Why I’m no longer a Christian

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#417604 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
He enjoys pissing you off, and he does it quite well.:)
Why did you go to college just to use a pooper scooper? ;)
the ugliness of a christurd for all too see.

why did you go to college, just to babysit adults?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#417605 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You act like you're not guilty of sin. You act like you are Jesus himself.
That alone has to be a bigger sin than homosexuality, even in your irrational world.
Homosexuality is not a sin. It is how someone was born. If your God is mad about it, he has himself to thank for it.
You're acting so shamefully ignorant as you know that a person isn't born gay, they are born male or female, birth certificates are of male and female. Homosexuality is a learned sexual behaviour. And you know very well that being gay is a sin which the bible tells us and if that's not enough proof look around you and you will see people who are doing everything they can to stop this sinful behaviour throughout the world. There not doing this for no reason.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417606 Nov 5, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so what's your hypothesis regarding the origin of Christianity?
The origin of Christianity was actually the teachings of an itinerant Rabbi known today as Jesus.

Even in the beginning, there were people teaching entirely different concepts of his teachings. Along came Paul, fell off his ass, had a vision and VOILA!, the Christianity of Paul the deceiver. Then along comes Constantine and tells the priests to get their act together because the warring Christian sects were upsetting his dominion of the lands he had conquered. Then VOILA!, you have the trinity and many other teachings that Jesus never taught and would be appalled to find out people were preaching as his idea.

THAT, my dear, is the origin of the teachings you have. And you don't even have all of Jesus' teachings, just the one the catholic church wanted you to have. You've been taught by those 'above' you that you are not to read the rest of his words as they are were not canonized by the catholic church under the supervision of a political leader.

Hope the history lesson helped you understand the history of the religion you claim to follow but about which you evidently know nothing.

The Bible is not a history book. It is a book (of books) telling you what ancient goat herders told their tribes in order to keep control of them. Then, a church that was given power by Constantine to be the 'only' source of Christian dogma. You're still following that and don't even realize it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417607 Nov 5, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Hebrew tribal leaders did, but Christianity was not about that. None of the 12 disciples sought political power. They rejected it.
The disciples all fought for their particular understanding of Jesus' teachings to be THE belief system. They fought for that power just as your preacher does today.

You're fooling yourself if you think any differently.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417608 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You thought G was an idiot atheist until he took on someone you didn't like and all of a sudden he became your hero.
Can you say 'hypocrisy'?
I don't agree with anything that he says about Christianity, at all.
I do however agree with him about you all being total idiots. It is women like you and a few others that make me ashamed to be a woman. He is not my hero, but he has been the quite entertainer, of manipulating you and a few of the other women on this thread....LOL He does have a right to his own opinion about you and some of the others. He doesn't like me, but I don't care, there is your problem, you do. Would you like for the thread to give a moment of silence for all those women who breast fed their babies, and want recognition for it. Sorry, but it is a personal choice, as dog said, and why you are all arguing about it is trivial. We do have formula that is better than breast milk, if a woman does not stay in good health and watch her diet, no drinking and no smoking ....But many do not want to buy the formula they are just to lazy to prepare the bottles they would rather plop the boob out instead of work, and prepare the bottles. Then there are just some who wants attention, so they can go to a public place and plop out the boobs just to make others feel uneasy. Then cry my rights.......then woops they are getting all the attention instead of the baby. Or better yet for the mom who wants to get off their assignment to go and use the breast pump after her kids is way over a year old. This way she can make a law suit and cry discrimination. Bull Crap! There are women who do breast feed and they don't make a scene, and does not cause problems in the work place and demand, demand, demand.....People don't get paid to breast feed their kids at work, or use a breast pump on someone elses dime, nor make another person have to do their job while they are taking care of things for their homelife. If they want to work out, use formula. My opinion.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417609 Nov 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
25??? I would have trouble coming up with that many names! LOL
We need to start an office pool...how many new ones will show up in a day! Winner takes all.
I am in tomorrow for 3...
I'm going 2. I think they'll limit it because you said 3.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#417610 Nov 5, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
For you "Religious Nuts" who claim to KNOW the Bible and swear that the KJV is the TRUTH. King James I, among his many other faults, preferred young boys to adult women. He was a flaming homosexual. His activities in that regard have been recorded in numerous books and public records; so much so, that there is no room for debate on the subject. The King was queer.
The very people who use the King James Bible today would be the first ones to throw such a deviant out of the congregations.
All excerpts from Global Insights.
funny that 'ey!

