“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#398792 Sep 16, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christians became Christian because the Romans slaughtered them until they accepted this faith, then it was indoctrinated through the school system....
Exactly. Islam is the same way.

Judaism actually does the opposite. They try to talk people out of converting so that only the those dedicated will convert.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#398793 Sep 16, 2012
Apollo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Paganism above the Gods is Divinity, the Divine principle. You can equate Allah or Christ to this Divine Principle. But it is not a being, it is not a God, it is higher than any being. It has no qualities, no shape, it has no beginning, no end. It is completely beyond observation or measurement. You can not even say it "exists", for existence relies on quality and shape.
What happened in Monotheism is that people started to equate their favourite God with the Divine Principle. He became a King of Gods. And as a king of Gods their God became a despot. A God imagining he created all except him self.
Atheist are right to say: this can not be: who created the supreme God? Yes Gods do have an order and levels, like there is an order in nature and like we have an order in society too. These levels are also in the spiritual roam, but above everything is the Divine Principle.
A God may have will, a desire to rule, but the Divine Principle has not. It rules through the Laws nature. It is above all rules, but all beings are dependent on these rules. It has no will, no wants. A want is nothing but an unfulfilled desire. Only beings have that because they are not full, imperfect. But the Divine Principle encompasses all. It is all and nothing at the same time, beyond any understanding.
Monotheism deluded all this by merging concepts into one container concept: God. And then this God were given both Godlike qualities and at the same time raised to be the highest.
You asked: who created the Gods. To answer that question you first have to understand what Gods are. Gods pure qualities and combinations of those qualities, that are themselves eternal. That is why we have a Goddess of Love and beauty. These are eternal qualities. And qualities can combine in new qualities, giving light to new Gods, and as they become more complex they become more specific, they can even become mortal. Because the more complex the more rigid and the easier it can dissolve. An atom lives much longer than a human being
These qualities are eternal, they are unborn. Only beings with a shape are born. Only a shape has a lifespan. It is born, created, and falls apart, dies again. Gods can incarnate in beings dead or alive. That is why there can be beauty in women but also in a diamond or painting. A quality that can not be harvested. It is not material.
If you look closer to your fellow man you will find that you can archetype them. They are not as original as the think. They fall in archetypes sharing the same combination of qualities. The Greek recognized this.
Higher Gods are not Created but they as everything in creation they are a manifestation of the Divine Principle but in a way that beyond any understanding. For our mind can only understand fixed forms and relations.
The idea of monotheist religion about creation is very materialistic. It sees creation the way things are born in material nature. It tries to explain the highest in the concepts of the lowest.
For a Pagan a God is another being, a higher being, but not a ruler. He worships them to harvest their qualities, but they are not his his/her slaves. They use Gods like you would milk a cow. And they honour the cow for giving milk. Monotheistic religion teaches a submissive slave relation to a supreme God, the same way people had to bow for Kings, Pharaohs and emperors.
Bless you
Very good post.

Location hidden

#398794 Sep 16, 2012
Not Afraid wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship and revere a man. Good has nothing to do with beating women and molesting little girls.
Inappropriate deflective reply. You totally fail to address the post.

Are you up to the challenge?

A simple yes or no will do.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#398795 Sep 16, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to look back even further into the ancient beliefs of the Semitic Hebrews, you will find that There were several gods.
In particular "El"(earth deity) and "Asherah"(queen of heaven) as the primary deities(Western Semitic area).
Asherah having 70 sons of El(gods/demigods), who went out and ruled over other lands in the other Semite areas.
This "El" (being a jealous deity) set out to destroy his own offspring(gods and civilizations of the other regions(canaan etc.), and take over all their territories, leading to the beginning of "monotheism"(or so the story goes).
The "Great Assembly" was the final blow to polytheism in the Hebrew society, around 310 BCE, and the solidification of monotheistic Judaism.
I love reading ancient myths. Well some of them anyhow.

Location hidden

#398796 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I knew my statement would be very confusing to some. Earth was created billions of years ago but man (CREATED IN THE FLESH) was not created till some few thousand years ago. Earth came into creation billions of years ago but God did not put man here in the flesh till some few thousand years ago.
I know that statement is gonna confuse some of you even further.
So you are admitting that the writings and geneallogy contained within the bible are incorrect and misleading?
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398797 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, sorry but for what God decides to do, you mere mortals approval is neither desired nor required.
What you are experiencing is called cognitive dissonance. You apologize profusely for your pocket god will all manner of apologies for the behavior documented in The Bible but then tell others that a god does not need apologies or approval from mortals. Which is it?
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398798 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I love reading ancient myths. Well some of them anyhow.
Apparently you are basing your life on them

Strange in 2012.
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398799 Sep 16, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes, I've seen this argument before.
"I can be as vicious, unprincipled and cruel as I want. After all, I made you, and I can dispose of you as I will."
I wouldn't get away with treating a dog like that.
Hence your deity's inability to measure up to my standards.
Try sawing your car in half and see what the police have to say.
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398800 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I knew my statement would be very confusing to some. Earth was created billions of years ago but man (CREATED IN THE FLESH) was not created till some few thousand years ago. Earth came into creation billions of years ago but God did not put man here in the flesh till some few thousand years ago.
I know that statement is gonna confuse some of you even further.
All you have proven is that each Christian interprets the Grand Book of Multiple Choice in their own way or in the way of whatever Apologistic flavor or preacher they decide to follow at the moment. Claiming your Sunday School apologetics are confusing to others is just plain silly. You have proven that you only consider your views of your pocket god as relevant, so you have utterly destroyed the relevance of your pocket god.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#398801 Sep 16, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
Have any of u atheists just wondered or seeked to find out if there is a God?
There are so many to choose from.....

godchecker.com

Why do you claim *yours* is the "only" one?
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398802 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll let the word of God speak for me.ROMANS 9:19-21. Enough said.
Once again, you can't use The Bible to establish the veracity of The Bible. Quoting you clay pot analogy does not make it any more relevant, just, or even sensical. Comparing people to clay pots is just plain ridiculous. You also did not address that this passage is implicit approval of abortion, infanticide, or even the murder of one's offspring at any point in life.

