|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I should have known...you cheated!
I know...I thought "Holy crap" too...right after I hit enter!
I read nothing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Very weak defense..You gained an hour. Admit it.
Some people cannot admit making a simple mistake. It's like everything they believe in will fall apart if the say 'Oops!' and laugh it off.

There are times when all of us have made errors. Those who are responsible adults with a sense of humor can laugh at our own mistakes and very often, learn from them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You..I love this qoute. God isn't looking for Behavior Modification..He is looking for Heart Trasformation.. The wisdom behind that is.. GOD knew that once our hearts were transformed..Everything else will follow the heart. Grace and Peace to you
Wouldn't it stand to reason that with a 'heart transformation' there would be behavior modification?

Some of the people here who claim to have been 'transformed' when they became a Christian certainly do not _appear_ to have transformed.

When one is transformed, they are changed. Jesus said put off the old man and put on the new. THAT is transformation. I don't see transformation of heart as still doing the same things to try to hurt others as you did before having a 'heart transformation'.

Somewhow, I see it exactly as Jesus said it. But I think I'm one of the few non-Christians on Topix who actually knows what Jesus said, much less has ever tried to live by it.

I fail miserably at times. I admit that. But I'm much closer than some of his most ardent adherents on this thread and many others. I don't wish anyone, not anyone, ill. I don't want bad things to happen to bad people. I want them to find something that will make them feel loved, worthwhile and happy. I think that's the real difference in transformation. You don't have to like someone. All you have to do is care enough about them to want good things to happen to them regardless of what has been said or done by that person.

If you are truly transformed, you will not try to do God's job of judgment for him. You'll know it's covered. You won't need to feel superior to others as you will realize that however much you try to live a good and moral life, you will fail at times just like the person you're judging and saying will go to hell for eternity.

You won't have any need to deny others the same rights you claim, as if you are sure of the power of your God, you will know that those things will be taken care of, too. You don't have to see it in your lifetime to know that.

So I think some people are very low on faith that God will do his job of judgment. They want God to do it on their terms, when they want it done, and as harshly as they would do it themselves. That is NOT a transformation of heart. That is going forward in even a worse way than when they were the ones who were judged!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...I am strange...but your post reminded me of this one...yes...another 1970's song...yes...I still have a long way to go but I am on that journey to 2012! At least in this mind of mine! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9qEEtkuBkEIXX
LOVE this song. Always have. We should all get in musical mode and 'Don't worry, be happy!'

How could you not be happy watching Robin Williams?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Some people cannot admit making a simple mistake. It's like everything they believe in will fall apart if the say 'Oops!' and laugh it off.
There are times when all of us have made errors. Those who are responsible adults with a sense of humor can laugh at our own mistakes and very often, learn from them.
Absolutely WN...We all make mistakes and nobody is exempt from doing so. There are some who define themselves according to their education without realizing this..Diane F. Halpern, a psychologist and past-president of the American Psychological Association (APA), wrote in her essay contribution to Why Smart People Can Be So Stupid that in general, we recognize people as intelligent if they have some combination of these achievements (1) good grades in school; (2) a high level of education; (3) a responsible, complex job; (4) some other recognition of being intelligent, such as winning prestigious awards or earning a large salary; (5) the ability to read complex text with good comprehension; (6) solve difficult and novel problems.

Throughout my research and in the early phases of this article, I came across many definitions of the word intelligence. Some were long, some were short. Some I couldn't even understand. The definition that is most prevalent is the one created by the APA which is:

the ability to adapt to one's environment, and learn from one's mistakes.

That sums up intelligence to me..:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Work midnights like I did, you work an extra hour, and you don't get paid for it. You work nine hours not eight. Will take me a few years to get use to this. The last few years I lost and hour. Only a person who has or does work the graveyard shift knows what that is. Many things to get use too your first year in retirement, it sure is nice...Thanks for your concern tho, I slept very good......LOL ;)_
This still does not mean that you lost an hour. It only means you lost an hour's pay.

Why is it that you can't just admit that you made a mistake and laugh it off? Would it bring your whole world crumbling down around you to admit you made a very common error?