not to mention it is an incomplete book [of lies]
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417611 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> The end result of sin is death, separation from God. All sex sin is sin period.
I agree that all sin is sin, and it leads to death, as you said. But, reprobate was used in that passage, for that specific sin for a reason, not enough information on that, I wish the Bible would have provided us with more.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417612 Nov 5, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
i do like the curvy clear acrylic furniture that came out in the 70's.
Here is a site that you might enjoy LS. About half way down the page is a color chart. The names of those colors so fit the times...such as "draft card", "war weary" and "age of youth"...so hippie sounding!

At the bottom of the page is a link back to the 60s.

Fun site to bring back memories...good and bad!

http://www.retroplanet.com/blog/retro-design/...

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#417613 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> .......Being gay or lyimg will get you a place in hell,.........
not if you ask your [fake] god for forgiveness and pay a little extra on your STAY OUT OF HELL INSURANCE premium on sundays.

otherwise all you christurds here on topix are in for a rude awakening!!!!!!!!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#417614 Nov 5, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not very nice waaasssuuup.
At least she WORKS. Some people CAN but WONT. Please just be nice and if she wants you to leave her alone, Please honor her wishes
hi grace, hon:)

kait & i go way back and once in a while i give her a tiny bit back of what she gives me, mainly just so she understands that i'm no push-over dork. is that okay with you?;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417615 Nov 5, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still a thousand times smarter than you.
Everyone is smarter than others in some respects. Education only has a small part in it unless you're an astrophysicist or something.

'Smart' is sometimes just street smarts. Sometimes it's knowing how to be a good parent, what works..what doesn't. Sometimes it's just comes from being the gender you are.

It's when we come to think that we are smarter than *everyone* around us that the problem is ours, not theirs.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417616 Nov 5, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
the ugliness of a christurd for all too see.
why did you go to college, just to babysit adults?
The money, benefits, holidays and a great retirement....But yet, that is what you do. You help those women who are angry with their spouses and then turn around and go right back to them....I am sure you have seen it over and over. Yours was/is no different. Babysitting. But mine came with all those benefits. Kait ran my down first, she is just getting what she puts out. Such ugliness for a nonharrychrisnaturd to see.;) Like your new name?......

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#417617 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>They have always been bigoted, misogynistic, self-sanctified haters. That's all they have been.
You agree with them because they hate women almost as much as you do. You all think that women are good for nothing except sex and having your babies, cleaning your houses, washing your nasty underwear, and cooking your meals. None of you have a compassionate or wise. None of you believe in equality for ALL human beings.
ALL HUMAN BEINGS, who you claim God created. Did your God mess up so bad and have so little control of his creations that he has to have people like you and the far right wing-nuts to try to correct his mistakes?
God doesn't hate anyone. Only people like you hate other human beings because they are different than you...and according to your Bible, just as your God made them.
i'll be that your broad statements and bigotry seem somehow less bigoted than other peoples bigotry.....it's truly a mystery!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417618 Nov 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that you meant WN and I.
This is what I am talking about "G". I never said nor implied that you were a misogynist. I never said nor implied that you hated women.
Between you and WN that is what I took out of your comments.

Kate said a lot more but she just looks for an excuse to bash me.

My stance was that both breastfeeding and circumcission are uneeded in most cases in modern civilivations.

