Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417083 Nov 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 19:31 - "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God."
Leviticus 20:6 - "And the soul that tumeth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, 1 will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people."
1 Samuel 15:23 - "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft...." In this verse Saul was rejected from being king because of witchcraft. See I Samuel 28:7. Saul sought after witches.
In other words, it's evil for anyone but the priests to do witchcraft, spells, etc.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417084 Nov 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
RECALL NOTICE:
The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is
recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to
a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart.
This is due to a malfunction in the
original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the
reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units.
This defect has been identified as "Sub
sequential Internal Non-morality," more commonly known as S.I.N.,
as it is primarily expressed.
Some of the symptoms include:
1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behaviour
6. Depression or confusion
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion
The Manufacturer, who is neither liable
nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and
service free of charge to correct this defect.
The Repair Technician, JESUS, has most
generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of
these repairs. There is no additional fee required.
The number to call for repair in all areas
is: P-R-A-Y-E-R.
Once connected, please upload your burden
of SIN through the REPENTANCEprocedure.
Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair
Technician, Jesus, into the heart component.
No matter how big or small the SIN defect
is, God will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8.. Gentleness
9. Self control
Please see the operating manual, eg. the
B.I.B.L.E.(BEST Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further
details on the use of these fixes.
WARNING: Continuing to operate the human
being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties,
exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list,
and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded.
For free emergency service, call on God.
DANGER: The human being units not
responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the
furnace. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as
to prevent contamination of that facility. Thank you for your attention!
- GOD
P.S. Please assist where possible by
notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may
contact the Father any time by 'Knee mail'!
If you only realized how funny this is. God is the manufacturer recalling his on creations? Hilarious!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417085 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Several times. Studied it.
Then why don't you know what it says?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#417086 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You had a religigasm when you posted this, didn't you?
Eeww.

Should I post that graduation video again?

Laffin.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417087 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If you are wrong about God then it does not matter what you are right about in the long run. Look at it this way. A 6 year old Theist has more on the ball than you do when it comes to things that really matter.
<quoted text> It is an accurate description of your condition. Your unbelief has eternal consequences and you and others do not have the ability to grasp that concept. Not only for you but also for others. Especially the ones you care for in this life. You influence them to one degree or another. If your unbelief is wrong then it is the equivalent of poison in the lives of others.
<quoted text> You do not know who is listening or what effect it will have. You are in the dark. Laugh all you want. It is you who is basing your life, which hangs by a thread, on a lie. You are so limited and prosaic in your thinking. You believe in a negative which cannot be proven and you seem to think that is some kind of accomplishment?
You can make these threats about 'eternal consequences' because you never have to back them up.

It's a common tactic when a theist cannot win in a debate/argument. You just rely on the old 'eternal consequences' that WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE FRIGHTENED BY. How silly it is of you to even try this tired, fetid, freakish, and totally ineffectual route to try and convince yourself you are correct. You know you're not convincing any of the non-Christians, so the only person left you could be trying to convince is you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417088 Nov 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Eeww.
Should I post that graduation video again?
Laffin.
That's kind of what I see when I see a post about not allowing witches to live.

Why do they need people who believe differently to be dead? You'd think they don't trust their God to take care of what they see as a 'problem'.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417089 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> We do not know if force was involved. You assume facts (force) not in evidence. I do know the young females were given a time to grieve.(a month?) <quoted text> Were there more than one back then? They were given life. They were granted a status change from POW to wife with full rights. That was a major change you and others ignore. You see that is the problem. You ignore context. Both historical and literal. You are selective in your facts. It is sloppy and irresponsible.
<quoted text> Added on? Prove it. Again you sssume facts not in evidence. Do you know anything about verbal culture? How they summerized sayings so they could be remembered and passed on? Why the Gospels were written in the first place? The early witnesses were dying off? How much is it you do not know?
<quoted text> Your opinion carries that much weight. His coming again is well documented again. The next time it is as a Lion and not a Lamb.
Yet time and again men were told to kill all the men and women except for the virgins and to keep the virgins for themselves. I guess you don't think that's force.

Yes, I know a great deal about oral tradition. When you summerize and tell grown men to keep the virgins (who at that time were considered able to have sex at age 8 or 9), then you don't have to know much about oral tradition. All you have to do is go by the facts.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417090 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> In other words, it's evil for anyone but the priests to do witchcraft, spells, etc.
Yet this comment comes from the woman who sat in church 50 years and blasphemes the word of God, Jesus Christ the Holy Communion and the Holy Spirit.....

Priest, Preachers, Ministers pray to God. Witches pray to satan, God is NOT in it.

Deuteronomy 5:7 Thou shalt not have any other gods before me.

8)Though shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9)Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord they God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

10) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#417091 Nov 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 19:31 - "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God."
Leviticus 20:6 - "And the soul that tumeth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, 1 will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people."
1 Samuel 15:23 - "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft...." In this verse Saul was rejected from being king because of witchcraft. See I Samuel 28:7. Saul sought after witches.
Exactly "how" does a 'wizard' defile anyone?
And how could any wizard replace or usurp your deity?

This should be quite interesting...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417092 Nov 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I said "nutrition" - your word.
And even were I to allow your deflection to pass, in no way can nutrition, or breastfeeding, be compared to ritual genital mutilation of infants.
There's a movement afoot to combat such behaviour in some Arabic countries, as well as Sub-Saharan Africa.
"Kiss the boo-boo"??? Way to try to trivialize the matter.
Oh, and I know claymores, thank you. The word comes from Gaelic, "Cliabh Mor". Means "Honkin' big sword".
Well at least you didn't tell me only Scots know anything about swords. LOL

Which are you having the problem with, circumcission or the Hassidic ritual that was called pedopholia here ?

They are two seperate issues.

