“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417668 Nov 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
How is breast-feeding "barbaric?"
Do you know what barbaric means ?

"possessing or characteristic of a cultural level more complex than primitive savagery but less sophisticated than advanced civilization."

Feel free to wipe your hands with your bare fingers, too, it is quite natural for hominids.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417669 Nov 5, 2012
ooops. make that "wipe your ass" ^^^^

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417670 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you claimed I basically have no clue about breastfeeding because I am not a woman.
The issue at hand had nothing to do with the experience of breast feeeding at all. Why you brought it up was only to counter my research in the matter.
I wasn't saying you are stupid. I am saying your emotional and cultural opinion sheds no light on the biological aspects of lactation and child development. No more than taking a piss makes one a urologist.
It was brought up because YOU compared it to the religious rite of circumcision. It would never have been thought of if you hadn't mentioned it first! Get a grip, G.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417671 Nov 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how anyone can compare circumcision (ouch!) to breast-feeding. I just don't get it.
Neither did any of us, especially the women.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417672 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"possessing or characteristic of a cultural level more complex than primitive savagery but less sophisticated than advanced civilization."
Feel free to wipe your hands with your bare fingers, too, it is quite natural for hominids.
'Advanced civilization', ie medicine, still says it's the most beneficial for a child. Are you going to now do hours of research to prove them incorrect as well?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417673 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, when was breast feeding ever considered 'savagery' and when did it become 'less sophisticated' than an advanced civilization.

Maybe you can drum up some actual studies that prove it's less sophisticated as a method of nourishment than feeding a child something from a can which contains elements that you wouldn't feed to your cat.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#417674 Nov 5, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
not if you ask your [fake] god for forgiveness and pay a little extra on your STAY OUT OF HELL INSURANCE premium on sundays.
otherwise all you christurds here on topix are in for a rude awakening!!!!!!!!!!
You're acting so ignorant and foolish at the same time. grow up and use your brain. Purgatory is a made up myth by catholics, not Christians. The catholic religion is a false man made religion brought on by a few greedy people in the early centuries of the church who wanted to be known and the prestige that came along with it, so they sold out the church for self greed and now you have a catholic church who practices so far from the truth and are responsible for leading billions to eternal separation from God. One of the techniques they use is to tell people that they don't have the ability to read and understand the bible for there self and so they tell you they will do that for you. The Church of Christ is the only true church where one can go to be saved and I urge all to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized so you can be right in God's eyes. There is no other church that you can go and be saved, so once again I urge you to take heed.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#417675 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Not just two, more like 6 or 7 different people here, 4 of whom he claims is his husband.
Isn't that illegal in most states?(sadly).

Location hidden

#417676 Nov 5, 2012
Does anyone know why God picked a certain length of time before circumcising was to be done, as always God had a very good reason for waiting a certain amount of time, anybody know?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417677 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you claimed I basically have no clue about breastfeeding because I am not a woman.
The issue at hand had nothing to do with the experience of breast feeeding at all. Why you brought it up was only to counter my research in the matter.
I wasn't saying you are stupid. I am saying your emotional and cultural opinion sheds no light on the biological aspects of lactation and child development. No more than taking a piss makes one a urologist.
Okay...whatever "G". At the time that I posted...I didn't even know about this research...but in your mind...I was just trying to destroy you.

This is an open forum where people can contribute their thoughts on any subject. There are no requirements that you have to be a rocket scientist. My opinions whether based on emotional or cultural are just as valid as anyone elses.

This is not a classroom setting "G". It is a group of people that have gathered to discuss a variety of different subjects...even some that are off-topic. People contribute to them based on their own experiences.

Despite what you might want you can not control the manner in which people contribute. If you consider the actual topic of this thread..."Why I Am No Longer A Christian"...I think that you will find that a lot of the reasons were just that...emotional...cultural... experience. Yes some of put in a lot of research to come to that point...but at the end of the day..."emotion" played a big role in that decision.

