Why Im no longer a Christian

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#417024 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't actually read the bible, have you?
Several times. Studied it.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#417025 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Gays have rights as humans. That does not include marriage.
Who says so?

Are you claiming that gays are not human? They are less than human? That they do not have equal rights?

You obviously do not believe in equal protection under the law for all citizens; that's what makes you a bigot.

“How You Treat Me”

#417026 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You just want to argue. I can't help it that you have no humanity or high standards. The only standards you have come from an ancient book written by goat herders.
Grow up and come to the 21st century.
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think '21st century' standards of maturity and morality ae better than standards from 'an ancient book written by goat herders'?
So, you are saying you prefer the ancient goat-herders mentality.

“How You Treat Me”

#417027 Nov 3, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you say I am mean for speaking against people who sin....it should be all about love, it is bad to talk about hell... Ha.......We are to love, but when you know you have a snake/fox in the hen house, you're to take care of it......
If I were to repost the news article, I'd exceed the character limit. Let's just say that you obviously believe that it's perfectly okay for someone to commit a felony and be convicted for it, then get "forgiven" and become a pastor, get out of prison, commit *murder,* and claim forgiveness *again* because he's a christian.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>A con is a con and will lead you on, if you don't watch them closely.
Well spoken, con. Needless to say, we are watching you.

Closely.

“How You Treat Me”

#417028 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You judge others sins but you seem to forget your own. You speak out to people you judge as being more sinful than you? Or sinful in a different way? Then you have a hissy fit when someone points out that you are guilty of sins that are on the same par with everyone else's. No sin is worse than another except for blasphemy. You have to believe in the 'spirit' you are blaspheming however for it to actually be blasphemy. So any sin you commit is just as bad as the person you are condemning, yet you don't seem to think there's anything wrong with you sinning.
You're a hypocrite and a bigot. End of story.
"Knowledge" is obviously of the belief that her own shit doesn't stink.

“How You Treat Me”

#417029 Nov 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
RECALL NOTICE:
The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is
recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to
a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart.
This is due to a malfunction in the
original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the
reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units.
This defect has been identified as "Sub
sequential Internal Non-morality," more commonly known as S.I.N.,
as it is primarily expressed.
Some of the symptoms include:
1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behaviour
6. Depression or confusion
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion
The Manufacturer, who is neither liable
nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and
service free of charge to correct this defect.
The Repair Technician, JESUS, has most
generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of
these repairs. There is no additional fee required.
The number to call for repair in all areas
is: P-R-A-Y-E-R.
Once connected, please upload your burden
of SIN through the REPENTANCEprocedure.
Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair
Technician, Jesus, into the heart component.
No matter how big or small the SIN defect
is, God will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8.. Gentleness
9. Self control
Please see the operating manual, eg. the
B.I.B.L.E.(BEST Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further
details on the use of these fixes.
WARNING: Continuing to operate the human
being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties,
exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list,
and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded.
For free emergency service, call on God.
DANGER: The human being units not
responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the
furnace. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as
to prevent contamination of that facility. Thank you for your attention!
- GOD
P.S. Please assist where possible by
notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may
contact the Father any time by 'Knee mail'!
Nice copy and paste. Which christer site did you steal it from?

Location hidden

#417030 Nov 3, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
The key word is Freedom...
My rights do not originate from your imaginary god-being no matter how hard you try to think so.
If you are wrong about God then it does not matter what you are right about in the long run. Look at it this way. A 6 year old Theist has more on the ball than you do when it comes to things that really matter.
Ultimately you have degressed into a typical christer fundie state of realizing you have once again been out done so your only "out" is to begin calling names.
It is an accurate description of your condition. Your unbelief has eternal consequences and you and others do not have the ability to grasp that concept. Not only for you but also for others. Especially the ones you care for in this life. You influence them to one degree or another. If your unbelief is wrong then it is the equivalent of poison in the lives of others.
You are so weak it's funny. Haha...poor little christer yelling and screaming in the corner and no one will listen.
You do not know who is listening or what effect it will have. You are in the dark. Laugh all you want. It is you who is basing your life, which hangs by a thread, on a lie. You are so limited and prosaic in your thinking. You believe in a negative which cannot be proven and you seem to think that is some kind of accomplishment?

