Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#402081 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really hummmm don't care CONVICT you most likely were gangraped too many time by the CRIPS or BLOODS or mabe BSM or LK's or GANGSTER DIcIPLES that would fit GUMP and I don't mean forrest bet you were the BIGGEST SISSY on D block everybody got a turn poking your hole ha ha ha ha
I don't usually jump in to another's posts, but I must do it here.

What the hell do you think you are doing, Saying rape is funny???

I took care of many a rape victim in my nursing career, from 2 year olds to 76 year olds. Trust me, there was NOTHING funny about it.

You owe all here an apology.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#402083 Sep 25, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that "sin" - as referred to the early Jews - is in many ways, outside the realm of the 'action taken' world - which would agree with Jesus, when one applies "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - because one can analyze oneself, and find these "sins" on their own, through honesty, thought pondering, and even through meditation - all of which Jesus promoted - as well as, resolving and reconciling them through those same means.
Jesus may have stated some very thought-provoking words, and if one really pays a closer attention to them, there is no explicit "telling" anyone to do anything, except "know yourself". Plain and simple - "are you honest with yourself and others?"
But we still arrive at 'Self', and if one takes this deeper, one can understand that 'Self' could also be 'Spirit', consciousness,'being','mind', and all other kinds of words that express a sense of "knowing" - using ourselves to reach that instance/moment.
Many will disagree with this and/or many of my views. Fine - so it is what it is. These "proverbial wisdoms" work for me and I've given my life many positive attributes, because they are very plausible and can be adapted to any life.
Thus IMO - and in the words of JustWow @2009 - "Everyone is Right!" -- is closely paralleling what Jesus envisioned if people had listened to him, rather than a collection of texts describing a "follower" lifestyle - as described by men.
Afterall - "the gate is narrow"....right?
:o)
I like this..Bible does say this..Luke 17:21 nor will people say,'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." i read something interesting about the narrow gate..notice that Jesus said narrow is the gate that leads to LIFE..most take that as meaning life after death but everytime Jesus mentioned that He always refered it to Eternal Life..Never just life..Maybe He was meaning THIS life..just a thought :)
Vikings Ship Sank

Kitakyushu, Japan

#402084 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY DUMMY IT HAS BEEN POSTED COUNTLESS TIMES so you are EITHER TO STUPID TO GET IT OR your a retarded ape just FLINGING YOUR USELESS SHIT AROUND to act like ( and FAILEING )you have some kinda understanding YOU MORON go play with your BOA constrictor maybe it will squeese some brains in you NOT!!!!
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Location hidden

#402086 Sep 25, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean expose young children to atheism? Than your solution is basically the same at fundamentalist Christians. In stead of trying to infringe on peoples freedom to educate people the way they see fit we should rather defend it. A child is always at the mercy of its parents, now law can change that. A child growing up in families with fundamentalist ideas may suffer from that, but that leads to many children leaving this traditions.
What we should rather forbid is conversion. Conversion is not a right that should be part of religious freedom. It turns religion into a commercial undertaking in which churches try to expand their base to make more money and have more power. It is a violation religious freedom. The same with Muslims creating barriers to people leaving their faith, this too is a violation to facilitate expansion.
Conversion is an attack on other communities, forbidding people to change religion is an attack on people individual rights. Religions use these mechanisms to expand.
If religions can forbid people to leave and can not actively sell, the only way to expand is by making their religion more attractive, and that is good thing.
Why are we even discussing Christianity here? We left this religion behind us. I have no desire to endlessly discuss Christianity anew. But Christian converters think they have a right to rub it in peoples face anywhere. And what is the result? That we now have others starting to do the same. And it only creates conflict.
We should not threaten people by wanting to impose our ideas on their children. An atheist does not want his children to be converted to Christianity or Islam as a Christian or Muslim wants his children to be atheist.
We simply have to honor the golden rule: Do not to others what you want not other to do to you. I am Pagan, why? Because in my heart I always was one. I was only born in a Christian family. Why? Because my Pagan ancestors were forcefully converted to this Roman cult. But it never felt right.
What it leads to is that people become spiritual orphans. Not the masses, for the masses religion has little meaning and is simply a way of life. But for spiritual people it is like prison to be locked in the wrong religion.
I was made to pray to Jesus, but Jesus is not my God, and neither is Allah or Jahweh. I feel the Divine spirit in Nature. I revere Sun and Moon and Gods that personify higher qualities. I am not going to worship a God that says he is jealous, or one that says we have to be submissive, or one that says I must hate my loved ones to follow him.
I revere the Divine in Nature. Why should I not revere the Moon and Sun. Without their care we could not even live on this earth. We owe more to the Sun and Moon than Jesus, Mohamed or Moses. Sun and Moon create life, the prophets create conflict and submission. If the Divine speaks to me, he speaks to me through nature and not through prophets. Monotheism abandoned the Gods and made us revere prophets instead. They deny it, but they react more angry to an insult to their prophets that a Pagan to an insult to their Gods. They bend much deeper for their prophets than Pagans for their Gods. We Pagans worship the ones that are good to us. I never understood why we should be submissive. I was created a free soul and I will defend that. I am no slave to any God.
The idea that Pagans sacrifice people to their evil hungry Gods is nonsense, the only ones that do that for God are Abramists, they call that war.
Beautiful, my friend.

