Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#411779 Oct 17, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome! I wanted a son, but apparently my baby batter is of the girl variety only... I am lucky that my oldest enjoys sports, fishing, and other tomboy things... I don't know how long it'll last because she'll be a teen soon and the boys are taking notice.
I too wanted a son but had 2 daughters instead. They were always a complete joy to raise and when they grew up and had children, I was blessed with 3 grandsons. Now, I get to enjoy them as a grandparent which is so much funner than raising them. I get to do all those things that I wanted to do with a son but then I can send them home..Its so much more fun..Try to keep those boys away as long as possible though. The teen years for my girls was a nightmare for me. LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#411780 Oct 17, 2012
skippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote on just how you arrived at your present athiesm or agnosticsmn shows that you are clearly confused in trying to answer you own question. You do not indicate whether or not you were trying to use analytical thinking or intuitive thinking in your efforts to derive at a logical conclusion. If you were dropped on your head at birth, this may indicate that you are having both left and right brain malfunctions in trying to derive at a sensible conclusion. I suggest that you take a deep breath, exhale and then try and find a therapist to sort out your misguided thoughts.
Religion involves intuitive thinking, your application of analytical thinking to religion and the belief in God is faulty. If you were ominopitent, then I would have no problem with having a discussion with you. Considering we can only "see" 4% of the know universe, shows your thinking is totally flawed, even on an analytical thinking process.
And this is how 'skippy' "derives" at a reasonable conclusion!
Must be 'ominopitent' in the peanut butter world.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#411781 Oct 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I too wanted a son but had 2 daughters instead. They were always a complete joy to raise and when they grew up and had children, I was blessed with 3 grandsons. Now, I get to enjoy them as a grandparent which is so much funner than raising them. I get to do all those things that I wanted to do with a son but then I can send them home..Its so much more fun..Try to keep those boys away as long as possible though. The teen years for my girls was a nightmare for me. LOL
Well, I have one tomboy, one cheerleader, and one rebel.... Oy. You'll be able to find me at the bar.

Location hidden

#411782 Oct 17, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I care if you believe me....You are just a faceless character, who was in prison, 20yrs cocaine addition, and more than likely prostitution. Most statistically,they all end up there. You know have to make the money for that snort.... most will do anything to get it. Just facts . You are fifty years old, going back to school starting totally over. So, I am worried what you think. Jealous much? LOL Doubtful.
No, Miss Christian of the year. I didnt have to sell my body, I sold the drugs to support my habit. Does that satisfy your evil curosity? Thats all in the past and I have a God who has forgiven me so your judgemental spirit will not cause any harm to me in that area. Only a evil person would make smart remarks about somebody who never gives up. Yes, I am going to school so I can get a degree that is required by the state and take my personal experience along with my book knowledge and help others who may need some help. Unlike YOU, who would rather look down their noses at others, I will be following God's plan for my life and giving to others. You remain on topix and ridicule people. Thats seems to be your retirement plan.

Location hidden

#411783 Oct 17, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have one tomboy, one cheerleader, and one rebel.... Oy. You'll be able to find me at the bar.
LOL..I have been there and done that. Good luck dad. It is an adventure. I survived it and I am sure that you will too.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#411784 Oct 17, 2012
The christians are winning this thread.. fact

The bible is the holy word of God!! anybody that says diff is saying God is a liar...

Jesus is the only way to heaven.. another fact

Location hidden

#411785 Oct 17, 2012
lord ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all I will say to you!!!! You don't know what this person has said to others and if you do you prove my point that you have been on here under a diffrent name before and you have lost now you backtrack and come on again to fight again so thanks for playing
That isn't the reason you do that. You spew hate to everybody. You change names when you have insulted everybody and then start all over again with your new name. All the while, you claim to be a christian. I have not seen ONE civil post from you. Its a game to you. A sick one but a game none the less
Knowledge

United States

#411786 Oct 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Miss Christian of the year. I didnt have to sell my body, I sold the drugs to support my habit. Does that satisfy your evil curosity? Thats all in the past and I have a God who has forgiven me so your judgemental spirit will not cause any harm to me in that area. Only a evil person would make smart remarks about somebody who never gives up. Yes, I am going to school so I can get a degree that is required by the state and take my personal experience along with my book knowledge and help others who may need some help. Unlike YOU, who would rather look down their noses at others, I will be following God's plan for my life and giving to others. You remain on topix and ridicule people. Thats seems to be your retirement plan.
When you attack me....I bite back. Don't play with the big dogs if you can't get off the porch. Jesus told me to turn the other cheek but he did not tell me how many times.... You got just deserts. Chew on it, humble pie sometimes is the best medicine. You brought it on yourself, you forget, your hate for me is I had authority over people like you, and you hate me for it. Get over it. Nobody cares, your stories change about your family dying now your dog. You are a habitual liar, who tries to play the good guy with a sympathy card. I am the bad guy, why are you calling me, Mrs Christian, of the year. I could careless what anyone thinks of me, or if anyone likes me. I speak the truth, and you call me mean. You have no idea what you want to say, your brain is fried from the 20 years of over use of drugs. If you sold drugs you served more than six months, in a minimum security...you lie again. You have wasted enough of my time.

