Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#402235 Sep 25, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why should you care in the slightest about my religious views?
I cannot possibly imagine.
Several people on topix, though, in the wake of various postings Iíve made on religious subjects, have asked me for an explanation of just how I arrived at my present agnosticism, or atheism, or whatever it is. So rather than answering these various people individually Iíve elected to start this forum and direct the interested parties here.
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. Iím not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I donít claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine.
Dearth of Couth
Of Course there is no God(Jesus Christ)you....You don't believe in Me. Here are the Infinite Benefits you have just thrown away!

The Thirteen Steps
1. God is One Spirit, whose Essence is love, goodness, truth and beauty. God is the Supreme Reality, the ultimate practicality. God is neither derivative, nor dependent. God exists here and now, and exists necessarily.
2. God is all powerful, thereby removing all power from form and effect.
3. God is everywhere present, and therefore, present right where I am.
4. God expresses as my individual consciousness, and appears as all wisdom, all knowledge, and all power in every situation and at every single moment of my life.
5. God manifests fully as my perfect life when I renounce the human and theological belief that God is both good and evil, and I become consciously aware that God is Infinite Good Alone, and that God is the only power, the only presence, the only law, and the only reality in the Universe.
6. God expresses as the individual consciousness of all men, but this blessed truth benefits only whose who are consciously aware of the kingdom within.
7. God has no favorite religion, race or creed, but is the heartbeat of all men for all time.
8. God is the incorporeal divine principle, appearing as Man in Time and Space.
9. God is not present in the past or future, but is actively present with us here and now.
10. God communicates intelligence and purpose every moment in our lives, giving specific guidance to each one of us at our point of need, but Godís love benefits only those who can be still and listen for that still, small voice knocking within their inner consciousness, and Those who can summon the inner courage and will to see the perfect, good, indestructible Universe, Here and Now, in spite of human appearances to the contrary.
11. God flows as an Infinite River of life, light, and understanding, through our individual God given consciousness, our minds, our bodies, and our world of earthly affairs, and God uses our individual consciousness as the gate
12. Through which God, the Infinite Good, appears as the substance of all harmonious form and the destruction of all that testifies to deceit and illusion.
13. Last, God shares all that God is, and all that God has, revealing the Divine Name, I, and the Divine Nature, Love.

Richard Petersen, Founder
Gold Money Party
http://www.goldmoneyparty.com

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#402236 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
!!!!Amen!!!!!!!!!!
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you Amening to yourself?
'Cause nobody else will. He's got like five people living inside of his head. Oh, and one cheerleader named "knowledge," who loves pro-christian profanity but hates non-christian profanity.

It's that whold double standard thing that they love so much.

“How You Treat Me”

#402237 Sep 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi wiggles!
marilyn manson got dissed by his classmates in sunday school and that's the reason he made it his life's mission to slander God and turn youth away from church through his music 'ministry'....
Which beats the hell out of being like you and your Fred Phelps friends here. You and leif erikson /viking/ revel do more to drive people away from your religion that marilyn manson does.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#402238 Sep 25, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
We CAN have some serious discussion. You seem like a very respectable person who can hold a civil but interesting debate. I will try to find an answer to your strange question..LOL..I dont know if I can though. I have one for you too. Who discovered the world was round? And why give the person the idea to search it out?? Its late and if I dont get back tonight, we will do this tomorrow..No fair though. My question was easier than yours..LOL Grace and peace to you and yours
My eyelids are having a terrible time staying open, also. It may take me some time for an answer.

Blessed Be, my friend,
MWD

“How You Treat Me”

#402239 Sep 25, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't slander something that does not exist, I strongly believe children should not be exposed to any religion, any religion until they are old enough to understand what they are being exposed to.
I've only slightly heard of marilyn manson and could give a crap about his "mission"...he's a freak.
Doesn't speak well for the sunday school gig if they allowed him to be dissed does it?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
DOESN'T EXIST?!?!
No, your god doesn't exist.

Find a better one.

“How You Treat Me”

#402243 Sep 25, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't usually jump in to another's posts, but I must do it here.
What the hell do you think you are doing, Saying rape is funny???
I took care of many a rape victim in my nursing career, from 2 year olds to 76 year olds. Trust me, there was NOTHING funny about it.
You owe all here an apology.
Don't expect much.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#402244 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that Paul was wrong jackass........stop spewing lemur shit and PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
As promised.

