“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417877 Nov 5, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Arent they adorable?
Yes they are, and I will never get a straight answer from simply said nor will anyone else.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417878 Nov 5, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. Damn you and your facts. How is a Fundie supposed to rut for Jesus when you have so many facts?
And now we know where he got his information. From another nut-job. Who woulda thunk it?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417879 Nov 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well make sure that you give him a price limit or you might have happen to you that happened to me yesterday. I took a homeless person to lunch. I thought 7 to 8 dollars at Subway would be plenty and I could afford that. I was so wrong...
She ordered the most expensive sandwich on the menu...not a six inch but the foot long. Then proceeded to order the largest drink that they had. I finally asked the clerk if I could go ahead and pay for it before she ordered more.$13 was her bill...I never even spend that much on my lunch!
So...give him a limit before you buy his lunch!
I do the ordering. That solves the problem.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#417880 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, I will assume that you post from sincerity, but ignorance. If your faith pulls each up, then go for it, but I do not think so. I learned drug counseling in college and then really learned. What I said was straight out of AA. I dismissed a friend for over a year, because he had a drug issue and it meant that the trouble would spill over. It is was the best thing for him, because he then had a friend in a different nondrug environment. I specifically addressed her testimony about overcoming drugs. Crack, is addictive, but the addict develops a certain mindset about lying and manipulation. I have seen many people simply replace one addiction with another one.
This thread was not intended for people who left Christianity, go back and read. It was intended as an open discussion directed at Christians, who remain as such. You may never hear my testimony, because most of you do not want to hear it. One of my best friends witnessed it, and saw for himself and what he saw was the cornerstone of his step towards salvation. I will stop here......because without your willingness to accept what God does and can do, it is fruitless to testify.
Sorry, you are confused, no one ever leaves Christianity, the church yes. I say no one, but it is possible, but when it happens one has ot purge himself of the Holy Spirit and he can never be redeemed. This person is like the demons who fell willingly.
I absolutely know and understand the message that I gave, and like I said it is straight from AA. You want to play games, that is your choice. When I was carnal and flesh I toed the line, but not anymore.
I took it to mean that addiction is powerful and most people do not do the work. When we become Christians, the most powerful ofrce in the universe enters us. It does not magically removes our old ways, mind and way of thinking. It takes work. I challenge you to go on a 7 day fast, no food, water and reading the Bible, that is it. Tame your flesh.
Your words would be suspicious to me, but I know that you likely have never been born again and born of the Holy Spirit with the evidence being the Nine gifts, the least of which is speaking in tongues. My advise to you is to consider that you are likely a fetus, never having been born again yet. Your words tell me this.
You think that God says to accept and love all manner of sin, and ot be silent regarding it. This is absolutely not what he said. Jesus called all unbelievers, children of the devil.
Christianity is just an enabler, that is why AA has no better success than "cold turkey." No faith based rehab has any success rate worthy of publishing, none. Your religion teaches people they are worthless and powerless, that they cannot control their behavior, that they have nothing to but hope the mythological deity will pity them.

Your god said to kill non-believers, and your Jesus said nothing of what you claim, if your book was at all accurate.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417881 Nov 5, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>You think that a 4,300 sq foot home is a dream home? Wow, get a better education. I know people with nuch larger and probably better home. Who cares? Well, I guess you do. You sound like a maid. I bet you think that every one works at Walmart or Denny's. I know lots of people, that only work when they are doing movies or producing them. Other people invest money or invest in real estate, so their investments doing the working. It is clear that you chose the wrong life.
First of all, I said 'your' dream home.

I don't care who you claim to know. It doesn't make it any more true than your claim of owning a 4300 sf home. It's just internet bragging which you never have to back up.

I find that most people who brag about what they have, have very little substance to them and tend to fantasize a lot.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#417883 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I will feed anyone who is hungry if I have the means to do so.
That said, sitting down and sharing a meal with someone is a mark of friendship, respect and often love. I will not sit and dine with anyone whom I do not respect, much less someone who has shown themselves to hate women as much as waassuup.
Feeding the hungry is a moral obligation. Enjoying a meal with someone is a choice.
To be honest I would sit and dine with him if he was in need of a meal and I could provide it. If in a face to face encounter he actually continued on as he has here, chances are I would simply get up walk away. As you said, it is a choice when it comes to enjoyment, but I do not personally see it as an obligation. As you know I am a mess in the kitchenÖthings tend to blowup when I cook, anyone willing to eatÖ.is always welcome ;O)
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417884 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> What in the world does this have to do with the days of Abraham? I truly have never ever been so saddened to see such ignorance as you display. You knew we were talking about in the days of Abraham's day so you attempt to twist thetruth again, but to no avail, you truly are a very evil malicious person.
now you have moved the goal posts. Another Christian twisting in the wind.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417885 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> You are hopeless.
This is what you do when you can't answer a question. Got it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417886 Nov 5, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>You sonet 50 years in church, which is evidence that your mind is not functional. Do you live off of social security?
Well, I must admit it wasn't as functional as it should have been or I would have left much sooner.

