Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417386 Nov 4, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> If it has nothing to do with a woman's body, why did you make the comparison....
<quoted text>
She knows more about it than *you* do, asshole. Kinda like the same way I know more about my family's tradition of Stregheria than you do.
You really do hate uppity women who are more intellilgent than you are, don't you? Poor baby.
Stregheria was invented in 1980.

Cupid stunt!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#417387 Nov 4, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Are you claiming an objective moral standard? <quoted text> No red herring. It is a legitimate consequence of atheism, since men determine who has the right to live or die.
<quoted text> Seems you forget the 20th century there Einstein. You would ignore all the atrocities under atheistic regimes to fixate on other religious crimes. If there is no God then it does nopt really make a difference the reason since it is men in power who determines who has rights.
<quoted text> It is the ones in power who determine right and wrong. Again you have no objective basis under your atheism to validate any of your moral claims.
Firstly, I am not atheist. I just can not believe in the deity presented in your 66 books...for obvious reasons.
I will repeat...Civilized society is striving to create a benevolent system of human rights and behavior. Those regimes and religions contributing to Atrocity will eventually be purged if they continue in their actions. Your deities actions are undesirable in that morality. The transition to world peace and cooperation is deterred by archaic religious views ...not just your religion...all religions need to reconsider their position in civilization if they wish to survive.
We have been in the "dark ages" long enough.
Why do you think your churches attendance and properties are depleting?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417388 Nov 4, 2012
Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you call name calling childish and then divert from all the name callers like G_O_D, Kaitlin, and Grace Walker to name a few. Do you think that Grace Walker, G_O_D, Kaitlin, and you are childish for your acts of name calling?
LOL You must not have been around the last few days.

Oh...and please link me to a post where I have called anyone a name. I will take a look at it and if I participated in name calling...then I was childish.

I will wait for the link.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417389 Nov 4, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I realize that. Christianity was founded as a result of Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection.
Incorrect.

But thanks for playing.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417390 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
....I honestly do not know why so many Christians zero in on homosexuality....
Fascination?

Location hidden

#417391 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...and please link me to a post where I have called anyone a name. I will take a look at it and if I participated in name calling...then I was childish.
Rose-the-odors is just another palmdale rodeo sockpuppet, just like liebuster.....There are about 25 of them now ..

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#417392 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie,
I have never seen a post where you were rude to anyone. I really havent commented much to you, However, I enjoy reading your post. You have always been very civil and polite even when others are cruel to you. I should learn from you. I usually try to hold my tounge from name calling but when it comes to lord haha and knowledge, I just give up on trying to be nice to them. It never works..at least not for me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417393 Nov 4, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
G_O_D:
I did not respond to your post because I understood the context in which you used the word.
My main reason for disliking it is when it is used in a derogatory fashion, giving some people, especially our younger, untaught ones, the notion that to be mentally retarded is something to be ashamed of.
In the 1960's, children who were retarded were put into institutions,( on the advice of Doctors, Pastors, and other family members ), and were forgotten. Many lie in unmarked graves, after living shortened lives of sheer hell and torture. I am glad this has ended.
"B" endured some discrimination and verbal/physical abuse in school, yet maintained his dignity, strength, and kindness. Eventually, even his abusers came to understand that he was just a kid like they were, he just learned things at a slower speed.
I hope this ends this. I enjoy reading your posts, even when I do not agree with them, and hope to continue to have open discussions with you.
Blessings,
MWD
You might rethink that. I am alleged to be a lying, stupid, woman hating Christian now. LOL

I know what you meant. Thanks.

Location hidden

#417394 Nov 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose-the-odors is just another palmdale rodeo sockpuppet, just like liebuster.....There are about 25 of them now ..
Hi BT..I just went to "Why Atheism Requires As Must Faith As Religion" and read enough from Rose to easily identify that one..You are probably correct...He is BACCCKKKK,,LOL

This one lives in a Mansion with maids and a master bedroom the size of 2 apartments...something like 4200 sq,ft home with sound proof walls and so much more garbage...lol really hiarious stuff from this sock..

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#417395 Nov 4, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
dog is not a Christian,
Yes he is. He believes in a "historical" jesus, which I proved is based on the mythological one.

Piss off.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#417396 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
For control over the tribe. What better claim for power than to "speak for God?"
<quoted text>
They didn't want control.
Ancient Hebrew tribal leaders didn't want control over their tribes??