I do not wish to write a long post. However I wish to prove that he lied.

Hebrews 1:8-9

" 8 But about the Son he says,

ďYour throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.Ē

Now, God never can call Jesus and never called him 'God' or "O God".

In the above verses, Paul wrote ONLY ONE LINE himself: "8 But about the Son he says,"

And he copied and pasted from Psalm 45:6-7

If a person, who is not well-read or has never read the NT, the person will think and foolishly believe that God called Jesus God. And we know that is not true.

So, Paul lied!

“How You Treat Me”

#402245 Sep 25, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
2,998 people killed by Muslims on 9/11/2001.
12 million Native Americans killed by Christians....
And with less sophisticated weapons. Those old time christians were a massive murdering bunch; Fred Phelps and the fundieturds on this thread would have loved them.

“How You Treat Me”

#402247 Sep 25, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really LOOOL then why are the American leaders sucking Saudi kings dicks ?
Only Obama is doing that. I'm hoping he'll be fired by November.

“How You Treat Me”

#402248 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
because obama is a MUSLIM!!!!!
He's a christian, just like you. Remember his pastor Jeremiah Wright? No different from you and your pastor Fred Phelps.

Now, go crawl off somewhere and die.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#402249 Sep 25, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
Grace, I am not reading your posts. We don't believe the same way. You lied to me. I won't be responding to you...have a nice life. There will be no more arguments.....
Of course not. You will now assign that duty to your socks, but will fail in that also, and then break that promise and reply.
Lesson from history.

“How You Treat Me”

#402250 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
He helped my brother regrow his liver.
Livers can regenerate themselves, if the damage isn't total. It's a well known medical fact, and nothing unusual about it.

Too bad he doesn't help you regrow your brain.

You lose again, loser.

“How You Treat Me”

#402251 Sep 25, 2012
Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim terrorists justify the bombing of 9/11 because the usa supplies israel with weapons to kill palestinian civilians and as a result of the american siege over iraq that killed 2 million children .
The taliban killed those children, not the Americans.

The taliban hid weapons inside of mosques. Once they desecrated their own mosques with weapons, they became legitimate military targets.

“How You Treat Me”

#402252 Sep 25, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Although, the law was specifically given to the Israelites, we Gentiles have our own version of it written on our hearts. That's so everyone can recognize their spiritual condition and their need for God's gift through His Son.
Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.(Romans 2:14-15)
We all Ėboth Jew and Gentile alikeĖ know what it is that God desires for us. He wants all of us to have eternal life with Him. And to do that, we have to be perfectly righteous and completely sinless. The law leads us to Jesus Christ who is the only One who can make that become a reality.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bound by the Commandments..
But judging by your posts, you are not.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>....You don't have a free ride to sin.
But judging by your posts, you do.
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>You are not Jesus.......nor are you like Him!
But judging by your posts, you believe you are.

Phuque off.

Location hidden

#402254 Sep 25, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
GO AGAINST KNOWLDGE?? Are you blind? She has condemned every post that I posted and not in a very nice way. This is a debate forum...Taking sides isnt the issue. They are not the enemies Leif...Ephesians 6:12 plainly tells us that..For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. So why do the Christians who are suppose to be carrying the love of Christ to others(especially non believers) want to act like a bunch of heathens and spew hate to them? I know they dont believe and they know that I do but just because we disagree does not make us enemies. Threating them with hell and beating them over the head with bible verses that they dont believe in IS NOT going to change their minds and spewing hate will not change their hearts. WE Christians CANNOT change them. We are not God. How are they ever going to see the Love of God if we dont allow God to love them THROUGH us?? Can you respond back in a civil manner? I am through with the constant fighting..Its endless
It appears, Grace, that the only "fight" you have is with the wannabe militant legion of demons, masquerading as Christians. It is good that you showed up here. It allows us to see the difference.
Thanks!
BT42

Location hidden

#402255 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's certainly true. Let's take JUST the 20th Century shall we?? Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Hirohito, Mao Tse-Tung ......over 150 million deaths caused by Non-Christians.....IN ONLY ONE CENTURY!!!!!
YUP.......THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT CHRISTIANS!!!!!
Especially those of your brand.
At least you admit it...

