Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#398908 Sep 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I know how to get our sh*t together, don't we?
That's a little joke.
;-)
LOL..One scoop at a time!! Have a great day

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#398909 Sep 17, 2012
Well good morning everyone. I seem to have really pissed the people on this forum.

I could take you guys into a deeper level of the scriptures that have really and totally confused you guys starting from the 1st verse of Genesis.

However, unless God opens up your understanding, I could explain it to you till I'm blue in the face and you still won't get it. God did not intend for everyone to understand His word at this time.

Only an ELECT group have their eyes open at this time and God is the only one that can open ones eyes to the deeper truths of His word. However there will come a time when ALL will have their eyes open and they will understand it better by and by.

BUT NOW IS NOT THAT TIME.

Even many of those that proclaim to be Christian also are blind to the deeper truths of His word which is one of tyhe main reasons that a Christian whose eyes God have open and one whose eyes God has not opened yet seem to clash and disagree on so much of God's word. And the disagreement starts with the very 1st verse of Genesis. They do not understand that Creation is BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD, not merely about 7000 years that they have been taught by ignorant preachers in the pulpits.
Not Afraid

United States

#398910 Sep 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..One scoop at a time!! Have a great day blaspheming the Holy God of Israel, His precious Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit!
Just thought I'd help clarify your post.
Not Afraid

United States

#398911 Sep 17, 2012
Now, let's spends another day ridiculing other people for their beliefs whilst viciously promoting our own.

After all, it's the American Thing to do.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#398912 Sep 17, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
Well good morning everyone. I seem to have really pissed the people on this forum.
I could take you guys into a deeper level of the scriptures that have really and totally confused you guys starting from the 1st verse of Genesis.
However, unless God opens up your understanding, I could explain it to you till I'm blue in the face and you still won't get it. God did not intend for everyone to understand His word at this time.
Only an ELECT group have their eyes open at this time and God is the only one that can open ones eyes to the deeper truths of His word. However there will come a time when ALL will have their eyes open and they will understand it better by and by.
BUT NOW IS NOT THAT TIME.
Even many of those that proclaim to be Christian also are blind to the deeper truths of His word which is one of tyhe main reasons that a Christian whose eyes God have open and one whose eyes God has not opened yet seem to clash and disagree on so much of God's word. And the disagreement starts with the very 1st verse of Genesis. They do not understand that Creation is BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD, not merely about 7000 years that they have been taught by ignorant preachers in the pulpits.
So...I am assuming that you feel you are one of these in this ELECT group that understands the deeper meaning of God's word.

If only God can open eyes and is the only one that can choose who is a member of this ELECT group why do you feel it is necessary for you to try and make those that are not in this group understand it?

Do you also realize that there will be those Christians that disagree with you and yet...they too claim to be a part of this ELECT group?

I know that all people want to feel special but in all honesty...John 3:16 kind of takes away that "specialness". It says..."whosoever believeth".

I do agree however that there are those Christians that understand their Bible more than others. I don't agree however that it is because the were "chosen" to understand that "deeper truth" but merely because they have read and studied.

Can you explain why you think that you are part of this "ELECT" group and what indicators are you going by that make you sure that God has opened your eyes and given you that "deeper truth"?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#398913 Sep 17, 2012
surprise surprise (sarcasm intended)

the christurd and his cock puppets are here on their pretend god's holy day being the most UNholy.

the ugliness of a christurd for all too see.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398914 Sep 17, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
I see the christians are still whining...
yes they are, glad one of you admits it.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398915 Sep 17, 2012
EYE HEART Jesus wrote:
What I find hard to understand is the bitterness and defensiveness atheists have... What's the deal? It's ok for the world to hush hush when accepting their perspectives.... But when a Christian has something to say, suddenly they are bigots, pushy, and zealots! Simmer down!
You have a right to an opinion and belief, but so do Christians.
I wonder what the root behind such rage is.... Is it the uncertainty of their decision not to believe in a deity, because this means they have To come to terms with the fact that they are subject to a higher authority??
Or is it because they have this deep, gaping void that eats away at their insides because they dont know the cause, and the more they justify it the larger the hole becomes?
End the madness.... Get to know your creator... Problem solved:)
projection and deflection.

