Why I’m no longer a Christian

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#385291 Jul 3, 2012
Satan wrote:
Ain't you got something you could be Googling?
Hey, christian who calls himself "satan?" Google my extended middle finger.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#385292 Jul 3, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
We only know of Socrates from Plato's description of him. But so what? It is the ideas that were attributed to him that were important, not the man himself. It's not like he claimed to be the son of god or something incredibly stupid like that.
If you read the early Christian documents, including the Gospels, Jesus never calls himself the Son of God or any such idiocy. That is read in by Paul, Et Al, who had no clue what Jesus was talking about and misinterpreted Jewish idiomms completely wrong.

Neither I nor early Christians saw Jesus as more human than Socrates. The deigication is a ROman pagan concoction.

I have no problem accepting the probablility that either Jesus or Socrates were actual people.
My problem is with people using different standards in their arguements.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#385293 Jul 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>....But it's well documented.....
No it isn't! Show the secret squirrel scrolls, the world is waiting!

All we have are 1000 AD manuscripts (700 years later than the earliest complete Bible!)

Yes, you should give up. Give up your deceitful babbling.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#385294 Jul 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ... I have said they were not first hand, nor even second hand.....
As are all the documents refering to Socrates.

The Gospel of Thomas claims to be written by an eye witness, just like Plato of Socrates!

Again, you are pulling a double standard. You got nailed on it and are too stubborn to admit it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#385295 Jul 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ...You are using Socrates, Aesop, Johnny Appleseed, etc to prove your God lived....
I don't believe Jesus is more than a mortal man.

Now you are spreading lies ? or is it your memory is impaired by your anger?

There is no more evidence that Aesop, Socrates or Plato lived than there is for Jesus (only stories, no bones, no graves,etc.). AND the earliest extant manuscripts about Jesus are hundreds of years closer to him than the others are to the lifetimes of the others.

Case closed!

“kik: as username”

Since: Jun 12

Weston-Super-Mare, England

#385297 Jul 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the early Christian documents, including the Gospels, Jesus never calls himself the Son of God or any such idiocy. That is read in by Paul, Et Al, who had no clue what Jesus was talking about and misinterpreted Jewish idiomms completely wrong.
But how often do the Christian church state that he was son of god? So if they got that wrong.. how much more??

Oh yes, believe us and follow.. we dont know where we going, or been, but follow

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#385298 Jul 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

I have no problem accepting the probablility that either Jesus or Socrates were actual people.
What you have is a problem with people who prove you wrong.

THERE'S NOT ONE SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE OF JESUS FROM ANY OF HIS SO-CALLED CONTEMPORARIES, YET YOU **DEMAND** THAT WE BELIEVE YOU.

Evidence of Socrates? Yes. Plato? Yes. Napoleon, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Julius Caesar? YES.

Not so for your jesus, and you know it. Tales of him are based on OLDER MYTHOLOGIES. Hercules, the Son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--signifying the Sun and the Twelve Signs of the Zodiac--came before your "jesus" and his "twelve apostles," ALSO based on the sun and the twelve signs of the zodiac. Yet YOU call Hercules mythology and "jesus" *fact.*

***YOUR JESUS IS NO MORE REAL THAN HERCULES. GET THAT IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD, YOU GOD DAMNED FUNDIE BATSHIT WACK JOB!!*** Don't call other people liars when you know god damned well *YOU'RE* the one who's lying.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#385299 Jul 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Jesus is more than a mortal man.
Now you are spreading lies ? or is it your memory is impaired by your anger?
There is no more evidence that Aesop, Socrates or Plato lived than there is for Jesus (only stories, no bones, no graves,etc.). AND the earliest extant manuscripts about Jesus are hundreds of years closer to him than the others are to the lifetimes of the others.
Case closed!
You mean, MIND CLOSED.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#385301 Jul 3, 2012
Notice how G_O_D keeps referring us to a christian website run by some clown named Peter Kirby, who shows absolutely no credits or other information about himself; nothing. All he showed is that he had way too much spare time on his hands.

A fundie.

