Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#382579 Jun 11, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
my idea of heaven is spending time with my family!
Which may be someone else's idea of Hell. LOL

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#382580 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says you don't understand the truth! 1 cor 2-14 if you were never saved/born again you can't understand the truth! John 14-6 Jesus said Im the truth the way the life no comes to the Father without him.. he is the only way.. if you are not christian you won't go to be with Jesus in heaven... its the only way
You missed my question.

If I am complicit in another person's sin, am I also a sinner?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382581 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>if you're not saved born again you are a goat! Jesus said you must be born again.. I know you don't understand that
Jesus calls you a pig, a dog and a pagan.

Read the Bible, you godless pig!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382582 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Jesus declared that when the Son of Man (Himself) comes in His Glory,...
The phrase is Ben'Adam.

It means:

singular - righteous person.
plural - Mankind.

You have no clue what Jesus ever said.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382583 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The gospel really brings out the ugly in you huh
Nope. Lying pigs like you do.

You are a disgrace to God, Jesus and humanity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382584 Jun 11, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You missed my question.
He saw it.
He never answers questions.
All he knows is Paul and John, his two gods.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#382585 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says you don't understand the truth! 1 cor 2-14 if you were never saved/born again you can't understand the truth! John 14-6 Jesus said Im the truth the way the life no comes to the Father without him.. he is the only way.. if you are not christian you won't go to be with Jesus in heaven... its the only way
Okay, for me personally, trying to get you to do anything but repeat mindless babble is over.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382586 Jun 11, 2012
The difference between belief, hope and faith.

Belief is when you watch a tightrope walker push a wheelbarrow across the highwire. You believe he could do it.
Jope is when your friend gets in the wheelbarrow. You hope he doesn;t get killed.
Faith is when YOU get in the wheelbarrow.

I have only met a couple people in my life who had faith in the words of Jesus.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#382587 Jun 11, 2012
W_N wrote:
"I'm not trying to convert you because there is no need."

New Age writes:

You are correct, there is no need, one will eventually find the truth on their own.

....when the die.

There are those who can claim something afterwards (i.e NDEs), which are 'few', but those of the many (the billions who have not), I really doubt they have no more evidence than that of another believer (or for that matter, many non-believers).

Albuquerque, NM

#382588 Jun 11, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There are many Bibles, and millions of "God's Words". How did you choose the one to "believe"?
Are you absolutely certain that the Bhagavad Gita is not "God's Word"? If so, how are you >absolutely< certain?
We'll ask the questions, but we never get any answers.

Is this their tactic to "help spread the word", when in fact, they haven't provided anything to anyone, except what they only like to use?

To ignore is to 'accept'.

Albuquerque, NM

#382589 Jun 11, 2012
Anagramanachronist wrote:
Here is a preacher discussing how the meme that Jesus died for sinners is false, that it is something just taught in Sunday School. This actually makes more sense. Or enough sense, but more.

http://www.opensourcetheology.net/node/737

"God did not send his son with the purpose or aim to die for us. Jesus died for our sins, yes, but God did not need the death of his son to forgive sins."
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I have an intended path for my question, but this is Excellent. I applaud your choice to utilize all sources of knowledge for insight, not just those which perfectly align with your own. It is a mild frustration that "they" assume that we only seek that which affirms our position. As you demonstrate here, the reality is otherwise - we generally seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge. If it contains "truth", so much the better.
Note to Christians: We don't fear the "truth". Those under the banner here actually crave the "truth".
This is why we are no longer Christian.
I agree. If one does not understand both sides of the coin, how are they to understand the opposition?

And I also agree on "not just those which perfectly align with your own".

This is why we are no longer "Christian", because we've realized it is futile to only accept one possibility.

Thanks again Anagram & Hip!

Albuquerque, NM

#382590 Jun 11, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>.....we know very well that "born-again" is just as much New Age belief as crystals and pyramids.
Hey now!!?? Did I deserve to be thrown under the bus?

