Godzilla

Japan

#409825 Oct 11, 2012
51. Psalm 21:8-11 Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those
that hate thee. Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine
anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall
devour them. Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed
from among the children of men. For they intended evil against thee…:.
Godzilla

Japan

#409826 Oct 11, 2012
52. Psalms 59:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash
his feet in the blood of the wicked
Godzilla

Japan

#409827 Oct 11, 2012
53. Psalms 73:12,18-
Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world…Surely thou didst
set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly
consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when
thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
Godzilla

Japan

#409828 Oct 11, 2012
54. Psalms 149:6-9 Let the saints be joyful in glory…Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the
heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with
chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the
judgment written: this honour have all his saints
Godzilla

Japan

#409829 Oct 11, 2012
55. Proverbs 10:27 …The years of the wicked shall be shortened… the expectation of the
wicked shall perish…destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity…the
wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
Godzilla

Japan

#409830 Oct 11, 2012
56. Proverbs 11:5-7 …The wicked shall fall by his own wickedness… transgressors shall be taken
in their own naughtiness. When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall
perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.
lord ha ha

United States

#409831 Oct 11, 2012
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a member of the infamous church of hate that knowledge belongs to.
Knock yourself out.
Hey dogface!!!! You need a shave!!!
Godzilla

Japan

#409832 Oct 11, 2012
57. Proverbs 15:9-11 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD…Hell and
destruction are before the LORD.
Godzilla

Japan

#409833 Oct 11, 2012
58. Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the
day of evil.
Godzilla

Japan

#409834 Oct 11, 2012
59. Proverbs 16:5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though
hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
Godzilla

Japan

#409835 Oct 11, 2012
60. Proverbs 29:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
Godzilla

Japan

#409836 Oct 11, 2012
61. Isaiah 1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be
together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#409837 Oct 11, 2012
@ Knowledge:

"I hope this helps you understand."
/// Understanding was not the goal of my comment. My goal was to see your (or anyones) opinion concerning my comment. I do appreciate the response though.///

"If you do not teach your children to do what is right what would happen? They would rape, steal, murder whatever they wanted . Then they would end up in jail or possibly the death sentence...Right?"
/// That is a distinct possibility but not always the norm. Many children have been raised in sh*tty households and terrible environments for social nurturing and they thye still grow up to be productive citizens.///

"So,if they are bad, you have to punish them out of love, so they understand that they did wrong."
/// I would not punish an adult child of mine whom I have instilled the best that I could in them. Once they leave on their own they are free to choose whatever path they want to...some with my blessing, others not but still it is their choice to make and I have done what I can to guide them towards what is right.

So with that my question does remain that why a "god" would punish or be spiteful over his creation when he gave them free will and released them into the world knowing that they have the choice to do what they want? It speaks to me of a "god" that wants control over everything and if he cannot control it, he gets angry.

Seriously...it sounds like "god" has control and anger issues.///

Godzilla

Japan

#409838 Oct 11, 2012
62. Isaiah 5:9—14 In mine ears said the LORD of hosts, Of a truth many houses shall be
desolate, even great and fair, without inhabitant…. Woe unto them that rise
up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until
night, till wine inflame them!… but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands….Therefore my people are gone
into captivity…Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her
mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their
pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it
Godzilla

Japan

#409840 Oct 11, 2012
63. Isaiah 5:21-24 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle
strong drink: Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the
righteousness of the righteous from him. Therefore as the fire devoureth the
stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as
rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have
cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the
Holy One of Israel
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#409841 Oct 11, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
@ Knowledge:
"I hope this helps you understand."
/// Understanding was not the goal of my comment. My goal was to see your (or anyones) opinion concerning my comment. I do appreciate the response though.///
"If you do not teach your children to do what is right what would happen? They would rape, steal, murder whatever they wanted . Then they would end up in jail or possibly the death sentence...Right?"
/// That is a distinct possibility but not always the norm. Many children have been raised in sh*tty households and terrible environments for social nurturing and they thye still grow up to be productive citizens.///
"So,if they are bad, you have to punish them out of love, so they understand that they did wrong."
/// I would not punish an adult child of mine whom I have instilled the best that I could in them. Once they leave on their own they are free to choose whatever path they want to...some with my blessing, others not but still it is their choice to make and I have done what I can to guide them towards what is right.
So with that my question does remain that why a "god" would punish or be spiteful over his creation when he gave them free will and released them into the world knowing that they have the choice to do what they want? It speaks to me of a "god" that wants control over everything and if he cannot control it, he gets angry.
Seriously...it sounds like "god" has control and anger issues.///
I would never punish an adult child either. Once they leave the nest, they have to make their own decisions. If they ask for help, you try to give them good advice.Most parents do the best they can. I suppose one day, we all will find out when we meet him face to face, all questions will be answered.
Godzilla

Japan

#409842 Oct 11, 2012
64. Isaiah 5:25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he
hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and
the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the
streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is
stretched out still.
Godzilla

Japan

#409843 Oct 11, 2012
65. Isaiah 9:18-19 For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and
shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting
up of smoke. Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land
darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall
spare his brother

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#409844 Oct 11, 2012
Godzilla wrote:
36. Psalms 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for
wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.
There is no such thing as your pagan Hell.

The Hebrew word is Sheol which is best rendered in English as "grave".

All that psalm says is "Let them die soon for being wicked"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#409845 Oct 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."—Jeremiah 31:31–34
And it says nothing about a Jesus, Messiah, Man-God, crucifixion, virgin birth, ressurection, Bible, Paul, Pope, Chrisitans, ad infinitum.

Coull apply to anything form Jesus to Muhammad to Moshe Dyan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min Seentheotherside 608,261
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min truth 39,644
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min RADEKT 269,038
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min PELE78 810,318
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min hojo 574,332
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min Al Capone 5,562
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min ANAL SEX ADVOCATE 97,906
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 19 hr viky235 164
More from around the web