Location hidden

#417031 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
So it's okay to force a non-Israelite to have sex but not an Israelite?
We do not know if force was involved. You assume facts (force) not in evidence. I do know the young females were given a time to grieve.(a month?)
Just another method for having babies, right?
Were there more than one back then? They were given life. They were granted a status change from POW to wife with full rights. That was a major change you and others ignore. You see that is the problem. You ignore context. Both historical and literal. You are selective in your facts. It is sloppy and irresponsible.
Why don't you try reading the words of Jesus *while he was teaching* and not the stuff added on after the crucifixion?
Added on? Prove it. Again you sssume facts not in evidence. Do you know anything about verbal culture? How they summerized sayings so they could be remembered and passed on? Why the Gospels were written in the first place? The early witnesses were dying off? How much is it you do not know?
He tried to teach people how to see the human side of the law, rather than just the law itself. It seems that 2000 years later, he would still be wasting his breath if he came back. People like you would crucify him all over again for teaching *exactly* what he taught 2000 years ago.
Your opinion carries that much weight. His coming again is well documented again. The next time it is as a Lion and not a Lamb.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#417032 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now he'll explain to you that he is under the 'new covenant' and it's okay to eat pork and shell fish. Yet he will quote OT scripture to prove it's wrong to be gay. Then he will quote Paul instead of Jesus to prove that being gay is wrong.
Wait a minute...Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That's why they can't thump you over the head with any teaching of Jesus on the subject!
Same as ever.
New Testament scriptures in many places tell you that being gay is a sin. Paul as all the writers were divinely inspired to write down only what God told them to, that's why the bible is called the inspired word of God. You're truly are either totally ignorant of the bible or you say these things because you truly hate God.

Location hidden

#417033 Nov 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says so?
Are you claiming that gays are not human?
No.
They are less than human?
No.
That they do not have equal rights?
They have rights as humans from God.
You obviously do not believe in equal protection under the law for all citizens; that's what makes you a bigot.
Legal gay marriage does not do gays any good. Nor does it do children any good who will be raised in an environment where this perversion will have a normalizing effect. It actually hurts gays in the long run. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot then i wear your endictment as a badge of honor. it might help if topix non believers think in terms of eternity as opposed to thinking in terms of what is temporal. This life that rushes by and eternity looms in the background. Look into the abyss and the abyss looks back...
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#417034 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
And he tells me that he knows my family better than I do.
Yep; he thinks he's "God," all right.
<quoted text>
Yes, you did.
And heres the proof:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD ...
....You believe you know more about my tradition than I do;....
<quoted text>
There ygo, lyin Dave. My tradition came from my family; ....
<quoted text>
I did. Learn to use them.
<quoted text>
And I learned Stregheria from my family, as I pointed out. There you go lying again. That's what you do best. And if you can't force your sick, phony beliefs down someone else's throat, you go on the attack and try to tear down other people's beliefs in revenge.
<quoted text>
I never said they were; YOU DID, YOU STUPID ASSHOLE. Follow the bouncing ball, idiot:
1. I learned Stregheria from my family.
2. You accused me of following a "new age" religion.
3. Therefore, you deliberately insinuated that my family follows a "new age" religion.
You *do* see the line of reasoning there; but I'll bet you will say there is none. That's just how you are. You can never lose an argument or a debate, because you tell yourself that you are "god"; hence your user name. You really did let it go to your head.
<quoted text>
"Stregheria" is the ITALIAN WORD FOR WITCHCRAFT. ARE YOU NOW TELLING ME YOU SPEAK BETTER ITALIAN THAN I DO?? ARE YOU TELLLING ME THE ITLALIAN WORD FOR WITCHCRAFT WAS INVENTED IN 1980??
Then you should have no troube translating *this,* "God":
Tu sei il pi testardo, pi ottuso pezzo di merda che abbia mai imbattuto. te orgogliosi di vostra intelligenza presunta, ma in realt si ha il IQ di un panino al tonno. Tu sei un misogino fica larva che esige che ogni accettare quello che dici come un fatto, altrimenti si strappa in loro con zelo religioso. Davvero credi tu sei dio.
Non valgono l'aria che si respira, non la merda che si espellono attraverso la bocca e la tastiera.
I'll be waiting.
UNFAIR. I've known some very smart tuna sandwiches.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#417035 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> New Testament scriptures in many places tell you that being gay is a sin. Paul as all the writers were divinely inspired to write down only what God told them to, that's why the bible is called the inspired word of God. You're truly are either totally ignorant of the bible or you say these things because you truly hate God.
Yeah. Sure. Inspired. Haha. This god only inspires toast and tortilla chips these days.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#417036 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> We do not know if force was involved. You assume facts (force) not in evidence. I do know the young females were given a time to grieve.(a month?) <quoted text> Were there more than one back then? They were given life. They were granted a status change from POW to wife with full rights. That was a major change you and others ignore. You see that is the problem. You ignore context. Both historical and literal. You are selective in your facts. It is sloppy and irresponsible.
<quoted text> Added on? Prove it. Again you sssume facts not in evidence. Do you know anything about verbal culture? How they summerized sayings so they could be remembered and passed on? Why the Gospels were written in the first place? The early witnesses were dying off? How much is it you do not know?
<quoted text> Your opinion carries that much weight. His coming again is well documented again. The next time it is as a Lion and not a Lamb.
Yeah, because those virgins really wanted to have those smelly dicks of the idiots that murdered their families inside of them. You Christians are moral failures.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#417037 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Several times. Studied it.
and it has destroyed your humanity.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#417038 Nov 3, 2012
works wrote:
<quoted text>
If I want anything from you ill scratch my balls ok! Thanks
Middle School mentality. Won't that annoy your boyfriend?

