Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417647 Nov 5, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you speak...dumb tool. Yes he did...He brought catholics to life and they rule you dumb tool....
Now THIS is funny. None of you ever know when someone is being sarcastic.

Constantine did not found the Roman empire, silly.

This is how we tell a fundie from a non-fundie and it's always entertaining.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417648 Nov 5, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell.
You know...I started to ask him to expand upon that...then thought...nooooo...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#417649 Nov 5, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
What purpose is served by maliciously sending someone there for the "heinous" crime of disbelief?
Disbelief isn't the crime. Arrogance and rejection in the face of clear evidence is what gets us disqualified from being in the presence of God. Here's a story that may help you understand.

Exclusive Chili

Think of it as if you and I are walking down a road on a cold, dark, gray day. We're miles from civilization. We pass by a house that looks ancient, but a hint of smoke from the chimney tells us that somebody lives there, or at least exists. We don't need to see the person to make a reasonable assumption that somebody has started the fireplace or furnace, etc, etc.

Now let's further suppose that a mile down the road, we meet a simple looking fellow walking the opposite direction. We ask the man where we might find an inn, and a warm meal. He points back towards the way we came. He says, "My father's house is a mile back. You must have passed by. Come with me, and he'll give you a wonderful warm meal, and a warm, dry room to sleep in." So we ask somewhat cynically, "What's the catch?" The young man says, "There is no catch. We just ask that you follow the rules on our land, and tell everyone we have the best chili you'll ever taste, and you'll always have a warm place to stay. But you have to follow me. I'll vouch for you in my father's home."

Now imagine that you think your aunt Gertrude (or whomever) makes the best chili. You're offended that somebody else is claiming the best chili ever made. So you Kaitlin, being the strongly opinionated person that you are, tell him to "Piss off! My aunt's chili is the best ever, and I wouldn't want to stay anyplace where I have to follow rules to get a decent bowl of chili that's probably not as good as my aunt Gertie's chili!" So the young man shrugs and says, "Okay, fine suit yourself, but if you change your mind, you know where to find us."

You decide to go down the road, while I turn and follow the young man to his father's house. I'm open-minded enough to give this chili a try. Who knows? It just might be the best ever. And hey, I get a warm place to sleep. What is there to lose?

A few hours later, it starts raining, and the temp drops rapidly. It's dark. You're cold, wet, miserable, lonely. You want to feel warmth. You want to feel nourished. You want to feel rested. So you turn and walk back down the road. You come to a fork that you hadn't noticed in the dark because you were so angry about everything else, and now you're going even further from the nice warm house with the best chili ever made.

Don't you deserve what you're going through? You've done it to yourself. You haven't been told you're not welcome. It was you who rejected the invitation over false pride in something you can't claim as your own to begin with; your aunt Gertie's chili.

This is how I view the issue of eternal punishment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417650 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I am teling the truth and can prove it. Oh Wait! I already did.
You can't prove a single one of your stories.
Why would she need to prove her religious beliefs to you or anyone else? Do you feel the need to prove your beliefs to anonymous people on an internet site? If you do, then you are insecure. That's the whole of it.

This is just like feeling the need to prove your status of intelligence, wealth, or anything else. It's not necessary except to those who are insecure.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#417651 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I am teling the truth and can prove it. Oh Wait! I already did.
You can't prove a single one of your stories.
Offering proof of anything on Topix is like offering proof of one's own divinity; easily claimed, impossible to prove.

I find Kaitlin's attitude to be arrogant and frequently downright rude--she definitely needs to work on her presentation skills--but I rarely disagree with her. She was right when she pointed out in your own source that you claimed Raven Grimassi "invented" stregeria in 1980, when in reality he -popularized- it in the mid-1980s.

You need to learn a little bit of grace yourself in admitting when you are wrong, or that you lied.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#417652 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian would never have posted something against God's word the Bible. Push on demoniac, have nothing else to say to you...
You do it all the time. What's the phrase? "Cherry-picking." Pretty typical of you fundies.

