Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#416922 Nov 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can. I already have and so did millions of others.
So a majority can determine what is good and what is evil?

Location hidden

#416923 Nov 2, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not absolutely sure... I'm not absolutely sure of anything, actually....Living under a model of no absolutes keeps the mind open to learning. This model may or may not be correct. The map is not the territory, so choose the map that allows for the most growth and progress individually.
"Belief is the death of intelligence" - R.A. Wilson
You have no measuring stick for "growth and progress"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#416924 Nov 2, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO a minority.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#416925 Nov 2, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every individual has their own ideas of what is good and what is evil. Always have and always will.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#416926 Nov 2, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no measuring stick for "growth and progress"
On the grand scale it is called history. In the short run it is ones own lifetime. Both are flawed but better than pure fantasy and wishful thinking.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416927 Nov 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I choose not to accept the rules of some 2000 year old goat hearders.
Why can't you just live in the 21st century and do as Jesus commanded you and love your neighbors as yourself?
Evidently, men and men were 'designed to fit' also, since they can still perform an act of sex.
You have no idea what the 'natural' purpose of anything is unless your church tells you. Then you dare not open your mind to anything else.
I don't know why you came to this thread. You're just going to take a butt-whipping as you did on your own thread and then RAN because you couldn't take the heat.
I am done with you. You have nothing to offer people who see a bigger picture and give God credit for having more sense and a larger vision than do human beings.
Men and men you say were designed for sex, that's sick. We are talking about what God says is proper, not what you think is proper. Your mind is truly lost to your own awkward sinful way. You come up with everything that's not normal and attempt to make it normal. Why must you be so ignorant in believing that men were made for dex, you're really pathetic to believe this. I suppose as long as anything fits in there anus would be ok as long as they can perform an act of sex, you are truly lost in your own little world of believing anything except normalcy and what God says is normal. Your not the one with the authority to say what's normal, God is. Iassure you what you call normal is far from it, it's deplorable and sick.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#416928 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> ....We are talking about what God says is proper, not what you think is proper.....
Please provide proof that any deity ever said anything. Your magic book is useless. Got any videos or audio recordings of this deity ? Lots of people have words in a book that they claim are "God's". I can take you to hospital ward and introduce you to a few people who claim God talks to them.

Prove yours is the "real" one.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#416929 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Men and men you say were designed for sex, that's sick. We are talking about what God says is proper, not what you think is proper. Your mind is truly lost to your own awkward sinful way. You come up with everything that's not normal and attempt to make it normal. Why must you be so ignorant in believing that men were made for dex, you're really pathetic to believe this. I suppose as long as anything fits in there anus would be ok as long as they can perform an act of sex, you are truly lost in your own little world of believing anything except normalcy and what God says is normal. Your not the one with the authority to say what's normal, God is. Iassure you what you call normal is far from it, it's deplorable and sick.
Hyperbole...

Location hidden

#416930 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide proof that any deity ever said anything. Your magic book is useless. Got any videos or audio recordings of this deity ? Lots of people have words in a book that they claim are "God's". I can take you to hospital ward and introduce you to a few people who claim God talks to them.
Prove yours is the "real" one.
God doesn't talk to people in that way, and if they say there talking to God then they need to be in that ward. The bible is God's word. The bible is useless you say, why? What do you want out of the bible? I'ts completely accurate and can save your soul. I assume you don't believe the bible because you say there's no proof, look around you, look in the mirror. If you would study the bible you will see life and you will see that God truly exsists. God can't be seen like you and I see people and unfortunately for you you'll never know or see him without the faith in believing in God who you can't see face to face, but you can see all around you his creations, including yourself.