All of us make mistakes. People who are not afraid of being wrong can admit those errors. Why are you and other fundamentalist Christians so afraid of admitting an error? No matter how slight the error is, you don't seem to have what it takes just to be truthful and say you made a mistake and laugh about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Wouldn't it stand to reason that with a 'heart transformation' there would be behavior modification?
Some of the people here who claim to have been 'transformed' when they became a Christian certainly do not _appear_ to have transformed.
When one is transformed, they are changed. Jesus said put off the old man and put on the new. THAT is transformation. I don't see transformation of heart as still doing the same things to try to hurt others as you did before having a 'heart transformation'.
Somewhow, I see it exactly as Jesus said it. But I think I'm one of the few non-Christians on Topix who actually knows what Jesus said, much less has ever tried to live by it.
I fail miserably at times. I admit that. But I'm much closer than some of his most ardent adherents on this thread and many others. I don't wish anyone, not anyone, ill. I don't want bad things to happen to bad people. I want them to find something that will make them feel loved, worthwhile and happy. I think that's the real difference in transformation. You don't have to like someone. All you have to do is care enough about them to want good things to happen to them regardless of what has been said or done by that person.
If you are truly transformed, you will not try to do God's job of judgment for him. You'll know it's covered. You won't need to feel superior to others as you will realize that however much you try to live a good and moral life, you will fail at times just like the person you're judging and saying will go to hell for eternity.
You won't have any need to deny others the same rights you claim, as if you are sure of the power of your God, you will know that those things will be taken care of, too. You don't have to see it in your lifetime to know that.
So I think some people are very low on faith that God will do his job of judgment. They want God to do it on their terms, when they want it done, and as harshly as they would do it themselves. That is NOT a transformation of heart. That is going forward in even a worse way than when they were the ones who were judged!
BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN..That is what I have been trying to say. My heart was transformed and my behavior followed. I changed my mindset. When our hearts are transformed we develop new desires. We desire what is good, pure, wholesome and love others as God loves us. Heart transformation leads to behavior modification. Thoses who strive for their own goodness by trying to earn their salvation by their "good works" or their own ablilities of following a set
of rules usually leads to frustration and failure. Yes, We still mess up and we most likely always will, However, Without a heart transformation, We will never see our own mistakes and continue pointing out the mistakes of others. Those are the one's who are considered "Self Righteous" by Jesus Himself. WN..You understand more about Jesus then a lot of proclaiming Christians on here do..IMHO. Thanks for posting and being open,honest and true..

