“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#416945 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Prove it with explicit references. Show where God commands rape of children.
Nice how you completely skip over the genocide.

Anyhow, you'll just cry "CONTEXT!" again and again, which means you support genocide and rape.

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8

Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. Genesis 34:1-31

A child who hits or curses his parents must be executed. Exodus 21:15, 17

... I'm too lazy to locate more.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416946 Nov 3, 2012
Oh, what the frack, let's post a classic:

Numbers 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416947 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
By saying 'standards now are higher' you are implicitly stating that there are standards for standards. When you use the comparative degree (e.g., better) you must have a fixed standard of comparison.
If morality changes over time and location, then it's conceivable that genocide is acceptable.
Ask yourself the question, How can we know if standards are better? what's the measuring stick?
You just want to argue. I can't help it that you have no humanity or high standards. The only standards you have come from an ancient book written by goat herders.

Grow up and come to the 21st century.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416948 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If you're a male your choice would be a female and if your a female than a male would be your choice. As far which male or female out of the entire population on earth to choose from would be your choice.
Simply said, come back for another butt-beating.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416949 Nov 3, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a book of fact. You in your only maybe 80 years could never comprehend it. You know nothing....an empty head full of foolishness. How could 80 years compare with eternity? The blind will indeed lead the blind.
You're right. No one can comprehend your religion, not even you.

You just believe and pretend you understand it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416950 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If you would just take the time to study you would know that ALL food is permitted to be eaten, even shellfish and pork. The reason for pork not being allowed in earlier times is the fact that swine would eat everything and this of course would cause many deaths. Now of course we know how to eradicate the problem of swine having diseases that wou;d cause people to get sick and die,so eat all the pork and shellfish you want. The bedroom has moved to the living room and throughout all places on earth and the main reason it's a sin to be gay.
So why didn't God make it so that it wouldn't kill his followers in the beginning? You people never think!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416951 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Iknow it's not natures population control and you do to as the bible tells you it's a sin, a sin.
Keep your Bible to yourself. This thread is entitled 'Why I'm no longer a Christian'. Why don't you share with us why you're no longer a Christian instead of preaching to those who have already experienced it and found it to be lacking?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#416952 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice how you completely skip over the genocide.
You made the explicit claim. Back it up or admit you screwed the pooch on that one. Since the Biblical God provides life inthe first place then the Biblical God can and does take life away by any means He chooses.
Anyhow, you'll just cry "CONTEXT!" again and again,
Yes context is important. It is not my fault you are a literary imbecile.
which means you support genocide and rape.
Being Christian means i follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, however imperfect. Jesus did not teach genocide and rape is to be supported by His followers.
Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead.
That had to do with hospitality laws which were in effect then. It does not mean God supported any of it which is your point. God supports rape and murder. Fail!
He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes."
Lot is not God. Rape never happened in Genesis 19. Fail!
This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8
In spite of the event described above. Jephthah was a better example. He was commended for defeating the enemies of Israel. Not for the way he treated his daughter.
Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. Genesis 34:1-31
Yes that was rape and the reaction of the brothers had to do with revenge. Not seeing where God supports any of this. Fail!
A child who hits or curses his parents must be executed. Exodus 21:15, 17
... I'm too lazy to locate more.
Show us a couple examples where a child is executed for cursing his parents. While the standards were there i don,t think they were followed to the letter. Besides a youth (not necessarly a child) had to be a real problem to the point of being a terror on the community in order to be considered a candidate for execution.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416953 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Your are quite a clueless twit lately. You used to be able to think. You are sounding like the Fundies more and more. You will be just another babbling religitard soon.
Hmmmm, JABR... I like that.
This is a strange comment coming from someone who has written what you have in the last 24 hours.

Burn the diplomas. They aren't helping you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416954 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

Watch it burn my little Wiccan.
ROFLMAO
Said like a true fundie.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416955 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You made the explicit claim. Back it up or admit you screwed the pooch on that one. Since the Biblical God provides life inthe first place then the Biblical God can and does take life away by any means He chooses.
<quoted text> Yes context is important. It is not my fault you are a literary imbecile. <quoted text> Being Christian means i follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, however imperfect. Jesus did not teach genocide and rape is to be supported by His followers.
<quoted text> That had to do with hospitality laws which were in effect then. It does not mean God supported any of it which is your point. God supports rape and murder. Fail! <quoted text> Lot is not God. Rape never happened in Genesis 19. Fail! <quoted text> In spite of the event described above. Jephthah was a better example. He was commended for defeating the enemies of Israel. Not for the way he treated his daughter.
<quoted text> Yes that was rape and the reaction of the brothers had to do with revenge. Not seeing where God supports any of this. Fail!
<quoted text> Show us a couple examples where a child is executed for cursing his parents. While the standards were there i don,t think they were followed to the letter. Besides a youth (not necessarly a child) had to be a real problem to the point of being a terror on the community in order to be considered a candidate for execution.
Oh, you went the "interpretation" angle ... yeah, that's new.