Location hidden

#411787 Oct 17, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I care if you believe me....You are just a faceless character, who was in prison, 20yrs cocaine addition, and more than likely prostitution. Most statistically,they all end up there. You know have to make the money for that snort.... most will do anything to get it. Just facts . You are fifty years old, going back to school starting totally over. So, I am worried what you think. Jealous much? LOL Doubtful.
Knowledge, You are just like the pharisee in this parable..

Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else:

“Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer:‘I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don’t cheat, I don’t sin, and I don’t commit adultery. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying,‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’

I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke 18: 9-14
lord ha ha

United States

#411788 Oct 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I think is funny GRACE WITCHEPOO!!!! You showed AGAIN who your daddy is!! Last nite you were so hate filled and you and your buddy moon wind dancer were making some vile. Accusations that KNOWLEDGE was looking at the men on here you REALLY showed what a FINE christian "YOU" are you kept attacking her and she knocked each of you childish INSULTS!!! And when that got you no where you started talking about making up FALSE statements and in doing so showed WITHOUT a doubt your a liar. And HYPOCRITE so don't need anything more from you your a WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING just as simple as that your spirt is the same as your buddies DOG NYMPH SPELL etc
Knowledge

United States

#411789 Oct 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't the reason you do that. You spew hate to everybody. You change names when you have insulted everybody and then start all over again with your new name. All the while, you claim to be a christian. I have not seen ONE civil post from you. Its a game to you. A sick one but a game none the less
Yet you do the exact same thing. Huh........but you attack and spew hate to the Christians.LOL Forget it gracie, I don't think you would be his type.LOL

Location hidden

#411790 Oct 17, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
When you attack me....I bite back. Don't play with the big dogs if you can't get off the porch. Jesus told me to turn the other cheek but he did not tell me how many times.... You got just deserts. Chew on it, humble pie sometimes is the best medicine. You brought it on yourself, you forget, your hate for me is I had authority over people like you, and you hate me for it. Get over it. Nobody cares, your stories change about your family dying now your dog. You are a habitual liar, who tries to play the good guy with a sympathy card. I am the bad guy, why are you calling me, Mrs Christian, of the year. I could careless what anyone thinks of me, or if anyone likes me. I speak the truth, and you call me mean. You have no idea what you want to say, your brain is fried from the 20 years of over use of drugs. If you sold drugs you served more than six months, in a minimum security...you lie again. You have wasted enough of my time.
Unless you can prove the details of my life then shut your smart aleck mouth. My dad died just 3 monts ago. Do you enjoy bringing up pain in someones life? And yes, My 16 year old poodle is dying. I may have to have her put to sleep. I never said how long I served in prison and it frankly isnt any of you business. I had a lot of respect for the officers when I was in prison AND they treated me with respect. ONLY the chrisians on here throw up my past..ever notice that? I am not ashamed of my past..I learned from it. Maybe you should. You are the biggest hypocite I have ever seen. You would know the truth if you would study it

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#411791 Oct 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The cuneiform tablets containing the Genesis flood have been dated by several methods to between 2750 and 2500 BCE. Thus the The Flood occured millenia earlier than that for UR to have been built up to a large urban center ruling all of Mesopotamia and beyond.
The temples at Gobelki Tepe are 10,000 years old and have no evidence of being flooded.
Fundamentalist claims that 'Creation' occurred 6000 years ago is based only on the opinion and bad math of Bishop Usher circa 1600 AD. It is meaningless, baseless and extremely wrong.
Thanks for responding!

Location hidden

#411796 Oct 17, 2012
I don't like to be controversial. Not here on this thread or on my Facebook page or in my real life. It's not who I am. But there's something I've discovered the last couple months related to an attitude we Christians sometimes take on.

An air of superiority.

I write this post in the most transparent way I possibly can, and I put myself out there because I hope that someone might have a revelation based on my mistakes (they are many). But sometimes people feel the need to "correct" said revelations with what they feel is truth, and to be honest, it's kind of a turn off.

See, here's the deal. We're all growing and learning, but my truth isn't necessarily going to be the same as yours because what God is doing in my life is different than what he's doing in yours. And it's pretty hard to have a breakthrough and have someone tell you for some reason that it's wrong.

I've discovered some eye-opening things sitting over here on the sidelines the past two months.

During this time, I've watched and listened to people who don't particularly like Christians. Do I think it's fair to group us all together based on the actions of one person? No way. But it has caused me to go into myself and analyze my own behavior...because the fact is, I never want to be the reason someone walks away from God.

I've had to shift my own thinking several times because, I'm embarrassed to admit, sometimes these behaviors were my own.

This is in no way an exhaustive list, but here are five reasons {some} people don't like {some} Christians:

continued on next page..
continued on next page..

Location hidden

#411797 Oct 17, 2012
1. Some Christians presume to know more than they really know.

Like I said above, revelation is different for everyone. My God-breathed revelation may just be common sense to you and vice versa. We can't assume we know what someone else is going through or how God is dealing with them. In short, we don't know everything. A sense of being a know-it-all is one of the fastest ways to turn someone off. Especially someone who didn't ask for your opinion in the first place.