Why do you pretend to be two different people here?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417653 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
These people mostly have been Christians. Grown adults. Sin is sin and it is not going in. That is why we strive to be Christ like, but when we mess up we dust ourselves off, and repent and try again. we all sin. The difference is the nonbelievers are not under Grace, they will go to hell if they die tonight. I can live with that, I warned them, you did not. You will be the reason they went to hell, you tell them it is okay to sin. Push on demoniac...your viles are spilling over. I am not babying the devil that lives inside you, anymore.
You're not striving nearly hard enough.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#417654 Nov 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with circumcission, millions of people don't.
You have no problem with breast feeding, millions of people do.
Your are biased and top big a coward or too stupid to admit it.
I find both practices barbaric.
How is that trivializing it ?
Quit trying to kiss WN's ass and get honest.
How is breast-feeding "barbaric?"

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417655 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Breast feeding....it is if the kid is three or four years old. Common once a kid gets teeth, they are on their own. The mother should be charged with insanity, and abuse, and being a pedophile, in this day and age.
That is only your cultural opinion.

Have studied Congolese tribes where the breastfeeding continues upto seven years old. Very good survival reasons for soing so.

Let me know when you are going to the Congo for missionary work. I will give you some clues so you won't end up with a spear for a hat.
endtime

AOL

#417656 Nov 5, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417657 Nov 5, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian would never have posted something against God's word the Bible. Push on demoniac, have nothing else to say to you...
'Demoniac'....waaasssuupp's favorite saying.

By the way..where is waassuupp? Too hard keeping up with all the socks?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#417658 Nov 5, 2012
Peace is Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the thing, you merely prove the fact that homosexuality makes poeple mentally ill and weak, nothing more. That's the beautiful thing, because your gayness is also making you retarded and weaker. Look at your mom and dad, you hate both, which is why you hate you.
How is peace "truth?"

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417659 Nov 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
How is breast-feeding "barbaric?"
It was compared to the circumcision rite where the priest cuts off a portion of skin from the penis and then puts the baby's penis in his mouth to stop the blood flow. I didn't think it was a good analogy, but got lessons on how evil breast feeding is anyway.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#417660 Nov 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The point that I was trying to make with you is that book knowledge is one thing...experience is another.....
Yet you claimed I basically have no clue about breastfeeding because I am not a woman.

The issue at hand had nothing to do with the experience of breast feeeding at all. Why you brought it up was only to counter my research in the matter.

I wasn't saying you are stupid. I am saying your emotional and cultural opinion sheds no light on the biological aspects of lactation and child development. No more than taking a piss makes one a urologist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417661 Nov 5, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
may i try, hon?
i think homosexuality is a combo of choice and addiction, similar to all sins. the ways we get hooked into different sins are: exposure, entertaining the temptation and then embracing the behavior. this can happen as early as we begin to think:)
Ah..speak of the devil.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#417662 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It was compared to the circumcision rite where the priest cuts off a portion of skin from the penis and then puts the baby's penis in his mouth to stop the blood flow. I didn't think it was a good analogy, but got lessons on how evil breast feeding is anyway.
I don't understand how anyone can compare circumcision (ouch!) to breast-feeding. I just don't get it.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#417663 Nov 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a con man's manual, that is why it's useless
It makes you angry, mad, irritable, annoying, worried, desperate, slanderous , and bitterly hateful. Seems to be very useful in keeping you struggling, especially with your lying bigotry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417664 Nov 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds just like the subtle indoctrination of religion when you put it like that.
Doesn't it, though? Wonder when wassuupp began to think about it. He claims to be bisexual, so he must know when he started thinking girls were nice but boys are sexy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#417665 Nov 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It was compared to the circumcision rite where the priest cuts off a portion of skin from the penis and then puts the baby's penis in his mouth to stop the blood flow. I didn't think it was a good analogy, but got lessons on how evil breast feeding is anyway.
So I hate women and think breastfeeding is a sin.

Care to tell any more lies ?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417666 Nov 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You do it all the time. What's the phrase? "Cherry-picking." Pretty typical of you fundies.
Why do you pretend to be two different people here?
Not just two, more like 6 or 7 different people here, 4 of whom he claims is his husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 99,745
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dogs breath 286,433
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Michael 670,182
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 4 hr The Guy 1
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 5 hr Sky Writer 31 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 184,260
The cosmic comedian is scott alan harrold copyr... 7 hr scottaharrold 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Joe Fortuna 980,042
More from around the web