The deflection isn't mine, it was the ladies and now you.

So do you care to comment on the issues or contue playing hero ?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417093 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> New Testament scriptures in many places tell you that being gay is a sin. Paul as all the writers were divinely inspired to write down only what God told them to, that's why the bible is called the inspired word of God. You're truly are either totally ignorant of the bible or you say these things because you truly hate God.
Then I guess God himself (as his son) must not have been inspired in his teachings, as they are in direct opposition to what Paul taught. If you think Paul was inspired by God, that pretty much leaves Jesus out in the cold.

I don't hate God. I am not ignorant of the Bible. I do not believe in the Bible as a holy book in any way, but that does not equal hate.

What equals hate is your attitude toward everyone who does not believe as you do.

I would suggest you do some reading outside the Bible. You can start with scientific articles on homosexuality. That should open your eyes a little bit.

And you could read the story of Ryan White. If that doesn't melt your heart, nothing will.

Love is the cure, not hate.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#417094 Nov 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And you've breastfed an infant, so you know more th...
Never mind.
And you have ?

ROFLMFAO

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417095 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. <quoted text> No. <quoted text> They have rights as humans from God.
<quoted text> Legal gay marriage does not do gays any good. Nor does it do children any good who will be raised in an environment where this perversion will have a normalizing effect. It actually hurts gays in the long run. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot then i wear your endictment as a badge of honor. it might help if topix non believers think in terms of eternity as opposed to thinking in terms of what is temporal. This life that rushes by and eternity looms in the background. Look into the abyss and the abyss looks back...
Fanatic theism like yours is more harmful to children than two loving parents, no matter what their gender.

You don't need to concern yourself with the eternal whereabouts of anyone but yourself. But you fundies are so afraid that God will not hate his creations as much as you do that you try to impose every hateful law you can on them.

If you truly believed that God will judge them you wouldn't concern yourself with doing it for him.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417096 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>That's kind of what I see when I see a post about not allowing witches to live.
Why do they need people who believe differently to be dead? You'd think they don't trust their God to take care of what they see as a 'problem'.
Tell me, how many people you help lead to God in your fifty years of serving God, in your church? Tell me, did you tell everyone in your church that you agreed with witchcraft? Did you tell the people in the church to have abortions? "Their" God was once "your" God........Now you teach others to blaspheme Him. Confession is good for the soul. Repent Nympth, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, and you are moving south. Your future is looking bleak..You still have a little time. You don't want to burn in Hell forever....God is a vengeful God, and you are helping to lead others away from god, and are encouraging the witches to serve their own gods. May God have mercy upon your wicked soul.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417097 Nov 3, 2012
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as gay marriage, that is a gay lie. It is called same sex marriage, and it includes same sex adult incest couples. Once same sex marriage is allowed, they will argue what is the hard in adult same sex incest marriages. The answer will be social order does not allow for it, and the response will be that neither did it allow for gays to marry the same sex so it violates the rights of oincest couples,
David N. Glesne, DMin, Senior Pastor at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Fridley, MN, wrote the following statements in his 2005 book Understanding Homosexuality: Perspectives for the Local Church:
"Homosexuality is neither innate and unchangeable nor a 'life-style choice' and changeable at will. The one with homosexual feelings, desires, and behavior is struggling as a result of a developmental problem. This developmental disorder is most often a deeply embedded condition which normally starts in early childhood long before the development of moral and self-awareness and is genuinely experienced by the individual as though it was never absent in one form or another."
http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php...
Just because your fanatic theist associations have done the same thing with gays as they did with women, blacks, the Japanese, Chinese and Jews does not mean that it's the 'social order' that should be in place.

Your church's views of homosexuality is nothing less than ignorant and is cruel, harmful to the human race, and just the same way you treated women until you were made to stop.

Creepy, deeply disturbed people like you should take a step back and take a look in the mirror.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417098 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> The only way I can help you is by prayer, and this I will continue to do.
I don't think you praying for someone to be as indoctrinated and inhuman as you are will make them so.

Once you see the light, you never return to darkness. I hope you see the light soon. I'll pray that you do.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#417099 Nov 3, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly "how" does a 'wizard' defile anyone?
And how could any wizard replace or usurp your deity?
This should be quite interesting...
Do you remember what I asked you to do so that you would understand what I was saying to you? That is all it would take if you witnessed one time, you would understand...The books are good, but like I said before, they had to have witnessed it to have written the books. Experience is the best way to learn, and understand.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417100 Nov 3, 2012
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>You are one of the nice and kind posters here, who stands on God's word instead of falling for gay confusion. Lev. 18.
Yeah, right.

Both of you are haters. Both of you would rather hate God's creations rather than do as Jesus told you to do. Neither of you follow the teachings of Jesus when you post here.

But you do follow Paul! Congratulations! You are not Christians but Paulians.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417101 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> New Testament scriptures in many places tell you that being gay is a sin. Paul as all the writers were divinely inspired to write down only what God told them to, that's why the bible is called the inspired word of God. You're truly are either totally ignorant of the bible or you say these things because you truly hate God.
Please show me one place where Jesus mentioned it.

Had it been so important, and he was God incarnate in your version of Christianity, why didn't he know this would be important enough a subject for him to take a stand?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#417102 Nov 3, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember what I asked you to do so that you would understand what I was saying to you? That is all it would take if you witnessed one time, you would understand...The books are good, but like I said before, they had to have witnessed it to have written the books. Experience is the best way to learn, and understand.
You didn't answer the question. How does a wizard usurp your God? Surely you can answer that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 880,247
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min karl44 603,450
9/11&bin 48 min REV CAROL 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr karl44 3,987
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ggn gay 579
Private Placement Program for Indian Investors ... (Nov '12) 1 hr rahuk 16
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 8,291
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,649
More from around the web