same ol same ol.

you are a donkey braying about long ears on another.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398916 Sep 17, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
.. Having said that ... A God who has put so much insulation and precision in all His work, is a God with a purpose. I believe He hasn't just created us to abandon us. He has created us for a purpose and has provided the bible as a roadmap for us to seek and find Him.
A God who always was and was able to materialize existence is obviously capable of doing such. He has given us free will because He loves us and doesn't want us to be subservient robots, but wants a relationship with us. He is our Father and wants that kind of relationship from His children... This is why He has created us in His image... So that we could relate to Him:)
I respect your right to believe as you see fit [for you] all that is asked is you respect others rights to believe or not believe as they see fit for them.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398917 Sep 17, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
Have any of u atheists just wondered or seeked to find out if there is a God?
in case you do not know the name of this thread, it's WHY I'M NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN.

meaning that one once believed your fairy tale, grew up and stopped believeing in it.

and just so you know, using the letter _u_ instead of the actual word YOU, is rather childish. Known as textspeak, it should be used only when texting.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398918 Sep 17, 2012
ChasUGC wrote:
If you stopped being a Christian, were you ever really one?
I don't think so.........
translation: never a christian like you.

thanks! around these parts, that's a compliment!
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#398919 Sep 17, 2012
Wow...
You atheists really don't play fair. So, u can mock my God and my entire belief system all u want, yet I cannot simply stare that I care for people and want to present them with truth?

I also want to clarify that I'm not a 'just in cas' Christian... I simply said that IF I'm right... From YOUR perspective, then you are at a loss, and I care. Coming from a believer in God and the bible, I care enough to share what I believe wtb u. Again, I'm not forcing... But your arrogant, prejudice and downright rude remarks are evidence of how deeply hollow you people are:(
It makes me sad. I just like to help people... And if my experience can get someone out of a rut.. Then it's worthwhile ...why? BECAUSE I CARE:)
if u hate me for sharing and caring for people then you are a hateful person, and I feel sorry for u. Allow me to point out also that slandering me and God isn't going to make me disappear:-)
I care too much for that:)

God bless

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398920 Sep 17, 2012
Chuck wrote:
Creationists Boycott Dr. Pepper over “Evolution of Flavor” Facebook Ad
When the Homophobic boycotted Oreos for their gay cookie, I ate as many Oreos as I could stomach, until I was sick...
Now I guess I'll have to take up drinking Dr pepper just to spite those creationist retards... I'm not looking forward to this.
I mean can't these stupid dickholes boycott something healthy like broccoli or something?
you can always buy it and donate it!!!!!!!! to a non profit agency!

for instance our boy scout troop in michigan does a food booth at the county fair each year. all products are donated. papa john's donates the pizza, A&W donates foot long hot dogs, buns, cheese sauce and chili. MEIJER donates lemonade, pop, chips. Wendy's donates a frosty machine and the product.

the money that is made at this booth funds the scout troop. any boy who wishes to join can do so for free. uniforms are even paid for.

all you have to do is find an non profit organization that can use the product. and the best part is..........you can write the donation off as a tax deduction.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#398921 Sep 17, 2012
I will not waste my time dignifying rude remarks and responses with an answer.

I'm here simply to share my experience for those who may still be in doubt about Christianity.
I understand there are mainly those who have given up completely on it... I've been on that side of the coin as well... And that's what compelled me to be on this thread:)
I have had the experience that has shown me why I stopped believing... Why I was confused and then was lead back to the Bible:)
I feel that many people are just 'head Christians'.
Others are heart Chrisians. There's a difference. One can gather as much knowledge as possible and logic and still not fully believe it in their hearts... And one can learn it with their heart and totally embrace, understand and believe it:)

It's much like fear- one can KNOW that if they jump from a plane their parachut and back up one will open.... But they still may not accept or believe it, so they will not jump.

This is why faith is such an integral part of life.

