God.
Rev 3:1-2

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#409582 Oct 10, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what the Germans call "hineininterpretieren " or reading something in a text that simply not there, but what you like to read.
If that was Jesus objection he should have said so. He did not. He rebuked people for wanting to stone the woman on the grounds that they should have pity on the woman being imperfect themselves.
This is rather strange as Gods commands are rather devoid of this pity.
<quoted text>
"Shall surely" be put to death" does not leave much room for pity.
We see this all the time with bible, as it is so crude, it need constant reinterpretation to make it more humane. This leads people in a wonderland where nothing means what it says and priests can fool people into thinking anything.
It only leads to more contradictions. If Jesus wanted the woman to have a fair trial, meaning stoning her "surely" after her guilt was established beyond doubt, Christians have to start stoning again.
And if we use this kind of reasoning we should apply it throughout. Then we must also accept people being killed for working on Sabbath after a proper process to establish their guilt. But that is never done, it is only used when the priests want to change the meaning. When the literal meaning is liked they use that, otherwise they start interpreting to change it.
What it actually does, is destroy any sense of understanding for common people making them dependent on the fantasies of their priests. Even fundamentalist claiming to believe in the literal truth of the book are constantly doing this.
Let us rather accept what is plain for every intelligent outsider: the Bible is not a work of ethics and was never meant to be. Rather then uplifting people to higher ethics it is meant to lead common people astray.
It is not a coincidence that when leaders want to start a new murder campaign the holy book is used to give the people the right motivation. It is an instrument designed for this purpose.
If the bible was a book of ethics it would not teach morals but would invite people to develop their own ethics based on universal human values. It rarely does this. In fact this story is one of the few in which Jesus does this. Christians see this as some kind of world wonder because the are taught that people are evil and need this lesson.
I myself think people are generally much more kind and loving than the bible wants to make us believe. If people do bad things is a combination of bad character and mostly wrong upbringing. The bible has been able to turn kind people in relentless murderers by her confusing moral.
Take Moses, he sees an Egyptian hitting a Jew and he kills him on the spot and then hides the body. Self-justice. Does God condemn him for this barbaric act? No Gods sees it as recommendation to make him the new Jewish leader. And later in his career Moses does his genocides for God with true fanaticism. What is true message here? Kill the unbelievers and gentiles, a message that is constantly impressed throughout the book. That is why we still have these raving fanatics everywhere. They are not mad, the picked up on the real meaning that later interpretations try to hide.
We only have what people long after the fact remembered or were told second-hand. We do no know exactly what Jesus said but given the circumstances in the sory, it wa a lynch mob and Jesus stopped it the best way he knew how.

In a similar situatin, a cop wouldn;t say "Stop yur under arrest, he would appeal to the mob's own hypocricy "Comeon, you don;t want to do that, you will be no better than that scumbag you want to kill."

Common sense and reality goes a long way to understanding the scriptures.
Godzilla

Japan

#409584 Oct 10, 2012
136. God Judges
Church at
Laodicea
s
Church at
Laodicea
“And unto the angel of the
church of the Laodiceans
write…I know thy works, that
thou art neither cold nor hot: I
would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art
lukewarm, and neither cold nor
hot, I will spue thee out of my
mouth. Because thou sayest, I
am rich, and increased with
goods, and have need of
nothing; and knowest not that
thou art wretched, and
miserable, and poor, and blind,
and naked: I counsel thee to
buy of me gold tried in the fire,
that thou mayest be rich; and
white raiment, that thou mayest
be clothed, and that the shame
of thy nakedness do not
appear; and anoint thine eyes
with eyesalve, that thou mayest
see. As many as I love, I rebuke
and chasten: be zealous
therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:14-19

“Love much, trust none”

There

#409585 Oct 10, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
... There are many scriptures in different books...
So the Bible isn't the "Only Word of God" ?

ROFLMAO

Was this one written by 'freewill'?
Godzilla

Japan

#409587 Oct 10, 2012
VII.“God Loves Everyone” is Straight from Satan and the Most Damning
Concept Known to Man
“God loves everyone” is straight from the mind of Satan and his ministers that serve him. In
essence “God loves everyone” means that man can lead a sinful life, violate the
commandments of God daily, not fear Him and still go to heaven. It means that man does
not have to be accountable for his/her sins and that there is not a Day of Judgment when
men receive the things done in the body whether it be good or evil.“God loves everyone”
falsely implies that there is only one attribute of God (love) and that there is no hell and no
dichotomy between heaven and hell. Romans 9:18 “Therefore hath he mercy on whom he
will have mercy, whom he will he hardeneth…What if God, willing to show his wrath and to
make his power known, endured much long suffering the vessels of wrath fitted for
destruction.“God loves everyone” teaches that since God loves everyone that there is no
need to fear Him.” Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son be admonished: of
making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear
the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the
whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing,
whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

At the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:1) Satan is described as a serpent that “was more subtle
than any beast of the field.” Eve told Satan in Genesis 3:3 “But of the fruit of the tree which is
in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest
ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die; For God doth know that
in the day ye east thereof, they your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing
good and evil. Satan hath beguiled this generation to believe the false doctrine that “God
loves everyone” when in fact the scriptures say otherwise.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#409588 Oct 10, 2012
LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Since, you live in between two mirrors, you have no point. Besides, how can you determine good or bad behavior, that would be judging. Which means that you accept our statement that homosexuality is a sin and abomination, which leads to the pits of eternal hell and the lake of fire. Not bad, huh?
awww poor widdle baby, got caught in your lies and hypocrissy. tsk tsk. as usual you show how ugly a christurd you really are.

no surprise there.

