Why I知 no longer a Christian

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#415620 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief, okay - you can take responsibility for your own sin than and discount yourself from the benefits of the Blood of the Lamb...
Blood? That's disgusting! What's next? Mary's menstrual blood?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#415621 Oct 29, 2012
Anagramanachronist wrote:
<quoted text>I don't oppose your god. I think, as written, the story id ridiculous and there has never been any evidence to suggest that any gods have ever existed. That is not opposition, that is simply a lack of belief in light of no good evidence for belief. hy must you lie?
your discounting of sworn evidence that God Himself came to earth to ratify through His own blood and fulfill ther very law/Covenant He established IS NOT a noble or an intelligent decision and it never will be.....

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415622 Oct 29, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*nostalgic sigh*
The Great Fundie Knife Fight...
April 4th will live in infamy!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#415623 Oct 29, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly.
You are responsible to society, civilization, and the environment of which you are a part. Willful neglect of any part of that environment depreciates the quality of the whole. As cognizant humans we have a greater responsibility to that end, mentally and physically.
No magical deity is going to rectify those failings of responsibility.
It is up to us to decide whether we wish to better our environment and existence, or become detractors and destroyers of it.
i agree with you and so does the Creator, so much so that the penalty for failure is death!

i hope you don't fail in any of the criteria and it's too bad for you that you don't get to establish the criteria...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#415624 Oct 29, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> Conditions that clash together like temperature, wind, moisture come together and cause weather.
So God does nothing on this planet ?

I disagree. The Scriptures say EVERYTHING is from God. From weather to life itself.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415625 Oct 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, never ever made that type of association.
It does not surprise me that you did however.
You are one sick person.
Neither did anyone else.

I wonder if this is another of lack-of-knowledge's husbands?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#415626 Oct 29, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
"D and D"...wow, someone is lost in the 80's.
A proper "insult" would be to say that he is playing "World of Warcraft(Warcrack)". Keep up with the times.
I have my original D&D stuff from the 70's. Worth a few grand now.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#415627 Oct 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Then he's just a human being, just like he created people 'in his likeness and image'.
well now, w_n, you're still not receiving the 'big picture' even after years of people explaining it to you:

the human nature is a nature that's been fallen & corrupted from the nature of God and the nature that He originaly put in adam.

thus "unless you are born again, you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#415628 Oct 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You mean your disrespect of her by making sexual sugggestions and calling her 'hon' when she has told you she has no interest in you either as a man or as a friend? That kind of disrespect?
i believe that i was talking to someone else. how about you go get your own life?:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#415629 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD!!!
ishmael, on the other hand, is the bastard son of hagar;)
1. Jesus never said He was God.
2. Ishmael was the first born of Abraham and Hagar was Abraham's second wife.
There was nothing wrong with having more than one wife at that time. However, Abraham's divorcing her was a crime under Canaanite law but Abraham's sacrifice of Ishmael to Ba'El was not.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415630 Oct 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Aspergers. In my youth it was called "Socially Retarded".
I decided long ago to not let the impropper use of the word "retarded" to affect me. Slow and steady (retared) wins the race while the "advanced" ones burn out and fall by the wayside.
Read Aesop's Tortoise and the Hare.
Any word can be used as an insult by the ignorant. The wise are not hurt by such paper tigers.
I am retarded with three Univestity diplomas. Thank God for my retardation.
Kudos!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415631 Oct 29, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly.
You are responsible to society, civilization, and the environment of which you are a part. Willful neglect of any part of that environment depreciates the quality of the whole. As cognizant humans we have a greater responsibility to that end, mentally and physically.
No magical deity is going to rectify those failings of responsibility.
It is up to us to decide whether we wish to better our environment and existence, or become detractors and destroyers of it.
Absolutely!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415632 Oct 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
The power just blinked off and on twice...
Shutting to conserve energy.
Later kids...
Take care!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#415633 Oct 29, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood? That's disgusting! What's next? Mary's menstrual blood?
hi!

that's a pesky lil unclean and mocking devil that's influencing you to talk and think this way. it's bound for the lake of fire and wants to take you with it:)

now - are you gonna put up or are you gonna shut up?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#415634 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your discounting of sworn evidence that God Himself came to earth ......
Just like you discount all the evidence to the contrary.
Cite the verse where Jesus says "I am God." and we can settle this matter once and for all.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415635 Oct 29, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sad that you would compare Jesus and Christians to a monster like Hitler and the people of the middle east who read a book not of God.
They say the same about you, you know. Their religion is just as valid. Your religion has a history filled genocide, Inquisitions and Crusades. They just haven't been around long enough to get to the true Inquisition stage yet, though they have had Crusades.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415636 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD!!!
ishmael, on the other hand, is the bastard son of hagar;)
Jesus would have been considered a bastard at the time of his birth, as Joseph and Mary were not married. Don't throw stones. People tend to pick them up and throw them back at the glass house you live in.

Location hidden

#415637 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your discounting of sworn evidence that God Himself came to earth to ratify through His own blood and fulfill ther very law/Covenant He established IS NOT a noble or an intelligent decision and it never will be.....
So let me get this straight... God sent his son, who is actually himself to kill himself so that people don't have to slaughter animals to atone for a concept called sin, that he had to create in the first place, since God is the creator of all things?

Yeah, sounds like the truth to me.... Sigh...

Location hidden

#415638 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi!
that's a pesky lil unclean and mocking devil that's influencing you to talk and think this way. it's bound for the lake of fire and wants to take you with it:)
now - are you gonna put up or are you gonna shut up?
I'm going to take the 3rd option. Sit here, drink coffee, and watch you implode as you get more and more angry about people mocking a place that you call the "lake of fire". Because there is no such place. No justice for those who mock you. All of your work to convince people otherwise is in vain.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#415639 Oct 29, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood sacrifices were started long before your God came into being. From the most ancient times, people tried to appease their Gods with animal and even human sacrifices. Of course, that never stopped a tornado, a flood, a hurricane, an earthquake or a war from being lost.

To think that a human being was sacrificed for someone else's sin is a new tack on the scapegoat theory. Not only that, it is immoral to allow someone else to die for what YOU do.

Those who are the least responsible for their own actions are most attracted to this religion, and they don't mind having had someone die to cover their as*es.

I have never done anything in my life that deserved death, and certainly not someone else's death.

It's the draw of fundamentalist Christians who those who are afraid they will have to answer for their actions and want to escape punishment.

I've got news for you: If there is a life after this one, the only just thing for a God to do is make it a life based on your actions in this life...not kill off himself (as if a deity could actually die!) to excuse you of anything you do. What a putrid way to walk blindly through life! Jesus NEVER, EVER taught such a concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 839,931
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liam 590,776
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min dollarsbill 4,628
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr razz58 2,440
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,078
What Government Hackers Are Trying To Keep Silent 2 hr Mace 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 5,919
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jac 100,079
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web