“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416937 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
you say 'change for the better'...what's 'better'? how do you determine 'better'?
If you have to ask this question, you need to sit in a quiet place for a while and ask yourself some questions instead of asking others.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416938 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!!!!
Just like the Hassidics with their ritual.
There was no real reason for you to breast feed your child, you just did it based on your dubious beliefs. The diffence is no one was accusing you of pedophilia for doing it. Many cuktures brest feed OUT OF NEED even until the child is six years old or more.
The practices of brest feeding and its effects in third world (AKA primitive) populations was one of my studies at Penn State so don't even try and BS, me. There is much more to it than you will ever know.
Wrong. I talked to a qualified Dr before deciding to breast feed my babies.

Breast feeding them did not include any kind of rite that made them bleed, was painful for them, nor based on 'belief' and a rite prescribed in a holy book.

You can't admit that you made a silly analogy and, like the fundies, will continue to show your behind just to try to prove you know more about breast feeding than women do.

Like I said, when you become pregnant, ask your Dr whether or not breast feeding is better for your child.

You're the one who made the analogy, and now that you have been proven wrong in your analogy, you continue like a spoiled child to prove you're right.

At times, you have to go with common sense instead of education. You don't seem to get that.

Now, if you want to go back to arguing about the remark about priests putting a baby's penis in their mouth to stop the bleeding being compared to pedophilia, do so with the person who said it and stop making a complete ass of yourself. Leave women out of the conversation. They have nothing to do with it.

You can pretend you're right if you like. I don't personally care. But you're really creating a fundie halo over your own head while doing so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416939 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jews should treat a pork and shellfish eaters exactly like you treat gays, right ?
Let's pass laws to make pork and shellfish illegal becaus the Bible says it is unclean and a sin to eat, right ?
And the Hindu's can have all beef made illegal, too, right ?
Are you saying only your beliefs should be the the only laws ?
Why do you care so much what consenting adults do in their own bedrooms ?
Now he'll explain to you that he is under the 'new covenant' and it's okay to eat pork and shell fish. Yet he will quote OT scripture to prove it's wrong to be gay. Then he will quote Paul instead of Jesus to prove that being gay is wrong.

Wait a minute...Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That's why they can't thump you over the head with any teaching of Jesus on the subject!

Same as ever.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416940 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
If by 'mass murder' you mean 'mass homicide', then there is the non normative example of herem. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were certainly not justified; neither were the tens of thousands of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hands of the U.S. military.
Then your God is as guilty as sin of mass murder. He murdered everyone on earth but 8 people because they weren't doing as he said do but only as he made them to do.

Horrible, horrible way to see God.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416941 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes!
ROFLMAO
Yet you were so anxious to prove how intelligent you are that you put your 'proof' of intelligence and ownership of your car on an anonymous Topix thread. Brilliant move, skippy.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#416942 Nov 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now he'll explain to you that he is under the 'new covenant' and it's okay to eat pork and shell fish. Yet he will quote OT scripture to prove it's wrong to be gay. Then he will quote Paul instead of Jesus to prove that being gay is wrong.
Wait a minute...Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That's why they can't thump you over the head with any teaching of Jesus on the subject!
Same as ever.
He never taught bestiality is wrong. That must be up in the air to according to your logic. If He did not teach against anything it must be OK. Like i told you before Nymph, Pay Attention To Context! This is not Rocket Science. The audience of Jesus was 1st century Israel which was anti homosexual to the point it was in their religion. They despised homosexuality. Jesus did define marrigae as between a man and a woman, which would exclude man and man or man and donkey. Now as for Paul. His audience was Gentiles. They were more open on things like homosexuality, pedestry, and incest marriage. Paul had to address it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#416943 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> He never taught bestiality is wrong. That must be up in the air to according to your logic. If He did not teach against anything it must be OK. Like i told you before Nymph, Pay Attention To Context! This is not Rocket Science. The audience of Jesus was 1st century Israel which was anti homosexual to the point it was in their religion. They despised homosexuality. Jesus did define marrigae as between a man and a woman, which would exclude man and man or man and donkey. Now as for Paul. His audience was Gentiles. They were more open on things like homosexuality, pedestry, and incest marriage. Paul had to address it.
There's that cry of "context" again, yet you cannot even justify any context in which genocide and raping of children is right ....

.... both of which are commanded by your god.

Location hidden

#416944 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that cry of "context" again, yet you cannot even justify any context in which genocide and raping of children is right ....
.... both of which are commanded by your god.
Prove it with explicit references. Show where God commands rape of children.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416945 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Prove it with explicit references. Show where God commands rape of children.
Nice how you completely skip over the genocide.

Anyhow, you'll just cry "CONTEXT!" again and again, which means you support genocide and rape.

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8

Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. Genesis 34:1-31

A child who hits or curses his parents must be executed. Exodus 21:15, 17

... I'm too lazy to locate more.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416946 Nov 3, 2012
Oh, what the frack, let's post a classic:

Numbers 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416947 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
By saying 'standards now are higher' you are implicitly stating that there are standards for standards. When you use the comparative degree (e.g., better) you must have a fixed standard of comparison.
If morality changes over time and location, then it's conceivable that genocide is acceptable.
Ask yourself the question, How can we know if standards are better? what's the measuring stick?
You just want to argue. I can't help it that you have no humanity or high standards. The only standards you have come from an ancient book written by goat herders.