These threads were designed for all of us to participate in...not just those with 3 degrees. Having said that...it has become apparent that my level of education does not meet your requirements for conversation. So I see no sense to continue to try and discuss with you about this issue or any other.

I do not hate you nor even dislike you...however I have come to not enjoy trying to discuss with you. I think that we both can find people not only on this thread but on the whole of Topix that will better suit us both. I didn't join Topix to spend my time here arguing. I enjoy the exchange of opinions...even when I don't agree with them.

So...once again...

Hope you are having a great day.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#417678 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
Does anyone know why God picked a certain length of time before circumcising was to be done, as always God had a very good reason for waiting a certain amount of time, anybody know?
Because the period of time was what humans thought God would want it to be.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417679 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, when was breast feeding ever considered 'savagery' and when did it become 'less sophisticated' than an advanced civilization.
Maybe you can drum up some actual studies that prove it's less sophisticated as a method of nourishment than feeding a child something from a can which contains elements that you wouldn't feed to your cat.
I read somewhere once...if you can pronounce it or don't know what it is...don't put it in your body...that fairly well eliminates most processed foods!

It tried to go all natural once...for a few minutes...found out I would have to spend all my time in the kitchen.

I settled for trying to limit it instead.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#417680 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't it, though? Wonder when wassuupp began to think about it. He claims to be bisexual, so he must know when he started thinking girls were nice but boys are sexy.
I dunno...Does he live in palmdale?

Location hidden

#417681 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> You're acting so ignorant and foolish at the same time. grow up and use your brain. Purgatory is a made up myth by catholics, not Christians. The catholic religion is a false man made religion brought on by a few greedy people in the early centuries of the church who wanted to be known and the prestige that came along with it, so they sold out the church for self greed and now you have a catholic church who practices so far from the truth and are responsible for leading billions to eternal separation from God. One of the techniques they use is to tell people that they don't have the ability to read and understand the bible for there self and so they tell you they will do that for you. The Church of Christ is the only true church where one can go to be saved and I urge all to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized so you can be right in God's eyes. There is no other church that you can go and be saved, so once again I urge you to take heed.
Don't you follow the same manual?

Location hidden

#417682 Nov 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read somewhere once...if you can pronounce it or don't know what it is...don't put it in your body...that fairly well eliminates most processed foods!
It tried to go all natural once...for a few minutes...found out I would have to spend all my time in the kitchen.
I settled for trying to limit it instead.
Yeah!
Never try ta have sex with a defibrillator!

Location hidden

#417683 Nov 5, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the period of time was what humans thought God would want it to be.
Wrong. try again.

Location hidden

#417684 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you follow the same manual?
No, Christians don't believe anything except what the bible says. Purgatory and everything else the catholic church has come up with have no authority from God at all. God never authorized a pope or purgatory or Peter being a pope because he was never a pope to start with. The catholic religion is a complete lie and can be proven to be by reading the bible as the catholic priests hope you don,t do, so they can keep you believing a lie. The Church of Christ is the only church of the bible, the only church. churches of Christ listed in New Testament as in existence during apostles' life
Jerusalem - Acts 1:36-47; 6:1; 8:1-4
Judea and Samaria - Acts 1:8; 8:5; 9:31
Uttermost parts of the earth - Acts 1:8
Gentiles added to the church - Acts 10, 11, 15
Antioch - Acts 11:19-24
Asia Minor
Paul's first missionary journey: Acts 13:1-28
Paul's second journey: Acts 15:36--16:5 (Macedonian call)
Europe
Paul's third journey: Acts 18:23--21:8
Rome - Romans 1:1-7
Corinth - 1 Cor. 1:1-2; 2 Cor. 1:1-2
churches of Galatia - Gal. 1:1-2
Ephesus - Eph. 1:1-2
Philippi - Phil. 1:1-2
Colossae - Col. 1:1-2
Thessalonica - 1 Thes. 1:1-2; 2 Thes. 1:1-2
churches in private homes - 1 Cor. 16:18; Col. 4:16, etc.
seven churches of Asia - Rev. 1:10--3:32

Thus, overwhelming evidence exists in scripture to prove that the church foreseen by the prophets and promised by Jesus actually started in Acts 2 in Jerusalem and spread throughout the Roman Empire and beyond in New Testament times. Yet, as the New Testament ends, not a single denomination existed!

However, the Holy Spirit testified that the Lord's church would become divided, that apostasy (a great falling away from the faith) would occur. The apostle Paul warned the Ephesian elders that such division would come (Acts 20:17-31).

Forces of division were already at work in Corinth during Paul's lifetime (1 Cor. 1:10-13). The Holy Spirit expressly testified about a "departure" from the faith (1 Tim. 4:1-6; 2 Tim. 4:1-4). The apostle John warned of those who, though in the church, were not satisfied with the truth but who placed themselves above the truth (the Gnostic heresy)- 1 John 1; 2 John 9-11; 3 John 9. Satan was at work to combat the church by creating division among believers. This division remains to this day, growing worse as more denominations are formed.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#417685 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. try again.
Ok, I'll bite (talmud pun intended) why did "god" allow for a certain amount of time to pass before allowing slicing and dicing?

Location hidden

#417686 Nov 5, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'll bite (talmud pun intended) why did "god" allow for a certain amount of time to pass before allowing slicing and dicing?
To allow for the body to develop the clotting ability which can take up to five to seven days.

Location hidden

#417687 Nov 5, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> No, Christians don't believe anything except what the bible says. Purgatory and everything else the catholic church has come up with have no authority from God at all. God never authorized a pope or purgatory or Peter being a pope because he was never a pope to start with. The catholic religion is a complete lie and can be proven to be by reading the bible as the catholic priests hope you don,t do, so they can keep you believing a lie. The Church of Christ is the only church of the bible, the only church. churches of Christ listed in New Testament as in existence during apostles' life
Jerusalem - Acts 1:36-47; 6:1; 8:1-4
Judea and Samaria - Acts 1:8; 8:5; 9:31
Uttermost parts of the earth - Acts 1:8
Gentiles added to the church - Acts 10, 11, 15
Antioch - Acts 11:19-24
Asia Minor
Paul's first missionary journey: Acts 13:1-28
Paul's second journey: Acts 15:36--16:5 (Macedonian call)
Europe
Paul's third journey: Acts 18:23--21:8
Rome - Romans 1:1-7
Corinth - 1 Cor. 1:1-2; 2 Cor. 1:1-2
churches of Galatia - Gal. 1:1-2
Ephesus - Eph. 1:1-2
Philippi - Phil. 1:1-2
Colossae - Col. 1:1-2
Thessalonica - 1 Thes. 1:1-2; 2 Thes. 1:1-2
churches in private homes - 1 Cor. 16:18; Col. 4:16, etc.
seven churches of Asia - Rev. 1:10--3:32
Thus, overwhelming evidence exists in scripture to prove that the church foreseen by the prophets and promised by Jesus actually started in Acts 2 in Jerusalem and spread throughout the Roman Empire and beyond in New Testament times. Yet, as the New Testament ends, not a single denomination existed!
However, the Holy Spirit testified that the Lord's church would become divided, that apostasy (a great falling away from the faith) would occur. The apostle Paul warned the Ephesian elders that such division would come (Acts 20:17-31).
Forces of division were already at work in Corinth during Paul's lifetime (1 Cor. 1:10-13). The Holy Spirit expressly testified about a "departure" from the faith (1 Tim. 4:1-6; 2 Tim. 4:1-4). The apostle John warned of those who, though in the church, were not satisfied with the truth but who placed themselves above the truth (the Gnostic heresy)- 1 John 1; 2 John 9-11; 3 John 9. Satan was at work to combat the church by creating division among believers. This division remains to this day, growing worse as more denominations are formed.
I agree with some of your post.

Who do believe actually wrote the NT...when...why...
Who compiled it?---The catholic church under the auspices of the papacy(Caesarian Roman Elite).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,321
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min nanoanomaly 981,316
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 53 min Bongo 104,726
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web