knowledge of the others." Thomas Paine, "Age of Reason"
<quoted text>
If they were truthful, they would have been the same. You have provided an excellent profile of organized lying.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
For what purpose then were the gospels written?
Fame, power, money, who knows? Who cares? It's still crap.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>The four gospels are different because they were written to different groups of people.
I've heard that lame excuse before; it doesn't work.

What you are saying is, each version was deliberately and therefore deceptively written solely to appeal to a specific group.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know to whom the Book of Matthew was written? The Book of Mark? The book of Luke or John? What elements of each of these books indicate which audience they were written to?
Truth is consistent; you have just admitted that those four different versions for four different audiences were deliberate falsehoods.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420401 Nov 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> But the only one true God in Genesis is El. Jehovah didn't come along until Moses married a woman who worshiped Jehovah. Then when he was asked what the name of the one true God is, he answered Jehovah...the God of his foreign wife.
The one true God of the OT was in actuality changed over time.
Sadly, Moses screwed up the spelling. The Midianite God was pronounced "Yow We" not "Yah Way". Of course the Jews screwed it up worse by denying it is a 'name' altogether.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420402 Nov 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
And ball lickers like you go to Hell.
While ball lickers like you go to heaven?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420403 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Return to your village, idiot.
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
he went out to play and they moved the village!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420404 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised you don't want to address what I pointed out.
<quoted text>
;)
Because you are as clueless as they are ?

There are many accounts beyond the four that are in the Bible.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#420405 Nov 15, 2012
Ban Stalkers wrote:
THIS IS THE DEAL FOLKS, THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO LIVES AND ARE LOSERS. SO, THEY TRY TO GET INTO PEOPLE'S LIVES SO THEY CAN ATTACH THEMSELVES TO A LIFE. YES, LEACHES, BLOOD SUCKING FOR LIFE.
There are some new laws, which are not espoused in the video. Between July 2011 and Dec. 2011, a poster named Native, on the Christian forums, who had actually stopped posting for about a year, was notified in July 2011, that a photo of her recently deceased mom was posted as a posters avatar. She was shocked to see that it was sitting there, not removed by right there. She had been grieving for less than 8 months. It took her two weeks to get it taken down.
These were down by a group of about 10 gay atheists.
Here are their names, in order of involvement and tolerating the attack.
1. Jaybird1956
2. Rnl2008
3. MrsMurphy
4. IamServant
5. Nettiebelle
6. Troth Leogoere
7. Seenisawesome
8. Tickedoffchic
8. resident
9. 15th Dalai Lama
10. Loveismygoal
11. Seriously
12. MrsWhitewater
13. RoseNoHo
A lot of you know them, because you applaud them and do the same thing to yellodog aka pattiecake
You are:
1. Happy Lesbo
2. boooots
3. Hidingfromyou
4. Catcher
5. RoseNoHo
6. Kaitlin the wolf witch
7. Peace-Love-Happiness
8. Lacez
9. synper
10. fake (yellodog3 aka Happy Lesbo
11. passing through
12. ratherbeinmissouri
13. Grace Walker
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/topix-innoce ...
By EAMON MCNIFF
March 21, 2012
In Blairsville, Ga., as in most American towns, gossip is dished out with the daily special at the local diner. But now there's a new forum called Topix that spreads gossip as fast as the Internet connection allows. And unlike the diner, where you know the person you're talking to, Topix uses only screen names.
The combination of small-town familiarity -- everyone knows each other -- anonymity and instant dissemination compounds the impact when gossip is aimed at a neighbor or small business. Words on a web page -- permanent, searchable and bearing the authority of the (digitally) printed word -- are different from hearsay that can be forgotten or laughed off. They can ruin someone's life.
Watch the whole story on the full episode of "20/20"
Ask Gene Cooley. Cooley grew up in and around Blairsville. In 2008 he was living in town, a divorced father of two young boys who was holding down a job as a hair stylist.
He had been given a second chance at love. He was engaged to Paulette Harper, who, together with her daughter, was getting ready to start a new life with Cooley.
"She was a wonderful girl," Cooley said in an interview with "20/20" Anchor Chris Cuomo. "She had a beautiful heart, a beautiful soul."
PHOTO: Gene Cooley, of Blairsville, Ga., with his late fiancee, Paulette Harper, and her daughter.
Courtesy of Gene Cooley
Gene Cooley, of Blairsville, Ga., with his... View Full Size
Get It Off the Web Watch Video
'Destroy Someone's Life in a Minute' Watch Video
Search Yourself, Protect Yourself Watch Video
Yet before their new life could begin, Harper's ex took it all away.
"Apparently she was taking a nap," Cooley said. "Somehow he got in, startled her, and must have pushed her down and then shot her. He waited around for a little while, and then finally committed suicide."
Cooley's world was shattered, he said. All that was left was to bring Harper's body to Florida, where her family lived.
THIS IS NOT A GAME, BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO TREAT IT LIKE ONE.
You need to get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 600,255
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min The_Box 226,590
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 539,659
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min Guess who 118,142
How to bypass iCloud activation screen lock on ... 43 min Dzordz Eliot 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min jennifer usey 258,249
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 56 min Ray 74
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 734,126
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••