Well deserving of a repost.

Blessed Be
MWD

Location hidden

#402088 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna pretend I didn't read this. Especially your analogy of Jesus and Superman. Nobody prays to Superman, we don't measure Time itself by Superman's birth. Nobody makes the Cross to Superman. Nobody is dedicating their entire life's work to Superman, nobody is going to the Congo, Calcutta, The Amazon, New Guinea Jungles, the South Bronx or any other remote or dangerous corner of the Earth because of Superman. There isn't a "Superman's Prayer" is there???????? And there is a difference between longevity and popularity, and longevity and popularity of something which inspires, affects, and changes for the better the lives of BILLIONS AND BILLIONS!!!!!!! I don't think Romeo is doing that.
Pretend all you like.

I say you cannot use the bible to prove that a person written about in said bible was real.

Circular logic.

Location hidden

#402092 Sep 25, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You give partial scriptures with the meaning of what some tom. dick. and harry wrote what they thought the Bible meant....Just stick to scripture. You will find you have to repent. KNEEOLOGY You don't believe in it. I have learned. I know..........You can't con this girl.....you have to repent and sin no more. If you do, you repent.........I don't want to hear your lies about GOd's word. You are a con, you lie, you even cheat GOD by not repenting to him for your sins. Somebody evidently at the prison convinced you, that we all sin, and there is no more need for repentance. The truth is There is no need for sacrifice.......but there is a need for repentance. You are a con, the truth is not in you. I don't want you to even post to me. Have fun with your life. Be on your way.....be gone from me.....
Tom,Dick and Harry???? I got that from bible.org ..Why did you waste your career?? You should have written a book, explaining to everyone what it means.. I have repented..It means to change your mind toward Jesus and nothing more..How many times does it take YOU to do that..If you are refering to asking for forgiveness when you sin..Jesus paid for that so when I find myself sinning..I THANK HIM for forgiving me..I dont cry and confess to another man(preacher)..What an insult that would be to Jesus. If you dont want to believe in the finished work of Christ then exactly WHY do you call Him your SAVIOR?? According to you,,YOU save YOU..

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#402093 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
You and miss wiggles do like to kiss a lot kiss kiss hug huhsounds gay to me faggy
Nope, sorry. You didn't think fast enough and what you have here is a desperate attempt at a comeback.

You lose!

Location hidden

#402094 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing but an animal......a Hell-bound animal.
THats NOT what Jesus say's..AS HE IS..SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD..ever read that verse??If you are a Christian you are called to let the light of Jesus shine through you into the darkness of this world. The Bible says as He is so we are in this world. We are called to represent Jesus to those around us. How do we do this? We represent Jesus when we choose to forgive those who have hurt and betrayed us. Second- we are not to judge others. Back out of the “judgment seat” and get into the “mercy seat”. Lastly, we are to love one another, especially those who seem least important. What the world needs is Jesus. God is calling us to reflect His Son in our attitude and conversations. As He is, so we are in this world! Let your light shine so that those around you will know that Jesus is alive!

We are ALL guilty of wrong doing on here. I can admit that..can you?
Apollo

Hedel, Netherlands

#402095 Sep 25, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please explain this to knowledge..She doesnt understand the New Covenant.Especially the 2nd paragraph.Jesus came with new covenant. She may listen 2 u
That would be impossible, his new creed of Christianity is so far removed from original Christianity that it becomes hostile to it. In fact his religion could better be called Messianic Judaism. That is how they call themselves in Israel. They say: we are messianic Jews, we are Jews. But in the US they still call themselves Christians even though they viciously attack other Christians for not being Jewish enough.

Understand these people are part of fundamentalist Messianic Jewish sect. Their concept of Jesus is far removed from original Jesus. This religion was created by Jews and Protestants. They say that Jesus is same as the Messiah of the Jews still to come.

They say that Jesus first coming was like a down-payment to the bank, but he will come back to pay the remainder debt in full. And then all Jews will see, the Messiah is Jesus, and will all follow him. There is not one ordinary Jews that believes this.