I get the distinct sense that you don't really delve too deeply into your theology. Man in Sky Says It's Okay is not exactly deep, provoking rebuttal to anything. Besides, you admonished every poster who disagrees with you from getting "wisdom" from a few Scriptures and then you offer a few out of context Scriptures. That is just plain strange.

#398803 Sep 16, 2012
Lil wrote:
Could it be Kaitlin and Black Thunder are one in the same?
Not likely.
Wow

Los Angeles, CA

#398804 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, sorry but for what God decides to do, you mere mortals approval is neither desired nor required.
Your inability to offer nothing but this exposes you as another Fraud for Jesus.

#398805 Sep 16, 2012
ChasUGC wrote:
If you stopped being a Christian, were you ever really one?
I don't think so.
What you think doesn't matter; you don't get to decide who used to be a real christian and who didn't. I have no doubt that real christians walk away from their faith every day.

#398806 Sep 16, 2012
Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent post.
Only if you enjoy the ramblings of bipolar delusional douchebags.

I'm still waiting for you to present your evidence for your 6000 year old Earth claim.

#398807 Sep 16, 2012
Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, they share the same space and have the same need for validation.
You christians need to validate your twisted beliefs by forcing them onto others; neither BT nor I care about converting you or anyone else. That's *your* impotence and insecurity.
Apollo

Hedel, Netherlands

#398808 Sep 16, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The books of Enoch and Jubilees addresses these explicitly...Nephilim, watchers, etc....
It is no wonder they were omitted from the new (Roman) accepted testaments (no mention of jesus).
In the bible we find remnants of Pagan knowledge. But the bible is an ideological book. It does not contain pure knowledge of spiritual affairs, because it is church doctrine.

Originally wise men were independent people often living on there own like hermits, shamans, druids, we can read that in the bible about the prophets. And Kings would go to them to consult them. They were wise man, but also scientists, healers (Medicine man)and judges and had a very high status.

Kings invited these people to live with them on their courts so they could consult them and they would also educate their children. These wise men became priests, and increasingly dependent on their benefactors the kings. In the great kingdoms the priesthood became a separate layer in society with a lot of power.

But they had to please the King so they also became the servants of the King and the King realised how much power their words had on his servants. At some point wise men started to write down spiritual knowledge for various reasons. One was that priests were in the earlier days also warriors and with their death knowledge was lost after a lost battle. Another was that memories were deteriorating. Homer was already complaining the people found it harder to learn book-long stories by heart. That is why he wrote down the story of the Ilias which had been orally transmitted for more than four centuries.

Spiritual knowledge was regarded secret only to be handed over to people of sufficient spiritual development. But once it was written down it became very hard to keep secret. Then Kings started to pressure priests to make the writings more in line with his policies. Texts were chosen selectively, edited to fit a state ideology and bundled. Then they were made into divine law for the people and people were told that breaking these laws was like revolting to God. This way Kings used religion to keep people in check.

But these "holy books" still contain fragments of the original spiritual teachings and that is really bad. Because now these ideas fell in the hands of people with very low spirituality. A new priest class emerged turning religion in profitable commercial enterprise. But these people are not spiritual, they only use these books to make an impression on others. When a person says something to them they start quoting the book and try to impress people by their learning. They believe that themselves, they feel touched by their God and they condemn people to hell that oppose them. And feign to be humble servants of the Lord. These people have no real spiritual knowledge. In Christianity they reached the bottom when they start converting criminals and turn them into pastors. The same with the Taliban Koran-scholars created by the CIA in Pakistan refugee camps. These people are actually killing spirituality and turn common people into atheists by their repelling behaviour.

Criminals spiritually guiding people. That is the dire straights we are in today.

#398809 Sep 16, 2012
Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>How cute. You have admitted to a pattern of baiting, which is against TOS. Yes, you are Kaitlin and you are pissed because you were banned, and you had to beg for your account back.
Hey, stupid; *I* am Kaitlin, and apparently I have *not* been banned. Thanks for showing us all once again how delusional you Taliban christians are, and how desperate you are to bolster each other's insecurities.

Location hidden

#398810 Sep 16, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I love reading ancient myths. Well some of them anyhow.
You should realize that the "story of Moses", and much of the OT, is nothing more than a recreation of that very myth with further elaboration enabling the writers(rewriters) to remove and destroy all other gods in lieu of the very jealous god "El", who then changed his name(when convenient) to "elohim" becoming plural, thereby replacing all the other "gods", and promoting the misconception of a monotheistic based religion.

How convenient...

#398811 Sep 16, 2012
Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, Kaitlin! If you were going to admit to it, then you would have done so already. Knowledge outed you and now you are out. Wow, you have such a desperate need for credibility. Try this. Post something credible.......TEEHEE...
Good night, Kaitlin. It has to get better. Pinky swear.
Hang onto your delusions, they're all you've got.

So, how many socks have you got? There are more and more registered Taliban christians showing up here that have joined just within the last few days, and showing so few previous posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aura Mytha 773,820
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Anthony MN 558,967
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 8 min Concerned_American 2,421
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 175,536
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 604,786
Moses never existed 30 min paint happy 724
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min onemale 265,007
More from around the web