Location hidden

#416956 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Oh, what the frack, let's post a classic:
Numbers 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
The context is non Israelite female POW's. They were assimilated into Israeli culture as opposed to being abandoned or outright killed. It was an act of mercy given the options above. Once a man wanted them for wives there was a status change from slave to wife. Slavery in non Israeli cultures far more cruel, especially when it came to females. Slavery practiced in all ancient cultures. All that you ignore.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416957 Nov 3, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
New Living Translation (ゥ2007)
A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.
Atheists have created the hate and will create the war.
It doesn't matter what translation you use. Everyone who uses a different translation thinks theirs is best. It's still not history. It's still not 'truth'. It still won't 'save' you. You have to save yourself by becoming a decent human being who doesn't need to feel superior, but who has a deep desire to serve his fellow human beings and keep this earth in as good shape as possible.

But of course, that's too hard so most of you take the easy way out by mumbling words you hope will get you into heaven without having to ever do a good thing in your life.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416958 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The context is non Israelite female POW's. They were assimilated into Israeli culture as opposed to being abandoned or outright killed. It was an act of mercy given the options above. Once a man wanted them for wives there was a status change from slave to wife. Slavery in non Israeli cultures far more cruel, especially when it came to females. Slavery practiced in all ancient cultures. All that you ignore.
Ah, there's the context, so you are saying that "taking child women" for sexual pleasure is okay.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416959 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. I never said that. I said I know more about Stregheria than you do. Your family probably isn't Stregheria. Just Italians with a bunch of folk stories and "old wives tales". Same as every pne else on the planet. Mine were no different.
Yes,yes. We know your three diplomas make you know about someone else's family traditions even more than they do.

Now, are you happy? Do we all have to continually tell you how brilliant you are for you to feel secure?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416960 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell your wife to stop calling me a liar and a moron then. I didn't pick this battle, she did.
You started the battle. I just dove in and tried to get you to see that, like the inquisitions, it is totally unnecessary.

No one can say anything about your precious Jewish priests. We get that. Oh, wait! Yes, they can. And there's not a danged thing you can do about it but have a complete meltdown and post your private information to show that you're smarter than everyone else while making a total fundie jackass of yourself.

Location hidden

#416961 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, there's the context, so you are saying that "taking child women" for sexual pleasure is okay.
What is your problem with comprehension? How can you be so dense? That is the way they did things back then. My approval or dis approval means nothing. What exactly is a child/woman anyway? If they have their menstrual cycle then they are adult according to biology. That is the way it is in all of nature. Humans today make exceptions. Years ago they did not necessarly do that. Under your atheism you have no objective basis to judge ancient cultures in the first place! None! Zero! You believe your rights come from humans, not God!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416962 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What is your problem with comprehension? How can you be so dense? That is the way they did things back then. My approval or dis approval means nothing. What exactly is a child/woman anyway? If they have their menstrual cycle then they are adult according to biology. That is the way it is in all of nature. Humans today make exceptions. Years ago they did not necessarly do that. Under your atheism you have no objective basis to judge ancient cultures in the first place! None! Zero! You believe your rights come from humans, not God!
You stated that child rape is tolerable and even acceptable. That's what you said, if you cannot stand by what you said then you are being dishonest and blaspheming at the same time.

Now, do you support child murder as well?

Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416963 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hers and Annie's children wouldn't have died without breastfeeding either. Immunizations and formula are readily available and according to many physicians, better.
They also make breast pumps.
Yours is a strawteat arguement.(pun intended)
You still have not adequately explained how breast feeding is akin to pedophilia, since babies are not aware of their actions while pedophiles are.

Maybe you'd like to make a more sensible analogy at this point and stop trying to prove you have more knowledge than doctors.

Chidren wouldn't die or have infections from circumcision if they were not done by ADULTS who know what they are doing. It gives no nourishment whatsoever to the child. It IS the cause of infection and death in some cases.

You are still comparing apples to oranges and won't let go because that would mean that you had said something in error, which every person does no matter how intelligent.

It is only people with who have something to prove who cannot admit when they have made a mistake. This is where you are at this point. You must secretly have a feeling of inferiority to have to prove how great you are at every turn. That's okay. It's just not okay to think you know more than all other people on earth. It's not okay when you can't place yourself in a situation but go only on what you've read instead of experience.

You know good and well that breast feeding is nothing to be compared to the rites of circumcision, perpetrated by an adult male on an infant male. There is nothing harmful to the child who breast feeds, but rather is just the opposite except in very, very rare cases.

Why don't you prove you're more human than the fundies here and in the very least, just give up this need to prove yourself right about breast feeding having anything in comparison to the religious rite of circumcision? Or, you could be a real man and apologize to all the women of the world you've insulted by going on like you have. Your choice. Think about it. Do you want to go on sounding like waassuupp or do you want to sound like the guy I have known most of the time on Topix, who is much nicer?
jennyanydotz

Sparta, TN

#416964 Nov 3, 2012
Enjoyed your post very much. I have also been through all that and never felt it!
And like nature lover I think I can respect God better in his creation than listening to a preacher's opinion. And since so called Christians are using religion to take over our government they are beginning to look evil to me. Don't see any love for people other than their family and clicks. I love animals and people who are not full of self pride. Thank you for your post, glad to know other people feel that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min Wordsworth 4,776
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Seraphima 548,667
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 3 min Doctor REALITY 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 230,003
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 750,699
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 44 min Doctor REALITY 28
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 46 min Power_2014 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 261,673
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE