Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417213 Nov 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now if you spoke like this all the time, no one would have a problem with you. You show your humanity and it's nice.
You get respect, when you give respect. I haven't seen you actually give anyone respect, not even yourself.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417214 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted to share this with you...
Last week on my way home from the market I came across a man whittling totem poles. I stopped to talk and admire his work...told me he had been sitting on that bench for 45 years carving them. They were truly magnificent. He also shared with me that his brother had been fatally shot by police. I didn't ask questions but have found the story on line.
The first link is about his death. The second is about honoring his life...if the traditional Native American way...carrying of the totem pole.
http://www.lineofduty.com/the-blotter/108575-...
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/201760...
If you google image "john t williams totem pole memorial" you will find some great pictures of the memorial that his brother (whom I met) and others carved for him. I haven't been to see it yet but will take my daily walk in that direction soon.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful memorial. It really touched my hear.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#417215 Nov 4, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you never worked midnight shift....I did my last couple of years. You stay one extra hour at work and you never get paid for the hour you worked extra. This is my first year, retired. I am still losing the hour......I will get use to it in a couple of years... One who has never worked the graveyard shift has no idea.
You guessed wrong again. I use to work 7pm to 7am..We might of "lost" the houly PAY BUT we GAINED an extra HOUR..we worked 13 hours then..We gained an hour. Elememtry my dear knwoledge

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417216 Nov 4, 2012
For all that does life to their own music...

&fe ature=related

I am in a music mood this morning. Sorry...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417217 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dedicated to all that call themselves..."WOMAN" ! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zu4xpDuf84AXX
*Big smile*

It is evident that some think that being a woman is still a terrible thing. I think they're jealous that they didn't get that chance.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417218 Nov 4, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
Yeah, right! And if you believe that, you'll also believe you'll LOSE one hour tonight!!
ROFLMAO!!!!
Work midnights like I did, you work an extra hour, and you don't get paid for it. You work nine hours not eight. Will take me a few years to get use to this. The last few years I lost and hour. Only a person who has or does work the graveyard shift knows what that is. Many things to get use too your first year in retirement, it sure is nice...Thanks for your concern tho, I slept very good......LOL ;)_

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417219 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
WN...make sure that you watch the video until the end...there is a great message there for all women.
I did, and it's exactly the way I feel!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417220 Nov 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> If it has nothing to do with a woman's body, why did you make the comparison....
So you still think you know more about your body by virtue of being in it than any man on Earth.

Read "Of Mice and Men". You made a mockery of it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417221 Nov 4, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he beat you. Your family evidently are blow hards. Your a wiccan, he asked you to prove it, and you couldn't. Enough said.
And you were asked to prove you're Christian by obeying the God you claim while posting here and you couldn't. So your judgment of others...and his...is pointless.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#417222 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dedicated to all that call themselves..."WOMAN" ! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zu4xpDuf84AXX
Thanks for proving you can be just as much an ahole as everyone else.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#417223 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
WN...make sure that you watch the video until the end...there is a great message there for all women.
Now I am the big bad male ?

You ARE pathetic.

It is 2012 Annie, not 1970.

The rest of the women have come a long way, Baby.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#417224 Nov 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>*Big smile*
It is evident that some think that being a woman is still a terrible thing. I think they're jealous that they didn't get that chance.
ROFLMAO

That is such BS and you know it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417225 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have loved that song for many years...long before I knew you existed. Has nothing to do with you "G".

At various points in my life I have had to step out of my box...at times that has been scary...I have always used music...certain songs...that hold meaning. I am at one of those times in my life.

Actually...it was not you that reminded me of that song. It was a post by WN to someone else that triggered my thoughts and sent me searching for it.

Sorry...but if calling me an asshole makes you better than I...then go for it. I will still have a good day...even knowing that is what you think of me.

Location hidden

#417226 Nov 4, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't grasp the mentality that's required to be like those folks. Do they honestly believe they are accomplishing something positive for their cause?
Good question Mr.W. I have wondered that from the day that I joined this discussion and read all the hate and threats from the "so called" christians. The only answer that I came up with is that these types of believers are "repeating" what their preachers are screaming to them from behind the pulpits. Here are 2 more questions that I have pondered on..