Location hidden

#402256 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they can........IF THAT SOMEONE IS GOD!!!!! He can do anything......you know.....like make himself human for 33 years to die for the sins of man.......while at the same time being in Heaven. That's what makes him God. Why can't you get your mind around that??
God exists outside of Time, outside of Space; he is beyond the scope and understanding of the human mind. You cannot encapsulate God, you cannot make God finite, you cannot put limits on God. You can't box God in, you can't say "this or that is impossible" to God NOTHING is impossible.........nothing. This is where your error lies. Why can't you understand??????????
And in that same token, neither can it involve itself in it's creation if it is "outside" of time, "outside" of space, and unable to be "encapsulated" and unable to be finite.

You, yourself, have just given the provisions of associative evidence that prove there can be no "real" god.

Thank you for your testimony.

BT42

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#402257 Sep 26, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you question. Did your mother have any children that lived?? Are you really this stupid?? We were at war with Japan, and historian after historian agree that the Atomic Bomb saved hundreds of thousands of American lives. We were at war with Vietnam, they were trying to kill us..........and did. Are you for real????
I'm pro-life, but I would never bomb an abortion clinic, although abortion is nothing short of wholesale genocide.
I don't know where you got your information about Vietnam but you'd better look it up again.
We never declared war on Vietnam, they were only out to kill us after we sent troops there to replace the French who'd just gotten their ass kicked.
And the main reason we were there was to stop the advancement of the godless communists.

Location hidden

#402258 Sep 26, 2012
Gold Money Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course there is no God(Jesus Christ)you....You don't believe in Me. Here are the Infinite Benefits you have just thrown away!
The Thirteen Steps
1. God is One Spirit, whose Essence is love, goodness, truth and beauty. God is the Supreme Reality, the ultimate practicality. God is neither derivative, nor dependent. God exists here and now, and exists necessarily.
2. God is all powerful, thereby removing all power from form and effect.
3. God is everywhere present, and therefore, present right where I am.
4. God expresses as my individual consciousness, and appears as all wisdom, all knowledge, and all power in every situation and at every single moment of my life.
5. God manifests fully as my perfect life when I renounce the human and theological belief that God is both good and evil, and I become consciously aware that God is Infinite Good Alone, and that God is the only power, the only presence, the only law, and the only reality in the Universe.
6. God expresses as the individual consciousness of all men, but this blessed truth benefits only whose who are consciously aware of the kingdom within.
7. God has no favorite religion, race or creed, but is the heartbeat of all men for all time.
8. God is the incorporeal divine principle, appearing as Man in Time and Space.
9. God is not present in the past or future, but is actively present with us here and now.
10. God communicates intelligence and purpose every moment in our lives, giving specific guidance to each one of us at our point of need, but Godís love benefits only those who can be still and listen for that still, small voice knocking within their inner consciousness, and Those who can summon the inner courage and will to see the perfect, good, indestructible Universe, Here and Now, in spite of human appearances to the contrary.
11. God flows as an Infinite River of life, light, and understanding, through our individual God given consciousness, our minds, our bodies, and our world of earthly affairs, and God uses our individual consciousness as the gate
12. Through which God, the Infinite Good, appears as the substance of all harmonious form and the destruction of all that testifies to deceit and illusion.
13. Last, God shares all that God is, and all that God has, revealing the Divine Name, I, and the Divine Nature, Love.
Richard Petersen, Founder
Gold Money Party
http://www.goldmoneyparty.com
Benefits with perpetual strings attached to them are not benefits. They are solicitations leading to subjugation and totalitarian control, punishable by horrendous indictment of a narcissistic despot. One(three) created in the minds of men for the control of men-not the real essence.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#402259 Sep 26, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. You will now assign that duty to your socks, but will fail in that also, and then break that promise and reply.
Lesson from history.
Cool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 2 min Doctor REALITY 20
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Clearwater 837,047
REAL Contemporary Instrumental Music!! 15 min pusherman_ 33
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 40,447
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min truth 589,391
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min TIM958 4,084
'DON'T LISTEN TO SATAN!! 'Don't give up'!!!!!! 30 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 176,762
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 271,265
More from around the web