Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#402303 Sep 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely..But do we have to attack the human? Who are these folks destroying? Aren't the Religious people bullying them as well? I don't defend them because they are believers or not, There are some true loving Christians that I have also defended. To those who are claiming to represent God (a loving God) and curse and belittle others instead of SHOWING them the love that we are suppose to show them are more worthy of being attacked and rebuked..It does NOT show WHO we are FOR..ONLY what we are AGAINST..I cant find anywhere in the Bible that tells us to do that. Have a great day.
"Have a great day"?

cmon now, don't hit & run!:)

i hear what you're saying and i completely agree. however, we do war and our warfare often is fought by exposing the darkness with the light through our words when they're also the Words of God:)
do it yourself

United States

#402304 Sep 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lighten up..Why did that offend YOU so much? AND who is WE?? Are you BOTH typing? I follow exactly what I know is true. If you follow as closely as you claim, You should see as clearly as I do why this sounds all too familiar. Are you another religious fanatic that only practices how GOOD you are while pointing your finger at others? That's not Christianity THATS RELIGION..Of course, i cant really blame you, I lived that religious life once too until I found out that Jesus freed me from it. He freed you too but if you wont take the time to learn it then you will be just a sinner with a stone tied to your feet i....religion..mans attempt to reach God WHILE I will continue my faith In Jesus..Christianity..Gods attempt to reach man..
"Wherefore,let him that thinketh he standeth,take heed lest he fall"
1 Cor 10:12

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#402305 Sep 26, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>show me where it says he is not!!!!! LOST ONE
Then I must be surely be God because it doesn't say I am not.

Actually the Bibkle does say I am a god but since you never read teh Bible.....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402306 Sep 26, 2012
Hi Grace!

Been threw a slew of pages and thought the only Christian here had left for good. <smile>

Seems you and our Muslim friend are the only ones who care more about Jesus and God than their own opinions and egos.

I think this thread should have been "Why 'Christians' are no longer Christians".
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge, You must know the Bibical MEANING of REPENTANCE. Even in your above statement that Jesus said to GO SIN NO MORE and to REPENT.. HERE IS WHAT BIBICAL REPENTANCE MEANS.. You seem to think that repentance means to ask for forgiveness or to stop sinning..That is NOT what it means...Please read this
Question: "What is repentance and is it necessary for salvation?"
Answer: Many understand the term repentance to mean “turning from sin.” This is NOT the biblical definition of repentance. In the Bible, the word repent means “to change one’s mind.” The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions (Luke 3:8-14; Acts 3:19). Acts 26:20 declares,“I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.” The full biblical definition of repentance is a change of mind that results in a change of action.
What, then, is the connection between repentance and salvation? The Book of Acts seems to especially focus on repentance in regards to salvation (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20). To repent, in relation to salvation, is to change your mind in regard to Jesus Christ. In Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2), he concludes with a call for the people to repent (Acts 2:38). Repent from what? Peter is calling the people who rejected Jesus (Acts 2:36) to change their minds about Him, to recognize that He is indeed “Lord and Christ”(Acts 2:36). Peter is calling the people to change their minds from rejection of Christ as the Messiah to faith in Him as both Messiah and Savior.
Repentance and faith can be understood as “two sides of the same coin.” It is impossible to place your faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior without first changing your mind about who He is and what He has done. Whether it is repentance from willful rejection or repentance from ignorance or disinterest, it is a change of mind. Biblical repentance, in relation to salvation, is changing your mind from rejection of Christ to faith in Christ.
Are you open minded enough to read this? Its the Word of God, SO who is twisting His words?? You are but only because you dont understand it.. I believe you started out on here with a sincere heart but you allowed your flesh to take over..Pride will get the best of you if you dont allow yourself the opportunity to learn

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#402307 Sep 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So 50 years of "atheist atrocities" (although Nazis were Christians) is worse than 17 CENTURIES of Christian Atrocities ?
All attrocities are attrocities. Christians are no better than anyone else and at times far worse.
when people call the nazi's "christian", it's a clear indication of what spirit the slanderous person is coming from. thank you!;)
do it yourself

United States

#402308 Sep 26, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Being atheist does not remove my sense of humor or my agreeing that an individual can choose whatever they want to believe.
You must think that someone who does not believe in a "god" is against those that do? That is a misconception amongst theists who do not educate themselves or are not strong enough in their own faith, IMO.
And this all I will say to YOU!!! Sir