Location hidden

#416931 Nov 3, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole...
Non-fiction, real.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#416932 Nov 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Another murdering pastor. From today's news:
"Cops: Pastor killed fiancee's daughter for fantasy
By JOHN FLESHER and ED WHITE Associated Press
"BROOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich.(AP)ĖA Michigan pastor accused of beating and strangling his fiancee's daughter to fulfill a sexual fantasy had asked church members to pray for the young woman before police found her body, a friend said Friday.
"Ex-convict John D. White knew the victim, Rebekah Gay, 24, and regularly watched her 3-year-old son while she worked, friend Donna Houghton said. White even told investigators that after killing Gay and dumping her body, he returned to her mobile home to dress the boy in a Halloween costume before taking the youngster to his father, authorities said.
"White was in jail without bond Friday, a day after he was charged with first-degree murder in Gay's death in a rural area in Isabella County, 85 miles northwest of Lansing.
"White said he drank four or five beers before going to Gay's mobile home and repeatedly striking her head with a mallet and strangling her with a zip tie, according to a court filing. He said he stripped her but does not remember if he carried out his fantasy of having sex with Gay's dead body.
"'He just basically said he was attracted to her, thought she was a very cute girl. It's a crazy, tragic situation,' Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski told The Associated Press.
"White confessed after investigators told him Gay's body was likely to deteriorate in the cold, wet weather, Mioduszewski said.
"Houghton, who had a role in hiring White three years ago to be pastor at Christ Community Fellowship, a church with just 14 members, said she and others are 'absolutely floored.'
"'I protested his innocence until I had the absolute news that he confessed. Then he had no leg to stand on,' she told AP.
"Houghton said White had planned to marry Gay's mother, who regularly attended his Sunday sermons. She said White and Gay lived in the same mobile home park in Broomfield Township.
"White led investigators to Gay's body in a wooded area a half-mile away. He told authorities that after killing Gay in the wee hours Wednesday, he dressed her son, Conway, for Halloween and took the boy to meet his father in a store parking lot.
"White 'really liked this young man,' said the sheriff, who added that White occasionally ferried the child to the father, who had joint custody with Gay.
"'I don't think the father thought anything was unusual,' Mioduszewski said.
"She said the tiny congregation was aware of White's criminal past when he joined the church. He was released from prison in 2007 after serving nearly 12 years for manslaughter in the death of a 26-year-old woman in Kalamazoo County, according to the state Corrections Department.
"White also was sentenced to probation for choking and stabbing a 17-year-old Battle Creek girl in 1981.
"'He was absolutely contrite,' Houghton, 76, said.'All kinds of people turn around and meet the Lord and they are a different person. He was doing a lot of good in the community.... He was doing a lot of good and Satan did not want him doing good and Satan got to him.'"
Yup; that's right, boys and girls. Itís all the fault of SATANĖchristianityís BEST FRIEND!!!!!
Here's a chilling account of this guy's first known victim. He's been in Prison twice before for the same thing.
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazo...
I betcha he became a "christian" in Prison and was "forgiven" his "sins" which got him back on the streets so he could "sin" again only to be "forgiven" again.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#416933 Nov 3, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> God doesn't talk to people in that way, and if they say there talking to God then they need to be in that ward. The bible is God's word. The bible is useless you say, why? What do you want out of the bible? I'ts completely accurate and can save your soul. I assume you don't believe the bible because you say there's no proof, look around you, look in the mirror. If you would study the bible you will see life and you will see that God truly exsists. God can't be seen like you and I see people and unfortunately for you you'll never know or see him without the faith in believing in God who you can't see face to face, but you can see all around you his creations, including yourself.
The bible is a con man's manual, that is why it's useless

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#416934 Nov 3, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely nothing about it that is blind. You are here because you know deep within your mind that I'm right and that you are wrong. You also know that the Bible specifically states that all proof is not to be given.....some of what we know is by faith. But your too stupid and weak to understand that.
Only a coward has to rely on proof for everything they do. You rely on faith more than you are willing to admit, but it is only the sins you are not willing to confront that makes you rebel against faith when it comes to God.....that is because you know you will be held fully responsible for your evil deeds.
You're not fooling me at all. I can see right through your hatred and tantrums.
Your weakness is demanding other people believe you rather than think for themselves. This is how children are treated when being brainwashed by christer fanatics like you.

There is no cowardice in asking for and expecting proof. We humans have always required proof. Those who blindly accept the word of others about god-beings and such nonsense are the cowards. They are apparently the result of the brainwashing I just mentioned.

You are the coward. You are the weak one here. You dare not ask questions. You, in your weakness and insecurity must try to belittle others to boost your low self esteem.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416935 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little difference between a Rabbi who believes he is spiritualy nurturing the infant than you and Annie believing that breastfeeding is the only means of nurturing an infant.
You just refuse to see the connection.
You don't even know the religious beliefs of the Jews yet bash them. There is a very religious reason to suck the blood from the wound and it has nothing to do with pedophilia. Just like you have cultural reasons to breastfeed. Neither is really needed, you just think it is...just like the Hassidic Rabbis.
How would you like it if people (and there are quite a few) who find brestfeeding to be barbaric to call you a pedophile and accuse of having incest with your children ? Yes, Incest. You wouldn;t let your grown children suck your breast would you ? Why force them to as infants. Do you just like foreplay with babies ? You must be a sick pervert !
Is what I just said fair ? NO. Bit that is what was said about the Old Order Jews and you are defending that slander. Why is it fair to slander tham but not you and Annie ?
There is a great deal of difference. A priest may 'believe' he is physically nurturing a child. A woman breastfeeding doesn't have to 'believe'. It's a proven fact that babies take nourishment from their mother's milk. What 'nourishment' does a circumcised baby get from a priest doing circumcision and then sucking the wound to stop it from bleeding? The 'nourishment' of not bleeding to death because of a barbaric act?

