“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#420279 Nov 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Did "God" say this?
Please cite your citation that GoThomas was rejected by "God".
i'll site the same citation from the comic book that you usually site, something to the effect: "to know yourself is to understand the kingdom of God"

this philosophy is a far cry from the 'authorized' testimonies which speak much of dying to self in order to find life;)

this is NOT rocket science folks.....

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#420280 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Annie, you're the one who didn't directly answer my question to you regarding a sinnful nature. you can't make up the irony/hypocricy among the atheistic/pagan 'community'!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

This post is against biblical teaching...unless you don't see their behavior as sin. You are instructed to go to your brothers and sisters in Christ when they have sinned. You are to encourage each other...care for them...help them when needed. So you are in a sense responsible for them...according to scripture.
That is one of your problems Wasup...it is always just about you.
<quoted text>
If you are not concerned about your brothers and sisters...then why concern yourself with me and what I believe.
Once again...you are trying to turn this into a conversation about me...deflection against you having to answer any questions concerning you.
Before you worry about me...maybe you should take a look at what we see when we look at you.
Same old deflection routine Wasup...check back with me when you are ready to discuss both sides of this issue.

Your response...still addressing nothing in the post that I wrote.

LOL! have at me, Annie....you always do!:)

And another reply from you...still with not addressing the post...

btw - i hope you didn't change your pic because of anything i said; i was really just giving back some of your own medicine;)
i know i'm not the greatest communicator and i tend to get silly, but please know that i appreciate your sincerity when talking with me:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420281 Nov 15, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where out conversation began...
I actually agree with this post in part...I have actually been guilty of it myself at times. There is a major difference here however Viking...one that you and some others here have set the bar for.
If you claim that Jesus was perfect...sinless...
If you claim to follow in his footsteps...
Then unless you can show us where Jesus behaved as some of you do...use the language that some of you use...
Then the.."staggering hypocrite and your credibility is zero" phrase would apply to yourself and others (that call themselves followers of Christ) and behave in this manner.
If you are going to claim "righteousness" and claim to live at a higher level than non-Christians...then you need to live those claims. If you don't...then you are a hypocrite and have zero credibility when it comes to your witness for your Christ.
This holds true for anyone of any faith...if you are going to preach it...then you need to make damn sure that you are living it. Hard to do at times I admit...I fail often to live up to my own beliefs.
We can all be hypocrites at times...at times we expect more from others than we are willing to give ourselves. Most of us however at those times are not claiming a higher morality based on "Jesus".
Here was your response...
i'm not speaking for viking here, but i have to point out your continuous & inherint error once again:
you said - "Then unless you can show us where Jesus behaved as some of you do..."
the Bible is full of illustrations of humans behaving badly, but only one God/Man who behaved perfectly.
you see, Jesus is the Perfect Savior for people who can admit that they're imperfect. since you can't seem to do this, that's why you can't relate to the Savior nor to His redeemed family.
"since you say "i see", your sin remains" Jesus
You addressed nothing in my post. All you did was twist and turn until you made it all about what a sinful person that I am.
Do you or do you not believe that Christians should live up to the standard that God has set forth for you? If you claim to be a follower should you not first follow his book before you expect others to follow it? Are not supposed to be that "light"? If you are going to "preach" it...shouldn't we expect YOU to be the held accountable for practicing it FIRST?
Again...you addressed nothing in my original post...you just wanted to condemn.
Just sit still...there are more instances (just from yesterday) that you did not address the post...just twisted and turned.
what i did, Annie, is take a main quotation of yours and addressed it. i didn't address everything you said, but i focused on what i believed to be the main issue. i'll do it again for you here:

you said; "If you are going to claim "righteousness" and claim to live at a higher level than non-Christians..."

i claim to need the Savior/Redeemer/Christ for the forgiveness of sin, not to live at a "higher level" than you.