Is breastfeeding abusive ? NO
Is circumcission abusive ? IMHO yes.
Is breastfeeding pedophilia ? NO
Is the Hassidic bloodsucking ritual pedophilia ? NO

Which of the above are you, WN and Mac arguing with me about ?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417620 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
When you work for the state it doesn't work that way, not in IL. You can request an early out, or time off, but if there is not enough people who showed up for work, they mandate the other shift. Noone gets off or gets an early out. You can use a personal day, to be safe, but most do that for the holidays. Prisons don't close, all assignments have to be filled. It is not like working in a clothing store, or an office job, or a hospital. All required job assignments can not be left unwatched. IT would be a breach of security, for the prison and the public. Everyone knows that security jobs in Illinois have worked on skeleton crews since the state is broke, just enough people to cover those jobs.It has been that way for years. Hoping for a new governor next time. It is good pay, and a good retirement. The one hour not paid, is what ASCME settled for making time and a half and double time on the holidays, sick time, and vacation days....it all worked out. Getting use to midnight shift had nothing to do with it.....getting use to time change from the last few years, on the "day" after. Anyway thanks for your concern. It really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing how much "REALLY" care .;)
If this is true, see an attorney. Get together will all other employees who have been 'cheated' out of time and sue them. Otherwise, you're just running your mouth.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#417621 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>No matter how many times you compare yourself to Jesus, you aren't anything like him.
You're just a Jackass for Jesus.
LOL! blessings, my child:)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#417622 Nov 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoughtful and considerate Christians of my experience are welcome everywhere.
They are also as scarce as bison.
Hey DoC, its good to read you! I hope all is well on your side of the pond my friend. Its been an interesting read the last week or so. I am learning a lot about socks….Got to tell you, I miss the old discussions.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417623 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Between you and WN that is what I took out of your comments.
Kate said a lot more but she just looks for an excuse to bash me.
My stance was that both breastfeeding and circumcission are uneeded in most cases in modern civilivations.
Is breastfeeding abusive ? NO
Is circumcission abusive ? IMHO yes.
Is breastfeeding pedophilia ? NO
Is the Hassidic bloodsucking ritual pedophilia ? NO
Which of the above are you, WN and Mac arguing with me about ?
Breast feeding....it is if the kid is three or four years old. Common once a kid gets teeth, they are on their own. The mother should be charged with insanity, and abuse, and being a pedophile, in this day and age.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#417624 Nov 5, 2012
Phoibos Apollon wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a common misunderstanding. There is no hate. Hate is an emotion. Jesus brings as little emotion to unbelievers as any fictional character. Okay he is no good, torturing and all that, but he is fiction. We do not hate Lex Luther, the Joker, there is not emotional attachment.
I still remember the day this first dawned to me. For days my little daughter had said to me and my wife: Santa Claus does not exist, the other children say so. And we had kept saying. They are wrong, he does exist.
But as she kept going on and on about it and it seemed she was the last one to believe in Santa and being laughed at by other children, I finally said: Okay it is true, Santa does not exist.
I will never forget. In stead of being satisfied, she burst out in tears and said: AND JESUS IS A LIE TOO! I was not prepared for that, but I weakly said: no, no, Jesus is real. But she was so hurt and slammed the door of her room shut, you are liars, she cried.
When I spoke the words, they felt like lies. Then it hit me. Why would Jesus be true and Santa not? They are both stories I was made to believe. Once I had fiercely believed in Santa too. How could I tell my daughter in all honesty it was more?
That day I destroyed my daughters belief, and she destroyed mine.
The honesty of a child is the greatest thing in this world.
It opened my eyes.
Whether she believes in Jesus today or not, I do not know, we never talked about the subject again. I could not lie about it, nor would I risk hurting her feelings again.
Without belief, it is simply lies.
I have no desire to destroy other peoples belief. But I will not lie to please them either. If they want to push their belief, I will tell them it is lies, just a story made by man.
But hate? Hate does not come into the picture.
---- Just passing by ----
"Why would Jesus be true and Santa not?"

make no mistake about it, you'll be responsible with your life to fully comprehend your own question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 7 min SouthernBelle 53
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min Mr Wiggley 965
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min It aint necessari... 854,697
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min The swamiji 7,335
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 19 min Johnny 505
Japanese Asian Outcall Massage Tower Hill or Ch... (Dec '14) 31 min mirabellamassage 2
arabic fonts for photoshop cs5 myegy 48 min ahmadwael 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 596,228
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,610
More from around the web