1- I have noticed that most of THESE Believers will also say that they will only believe the KJV Bible..They claim that is the only TRUE version. I have been on here and claimed that we are "Justified By Faith in Grace Alone" They disagree with me on this, HOWEVER, Martin Luther Believed this way as well. If Martin Luther believed this way and the hateful christians only believe his version of the bible, Then WHY dont they BELIEVE what they read???

2- My other question is aimed at these fire and brimstone style christians...While they sit in their pews and listen to their preacher scream these threats, Are they applying this to THEMSELVES or are they looking around at the congregation or even thinking of us on this thread and applying it to EVERYONE ELSE? If they will admit the truth, those who apply it to everyone else are the one's who are actually in the danger that they apply to everyone else.

Lets see how they squirm out of this one..Good day Mr. Wiggley

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#417227 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am the big bad male ?
You ARE pathetic.
It is 2012 Annie, not 1970.
The rest of the women have come a long way, Baby.
Once again...if it makes you feel good about yourself...

I find nothing wrong with the 70's. Well...the decor wasn't my favorite...I like it much more now that it is called "retro". Though that avocado green and harvest gold are still at the bottom of my list.

Oh yes...and the shag rugs...LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417228 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! It's terribly a'holish to be proud of being a woman and having overcome the misogyny in this country oh masterful G_O_D, omniscient one with three degrees, BMW and good retirement plan!

You remind me of Hyacinth on Keeping Up Appearances.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#417229 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
....Though that avocado green and harvest gold are still at the bottom of my list....
Mine too.

I prefer hot pink.

:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417230 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
That is such BS and you know it.
So there's never been any misogyny in this country? I was a woman working in the 60's forward. Don't get your panties in a wad, but there is still a great deal of it out there. Just listen to the political candidates!

You don't buy the 'I am woman crap' either, remember?

Location hidden

#417231 Nov 4, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question Mr.W. I have wondered that from the day that I joined this discussion and read all the hate and threats from the "so called" christians. The only answer that I came up with is that these types of believers are "repeating" what their preachers are screaming to them from behind the pulpits. Here are 2 more questions that I have pondered on..
1- I have noticed that most of THESE Believers will also say that they will only believe the KJV Bible..They claim that is the only TRUE version. I have been on here and claimed that we are "Justified By Faith in Grace Alone" They disagree with me on this, HOWEVER, Martin Luther Believed this way as well. If Martin Luther believed this way and the hateful christians only believe his version of the bible, Then WHY dont they BELIEVE what they read???
2- My other question is aimed at these fire and brimstone style christians...While they sit in their pews and listen to their preacher scream these threats, Are they applying this to THEMSELVES or are they looking around at the congregation or even thinking of us on this thread and applying it to EVERYONE ELSE? If they will admit the truth, those who apply it to everyone else are the one's who are actually in the danger that they apply to everyone else.
Lets see how they squirm out of this one..Good day Mr. Wiggley
This is a very good post Grace. The "fire 'n' brimstone" mentality of fundamentalism is very constrictive. It operates on a tunnel vision mentality in which members of that type of congregation focus on the behavior of others, and not on their own. Jesus warned against this trap of spiritual competitiveness. The mature Christian doesn't compare him or herself to other Christians or non-Christians in such an arrogant way. We realize that our salvation is not dependent upon our behavior, but upon God's grace. We change our behavior over time out of appreciation for that grace, and the cost that was paid for that grace by Jesus.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417232 Nov 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have loved that song for many years...long before I knew you existed. Has nothing to do with you "G".
At various points in my life I have had to step out of my box...at times that has been scary...I have always used music...certain songs...that hold meaning. I am at one of those times in my life.
Actually...it was not you that reminded me of that song. It was a post by WN to someone else that triggered my thoughts and sent me searching for it.
Sorry...but if calling me an asshole makes you better than I...then go for it. I will still have a good day...even knowing that is what you think of me.
G thinks everything is about him. How could everything *not* be about him? He has 3 degrees, a BMW and a job with good retirement! I'm sure no one else has ever accomplished such a feat! We'll hear about him on the news any day now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dave Nelson 776,180
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min MUQ2 37,831
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min lil whispers 605,133
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min WildWeirdWillie 175,724
17 Cats Who Will Make You Question Evolution 50 min hafacs 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min onemale 265,254
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 59 min Classic 1,906
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 559,800
More from around the web