"If you want to know the unbiased truth about jesus, go to this christian website." ~G_O_D

Yeah, right.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#385303 Jul 3, 2012
slaveHunterDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
But how often do the Christian church state that he was son of god? So if they got that wrong.. how much more??
Oh yes, believe us and follow.. we dont know where we going, or been, but follow
I am not arguing the idiocy of the Christina Church. I am arguing the pre 200 AD documents about a man named (in English) Jesus. The Romans called their Emperors gods, too. Does that mean all the Roman Emperors never existed ?

There is plenty of documentation that a Jewish Rabbi (Jesus) lived and died in the early 1st century Judea. O am argueing nothing more than that. If you thnk Jesus is some kind of demigod, that is your problem.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#385304 Jul 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have is a problem with people who prove you wrong....
Bullshit.
You haven't proved a single thing other than you are a decietful moron.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#385306 Jul 4, 2012
slaveHunterDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Reveals

Himself As The Messiah

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias (Messiah) cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee AM HE.(John 4:21-26)

I believe the bible! God's word

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#385307 Jul 4, 2012
PROOF OF GODS NON EXISTENCE:
PROOF OF THE BIG BANG:
I SUGGEST ALL READ THIS:
REAL EVIDENCE:
HIGGS BOSON PROVED TO EXIST
As of 4 July 2012, the Higgs boson has been tentatively confirmed experimentally. CERN have announced the formal discovery of a new boson believed likely to be the Higgs Boson, at a "5 sigma" level (the level of certainty required for a "discovery"), although scientists are cautious about claiming this is indeed the Higgs Boson pending further analysis.

LOOK IT UP...
Richierich

Schererville, IN

#385308 Jul 4, 2012
Dude, do what you want. Believe what you want. Nobody cares. There is a creator. Be thankful and be good to others. Those are the basic tenets of Christianity and all this business about being saved blah blah really misses the message.
Satan

Kansas City, MO

#385309 Jul 4, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
PROOF OF GODS NON EXISTENCE:
PROOF OF THE BIG BANG:
I SUGGEST ALL READ THIS:
REAL EVIDENCE:
HIGGS BOSON PROVED TO EXIST
As of 4 July 2012, the Higgs boson has been tentatively confirmed experimentally. CERN have announced the formal discovery of a new boson believed likely to be the Higgs Boson, at a "5 sigma" level (the level of certainty required for a "discovery"), although scientists are cautious about claiming this is indeed the Higgs Boson pending further analysis.
LOOK IT UP...
Wow! With your level of deductive reasoning you should fit in nicely with the squatters here...

Let me sum up your argument...
The Higgs boson might exist.
Therefore, God doesn't exist.

Wow! Just, WOW!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#385310 Jul 4, 2012
How 'bout ya'll just have a Happy 4th:)

Be safe and enjoy family and friends ...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Have a great day...
Richierich

Schererville, IN

#385311 Jul 4, 2012
The problem with the baptist message is that it is all about yourself and salvation. Getting yourself into heaven. They quote obscure passages from scriptures that had a totally different meaning when they were written and chosen to be placed in the bible. The message of the teachings is clear. God put everything into existence and loves all. We are to love the same way. Unfortunately we have to deal withthose who don t believe and would like to destroy us

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#385312 Jul 4, 2012
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! With your level of deductive reasoning you should fit in nicely with the squatters here...
Let me sum up your argument...
The Higgs boson might exist.
Therefore, God doesn't exist.
Wow! Just, WOW!
That is a nice kick to a chumps @ss!!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#385313 Jul 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither I nor early Christians saw Jesus as more human than Socrates. The deigication is a ROman pagan concoction.
The problem with this argument is that the Gospels were not written until well AFTER Christ supposedly lived and then most likely NOT by the people who were there. Again, just a recording of oral traditions at best.

You may as well be talking about the "gospels" of Paul Bunyan.

http://www.deusdiapente.net/science/gospels.p...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#385315 Jul 4, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine! So take the ideas that have merit and leave the rest behind. Worshiping some 1st Century self proclaimed carpenter as the son of god is just plain stupid.
RE: Ideas of merit;
"Of course! Every young man should choose a wife. If he chooses well, he will be happy. If not, he will become a philosopher." ~ Socrates
"Experience" is that little voice in your head that says: "You know that thing you just did? Don't do it again".- Pratchett.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min ROCCO 63,953
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Steve III 653,989
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 973,786
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 13 min punkaman 26
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min onemale 281,865
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min andet1987 2,580
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min James Doawen 106,501
More from around the web