Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#419993 Nov 13, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
His actions speak for him..SHOW me ONE Fruit that he bears to prove that he has the Spirit in him or You..Show Me how he loves those who go against him. We are to judge BELIEVERS..Not unbelievers. Are you calling Jesus a liar? Here read this. And please just pray about it.
Jesus clearly tells us that if a "brother," meaning a believer, sins against us, we are first to rebuke him. What does this mean? To rebuke is to criticize sharply, to reprimand. This plays nicely into the Christian principle of speaking the truth in love. To rebuke a brother is not an act done with a hateful or prideful heart. No. In fact, it could easily be compared to the behavior of a loving mother correcting her child for a behavior that will bring harm to her child and/or others. She may raise her voice and speak sternly, but she does so with a loving heart and tongue. We are to rebuke our brothers privately, and with humble hearts. HAVE You enough love for your brother, that you would show him where he is wrong? I have and I have tried. YOU dont even try because he agrees with you and you are afraid of a dispute with him.
I agree.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#419995 Nov 13, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Jackass for Satan just doesn't have the same ring to it as Jackass for Jesus.
Why is it that not a fundie who has ever darkened these sacred halls of non-Christians can make up their own little cute sayings?
How about Satyr for Satan? Scythian Ass for Satan? Simurgh for Satan?
Or, you could be totally original and use something like Licorn for Lucifer; Lamia for Lucifer; Lofriska for Lucifer.
But....
I don't expect you to ever do anything original.
Haha...excellent....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#419997 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Pilate not even mention this?
LOL. E-mail Ehrman and ask him....

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#419999 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaah!!! I don't think so. I absolutely adore my parents. My father is a War Hero and my Mother is a saint who raised 7 boys and 2 girls. I come from a family of Irish War Heroes and could't be prouder of my roots. Unlike YOU who hates himself, hates his country, and hates his parents. Hell is real Wiggley, very real. Even more real than the Hell which already exists between your ears. I pity you damned old man..........I pity you.
Sure...that's why we've learned you were part of the street gang system and also a convict...
Such a wonderful life...
Good grief sonny...do you really think we all want to live your nightmare of a childhood??
Too bad you are so weak and such a loser trying so hard to make your mark in Society.
Keep trying but I'd suggest another approach. Your failed religion is nothing but it will take you several years of failure to realize this.
Good luck on your venture...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#420002 Nov 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry pal, but we're not called by God in groups; only as individuals:
"you have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you that you bare much fruit" Jesus
You chose yourself and claim Jesus chose you above others.
Self proclaimed sainthood !

Sure, and I am the Messiah. God said so himself, prove me wrong.

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420006 Nov 13, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>None of the writers of the gospels claimed to be an eye-witness. So no, three observers didn't write anything. No one wrote from first-hand knowledge.
Do you know how hard it would have been to collect 500 people to watch one itinerant Rabbi be crucified? Crucifixion was such a regular event that I doubt seriously it drew crowds at that time.
It's just another little touch of the writer to try to convince people. Evidently it certainly seems successful with some.
The only early Gospel that does claim to be an eyewitness and even names that eye witness has no mention of miracles, vitgin births, crucifiction, resurrection, being God, etc. it simply a record of Jesus' sayings, parables and teachings. It is the Gospel of Thomas. It is solely for the afire mentioned omissions that the Roman Church of Constantiine's Paulinists left it out of the Bible.... It was too truthful.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420008 Nov 13, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did Pilate not even mention this?
Because Jesus was just one of thousands of seditionists (traitors) that Pilate had crucified. After the first hundred he probaby gave up trying to remember names.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#420009 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
..... If that's not a CHILD MOLESTER AND CHILD RAPER TALKING I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!!!
True. You don't know. It is a line from a popular song against child abuse.

You are a waste of the life God gave you.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#420012 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather slop your Mother. I heard that wild, crazy C*nt loves to be slopped.
Yeah but You probably heard that from your lying wife/sister knowledge the knob polisher but she has NO credibility when it comes to truth so that one just flew right over my head. You are losing ground vick. < no error< Go back to your articulate way of SCREAMING PIGS...it fit you better

Location hidden

#420014 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaah!!! I don't think so. I absolutely adore my parents. My father is a War Hero and my Mother is a saint who raised 7 boys and 2 girls. I come from a family of Irish War Heroes and could't be prouder of my roots. Unlike YOU who hates himself, hates his country, and hates his parents. Hell is real Wiggley, very real. Even more real than the Hell which already exists between your ears. I pity you damned old man..........I pity you.
Dang, STOP sounding so much like knowledge..THIS IS knowledge..where did the hubby go?? Did you make him go do the dishes so the PRO can finish what hubby is so sloppy at?