Im sure there are better examples... That was just an image that came to mind.
I also think people love to live comfortable, at the expense of what's right. Sin is appealing... And being and doing good is always a challenge. If you're not in it with your whole heart, u will grow weary ans resentful. U will abandon good and and chase after the sinful lusts of life to satisfy your hunger for self gratification.
A head Chrisian will not truly know God with their heart, so they r never transformed within. The Holy Spirit dwells within the believer, and leads them, and guides them. The HS is who gives us the strength, courage, patience, joy to move through any situation and gives us a full experience of love for others, as we understand God's love for us:)
That is a heart Christian:))
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#398922 Sep 17, 2012
Self gratification is only an illusion and a vicious cycle... Because u never reach gratification satisfaction.... You're Always left chasing after more.

Our Creator, is the best human engineer, and has provided a handbook for guidance, that allows us to fill the void that keeps us in that 'self gratification seeking' cycle.

If u look at biblical principles alone, they r filled with wisdom that will help u get through any life situation or circumstance. He has provided that:)

The thing is, u can't just use some of the principles and reject those that don't appeal To u. You can't do that with any other handbook, or map, and it's the same with the bible.

It is here for our own good:) u can also reach the Craator directly through prayer.... Seek and YE shall find:) He doesn't lie... If u want something, u need to Persue it. This principle applies to all areas of life, and it's not any different when t comes to God... Afterall, God is re author of life:)

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#398923 Sep 17, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhh. if I make a clay pot and I decide to smash said pot since I made it, am I wrong for doing whatever I wish with the pot. It was my creation to do with whatever I darn well want to do with it. God owned the herds of swine as well.
sooooooooooooooooooo you claim your [pretend]god made people and animals. and when he decides that their is a flaw in the design, he killed them because of that design flaw??????????

ummmmm you don't see anything wrong with that?

thanks, but no thanks.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#398924 Sep 17, 2012
Ps forgive my typos and the use of abbreviations such as 'u'.
I seem to have offended someone by doing so.
I'm using an iPhone; hence the autocorrect likes to play tricks on me lol.
I also type at 100wpm, by the time I realize there's a typo, I'm 12 km ahead:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#398925 Sep 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...I am assuming that you feel you are one of these in this ELECT group that understands the deeper meaning of God's word.
If only God can open eyes and is the only one that can choose who is a member of this ELECT group why do you feel it is necessary for you to try and make those that are not in this group understand it?
Do you also realize that there will be those Christians that disagree with you and yet...they too claim to be a part of this ELECT group?
I know that all people want to feel special but in all honesty...John 3:16 kind of takes away that "specialness". It says..."whosoever believeth".
I do agree however that there are those Christians that understand their Bible more than others. I don't agree however that it is because the were "chosen" to understand that "deeper truth" but merely because they have read and studied.
Can you explain why you think that you are part of this "ELECT" group and what indicators are you going by that make you sure that God has opened your eyes and given you that "deeper truth"?
Matthew 13:10-13
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#398926 Sep 17, 2012
Let me please add that some people point out Chrisians as being 'hateful' towards other ideas and non believers.
This is completely false.. And actually goes completely against what Christianity offers.

What i do notice, are those unbelievers who are spewing with hatred, simply because they reject our Christian beliefs. Let's look at the motives: a Chrisian wants to lead unbelievers to Christ because they love people and want to share their truth with them:) remember... They believe that Jesus is the only way, and without Him u are doomed. If they hated u, they wouldn't be trying to save u:)
Now, the unbeliever, usually is very resentful, defensive and bitter because they don't want to accept any of what the Christian wants to offer- so they are enraged, full of hate and... It isn't hard to see from some of these venomous remarks... Ouch. If words could kill..... Us Christians would all be crucified.
Christians want to help and pull people out of the mud, while some unbelievers here or ex believers are so bitter and resentful because of their bad experience, that they would kill Christians if it was their choice.
Be honest and reflect on that.

That's another double standard.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#398927 Sep 17, 2012
Romans 11:5-8...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 52,182
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 992,033
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale1 286,691
I don't know Kenneth Copeland personally.......... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 7 hr Holy dr Shrink 28
How do international cellular connections work? 7 hr evan43 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr Chuck 693,272
More from around the web