Do you think everyone who disagrees with you lives off social security? Do you think it is some sort of insult that some people live off the social security they paid for with every check earned? I don't. Many people I know live off social security and are good and intelligent people.

So for your attempted insults, you get nothing. People like you can't insult people who are rational. You can't make them as insecure as you appear to be.

So, you waste your time trying to insult me. But, happy evening to you anyway.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417887 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Your answer is easily disproved on any medical site.
Now what are you going to do? Are you going to deny that babies are circumcised soon after birth without bleeding to death because they have clotting factors AT BIRTH?
You are one indoctrinated, delusional man.
Nah, he just moved the goal posts when he was proven wrong. Suddenly babies have a different clotting factor than the one god wanted Abraham to murder.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417888 Nov 5, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that GRAAC here in this corner of Topix? Generally Regarded as a Christian?
Pretty much.

Most of my family and friends are Christians. They are nothing like the inbred, ignorant hateful people on Topix. Very few here are like my friends and family. You know who they are.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417889 Nov 5, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What is your objective basis for objective moral standards for all of humanity? <quoted text> God has acted in different ways at different times in history. That does not mean God has subjective morality as you assume. In the first palce, the Bible God provides life and takes life away. It is not murder or genocide when God does it. Those standards apply to us, not the Creator. I,m sure you know physical death as depicted in Scripture does not mean one ceases to exist. <quoted text> Bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. If it happened then God exists. <quoted text> Biblical Christians made ther same claim since the beginning. Christ resurrected. You either buy it or you do not.
<quoted text> No, we fail. You could patch in anything from a pink unicorn to a floating teapot and still make your same specious claims. Reviewing your argument:
<quoted text> Correct.
<quoted text> Disagree. Objective moral standards do not exist in nature and we are part of all that. Absent God, if they do not exist in nature they do not exist for us. Under that scenario all that really matters is who has the power. Not Science or anything else. Power is what matters. Those in power determine the rules.
<quoted text> Then where does your sense of right and wrong come from? These things are intuitive and most have a sense of right and wrong. Of injustice. There has to be a source. The source is God.
This is all your same mumbo jumbo. You have provided zero evidence for your claims. You fail.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417890 Nov 5, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I read the book years ago. You bought up PK Dick?
Sure, but your response was not relevant to the quote. Did you like the book?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417892 Nov 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Funny.
Christianity does make a person mindless at many things.
Unbelievably so.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417893 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of saying you thought it was a bad analgy you got defenive and attacked me.
I still find it a great analogy. The Rabbi suckig up the droplets of blood was the act in question, not circumcission itself. Calling that act pedophilia was antisemitic, hateful and a blatant lie.
Blood is so precious in Hassidic beliefs that if a Hassidic is killed in bllody accident the blood is cleaned up from the scene with white linen cloths so it can be buried with the deceased.
I called the act "kissing a booboo" yet it is so much more meaningful than that.
"Just because you can't hear the music doesn't give you the right to insult the dancers." Yiddish proverb
Gerry, you can just taste it right now, can't you?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417894 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>This is taken from http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...
Hahahaha!
Yeah, that was a failure.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417895 Nov 5, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I always buy it for them and give it to them. If they are hungry enough they will eat it.
I agree.

When my son was at Grady hospital, there were people begging in front of the hospital every time you went out. Someone stopped in front of a woman sitting to the left of me and told her he was hungry and asked for money. She explained that her fiance` had been in an accident and she had to travel from Mississippi on the bus to get to Atlanta. She told him she had peanut butter sandwiches and he was welcome to one. He told her very indignantly that he would not eat a peanut butter sandwich. Very calmly she said,'Then you aren't hungry'. I loved that!
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417896 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Well, would you type on a computer at home and say that you were bisexual?
At work? It is NSFW and not NSFH for a reason.

“My Karma Killed Your Dogma”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#417898 Nov 5, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ever read "Flowers for Algernon"?
*insert snark here*
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice insult..
You deserved it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417899 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I try my best not to blame dead saints for anything.
No thanks. I had pecan sandies earlier. Much better. I vote the churches start using them instead of unleavened, tasteless wafers.
Sandies.

Dang it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Freebird USA 176,344
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Liam 582,418
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min Good-Evil 2,937
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min KLUX 121,587
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 33 min Paul Porter1 176
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Catcher1 825,007
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 hr Naveen kumar 1,354
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,746
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web