now, please answer my question or forever be a hypocrite:

do you also need Christ for the forgiveness of your sin (individual sins-verb and sinnful nature-noun)?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420282 Nov 15, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is against biblical teaching...unless you don't see their behavior as sin. You are instructed to go to your brothers and sisters in Christ when they have sinned. You are to encourage each other...care for them...help them when needed. So you are in a sense responsible for them...according to scripture.
That is one of your problems Wasup...it is always just about you.
<quoted text>
If you are not concerned about your brothers and sisters...then why concern yourself with me and what I believe.
Once again...you are trying to turn this into a conversation about me...deflection against you having to answer any questions concerning you.
Before you worry about me...maybe you should take a look at what we see when we look at you.
Same old deflection routine Wasup...check back with me when you are ready to discuss both sides of this issue.
Your response...still addressing nothing in the post that I wrote.
LOL! have at me, Annie....you always do!:)
And another reply from you...still with not addressing the post...
btw - i hope you didn't change your pic because of anything i said; i was really just giving back some of your own medicine;)
i know i'm not the greatest communicator and i tend to get silly, but please know that i appreciate your sincerity when talking with me:)
this is some of the same-ole same-ole so see my post above.
and, please don't disrespect me again with your questions until you specificly answer thee question of all questions that i've posed to you:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420283 Nov 15, 2012
Did "God" say this?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll site the same citation from the comic book that you usually site, something to the effect: "to know yourself is to understand the kingdom of God"
this philosophy is a far cry from the 'authorized' testimonies which speak much of dying to self in order to find life;)
this is NOT rocket science folks.....
Why do you divert from answering the question? Can you answer any question truthfully?

Or is it more comforting to just avoid and run away?

Why do you call one of Jesus' Apostle's writings a comic book?
- comic books have pictures that describe the story, this one does not.
- GoThomas is nothing but sayings by Jesus, so it has no relevance with any comic book.

"this philosophy is a far cry from the 'authorized' testimonies which speak much of dying to self in order to find life;)
this is NOT rocket science folks....."
- "authorized" by whom?
- I asked you to post the citation that shows "God" rejected this book. Are you trying to change the question?
- apparently it is a little bit more than "rocket science" if you can't understand simple questions.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#420284 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay, Annie, let's cut to the chase:
1st off, i can't send you to hell and it's the last place i want you to go. i'm just trying to help you understand the redemption that's been purchased for you apart from your abilities or inabilities to earn it!
so, you can admit to a fault of being harder on christians than on non-christians; i give you credit for that & it's more than most have done:)
can you admit to being born a sinner by nature and seperate from the nature of God?
What a silly question to ask non-Christian. I believe in a higher power but not what some of you have turned him in to.

But I will give you an answer...no...I do not believe that we are born with sinful nature...nor to I believe that we are separated from God.

Kind of a silly question in my way of thinking.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Annie, you're the one who didn't directly answer my question to you regarding a sinnful nature. you can't make up the irony/hypocricy among the atheistic/pagan 'community'!
Since I am not atheist nor do I consider myself a pagan...this post does not even apply to me. Again...it was just your way of twisting and turning to not address what is written to you.

Yes...I know...you consider everyone that does not agree with you an atheist/pagan.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#420285 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
cuz the other apostles didn't write their testimonies!
that's why the tommy/comic-book that you like better wasn't included, cuz it contradicts the rest;)
So...here is your comic book Bible.

Samples with sound affects...

http://theactionbible.com/

Free download...

http://actionbible.en.softonic.com/
endtime

AOL

#420286 Nov 15, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420287 Nov 15, 2012
Did "God" say this?
<quoted text>
Why do you divert from answering the question? Can you answer any question truthfully?
Or is it more comforting to just avoid and run away?
Why do you call one of Jesus' Apostle's writings a comic book?
- comic books have pictures that describe the story, this one does not.
- GoThomas is nothing but sayings by Jesus, so it has no relevance with any comic book.
"this philosophy is a far cry from the 'authorized' testimonies which speak much of dying to self in order to find life;)
this is NOT rocket science folks....."
- "authorized" by whom?
- I asked you to post the citation that shows "God" rejected this book. Are you trying to change the question?
- apparently it is a little bit more than "rocket science" if you can't understand simple questions.
ahhite den, lemme make this more clear:

can you prove for me that this book you speak of was actually written by the apostle thomas and that he quoted Jesus?

i think that i can prove it wasn't judging by the things said which contradict the Christ whom i know intimately.

the fact that you, a new-ager, are authorizing it helps me to understand where it's actually coming from, but i wouldn't dismiss it solely on that basis:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420288 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhite den, lemme make this more clear:
can you prove for me that this book you speak of was actually written by the apostle thomas and that he quoted Jesus?
i think that i can prove it wasn't judging by the things said which contradict the Christ whom i know intimately.
the fact that you, a new-ager, are authorizing it helps me to understand where it's actually coming from, but i wouldn't dismiss it solely on that basis:)
Still not willing to answer the question honestly, huh?

I'll post it once more, so you can.

Did "God" say this?

If you can't find any citation or text or passage indicating it, please be honest enough to state it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420289 Nov 15, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a silly question to ask non-Christian. I believe in a higher power but not what some of you have turned him in to.
But I will give you an answer...no...I do not believe that we are born with sinful nature...nor to I believe that we are separated from God.
Kind of a silly question in my way of thinking.
<quoted text>
Since I am not atheist nor do I consider myself a pagan...this post does not even apply to me. Again...it was just your way of twisting and turning to not address what is written to you.
Yes...I know...you consider everyone that does not agree with you an atheist/pagan.
there is no need to twist and turn anything, Annie, your following statement summarizes why we will forever be at an impasse unless you become born again:

"I will give you an answer...no...I do not believe that we are born with sinful nature..."

until you're ready to trade your sinful nature for a new one, please understand that it's the family of cain that will not tolerate the family of abel and not vice versa:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420290 Nov 15, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...here is your comic book Bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BsUM-BGMOcEXX
Samples with sound affects...
http://theactionbible.com/
Free download...
http://actionbible.en.softonic.com/
dear dear Annie, why do you think that you live at a "higher level" than those who need to be born-again???

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#420291 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
If you want to go that route, then this Station of the Cross, in Rennes-le-Chateau, shows the body being removed at nighttime [i.e. the Moon is present].
http://www.benhammott.com/stations_of_the_cro...
Which could mean that the body was already removed.
I can match your speculation with speculation.
:o)
I'M not guessing but going by the accounts. Don't know what you are doing. I do not go by a picture when there are at least five written accounts which includes Paul. All state the same. Bodily resurrection. You suggest spiritual and not body which means the body would still be there. There was no body there and you cannot inject assumptions into the text which is alien.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#420292 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Still not willing to answer the question honestly, huh?
I'll post it once more, so you can.
Did "God" say this?
If you can't find any citation or text or passage indicating it, please be honest enough to state it.
why would there be a scriptual citation from a book written 2000+ years ago regarding a book that only emerged in recent years???

again....not rocket science, pal;)

Since: Sep 12

#420293 Nov 15, 2012
doubtful

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#420294 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>

Well let's give you a chance to prove your stuff. Following are selections from different gospels.

"So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known."

"Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known."

Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest."

or,

"And he told them many things in parables, saying: "A sower went out to sow. 13.4 And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. 13.5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they had not much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, 13.6 but when the sun rose they were scorched; and since they had no root they withered away. 13.7 Other seeds fell upon thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 13.8 Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 13.9 He who has ears, let him hear."

"Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4.4And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 4.5Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it had not much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil; 4.6and when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root it withered away. 4.7Other seed fell among thorns and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 4.8And other seeds fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold." 4.9And he said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

"Jesus said, "Now the sower went out, took a handful (of seeds), and scattered them. Some fell on the road; the birds came and gathered them up. Others fell on the rock, did not take rood in the soil, and did not produce ears. And others fell on thorns; they choked the seed(s) and worms ate them. And others fell on the good soil and produced good fruit: it bore sixty per measure and a hundred and twenty per measure."

These are just two examples of parallels from different gospels. More can be provided per request, but this should be enough to make the point

Using them, "prove" which are authentic words of Jesus, and which are not?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420295 Nov 15, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that.
For whatever it's worth.
Just as one must understand (validate or debunk) Hitler and the Nazis by reading their literature, so too one must treat religion's propaganda with careful study...more so than any 'believer'.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420296 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I believe there is a big difference between a possible Jesus and an improbable Christ. Most people can't separate the two. This causes no end of fun and frivolity...
Thank you.

I have no problem with Jesus the Jew, it is the Graeco-Roman Christ that I find to be little more than mythology.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420297 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
cuz the other apostles didn't write their testimonies!
There are far more than the four in your magic book. I posted several of them.
It is sad that you are so brainwashed that you ignore the truth and believe a lie.

May your God Constantine give you what you deserve.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420298 Nov 15, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"religitards"...real ly, is that anyway to talk to another human being ......
You want us t treat you like your fellow christurd, viking treats us ?

You are hypocrite as well as a religitard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay snapchat names 6 min raye 180
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,907
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tide with Beach 778,694
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Tony17 560,564
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 27 min Doctor REALITY 2
The King of '4-wheeled BEASTS'! 59 min Doctor REALITY 2
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 837
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,354
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,474
More from around the web