Try again.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#417397 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
I always remember a funny story.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You stating you were the first female Navy Seal is one of them. LOL
You must think everyone on this thread are idiots.....LOL
I was being sarcastic, shit-for-brains. Your new boyfriend "god" claims to have all kinds of degrees; I can claim to be the Navy's first female SEAL with *equal* validity.

Think about it, I DARE you.

Location hidden

#417398 Nov 4, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
But thanks for playing.
Okay, so what's your hypothesis regarding the origin of Christianity?

Location hidden

#417399 Nov 4, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT..I just went to "Why Atheism Requires As Must Faith As Religion" and read enough from Rose to easily identify that one..You are probably correct...He is BACCCKKKK,,LOL
This one lives in a Mansion with maids and a master bedroom the size of 2 apartments...something like 4200 sq,ft home with sound proof walls and so much more garbage...lol really hiarious stuff from this sock..
I know it. It's like watching the muppets or fraggle rock!...On the flip side of the coin...LOL!

Location hidden

#417401 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
For control over the tribe. What better claim for power than to "speak for God?"
<quoted text>
Ancient Hebrew tribal leaders didn't want control over their tribes??
Try again.
Ancient Hebrew tribal leaders did, but Christianity was not about that. None of the 12 disciples sought political power. They rejected it.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#417402 Nov 4, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
No silly, How does calling him a ho make me a prostitute and/or a theif? What does it make you when you call somebody a stupid name? Geez knowledge, grow up! Which is it going to be with you. First you call me a con and then you say that I was lying about ever being in prison ALL in ONE sentence..haha. Please make up your mind about what I am or was. You seem to know all about me. Which is it ho's wifey????
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
A con is also used in reference to a deceiver, or a liar.
You know all about that, don't you? But in your case, practice has yet to make perfect. I know you'll keep trying.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#417403 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
It's called "research." Try it some time.
<quoted text>
Can you name your sources for your own research?
Graves, Kersey,“The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviour,” University Books, 1971;

Higgins, Godfrey, Esq.,“Anacalypsis,” A&B Books, 1992;

Lockhar, Doublas,“Jesus the Heretic,” Element, 1997;

Graham, Loyd,“Deceptions and Myths jof the Bible,” Citadel, 1991;

Walker, Barbara,“The Woman’s Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets,” Harper, 1983;

Doane, T.W.,“Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions,” Health Research, 1985;

Mead, GRS,“Did Jesus Live 100 BD?” Health Research, 1965;

Blavatsky, Helena,“Isis Unveiled” and “The Secret Doctrine,” Theosophical University Press, 1988;

Larson, Martin A.,“The Story of Christian Origins,” Village, 1977;

Churchward, Albert,“The Origin and Evolution of Religion”;

Helms, Randel,“Gospel Fictions,” Prometheus Books, 1988…

Topix character limits prevent me from posting the entire list.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417404 Nov 4, 2012
Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascination?
It appears that way.

Is our friend CJ on a vacation? I have missed him...he looks good in turquoise!:-)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#417405 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Only to your own satisfaction, which doesn't cut it.
Have fun with the rest of them.
<quoted text>
Kaitlin, I'm not worried about my own satisfaction. Playing to my own ego is not something I'm interested in. Others may do so, but I refuse to.
I'm interested in what you can offer as a scholarly rebuttal to the points I make. You seem to relish an intellectual challenge, as do I.
Let me ask *you* something:

What is the purpose of eternal damnation?

What *true purpose* does it serve? Does it actually teach a lesson? Does an all-compassionate, all-knowing and all-understanding god actually have a lesson plan in mind for the one who's burning, or does he really just say, "You had your chance and you blew it; tough shit, amigo, no forgiveness for your disbelief," while murderers, rapists and child molesters who "repent" on their death-beds get a free ride into Paradise?

Or is it just an onerous and oppressive punishment dealt out by a petulant, petty and insecure god? One that is obviously more immature human than divine?

A god like that does not exist in my Circle. Neither does its son.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417406 Nov 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
25??? I would have trouble coming up with that many names! LOL

We need to start an office pool...how many new ones will show up in a day! Winner takes all.

I am in tomorrow for 3...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 110,673
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 51 min Drumpf Disaster 253
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 58 min Marie 478
Why does shopping feel so good? 1 hr humble brother 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 2 hr stirringYTube 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,907
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,773
More from around the web