I'm not 'defending' anything. You're the one who made the comparison, weak and silly as it was. Now you can't let go of it because you're so intelligent, have so many more degrees, and are so much better than everyone else on this thread.

Really?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416936 Nov 3, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT..
I admit that the Bible is sometimes hard to understand but being a believer, I had to question the fact that there were a lot of people dying for this belief. A man might die for a lot of reasons but rarely would so many die for a lie. They just "didnt die" they were tortured for this belief and so was their families and they still wouldnt denounce their belief. Do you find that odd?
Yet nearly 68,000 have died in Iraq for a lie. Go figger.

People will die for what they believe in, lie or not.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416937 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
you say 'change for the better'...what's 'better'? how do you determine 'better'?
If you have to ask this question, you need to sit in a quiet place for a while and ask yourself some questions instead of asking others.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416938 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!!!!
Just like the Hassidics with their ritual.
There was no real reason for you to breast feed your child, you just did it based on your dubious beliefs. The diffence is no one was accusing you of pedophilia for doing it. Many cuktures brest feed OUT OF NEED even until the child is six years old or more.
The practices of brest feeding and its effects in third world (AKA primitive) populations was one of my studies at Penn State so don't even try and BS, me. There is much more to it than you will ever know.
Wrong. I talked to a qualified Dr before deciding to breast feed my babies.

Breast feeding them did not include any kind of rite that made them bleed, was painful for them, nor based on 'belief' and a rite prescribed in a holy book.

You can't admit that you made a silly analogy and, like the fundies, will continue to show your behind just to try to prove you know more about breast feeding than women do.

Like I said, when you become pregnant, ask your Dr whether or not breast feeding is better for your child.

You're the one who made the analogy, and now that you have been proven wrong in your analogy, you continue like a spoiled child to prove you're right.

At times, you have to go with common sense instead of education. You don't seem to get that.

Now, if you want to go back to arguing about the remark about priests putting a baby's penis in their mouth to stop the bleeding being compared to pedophilia, do so with the person who said it and stop making a complete ass of yourself. Leave women out of the conversation. They have nothing to do with it.

You can pretend you're right if you like. I don't personally care. But you're really creating a fundie halo over your own head while doing so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416939 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jews should treat a pork and shellfish eaters exactly like you treat gays, right ?
Let's pass laws to make pork and shellfish illegal becaus the Bible says it is unclean and a sin to eat, right ?
And the Hindu's can have all beef made illegal, too, right ?
Are you saying only your beliefs should be the the only laws ?
Why do you care so much what consenting adults do in their own bedrooms ?
Now he'll explain to you that he is under the 'new covenant' and it's okay to eat pork and shell fish. Yet he will quote OT scripture to prove it's wrong to be gay. Then he will quote Paul instead of Jesus to prove that being gay is wrong.

Wait a minute...Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That's why they can't thump you over the head with any teaching of Jesus on the subject!

Same as ever.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416940 Nov 3, 2012
clw3 wrote:
<quoted text>
If by 'mass murder' you mean 'mass homicide', then there is the non normative example of herem. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were certainly not justified; neither were the tens of thousands of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hands of the U.S. military.
Then your God is as guilty as sin of mass murder. He murdered everyone on earth but 8 people because they weren't doing as he said do but only as he made them to do.

Horrible, horrible way to see God.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#416941 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes!
ROFLMAO
Yet you were so anxious to prove how intelligent you are that you put your 'proof' of intelligence and ownership of your car on an anonymous Topix thread. Brilliant move, skippy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 740,699
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min trifecta1 601,207
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 543,286
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min Johnsex 908
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 227,986
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min well 95,560
Does anyone see Dr. James E. Freidenstein at Sy... 20 min Mikeymike9042 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min Freebird USA 173,905
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Joana 158

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••