Location hidden

#420016 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I were, which of course I'm not, what does that make YOU for giving it to me by answering my posts??? GAME...SET...MATCH!!!!!!!!
SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
what is a SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA??? Did knowledge bite a little too hard there??

Location hidden

#420018 Nov 13, 2012
Viking wrote:
Okay........that's enough humiliation, intellectual
ass whipping and terror for one night.
!!!!!!!!!!GOOD NIGHT PIGS!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh come on..we didnt mean to humiliate you and whip you that hard...dont go away mad....Just go away. sorry we scared you

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#420021 Nov 13, 2012

#420022 Nov 13, 2012

#420023 Nov 13, 2012

#420024 Nov 13, 2012
Proof of the soul; no jesus required:

http://www.funpic.hu/en/categories/dogs/29470...

#420028 Nov 13, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the tip.
Grudges aren't worth the effort of holding on too long.
Unless it's "G_O_D" holding is pitiful loser's grudge aganist me. Don't take any tips from him; he has G_O_D-orrhea.

#420030 Nov 13, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing good. I hope you are as well. I am staying busy at work. We usually get about 60 dogs in for boarding during Thankgiving. I am not looking forward to all of that. Have a great day and TRY to stay warm.:)
Yeah, that holiday travel season is coming up; lots of pets will be coming in for boarding. At least they'll be healthy.

#420033 Nov 13, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
It is you who is desperate to ignore the questions I'm asking. You have no answers, so you dodge and deflect. You are desperate to impose your beliefs on me; you cannot, and it shakes and weakens your own faith. It make you question it, even if only for a moment.
Those moments add up.
Yes, you have bitten the dust once again.
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given the correct answers and I don't dodge and deflect.
Then why do you keep ignoring the timeline I keep pointing out?

Y'just don't want to face that, do you?
<quoted text>I give the complete information and not just the cut and dry answers you hope to get.
What I *hope* to get is HONEST answers. But from a "christian" like you? You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath.

Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? I strongly suspect the latter.

"Jesus" is the biggest fraud in human history.

#420035 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Well WN, I appreciate your comments. I don't have any goal to convert you or anyone else. My only purpose is to correct the erroneous information that is out there. In truth, I have no problem with Kaitlin as a person, or with her stance as an unbeliever. That's not the problem for me.
Then why do you go so far out of your way to convince me of otherwise?
<quoted text> The problem is the intellectual laziness involved in saying that Jesus never even existed.
There's no evidence of him. All the writings about him are based on an MYTHICAL FIGURE, AS I KEEP POINTING OUT.
<quoted text> If she admits that Jesus existed,
I have no reason to. The evidence points the other way. You don't like Archya's book, that's clear; she did exhaustive research, and I referred you to that bibliography. Your response was to claim that all of her sources--five pages worth--were wrong, and that you and yours are all correct. And then you accused *me* of playing "pigeon chess."

You obviously operate on a double-standard.
<quoted text> then that opens up a new can of worms with questions and answers that are difficult to discuss, let alone accept. If one does not wish to discuss these questions and answers, that's fine. That's free choice. But to sit there and say "Oh Jesus never even existed," is just a cowardly excuse to avoid the questions.
I showed you where your mythical jesus came from, and you continue to ignore it. You *will not* look at the timeline; yet you like to accuse me of "intellectual laziness."

Hypocrite.
<quoted text>I could totally and respectfully understand if she were to say something like:
"Yes, Jesus existed, yes he got beat up and crucified for challenging the Jewish religious leaders and Roman authority, but I don't think he was a deity or that he rose from the dead."
Translation: "I'd be so happy if that uppity 'atheist' would just shut the fuck up and accept my position." It ain't gonna happen.
<quoted text>I really could respect that honesty
It wouldn't be honest.
<quoted text>even though I would disagree with it from a historical and theological perspective. And the debate would be over if she didn't want to continue.
*You* are the one who wants to continue. You tell me to accept your word; I give evidence and reasons why I refuse, and you don't like it.

I think you're trying to convince *yourself* more than me. This shows the weakness of your own faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Darwins Stepchild 865,309
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 599,901
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 27 min REASHMA 7,503
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min dollarsbill 6,517
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min andet1987 6,313
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 42 min gasmtastet 15
Boobs 55 min gasmtastet 2
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ajanta 462
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 21 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web