2 cor: 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with UNBELIEVERS for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#402309 Sep 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
5 reasons why preachers are afraid to preach grace..
1) Grace can be mistaken as a license to sin—and the last thing we want to do in our preaching is encourage sin. But for the believing heart, it provides the very motivation to say "No" to sin. It is grace and grace alone that will empower people to overcome sin! The road to victory over sin is paved with grace.
2) Preaching grace will undo sacrificial giving. Actually, for those giving from a confused motive to start with, it may well affect their giving. But if preaching grace decreases your church's giving (which is unlikely over the long run), then better to make due on less money than to elicit more money in a graceless or manipulative manner that leaves people in legalistic bondage.
There is nothing like grace, properly understood, to unleash greater giving, because the heart of grace is God’s own incredible sacrificial giving. Sure, manipulation can achieve a short-term and short-lived result. But grace is the path to long-term, sustained results in the hearts of people.
3) It could lead to a drop in attendance. Similar to giving, grace motivates the believer to engage and not pull back. If your church members are coming because you’ve withheld grace or exercised law over them, it’s only a matter of time before they stop coming anyway.
Grace will not rob a preacher of the right to say the hard words or make challenges or ask for commitment. It enables a preacher to make challenges with the best hope of a lasting result. Preaching grace with power will yield a greater long-term result than will legalistic manipulation.
4) We will be perceived as morally spineless or, worse yet, actually encouraging sin. Grace never has, and properly understood, never will encourage sin. Grace was bought by God at the highest of prices. And grace dispensed from that account will never take sin lightly. But it will address it from a different posture—and actually empower victory over it.
5) Grace may lead to a deemphasis on truth. Actually, grace emboldens a proclamation of truth because it provides the only appealing path back to truth. The path to truth and holy living is paved not with manipulation but with grace.
thank you for this! is there any condition associated with receiving this Grace and/or God's Love?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#402310 Sep 26, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
Got a question for ANYONE who can answer:
Which Day Did GOD Make All The Fossils ???
Thank You.
Blessed Be.
MWD
..Alright..here is the best that I can do..I am aware that there are also different beliefs on the actual age of the Earth but I dont think God "made fossils". He made the animals that became fossils. I know the Bible says that God created the world in 7 days but how are we to know just how long "one day" is to God? He says that 1 day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day..I wish it was so much more simple than it is..I know that dinosaurs are spoke of in the bible..Maybe the flood had some buried so deep that they are just finding them today..How they came back into exitance after the flood?? My guess would be that not all dinosaurs were giants. Noah may have had some on the ark. There were giant humans back then so I wouldnt doubt that some animals were giant..Just a guess but we will never have the answer..just assumptions. I will continue looking for more info on it though..What is your ideas on this?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402312 Sep 26, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that "sin" - as referred to the early Jews - is in many ways, outside the realm of the 'action taken' world - which would agree with Jesus, when one applies "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - because one can analyze oneself, and find these "sins" on their own, through honesty, thought pondering, and even through meditation - all of which Jesus promoted - as well as, resolving and reconciling them through those same means.
Jesus may have stated some very thought-provoking words, and if one really pays a closer attention to them, there is no explicit "telling" anyone to do anything, except "know yourself". Plain and simple - "are you honest with yourself and others?"
But we still arrive at 'Self', and if one takes this deeper, one can understand that 'Self' could also be 'Spirit', consciousness,'being','mind', and all other kinds of words that express a sense of "knowing" - using ourselves to reach that instance/moment.
Many will disagree with this and/or many of my views. Fine - so it is what it is. These "proverbial wisdoms" work for me and I've given my life many positive attributes, because they are very plausible and can be adapted to any life.
Thus IMO - and in the words of JustWow @2009 - "Everyone is Right!" -- is closely paralleling what Jesus envisioned if people had listened to him, rather than a collection of texts describing a "follower" lifestyle - as described by men.
Afterall - "the gate is narrow"....right?
:o)
You reminded me of the 12 steps of AA.

Atheist rendering by me:

1. We admitted we were powerless over reality.
2. Came to believe that a philosophy greater than egotism could makes us better people.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to a non-egocetric philosophy.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to eliminate all our defects of character.
7. Humbly attempted to overcome our self-destructive egotism.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through conemplation and meditation to improve our conscious contact with humanity, seeking only for knowledge of our purpose in life and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a philosophical awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Abrahamic Faiths rendering by me:

1. We admitted we were powerless over sin.
2. Came to believe that God and the teachings of Jesus could restore us to righteousness.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402313 Sep 26, 2012
^^^^^

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who fail are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple way of life, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them can change their lives if they have the capacity to be honest.