OCTOBER IS NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH

“Love much, trust none”

There

#409589 Oct 10, 2012
Going to bed. Skipping many pages. I'll catch y'all in the reruns. LOL

'Nite
Godzilla

Japan

#409590 Oct 10, 2012
“God Loves Everyone”
a/k/a:
God Loves and Accepts All People Unconditionally No Matter What
God’s Attributes are ONLY Love and Forgiveness for All
God Has No Anger and Is Accepting of All Behaviors
God Is Not A God of Judgment And Has No Standards
Is Irrefutably Denied In the Bible by the
Following 701 Passages
Godzilla

Japan

#409592 Oct 10, 2012
1. Rev. 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured
out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be
tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels,
and in the presence of the Lamb.
Godzilla

Japan

#409593 Oct 10, 2012
2. Jeremiah 25:15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this
fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink
it. And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the
sword that I will send among them. Then took I the cup at the LORD’S
hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent
me: To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the
princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and
a curse; as it is this day

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#409594 Oct 10, 2012
LlE Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Bad behavior, nope that would be you judging, and judge not les ye be judged. So, I judge that homosexuality is a sin and worthy of hell and eternal damnation.
christerdom fried your brain.

i am an atheist. i do not have to follow your pretend god. so the JUDGE NOT........BE JUDGED does not apply to me!!!!!!!

dog, you really are this dumb!

OCTOBER IS NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
Godzilla

Japan

#409595 Oct 10, 2012
3. Jude 14-15 Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute
judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of
all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all
their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and
their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in
admiration because of advantage. But, beloved, remember ye the words
which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How
that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should
walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate
themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#409596 Oct 10, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>The story of Lot was also a fabrication. Abram had completed a military campaign, when he was informed that Lot and his family were captured by the opposing forces. He then regrouped his forces and calvary units and defeated the enemy, freeing his family and recovering their possessions.
You lie a lot. I've been keeping count.
Godzilla

Japan

#409597 Oct 10, 2012
4. Rev. 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they
have no rest, day nor night…
Godzilla

Japan

#409598 Oct 10, 2012
5. Deut 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell,
and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the
foundations of the mountains.
Godzilla

Japan

#409599 Oct 10, 2012
6. Isaiah 30:33 For hell is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; He hath made it
deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the
LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#409600 Oct 10, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you actually read the Bible? Most people think there was only one flood but there had to have been two. There are many scriptures in different books if one puts it all together. I started researching some things and if one reads the Bible closely it would match to the scientists who goes against the Bible.Most denominations do not accept it. I especially like reading prophecies of the dreams and visions of the end of times. It is like looking back in time trying to visualize what they where trying to write. There is one part that I love I believe it was in Daniel, when he wrote of iron claws and it had scorpions tails. He descibed the sounds it was making . I think it was even talking about in the eye of it was a man, he saw it in the sky. Doesn't that sound like a military helicopter? There is another I would have to find it but to me it is something described as a tank. Anyway they were in Revelations and Daniel. For the Bible to be so old when it was written, they had no clue on what they where seeing, and trying to describe. That really interests me. Thanks for the information.
Oh yes. Several times. There were several floods. A few extreme(those having been documented by early civilizations), but still not worldwide, unless you consider the ignorance of commons.
The descriptions you share here are common in ancient texts. In ancient Indian texts there are writings including flight manuals, and the proper diet and physical care of pilots, descriptions of ground craft, local flight craft, intercontinental flight craft, and interstellar craft etc. They even understood about the problems of transversing different levels of our atmosphere, common knowledge to pilots today-not then.
Yes, very interesting...>>Still working on the big picture<<
Godzilla

Japan

#409601 Oct 10, 2012
7. 2 Thes. 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them
that trouble you;

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#409602 Oct 10, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
What a wild coincidence! That's *exactly* what viking used to say!!
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 22:18 - "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live."
You already told me that. As a matter of fact, three of your brothers in christ came to my home last year, looking to kill me. They missed. Two of them are now getting their asses raped in the prison showers every day, and the one with the gun hung himself, and is now pushing up the daisies. So much for the power and efficacy of your "savior."

Your jesus blows donkeys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 560,460
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Dave Nelson 778,330
Moses never existed 16 min Khatru 827
Bingone (Nov '13) 19 min Bingone 13
The Topix Keepers (Dec '10) 21 min A noted Ferrerman 15,816
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 27 min Johnny 4,895
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min scirocco 119,692
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,446
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,335
More from around the web