They do their best to convert Jews too, but they have little success as these despise them even more than people on this forum, and call them evil. see:

If you ask me this creed was created by Zionist Jews and Christians for the support of Israel and to get the support of the US to turn the Palestine conflict in a Christianity vs Islam conflict, and let them fight for them.

I once asked how many Jews are fighting for the US in Afghanistan against terrorists? The US are pressuring all their allies to support the war effort, but Israel that gets billions from the US in military aid does zero, nada, nothing. The created a movement of stupids that are willing to do the dirty work for them.

They did their work right, the are as much brainwashed as the Taliban-students or the Hitler-jugend or Mao's students. These people can not be convinced by reason, but maybe by love and understanding. These people live in terrible fear. Aggression is simply another face of fear. Abramistic ideology thrives on fear, take that fear to the extreme and you have fundamentalism.

This is reality to them. http://jesussavesministry.files.wordpress.com...

That is why Christianity is not a good religion, Grace. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like, the basics is wrong. And that goes for Judaism and Islam too. The Love for a God should not be mixed with fear. A god that wants to be feared is unworthy of worship.

Through these books in the river, and we will have spirituality blossom again. But that is something for the individual to decide.

Location hidden

#402096 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
HOLD YOUR BREATH TILL IT COMES OK!!!!!!
I pity you.

And you say you are a Christian...

Wow. So sad.

I will pray for you tonight.

Reality, USA

#402097 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
And we all thought you and USN had brains ha ha ha YOU and PROVED us wrong!!!! I'm glad that you and FRANKENWEENIE are not in charge the usa would be in sad sad shape YOU and the other bozos would give away our rights and guns and freedom that YOU TWO sAY you were in for ( rolling eyes)(snicker snicker) you would give everything away just to get a better position at screwing everyone else!!!!no wonder the NAZi's had such backing they would have had you backing them all the while you would give the HEIL HITLER and smiled
Ah and now the teabagger talk comes out...somehow I am not at all surprised. So tell me toadie, who s taking away your guns and what freedoms have you lost? Be honest now and have facts to back it up.

Reality, USA

#402099 Sep 25, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend all you like.
I say you cannot use the bible to prove that a person written about in said bible was real.
Circular logic.
Pray to Superman, pray to a god. IMO (though it can be proven) one will get the same results.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#402101 Sep 25, 2012
Christianity is a religion that advocates the hatred of non whites particularly Egypt , in addition to that it regards Jews as the chosen people , what kind of a religion is this ?

Reality, USA

#402102 Sep 25, 2012
revel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow thanks again there NOT CHRISTIAN MAN for showing what a nasty pervert you are!!!!
You are the one advertising for a man to bend over and spread them...something about seeing the sun shine???

Who is the pervert?

Sorry, I had to stoop to your level of thinking again...sometimes it can't be helped though I feel less intelligent for doing so.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#402103 Sep 25, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean expose young children to atheism? Than your solution is basically the same at fundamentalist Christians. In stead of trying to infringe on peoples freedom to educate people the way they see fit we should rather defend it. A child is always at the mercy of its parents, now law can change that. A child growing up in families with fundamentalist ideas may suffer from that, but that leads to many children leaving this traditions.
What we should rather forbid is conversion. Conversion is not a right that should be part of religious freedom. It turns religion into a commercial undertaking in which churches try to expand their base to make more money and have more power. It is a violation religious freedom. The same with Muslims creating barriers to people leaving their faith, this too is a violation to facilitate expansion.
Conversion is an attack on other communities, forbidding people to change religion is an attack on people individual rights. Religions use these mechanisms to expand.
If religions can forbid people to leave and can not actively sell, the only way to expand is by making their religion more attractive, and that is good thing.
Why are we even discussing Christianity here? We left this religion behind us. I have no desire to endlessly discuss Christianity anew. But Christian converters think they have a right to rub it in peoples face anywhere. And what is the result? That we now have others starting to do the same. And it only creates conflict.
We should not threaten people by wanting to impose our ideas on their children. An atheist does not want his children to be converted to Christianity or Islam as a Christian or Muslim wants his children to be atheist.
We simply have to honor the golden rule: Do not to others what you want not other to do to you. I am Pagan, why? Because in my heart I always was one. I was only born in a Christian family. Why? Because my Pagan ancestors were forcefully converted to this Roman cult. But it never felt right.
What it leads to is that people become spiritual orphans. Not the masses, for the masses religion has little meaning and is simply a way of life. But for spiritual people it is like prison to be locked in the wrong religion.
I was made to pray to Jesus, but Jesus is not my God, and neither is Allah or Jahweh. I feel the Divine spirit in Nature. I revere Sun and Moon and Gods that personify higher qualities. I am not going to worship a God that says he is jealous, or one that says we have to be submissive, or one that says I must hate my loved ones to follow him.
I revere the Divine in Nature. Why should I not revere the Moon and Sun. Without their care we could not even live on this earth. We owe more to the Sun and Moon than Jesus, Mohamed or Moses. Sun and Moon create life, the prophets create conflict and submission. If the Divine speaks to me, he speaks to me through nature and not through prophets. Monotheism abandoned the Gods and made us revere prophets instead. They deny it, but they react more angry to an insult to their prophets that a Pagan to an insult to their Gods. They bend much deeper for their prophets than Pagans for their Gods. We Pagans worship the ones that are good to us. I never understood why we should be submissive. I was created a free soul and I will defend that. I am no slave to any God.
The idea that Pagans sacrifice people to their evil hungry Gods is nonsense, the only ones that do that for God are Abramists, they call that war.
Most wars we see today are because of muslims and christians , if these two religions did not exist life might have been better