(Paraphrased by me)

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#402314 Sep 26, 2012
I've changed my views on this more than once and to tell you the truth I want to believe in God but the reality of it is I don't see God,I don't hear God and I don't feel God.
That doesn't mean that I haven't tried and when I did I meant to,I took it seriously but as the U2 song tile song goes "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."
I haven't found what I need in my life and since I'm not getting any younger and time is flying for me I don't have the patience to wait.
So with that being said,my conclusion is this,whether God really exist or not I have to believe in myself no matter if I rise or fall and when the dust settles there is only me and no one else.
Is their a supernatural force among us?,that I'm not sure of but one thing is very real to me and that is through past experiences living in a real haunted house in Southern WV is that ghosts do exist and that is as close to the supernatural that I have ever encountered and do know about but beyond that I don't know.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402315 Sep 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this..Bible does say this..Luke 17:21 nor will people say,'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." i read something interesting about the narrow gate..notice that Jesus said narrow is the gate that leads to LIFE..most take that as meaning life after death but everytime Jesus mentioned that He always refered it to Eternal Life..Never just life..Maybe He was meaning THIS life..just a thought :)
As a Jew, Jesus would have mostly refered to THIS life and when he spoke of "death" it was almost always a "spitirual death" while in THIS life.

The Hebrew term for the sfterlife is Olam Ha-Ba, never simply "life" always "afterlife". Jesus never used the term "afterlife" according to the Gospels.

(Caps for italics, not shouting)

Location hidden

#402316 Sep 26, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for this! is there any condition associated with receiving this Grace and/or God's Love?
According to The New Covenant, all that is required is to believe in the Finished work that Jesus accomplished on the cross. Its a gift..It cant be earned. The New Covenant begins in the book of Acts but doesn't really explain it clearly until the book of Romans and beyond.

God's Grace is His favor of mercy to forgive a person's sins, and to accept that repentant person as one of His sons by granting him His Holy Spirit and salvation! To receive God's Grace is a miracle and to receive salvation even a greater miracle. Yes, there are miracles today for those that can truly understand God's plan, His Gospel and His truth about Grace.
I never unstood the Bible until I learned the truth about The New Covenant and Old Covenant..The old never made any sense until i understood the New..Dont just take my word on it..Read about Grace and the Law and see how God will open your eyes. you decide which makes more sense..its easier to understand then it is to explain it, it will help you understand what jesus actually accomplished and what he meant by,,when the Son sets you free..you are free indeed..its awesome to study about..bless you

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402317 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, I guessed you missed the memo. Romeo and Juliet is NOT fiction. Shakespeare actually borrowed it from someone else. It's a real Italian tale of tragic love which goes back a very long time. Shakespeare simply made it better..........thought you'd like to know.
Shakeseare simply put the earlier The Tragical History of Romeus and Juliet by Arthur Brooke published in 1562 into an English play. Much of Shalespeares works are not his own.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402318 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
To who Zeus??
So you think God only responds to a Pagan Germanic word.

In Hebrew/Aramaic it is El, Elah and YHWH

Those are the words Jesus (not his real name either) would have used.

God by any name, or none at all, is still God.

Location hidden

#402319 Sep 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You reminded me of the 12 steps of AA.
Atheist rendering by me:
1. We admitted we were powerless over reality.
2. Came to believe that a philosophy greater than egotism could makes us better people.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to a non-egocetric philosophy.
5. Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to eliminate all our defects of character.
7. Humbly attempted to overcome our self-destructive egotism.
11. Sought through conemplation and meditation to improve our conscious contact with humanity, seeking only for knowledge of our purpose in life and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a philosophical awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Abrahamic Faiths rendering by me:
1. We admitted we were powerless over sin.
2. Came to believe that God and the teachings of Jesus could restore us to righteousness.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Awesome Post..thnk G_O_D..we are more alike then we thought. I like the way you think.:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402320 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
.... You seem to consistently take the side of atheists in his forum. What kind of a Christian is that??????????
Sounds like she is a follower of Jesus and find the atheists here follow the teachings of Jesus more than 90% of those here calling themselves Christians.

I know too many pagans, athests, liars and worshippers of satan who call themselves "Christians". It is mostly why "I am no longer a Christian".

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#402321 Sep 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
That could explain the SCREECHING...lol
And the "oh god" over and over again!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#402322 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're a Christian then how come you NEVER stick up for Paul, who is the greatest and most influential writer in Human History....
Wow! You really think Paul is beter than Jesus!

"You have your reward." "I know you not." - Jesus (the one you hate)

Location hidden

#402324 Sep 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Hi Grace!
Been threw a slew of pages and thought the only Christian here had left for good. <smile>
Seems you and our Muslim friend are the only ones who care more about Jesus and God than their own opinions and egos.
I think this thread should have been "Why 'Christians' are no longer Christians".
<quoted text>
I am going to stay right here with you..Their OWN EGO and OPINION is what the pharisee's were all about. I will change ONE word on your title though..Why Christians are no longer Religious..lol (I have to keep reminding you) J/K <wink>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,629
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 2 hr The Judge 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 981,409
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Jedi Master 673,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 5 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 6 hr What Was That 85
More from around the web