2. Some Christians rebuke and condemn rather than encourage and uplift.

Because we believe the Bible is the Word of God, it's a very black and white world for us Christ-followers. But what we don't always realize is that the world at large lives in various shades of gray. Fifty, to be exact. We're all at different points in our Christian walk, and one of the fastest ways to drive someone away from God is to hand over a list of everything they are doing wrong. I'm not saying it's right to condone sin, but there's a way to share truth...having a God-revelation is, by nature, uplifting...if no one sees that, why would they want what you're offering?

3. Some Christians live in denial of their own sin, choosing instead to judge only the sins of others.

We all know people who never admit they're wrong about anything. Ever. Instead, they point fingers and talk about how they were once lost like you are. It's impossible to receive from someone who admits no wrong. At the same time, walking through life with a phony smile, pretending all is right in your world (when it's so obviously not) also serves no purpose. God can use our pain if we let him. Otherwise, what was the point of it in the first place?

4. We're all sinners. Yep. Even the Christians.

The fact is, sin is sin, which means none of us are better than anyone else. We have to remember we're all saved by grace...whether our sin is murder or gossip or something else entirely. It's easy to justify our own wrong-doing when it's "not as bad as that guy's." But not a single one of us deserves what God's offering. I'm shamed when I think of my own thoughts in this area. That as long as I don't do XY or Z I must be doing pretty good...but that other guy...yow! I'd hate to be lost like he is. That judgmental attitude has never served anyone well. If this list were in any particular order, I think this would be #1.

5. Some Christians forget that Jesus loved everyone.

It didn't matter who you were or where you came from or what you'd done...it didn't surprise Jesus. It didn't turn him off. He didn't withdraw his offering because someone else didn't have it all figured out yet, but we sometimes do. We shake our heads at the indiscretions of others, shameful acts that we would never do. But this behavior can separate us from the love of Christ, don't you think?
Still...SO MANY Christians are committed to doing GOOD.

On the sidelines, I've witnessed these things over and over again...but thankfully, I've also seen Christians who demonstrate the exact opposite of this behavior. They are loving and kind and doing their best. They're honest and faithful and look for ways to build up rather than tear down.

It's hard when people condemn you for your beliefs (no matter what they are), but the best chance we have at painting Jesus in a good light is to rise above, to listen and not to condemn.

I saw this on facebook and thought it fit perfectly

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#411800 Oct 17, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That was what Simply said, yes.
If he'd spent less time "studying" it and more time just "reading" it, he might've been better off.
There's a lesson in there.
Most of the time "I am studying the Bible" is actually "I am trying to memorize all the dosma and doctrines of my particular sect."

Most of them could no more "study the Bible" than they could build a space shuttle.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#411801 Oct 17, 2012
preterism wrote:
There's but one way to get to heaven and that's to be a Christian and that happens by going to the only true church, which is the Church of Christ.
ROFLMAO

Over a billion Catholics are wrong ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#411802 Oct 17, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
The christians are winning this thread.. fact....
Yup.
Viking, Knowledge and the other lying pretenders are only demonstrating their god is a worthless POS, AKA Satan.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Holland, MI

#411803 Oct 17, 2012
preterism wrote:
There's but one way to get to heaven and that's to be a Christian and that happens by going to the only true church, which is the Church of Christ.
The ghost of Simply Said.
Knowledge

United States

#411804 Oct 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you can prove the details of my life then shut your smart aleck mouth. My dad died just 3 monts ago. Do you enjoy bringing up pain in someones life? And yes, My 16 year old poodle is dying. I may have to have her put to sleep. I never said how long I served in prison and it frankly isnt any of you business. I had a lot of respect for the officers when I was in prison AND they treated me with respect. ONLY the chrisians on here throw up my past..ever notice that? I am not ashamed of my past..I learned from it. Maybe you should. You are the biggest hypocite I have ever seen. You would know the truth if you would study it
When you attack me sweetheart, I give it right back. You put your own crap on a public forum, that was your idea. You constantly put it in everyone's face, nobody cares. Let's hold a pity party for grace....not happening with me. You think you can analyze every person, and tell them what is wrong with them? You judge the Christians and the nonbelievers by the way they are not retarded they don't need your counseling... Do I care what you think of me? Let's see...Nope. Everyone has their own problems but they don't put it on a public forum. You calling me a hag, old, dumb, hypocrite, liar, adultress, and gossiper, blasphemer ......you get just what you deserve... JUST DESERTS.I am sure you are familiar with that term. Do I have pity for you......no mercy here....you haven't earned it. You have had a boner for me since you found out I was a retired C/O . Push on simpleton, you're a fake. I got your number that is why it is so important that you talk about me to the nonbelievers...The Christians have turned a deaf ear to you, and some of the Nonbelievers are starting to figure you out. You are a con, and will always be a con. End of story... You brought this ALL on yourself. Do I hate you? No, I pity you. You are in the hands of a just God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,469
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,959
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Michael 703,645
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 8
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,075
Are you paying for public service? 2 hr annebonney 1
The most DOMINATE NBA Players of ALL-TIME......... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1