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#402104 Sep 25, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray to Superman, pray to a god. IMO (though it can be proven) one will get the same results.
lets pray all religions vanish

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#402105 Sep 25, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity you.
And you say you are a Christian...
Wow. So sad.
I will pray for you tonight.
agreed lets pray he stops believing in god and fairy tales .

Reality, USA

#402107 Sep 25, 2012
MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great! Thank you for the site. I bookmarked it.
Blessed be
MWD
You are very welcome!

Location hidden

#402109 Sep 25, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be impossible, his new creed of Christianity is so far removed from original Christianity that it becomes hostile to it. In fact his religion could better be called Messianic Judaism. That is how they call themselves in Israel. They say: we are messianic Jews, we are Jews. But in the US they still call themselves Christians even though they viciously attack other Christians for not being Jewish enough.
Understand these people are part of fundamentalist Messianic Jewish sect. Their concept of Jesus is far removed from original Jesus. This religion was created by Jews and Protestants. They say that Jesus is same as the Messiah of the Jews still to come.
They say that Jesus first coming was like a down-payment to the bank, but he will come back to pay the remainder debt in full. And then all Jews will see, the Messiah is Jesus, and will all follow him. There is not one ordinary Jews that believes this.
They do their best to convert Jews too, but they have little success as these despise them even more than people on this forum, and call them evil. see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EII5Km3jN3UXX
If you ask me this creed was created by Zionist Jews and Christians for the support of Israel and to get the support of the US to turn the Palestine conflict in a Christianity vs Islam conflict, and let them fight for them.
I once asked how many Jews are fighting for the US in Afghanistan against terrorists? The US are pressuring all their allies to support the war effort, but Israel that gets billions from the US in military aid does zero, nada, nothing. The created a movement of stupids that are willing to do the dirty work for them.
They did their work right, the are as much brainwashed as the Taliban-students or the Hitler-jugend or Mao's students. These people can not be convinced by reason, but maybe by love and understanding. These people live in terrible fear. Aggression is simply another face of fear. Abramistic ideology thrives on fear, take that fear to the extreme and you have fundamentalism.
This is reality to them. http://jesussavesministry.files.wordpress.com...
That is why Christianity is not a good religion, Grace. You can sugarcoat it as much as you like, the basics is wrong. And that goes for Judaism and Islam too. The Love for a God should not be mixed with fear. A god that wants to be feared is unworthy of worship.
Through these books in the river, and we will have spirituality blossom again. But that is something for the individual to decide.
Thanks Apollo..You have posted some very good points however I agree with some of it while I disagree with some. I do agree that The Love for God should not be mixed with fear. I have told Knowledge that time and time again. I strongly believe that Religion and Christianity are as different as day and night though. Yes, We believe in the same God and the same Jesus but Religion differs from Christianity just like the Pharisee's differ from Jesus. Religion is based on a sect of Rules and obediance to those rules and impose those on others as a scare tactic. Christianity is faith in Christ and His finished work at the cross. Jesus fulfilled the law(i,e ten commandments) and set us free from the bondage of fear. Our obediance is the obediance of faith. Religion is more like Judaism or legalistic..Preachers want to preach SIN and it becomes a control issue and he is actually bounding them up once again to the bondage of fear. Thats what I believe anyway. Thanks for this civil debate..:)

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

#402110 Sep 25, 2012
LEIF ERICKSON wrote:
<quoted text>
To who Zeus??
weed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 52,437
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 992,194
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min kent 693,341
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr daddy 28
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 3 hr Haha 2
Liberals The Party Of Perversion 3 hr Hallejula 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 5 hr Doctor REALITY 10
More from around the web