Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#417756 Nov 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know this, it has only been told to you by other men.
"Simple medical fact"???
Okay - show me this medical fact that you think exists.
I'll wait.
And please don't post anything BUT this fact, because everything else besides this fact will be considered a diversion from your claim.
Thanks!
Look it up yourself, you're one lazy person. If I was you and I thank God I'm not I would want to do my own research to validate someone's answer, you do have a computer so go for it and by you doing it it should give you a sense of pride and accomplishment to find the answer and to find I was telling you the truth. You seem to not be able to see yourself whinning over something as simple as this.

Location hidden

#417757 Nov 5, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Psst. It's all made up. Every church claims to be the only true church. Why should yours be believed over the others?
Why because wouldn't you want to be going to the church where your soul can be saved, just read your bible and ir will tell you which is the true church, Try starting with Acts 1 through 3 and your answers will be found.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417758 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Look it up yourself, you're one lazy person. If I was you and I thank God I'm not I would want to do my own research to validate someone's answer, you do have a computer so go for it and by you doing it it should give you a sense of pride and accomplishment to find the answer and to find I was telling you the truth. You seem to not be able to see yourself whinning over something as simple as this.
Yep - diversion.

BTW preter....I did look it up, and you are incorrect and are only misleading others if you think it is accurate.

There is no medical fact concerning whatever you are promoting.

If this is the self-persecution you've been looking for, you've come to the right person.

Tell ya what - just answer the question and show you are intelligent, or I'll just consider you as uninformed as every other so-called "half-Christian" whom make unfounded, spurious claims and then shouts "go look it up yourself".

Put up or shut up.

Plain and simple - or don't make stupid unfounded claims that shows your ignorance towards a religion you tout so highly.

Location hidden

#417759 Nov 5, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Explain hermaphrodites. Explain sexual selection during embryonic development. Explain androgen concentrations in relation to sexual selection, and genital and brain development. Your god needs to know these things.
The term ďhermaphroditeĒ is applied to human beings who possess both male and female genitalia, however, this biological condition is very rare among humans. It's a deformity, cmon quit being stupid.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#417760 Nov 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You do it all the time. What's the phrase? "Cherry-picking." Pretty typical of you fundies.
Why do you pretend to be two different people here?
So she can have a friend to agree with her/him. His favorite term is "mocking" Gods Word. Even if its merely his/her own words. She stands on Gods Word instead of reading Gods Word..At least that what it says all the time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417761 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> You're acting so ignorant and foolish at the same time. grow up and use your brain. Purgatory is a made up myth by catholics, not Christians. The catholic religion is a false man made religion brought on by a few greedy people in the early centuries of the church who wanted to be known and the prestige that came along with it, so they sold out the church for self greed and now you have a catholic church who practices so far from the truth and are responsible for leading billions to eternal separation from God. One of the techniques they use is to tell people that they don't have the ability to read and understand the bible for there self and so they tell you they will do that for you. The Church of Christ is the only true church where one can go to be saved and I urge all to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized so you can be right in God's eyes. There is no other church that you can go and be saved, so once again I urge you to take heed.
Tell your church to advertise on their own. Topix charges for it. And if they need unlearned representatives like you, they are in deep doo-doo.

Location hidden

#417762 Nov 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Yep - diversion.
BTW preter....I did look it up, and you are incorrect and are only misleading others if you think it is accurate.
If this is the self-persecution you've been looking for, you've come to the right person.
Tell ya what - just answer the question and show you are intelligent, or I'll just consider you as uninformed as every other so-called "half-Christian" whom make unfounded, spurious claims and then shouts "go look it up yourself".
Put up or shut up.
Plain and simple - or don't make stupid unfounded claims that shows your ignorance towards a religion you tout so highly.
You got to be the laziest on here. Try asking someone who has a little medical knowledge or knows how to use a computer and you will see that I am right. It's not a hard research question by a long shot so look it up.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417763 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
Does anyone know why God picked a certain length of time before circumcising was to be done, as always God had a very good reason for waiting a certain amount of time, anybody know?
You still didn't answer the question of why God wouldn't have just made men so they wouldn't have had to have a torturous procedure done on them. Why don't you try answering that first?

Also, why did God command that he be brought these pieces of penis that had been cut off? That sound quite perverted to me and a lot of other rational people. I'm sure you have some dancing around these questions that you can do in an attempt to answer them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417764 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno...Does he live in palmdale?
I just realized that the reason he hadn't been here for a couple of days was because it was the weekend and he doesn't work weekends. He steals time from his boss all during the week to post on topix. Fundamentalist Christianity...doing what you want with no consequences until you get caught.

He has to be one of the least productive people at that company. If everyone at that company does as little as he does, they are probably not going to be open too much longer. As much time as he spends here, they could do away with his job altogether or split it up between several productive people.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417765 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you follow the same manual?
Every adherent to all 38,000+ sects of Christianity are convinced they are the 'true' Christians and that they alone have all the answers. Simply said just is more adamant about it.

He started a thread and was so thoroughly spanked that he left his own thread and never returned. Now he's here, bringing some of his 'friends' with him.