Location hidden

#417042 Nov 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, because those virgins really wanted to have those smelly dicks of the idiots that murdered their families inside of them. You Christians are moral failures.
You are ignorant. You would be amazed at how fast people can adapt to difficult situations which are beyond their control and make the best of it. Yes as a Christian i am a moral failure in many ways. We all are. You think you are morally superior and know what is right? Good for you. As for me, i will cling to the cross of Christ. Morally superior types such as yourself have no need for a savior. You got it all figured out? Dash Riprock. Is that a cartoon character? How appropiate!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#417043 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Including you.
<quoted text>
That bullshit has been debunked a thousand times, on this and on other threads. Get a fucking clue.
<quoted text>
HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!(*gasp!*) HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!(*gasp!*) HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!
The only way I can help you is by prayer, and this I will continue to do.

“How You Treat Me”

#417045 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Who says so?
Are you claiming that gays are not human?

Lightbeamrider:
No.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch : They are less than human?

Lightbeamrider: No.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch : That they do not have equal rights?

Lightbeamrider: They have rights as humans from God.

I asked, Do they have equal rights? You dodged; obviously you believe they do not. That makes you a bigot.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#417047 Nov 3, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The rights of all Americans are written in the Constitution and our Federal and Local laws.
If you wish to live under the laws of a god-being and it's followers you'll have to remove yourself from this country.
Jones tried that. You see the result.

Location hidden

#417050 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way: why don't you try living as a slave lived in Israel?
Does Israel have slaves? I don't think they do.
I think you would find that slavery is still slavery.
There are degrees based on circumstance time and culture.
One of the rules of slavery under the Israelites was that a master could beat his slave up to the point of death. If the death didn't occur within the first day, the master would not be held accountable for it. Yeah, I bet you'd love to be under that kind of 'kinder' slavery!
You know nothing about my life. Under your atheism you have no objective standard to make any judgements regarding slavery in the first place! Why can't you grasp that concept? Get off the moral high horse you have no right to be on, you hypocrite. If there is no God and that culture determined it is right to own slaves and beat them then it is a valid as a culture which does not.
And just so you know what your Bible says and won't scream 'context', here it is for you:
Exodus 21:20-21
20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
Slaves, ALL slaves, were considered property. While a bond servant, which is different than a slave so don't go there, could work for a defined amount of time and be free, slaves were never free and were to be passed on to children of the master if he died.
Actually read your Bible. Then you won't sound so ignorant of it.
If you still think, after reading the Bible, that slavery of any sort is kind you're an idiot. That's the whole of it.
Even slaves had rights. They were judged by the way they were treated. Abuse was not tolerated in the Old. People and cultures were judged, again and again, for the way the poor and widows were treated. Isreal was judged for raising the rent on the poor. If the Israelites abused slave to that extent then they were judged by God. God is God of slaves also. God looks out for their interest. When the whip comes down it is not always to our timetable but it does come down eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumatrix 839,516
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 590,518
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min lovewithin 40,510
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Jac 100,038
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 36 min dollarsbill 4,507
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min razz58 2,413
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 56 min apg 111
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
More from around the web