Grow up and come to the 21st century.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416948 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If you're a male your choice would be a female and if your a female than a male would be your choice. As far which male or female out of the entire population on earth to choose from would be your choice.
Simply said, come back for another butt-beating.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416949 Nov 3, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is a book of fact. You in your only maybe 80 years could never comprehend it. You know nothing....an empty head full of foolishness. How could 80 years compare with eternity? The blind will indeed lead the blind.
You're right. No one can comprehend your religion, not even you.

You just believe and pretend you understand it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416950 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> If you would just take the time to study you would know that ALL food is permitted to be eaten, even shellfish and pork. The reason for pork not being allowed in earlier times is the fact that swine would eat everything and this of course would cause many deaths. Now of course we know how to eradicate the problem of swine having diseases that wou;d cause people to get sick and die,so eat all the pork and shellfish you want. The bedroom has moved to the living room and throughout all places on earth and the main reason it's a sin to be gay.
So why didn't God make it so that it wouldn't kill his followers in the beginning? You people never think!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416951 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Iknow it's not natures population control and you do to as the bible tells you it's a sin, a sin.
Keep your Bible to yourself. This thread is entitled 'Why I'm no longer a Christian'. Why don't you share with us why you're no longer a Christian instead of preaching to those who have already experienced it and found it to be lacking?

Location hidden

#416952 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice how you completely skip over the genocide.
You made the explicit claim. Back it up or admit you screwed the pooch on that one. Since the Biblical God provides life inthe first place then the Biblical God can and does take life away by any means He chooses.
Anyhow, you'll just cry "CONTEXT!" again and again,
Yes context is important. It is not my fault you are a literary imbecile.
which means you support genocide and rape.
Being Christian means i follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, however imperfect. Jesus did not teach genocide and rape is to be supported by His followers.
Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead.
That had to do with hospitality laws which were in effect then. It does not mean God supported any of it which is your point. God supports rape and murder. Fail!
He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes."
Lot is not God. Rape never happened in Genesis 19. Fail!
This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8
In spite of the event described above. Jephthah was a better example. He was commended for defeating the enemies of Israel. Not for the way he treated his daughter.
Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. Genesis 34:1-31
Yes that was rape and the reaction of the brothers had to do with revenge. Not seeing where God supports any of this. Fail!
A child who hits or curses his parents must be executed. Exodus 21:15, 17
... I'm too lazy to locate more.
Show us a couple examples where a child is executed for cursing his parents. While the standards were there i don,t think they were followed to the letter. Besides a youth (not necessarly a child) had to be a real problem to the point of being a terror on the community in order to be considered a candidate for execution.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416953 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Your are quite a clueless twit lately. You used to be able to think. You are sounding like the Fundies more and more. You will be just another babbling religitard soon.
Hmmmm, JABR... I like that.
This is a strange comment coming from someone who has written what you have in the last 24 hours.

Burn the diplomas. They aren't helping you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416954 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

Watch it burn my little Wiccan.
ROFLMAO
Said like a true fundie.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#416955 Nov 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You made the explicit claim. Back it up or admit you screwed the pooch on that one. Since the Biblical God provides life inthe first place then the Biblical God can and does take life away by any means He chooses.
<quoted text> Yes context is important. It is not my fault you are a literary imbecile. <quoted text> Being Christian means i follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, however imperfect. Jesus did not teach genocide and rape is to be supported by His followers.
<quoted text> That had to do with hospitality laws which were in effect then. It does not mean God supported any of it which is your point. God supports rape and murder. Fail! <quoted text> Lot is not God. Rape never happened in Genesis 19. Fail! <quoted text> In spite of the event described above. Jephthah was a better example. He was commended for defeating the enemies of Israel. Not for the way he treated his daughter.
<quoted text> Yes that was rape and the reaction of the brothers had to do with revenge. Not seeing where God supports any of this. Fail!
<quoted text> Show us a couple examples where a child is executed for cursing his parents. While the standards were there i don,t think they were followed to the letter. Besides a youth (not necessarly a child) had to be a real problem to the point of being a terror on the community in order to be considered a candidate for execution.
Oh, you went the "interpretation" angle ... yeah, that's new.

Location hidden

#416956 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Oh, what the frack, let's post a classic:
Numbers 31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
The context is non Israelite female POW's. They were assimilated into Israeli culture as opposed to being abandoned or outright killed. It was an act of mercy given the options above. Once a man wanted them for wives there was a status change from slave to wife. Slavery in non Israeli cultures far more cruel, especially when it came to females. Slavery practiced in all ancient cultures. All that you ignore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min scaritual 810,250
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 574,308
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 269,020
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 24 min Luna34 392
Why are white people so hateful, emptyminded an... (Sep '10) 35 min yeah right 165
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 37 min averagejoebrosmo 208
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 41 min forgetful liberals 55
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min New Age Spiritual... 608,241
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 23 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web