Why Iím no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#417621 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>No matter how many times you compare yourself to Jesus, you aren't anything like him.
You're just a Jackass for Jesus.
LOL! blessings, my child:)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#417622 Nov 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoughtful and considerate Christians of my experience are welcome everywhere.
They are also as scarce as bison.
Hey DoC, its good to read you! I hope all is well on your side of the pond my friend. Its been an interesting read the last week or so. I am learning a lot about socksÖ.Got to tell you, I miss the old discussions.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417623 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Between you and WN that is what I took out of your comments.
Kate said a lot more but she just looks for an excuse to bash me.
My stance was that both breastfeeding and circumcission are uneeded in most cases in modern civilivations.
Is breastfeeding abusive ? NO
Is circumcission abusive ? IMHO yes.
Is breastfeeding pedophilia ? NO
Is the Hassidic bloodsucking ritual pedophilia ? NO
Which of the above are you, WN and Mac arguing with me about ?
Breast feeding....it is if the kid is three or four years old. Common once a kid gets teeth, they are on their own. The mother should be charged with insanity, and abuse, and being a pedophile, in this day and age.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#417624 Nov 5, 2012
Phoibos Apollon wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a common misunderstanding. There is no hate. Hate is an emotion. Jesus brings as little emotion to unbelievers as any fictional character. Okay he is no good, torturing and all that, but he is fiction. We do not hate Lex Luther, the Joker, there is not emotional attachment.
I still remember the day this first dawned to me. For days my little daughter had said to me and my wife: Santa Claus does not exist, the other children say so. And we had kept saying. They are wrong, he does exist.
But as she kept going on and on about it and it seemed she was the last one to believe in Santa and being laughed at by other children, I finally said: Okay it is true, Santa does not exist.
I will never forget. In stead of being satisfied, she burst out in tears and said: AND JESUS IS A LIE TOO! I was not prepared for that, but I weakly said: no, no, Jesus is real. But she was so hurt and slammed the door of her room shut, you are liars, she cried.
When I spoke the words, they felt like lies. Then it hit me. Why would Jesus be true and Santa not? They are both stories I was made to believe. Once I had fiercely believed in Santa too. How could I tell my daughter in all honesty it was more?
That day I destroyed my daughters belief, and she destroyed mine.
The honesty of a child is the greatest thing in this world.
It opened my eyes.
Whether she believes in Jesus today or not, I do not know, we never talked about the subject again. I could not lie about it, nor would I risk hurting her feelings again.
Without belief, it is simply lies.
I have no desire to destroy other peoples belief. But I will not lie to please them either. If they want to push their belief, I will tell them it is lies, just a story made by man.
But hate? Hate does not come into the picture.
---- Just passing by ----
"Why would Jesus be true and Santa not?"

make no mistake about it, you'll be responsible with your life to fully comprehend your own question.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417625 Nov 5, 2012
common come on*

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417626 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
He enjoys pissing you off, and he does it quite well.:)
Why did you go to college just to use a pooper scooper? ;)
Why did you spend your life with reprobate human beings? Each person chooses a career. Some are humane...like vet assistants. Some are positions chosen by those hungry for power over other human beings..like working in a prison as an authority figure. You figure out which is the most loving and giving.

While officers are needed in prison, people who take care of animals almost always have more compassion and understanding than prison guards. It's just that simple. And you prove it to be true by remarks like the one above.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417627 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> If this is true, see an attorney. Get together will all other employees who have been 'cheated' out of time and sue them. Otherwise, you're just running your mouth.
Retired. But I have seen it way too many times. You evidently don't stop running your mouth...even when no one is on to respond to you. Huh......;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417628 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>You must take grace for a fool. I mentioned the name calling of G_O_D, Grace and Kaitlin, and your condoning is particiapting. Besides, there are many ways to call names and to attack. I will post to the snidery and childish taunts.
Another one who thinks they are The Only True Christian, and God to boot, doing the judging.

I'm always happy for the entertainment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417629 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stand to be around Christians. Most Christians don't like you, because you change the meaning of the word of God. You sup with the ones who blaspheme God, you protect them, you are one with the witches...... I feel the same way... glad we could clear that up, enough said.
No, most Christians don't like her because she actually tries to follow the teachings of the one you claim to believe in. They see, in some way, the inadequacy of their own representation of that deity, and lash out at her and others who actually do try to abide by the teachings.

You're jealous that people on both sides like her. That's because you secretly wish you could be more like her. You can. But you refuse to.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417630 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to lie then get it straight. I live in a 4300 sq ft house, no maid and I don't call it a mansion. I also said the master was the size of most apartments as in one.
So, you are either a liar and have a devil inside. I also said that the maid was in Bangladesh and it came with $200 per month rent.
I bet you could sell enough cocaine for that or lay on your back and collect enough rent.$200 dollars Grace, that would just be 10 trips on your back.
Ah, another of knowledge's socks. Same comments, different name.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417631 Nov 5, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot. Jesus was well before all roman doctrine. When Contanstine took hold...he combined paganism with christianity. History proves this...the 600 Catholic volumes of doctrine proves this too. You really must get a seditive...take a month off before returning..........FOOOOll.
I have to say once again, that fundies never know how they sound to those outside their cult. It isn't pretty.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417633 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>WHY ARE YOU ASKING A QUESTION,THEN TRYING TO ANSWER IT. I suppose that your question is consumed with your problems and issues. I am certain that if a drug addict were here we would be posting about drug addiction and trestment centers for them.
How come when a Christian posts Lev. 18, which is in regards to 13 verse of incest and one about homosexuality, you single out homosexuality? You sound like a bigot.
What about 1 Corinthians 7:2, it is about fornication, but you single out homsoexuality. You sound like a bigot.
Romans 1:24-28. so many sins, so many, but you single out homosexuality. You sound like a bigot.
Also, the issue is same sex marriage, so why do you call it gay marriage and ignore all the other same sex marriages? You sound like a bigot.
So, why are you only defending homosexuality. Are you gay?
Why don't we start all over. You first. Tell us why you are no longer a Christian and are therefore on a thread for people who are no longer Christians.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417635 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Something sure is not right with her. She stands up for sin, and tells these guys they are all going to heaven that sin will not keep them from going to heaven. Only unbelief. She believes there is only a one time repentance, and that even the commandments is under the old law. The Christians are sinning living under the old law and only she with her grace will be able to live free without sin, even when she sins, because God, knows and understands, that she is going to sin. That is her philosophy, on grace/Grace. She hates the Christians and only she can be friends with the nonbelievers, because somehow in her warped mind she can only be trusted. We the Christians judge everyone, by telling them sin is not going in......and giving scriptures about hell, is judging and mean. Good luck getting through to her, we have been at it for months.....she cherry picks the Bible and will not digest it all. She is leading everyone she encounters to hell, that does not know the word...
I love the back-stabbings perpetrated by fundie Christians on another Christian. It makes me know for sure that my decision to leave organized Christianity was a brilliant stroke!

Have fun in your 'better-than-thou' hypocrisy, talking to yourself through a sock. Too bad that's the only way you can get anyone to agree with you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417636 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it does, so according to you, Grace is a bigger fool, since that is what you say. Really, you think that the Bible does not make mention of pedophilia being wrong.
Here is the deal, when I show you that the Bible explictly does saY it is wrong. It will not say the word pedophilia, since the word is new, but it will explicitly forbid it, then you will LEAVE TOPIX FOREVER.
Since you can't pray people off this thread, you have now decided to try and make deals with them to get them to leave?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#417637 Nov 5, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you claim gays *choose* to be gay... Care to explain how?
may i try, hon?

i think homosexuality is a combo of choice and addiction, similar to all sins. the ways we get hooked into different sins are: exposure, entertaining the temptation and then embracing the behavior. this can happen as early as we begin to think:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417638 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to lie then get it straight. I live in a 4300 sq ft house, no maid and I don't call it a mansion. I also said the master was the size of most apartments as in one.
So, you are either a liar and have a devil inside. I also said that the maid was in Bangladesh and it came with $200 per month rent.
I bet you could sell enough cocaine for that or lay on your back and collect enough rent.$200 dollars Grace, that would just be 10 trips on your back.
We've seen claims like this made many times. I realize your dream is to live in a 4300 sf house. That's a great dream. But don't try to convince anyone that a person who owns such a house has time to be on Topix as much as you are, maid or no maid.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417639 Nov 5, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
may i try, hon?
i think homosexuality is a combo of choice and addiction, similar to all sins. the ways we get hooked into different sins are: exposure, entertaining the temptation and then embracing the behavior. this can happen as early as we begin to think:)
Do tell.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#417640 Nov 5, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
may i try, hon?
Sounds just like the subtle indoctrination of religion when you put it like that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417641 Nov 5, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>Is this link enough for your evil. When you promote evil then you are evil. Maybe, you could as a retard to help you with a name or two? I am in for Grace and you doing 3 hits of crack or sleeping with 3 men. Whoever gets to 3 first wins.
This is fundamentalist Christianity. Who wants it?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417642 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Between you and WN that is what I took out of your comments.
Then you took out of them what you want and not what was said. I can't speak to WN's posts but I know that none of what you have accused me of saying...I said.

I don't recall WN saying any of those things either but I admit...at some point I quit reading the argument since it was getting any of us anywhere...except to further a divide.
Kate said a lot more but she just looks for an excuse to bash me.
I am not responsible for what Kate said to you. Nor should you hold me responsible. She and I have different styles of discussion.
My stance was that both breastfeeding and circumcission are uneeded in most cases in modern civilivations.
Is breastfeeding abusive ? NO
Is circumcission abusive ? IMHO yes.
Is breastfeeding pedophilia ? NO
Is the Hassidic bloodsucking ritual pedophilia ? NO
Which of the above are you, WN and Mac arguing with me about ?
I am not arguing with you about any of them.

I was never involved in the pedophilia argument...never expressed my opinions about circumcisions.

Again I won't speak for WN nor for Mac. Their topic of conversation with you is just that..theirs.

The point that I was trying to make with you is that book knowledge is one thing...experience is another. One of them on their own does not make anyone superior to another. No...I do not have the book knowledge that you possess concerning breastfeeding...you on the other hand do not posses the hands on experience that I have.

This whole discussion was not a big issue with me until you started name-calling and trying to make me out to be an ignorant fool...dishonest...a liar...and all those other things that you said. All over a simple difference of opinion...even if it was a little heated.

"G"...you have taken this way further than it ever needed to be. I am in a way saddened by that fact...you and I used to be able to discuss...even when we didn't agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 841,826
Beautiful Contemporary Instumental NEW AGE MUSI... 4 min giddy up 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 271,482
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 591,388
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 min WasteWater 5,870
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 25 min WasteWater 4,796
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min WasteWater 100,212
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Truths 612,282
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web