He will be thoroughly spanked again and run off to some other thread and invade it.

He does NOT obey Jesus' instructions on how to teach people. Jesus never said to convert anyone to a new religion. He taught the Torah and taught Jews only. He told his disciples not to go unto the gentiles to teach. One reason for that is that they were not Jewish and wouldn't understand the teachings. But John, Paul and others went ahead and put words in his mouth that were exactly opposite of what he said and therefore you have Christianity, popularized by Paul who had never met Jesus.

Jesus would be horrified at the things Simply said attributes to him. If he were alive, he'd probably do to simply said exactly what he did to the fig tree because the fruit he drops on people is rotten and not worth consumption.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417766 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah!
Never try ta have sex with a defibrillator!
So that didn't work for ya, huh?*LOL*

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417767 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, my friend...neither did Nazareth when jesus lived(as stated in Mark). NOONE was allowed to possess or read the "holy compilation" (or part thereof) for over 400 years excepting priests(Punishment was death).
You're pretending.

Location hidden

#417768 Nov 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Yep - diversion.
Put up or shut up.
Here's one of many places you could of gotten the answer, since you're this lazy this one is on me. On the eighth day, the amount of prothrombin present actually is elevated above one-hundred percent of normalóand is the only day in the maleís life in which this will be the case under normal conditions. If surgery is to be performed, day eight is the perfect day to do it. Vitamin K and prothrombin levels are at their peak. The chart below, patterned after one published by S.I. McMillen, M.D., in his book, None of These Diseases, portrays this in graphic form.

Location hidden

#417769 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You still didn't answer the question of why God wouldn't have just made men so they wouldn't have had to have a torturous procedure done on them. Why don't you try answering that first?
Also, why did God command that he be brought these pieces of penis that had been cut off? That sound quite perverted to me and a lot of other rational people. I'm sure you have some dancing around these questions that you can do in an attempt to answer them.
Why are you acting so stupid for by asking useless questions.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417770 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. try again.
Nobody but you silly fundies gives a darn what you make up to cover up for your God's misdeeds.

Some priest figured out that infections were prevelent in men because of that little extra piece of skin and then told everyone they had to remove it because it was God's will. Nobody would have done such a thing if the priest had simply said 'The reason your penis is rotting off is because you don't pull the skin back and wash it', so they had to make it God's will that it be done. Also,there was no soap to actually wash it with. They had herbs etc but that doesn't really clean it.

AT least the priest who figured it out knew that and tried to find a way to overcome it. But we are now in the 21st century and know that soap and water is a wonderful thing. Use it correctly and your penis won't fall off from infection.

Of course, there are some who will continue to believe it's God's will no matter what. That's because they are cretins.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#417771 Nov 5, 2012
Lol ...ya'll funny, talking bout boobs and foreskins.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417772 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> No, Christians don't believe anything except what the bible says. Purgatory and everything else the catholic church has come up with have no authority from God at all. God never authorized a pope or purgatory or Peter being a pope because he was never a pope to start with. The catholic religion is a complete lie and can be proven to be by reading the bible as the catholic priests hope you don,t do, so they can keep you believing a lie. The Church of Christ is the only church of the bible, the only church. churches of Christ listed in New Testament as in existence during apostles' life
Jerusalem - Acts 1:36-47; 6:1; 8:1-4
Judea and Samaria - Acts 1:8; 8:5; 9:31
Uttermost parts of the earth - Acts 1:8
Gentiles added to the church - Acts 10, 11, 15
Antioch - Acts 11:19-24
Asia Minor
Paul's first missionary journey: Acts 13:1-28
Paul's second journey: Acts 15:36--16:5 (Macedonian call)
Europe
Paul's third journey: Acts 18:23--21:8
Rome - Romans 1:1-7
Corinth - 1 Cor. 1:1-2; 2 Cor. 1:1-2
churches of Galatia - Gal. 1:1-2
Ephesus - Eph. 1:1-2
Philippi - Phil. 1:1-2
Colossae - Col. 1:1-2
Thessalonica - 1 Thes. 1:1-2; 2 Thes. 1:1-2
churches in private homes - 1 Cor. 16:18; Col. 4:16, etc.
seven churches of Asia - Rev. 1:10--3:32
Thus, overwhelming evidence exists in scripture to prove that the church foreseen by the prophets and promised by Jesus actually started in Acts 2 in Jerusalem and spread throughout the Roman Empire and beyond in New Testament times. Yet, as the New Testament ends, not a single denomination existed!
However, the Holy Spirit testified that the Lord's church would become divided, that apostasy (a great falling away from the faith) would occur. The apostle Paul warned the Ephesian elders that such division would come (Acts 20:17-31).
Forces of division were already at work in Corinth during Paul's lifetime (1 Cor. 1:10-13). The Holy Spirit expressly testified about a "departure" from the faith (1 Tim. 4:1-6; 2 Tim. 4:1-4). The apostle John warned of those who, though in the church, were not satisfied with the truth but who placed themselves above the truth (the Gnostic heresy)- 1 John 1; 2 John 9-11; 3 John 9. Satan was at work to combat the church by creating division among believers. This division remains to this day, growing worse as more denominations are formed.
Your church, no matter how hard you try to deny it, was not recognized as a distinct new Christian sect until 1906. Your interpretation says it is based on the 'original' church. There is no such thing as the original church. Every disciple went out and taught as they each understood the teachings, basically making the first 10 of the now 38,000+ sects of Christianity.

You have no idea what Jesus actually taught because you are admonished not to read the other writings attributed to him during his time as an itinerant Rabbi.

Your church is no more valid than any other Christian church. You claim to live under the new covenant but use the OT when you can't find any other way to condemn others for their actions or what you see as 'sin'.

We have been through all this before, Simply said. You can continue to believe as you please. That's a Constitutional right. Trying to force others to believe it is also covered under the Constitution. But you rarely find anyone now that will believe as your church teaches because you are all so sure that all other Christians are going to hell. All those other Christians are sure that you are. It's laughable to say that only one Christian church is the 'right' one. It's also laughable to see some of the things you print here as reasoning for your church being the only correct one.

You were never able to answer questions on your own, with your own knowledge of the Bible, on your own thread. I don't see that you have made any improvement on that.

Advertise all you like. It will do you no good and you actuallly harm your church when you post.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#417773 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I just realized that the reason he hadn't been here for a couple of days was because it was the weekend and he doesn't work weekends. He steals time from his boss all during the week to post on topix. Fundamentalist Christianity...doing what you want with no consequences until you get caught.
He has to be one of the least productive people at that company. If everyone at that company does as little as he does, they are probably not going to be open too much longer. As much time as he spends here, they could do away with his job altogether or split it up between several productive people.
My bet is that he has a computer at home but won't use it on Topix at home because his wife and children might capture his "other" side.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417774 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> To allow for the body to develop the clotting ability which can take up to five to seven days.
You actually believe this?

Babies are now tested right after they are born to see if they have any blood clotting disorder. If they do not, then they have all the blood clotting factors they need. If they do have a blood clotting disorder, 5 to 7 days will not make any difference.

Talk about delusional!
Huh

Dallas, TX

#417775 Nov 5, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hello birdbrain...
please can you challenge this properly...point by point verse by verse..Thank you.
Here is something that stares right in the faces of many and yet they don't "see" it.
- Jesus himself has given the correct name to the first POPE - "SATAN".
Matthew 16:23
New International Version (©1984)
JESUS turned and said to PETER, "Get BEHIND ME, SATAN! YOU ARE A STUMBLING BLOCK TO ME; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
New Living Translation (©2007)
JESUS turned to PETER and said, "GET AWAY FROM ME, SATAN! YOU ARE A DANGEROUS TRAP TO ME. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God's."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But he(JESUS) turned, and said unto PETER, GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN: THOU ART AN OFFENCE UNTO ME: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
We really ought to reflect on this.
Pope represents nothing of Jesus - the cross (of gold and precious stones), luxury life style, luxury clothing/food, palaces, the statues, the blood drinking and flesh eating, the banks immersed in usury/corruption, the backstabbing and more).
So what does he represent?
Ahh.....the answer was given by Jesus: SATAN!!!!
Now we know what is happening...
Assuming Jesus existed...
Jesus the simple man of God on one side....and Paul/Church and Pope on the other side.
The Church cannot survive if it challenges Paul's claim to gentiles.
But again we have the answers in the Gospels.
Jesus came only for the JEWS. He was born as one, lived among them, "died" among them & "buried" among them!!
Jesus did not make an effort to reach out to the gentiles in a way a person who was sent to gentiles would do.
How can then he suddenly change his mind after becoming a "raised" Christ.
Church- Paul- Pope......Agents of Satan.
When people realise this, they will be getting closer to God.
Why should the Jews deny Paul? They won't. If they deny Paul, then Jesus was right!! They don't want Jesus to be right!
Back to same point...if folks accept Jesus as Prophet and pray to One God, they may be called Muslims...oh no....we can't have that, can we?!!!
Yes. Point by point.

Ask yourself this simple question: Why, when you read the Bible, are you not left in awe? Why doesn't a book written by an omniscient being leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight? Wouldn't you expect the author to tell us things that scientists have not been able to discover yet?

Yet, when we open the Bible and actually read it, we find it is nothing like that at all. Instead of leaving us in awe, it leaves us dumbfounded by all of the nonsense and backwardness that it contains. If you read what the Bible actually says, you find that the Bible is ridiculous. The examples shown above barely scratch the surface of the Bible's numerous problems. If we are honest with ourselves, it is obvious that an "all-knowing" God had absolutely nothing to do with this book.

The reason why the Bible contains so much nonsense is because God is imaginary. The Bible is a book written thousands of years ago by primitive men. A book that advocates senseless murder, slavery and the oppression of women has no place in our society today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min KayMarie 573,482
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min truth 608,069
Do women like male butts? How do I know if I ha... (Oct '11) 13 min But ter 56
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min KiMare 97,839
Tamilan history 19 min My name is Ashok ... 2
angka toto malaysia di jamin tembus (Aug '14) 29 min muhammad 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Lumajuice 808,343
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 268,743
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 14 hr same 199
More from around the web