ďDo not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.Ė Romans 12:1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Then I guess God himself (as his son) must not have been inspired in his teachings, as they are in direct opposition to what Paul taught. If you think Paul was inspired by God, that pretty much leaves Jesus out in the cold.
I don't hate God. I am not ignorant of the Bible. I do not believe in the Bible as a holy book in any way, but that does not equal hate.
What equals hate is your attitude toward everyone who does not believe as you do.
I would suggest you do some reading outside the Bible. You can start with scientific articles on homosexuality. That should open your eyes a little bit.
And you could read the story of Ryan White. If that doesn't melt your heart, nothing will.
Love is the cure, not hate.
If your child committed a sin would you hate him, of course not Neither do I hate gays, I hate the sin they commit, just like you hate it when your child disobeys. The penalty for your son may be he doesn't get to watch tv for a week, where being gay carries an eternal punishment. I do not condone hatred towards gays or anybody. We show love in hopes they will change there way.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the breast feeding conversation has run it's course...I am beyond that stage in life!
Can't believe that I am posting this but...what the hell!
Please no one else read beyond this point!:-(
I personally would like to see this be the next topic that we are educated about...
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealthtopi...
Vaginal Douching - To Douche or Not to Douche - The Douche Debate Continues
Yes...I know...I am being a smartass this morning! I think I need to go for my walk...
Sorry...don't have a clue as to how this relates to "Why I Am No Longer A Christian"...some how...there has to be a tie in.
Being a non-doucher and a non-Christian have nothing in common. But I am sure someone will figure out something to say that connects the two, and probably in the nastiest, most odoriferous (via typing!:)) manner possible. I just hope they don't mistake 'odoriferous' with 'maloderous'.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Saint Augustine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
<quoted text>
Holy crap!
I mean, can I look yet?
Only if you're not afraid of learning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>LOVE this song. Always have. We should all get in musical mode and 'Don't worry, be happy!'
How could you not be happy watching Robin Williams?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d-diB65scQUXX
ave you evr heard this sweet little girl ing this one?? Ths wil surley put a smile oyour face..Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Sorry for the errors..My keyboard sometimes get stuck. Having to pound on the "I" to get it to work but i believe you can understand..LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely WN...We all make mistakes and nobody is exempt from doing so. There are some who define themselves according to their education without realizing this..Diane F. Halpern, a psychologist and past-president of the American Psychological Association (APA), wrote in her essay contribution to Why Smart People Can Be So Stupid that in general, we recognize people as intelligent if they have some combination of these achievements (1) good grades in school; (2) a high level of education; (3) a responsible, complex job; (4) some other recognition of being intelligent, such as winning prestigious awards or earning a large salary; (5) the ability to read complex text with good comprehension; (6) solve difficult and novel problems.
Throughout my research and in the early phases of this article, I came across many definitions of the word intelligence. Some were long, some were short. Some I couldn't even understand. The definition that is most prevalent is the one created by the APA which is:
the ability to adapt to one's environment, and learn from one's mistakes.
That sums up intelligence to me..:)
I like that. And I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If your child committed a sin would you hate him, of course not Neither do I hate gays, I hate the sin they commit, just like you hate it when your child disobeys. The penalty for your son may be he doesn't get to watch tv for a week, where being gay carries an eternal punishment. I do not condone hatred towards gays or anybody. We show love in hopes they will change there way.
How do you change the sin in your own life? To only point at one type of sin such a "homosexual sin" is like trying to justify your own sin. In Gods eyes, A lie is equally as bad as homosexuality. Adultry is still adultry even if it is committed from the heart. So HOW do you keep yourself from the same punishment? At least this is what Rev.21:8 tells us.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you change the sin in your own life? To only point at one type of sin such a "homosexual sin" is like trying to justify your own sin. In Gods eyes, A lie is equally as bad as homosexuality. Adultry is still adultry even if it is committed from the heart. So HOW do you keep yourself from the same punishment? At least this is what Rev.21:8 tells us.
Thus the irony, if your god was actually real, you'd be in trouble just for spreading lies every time you "interpret" that book of myths.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If your child committed a sin would you hate him, of course not Neither do I hate gays, I hate the sin they commit, just like you hate it when your child disobeys. The penalty for your son may be he doesn't get to watch tv for a week, where being gay carries an eternal punishment. I do not condone hatred towards gays or anybody. We show love in hopes they will change there way.
Your definition of 'sin' does not apply to any but those who believe it.

You are told quite clearly not to judge those outside your church as God will take care of it, but you are not satisfied with that. You trust him so little that you feel you have to decide what sin is and who is sinning, while never looking in the mirror and saying,'Maybe it's me that's sinning and maybe I should clean up the piles of trash in my own life before I tell someone else to pick up the newspaper in their driveway'.

The very fact that you believe there is 'eternal punishment' for others because you've decided they are 'sinners means that you feel superior and don't see yourself as a sinner. You are most happy to proclaim that others are going to hell and suffer eternal punishment without thinking anything of the 'sins' you commit daily. What's more, you approve of people being punished eternally for YOUR beliefs, not theirs.

This is hate, whether you wish to admit it or not.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Only if you're not afraid of learning.
There are some things I don't wanna know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you're pretending, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus the irony, if your god was actually real, you'd be in trouble just for spreading lies every time you "interpret" that book of myths.
Bam.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Saint Augustine wrote:
Ya know, I miss the great posts from OFT, Hip, X, and a few others here.
It's not the same thread without them.
Agree.

Nice to "see" ya, Auggie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••