;o)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382591 Jun 11, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Anagramanachronist wrote:
Here is a preacher discussing how the meme that Jesus died for sinners is false, that it is something just taught in Sunday School. This actually makes more sense. Or enough sense, but more.
http://www.opensourcetheology.net/node/737
"God did not send his son with the purpose or aim to die for us. Jesus died for our sins, yes, but God did not need the death of his son to forgive sins."
<quoted text>
I agree. If one does not understand both sides of the coin, how are they to understand the opposition?
And I also agree on "not just those which perfectly align with your own".
This is why we are no longer "Christian", because we've realized it is futile to only accept one possibility.
Thanks again Anagram & Hip!
Based upon Leviticus, the offering was completed when Jesus was naded over to Pilate. It did no tmatter if Jesus lived or died from that point on. The final offering was completed.

Since: Jul 08

Grove City, OH

#382592 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Andrew declared unto Simon Peter that “we have found the Messias (Messiah)(John 1:40-42) which is another confirmation that Jesus is indeed the Messiah.
No. It's not.

A pseudonymous text written decades after the putative events and later modified is confirmation only of the dishonesty of your myth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#382594 Jun 11, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's not.
A pseudonymous text written decades after the putative events and later modified is confirmation only of the dishonesty of your myth.
1. John is a proven fraud.
2. Even if Peter said that, it does not make it true.
3. Jesus neve claimed to be anything but a righteous man (Ben'Adam).
4. Jesus states clearly that everything he taught was in parables wxcept that which was divuldged only to close disciples. Those are in the Gospel of Thomas and other texts banned by Paul's religion.

"‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.’ But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it" (Matthew 13:10-17).

"These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded." Gospel of Thomas

Grove City, OH

#382595 Jun 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe in GOD!!!!
Is he denying FSM again?

I'll have words with him.

Grove City, OH

#382596 Jun 11, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. John is a proven fraud.
2. Even if Peter said that, it does not make it true.
3. Jesus neve claimed to be anything but a righteous man (Ben'Adam).
4. Jesus states clearly that everything he taught was in parables wxcept that which was divuldged only to close disciples. Those are in the Gospel of Thomas and other texts banned by Paul's religion.
"‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.’ But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it" (Matthew 13:10-17).
"These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded." Gospel of Thomas
I will take Thomas over John any day.

Since: Jun 12

Morristown, TN

#382597 Jun 11, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You missed my question.
answer me this: were you a sinner before you were complicit? If so then you were a sinner after being complicit.
I think your confusion here is that you are lumping sin in the same category as human law. Every human being is born a sinner because of the sins of Adam and Eve. Therefore they must purge their sins through confession and believing on Jesus Christ and accept the fact that He died to pay the price for their sins. After that happens, your soul is saved until the day of redemption whereby Jesus comes back to claim those that have called upon his name and received salvation and forgiveness for their sins. Now the human flesh cannot be saved. It is full of sin and sins daily. Thats why the bible says, "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God". Every person has a soul, which is the heart of man. When a soul is saved, it receives cleansing from all sin and is pure and clean and sin free as Jesus is. We become one with Jesus because the spirit of Jesus and our spirit become one with God. The bible tells us there is an inward man and an outward man. That inward man is his soul, the outward man he is talking about is the flesh. Thats why christians sometimes are butts and we say and do things that we shouldn't. Because we don't keep that outward man under subjection. We are under the same temptions as any other person BUT the difference is that we should keep ourselves spotless before the world and let our light shine but we don't always do that.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#382598 Jun 11, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That's some whiz-bang Googling there, McFly! Don't be at all embarrassed that you, the Evanglist, had no idea about it until I, the Apostate, asked.
He says >nothing< about "“goats who did not follow the Lord". But somehow you completely missed by what criteria Jesus will do that sorting. Please take note what he says (works), what he does NOT say (born-again), and how it applies to your earlier post.
You do remember your earlier post, right?
you don't have the holy sprit! you don't understand the word of my Lord.

1 cor 2-14

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#382599 Jun 11, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take Thomas over John any day.
OK eyes roll

The book of Tommy LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Bluto 59,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr 2 night 994,026
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 5 hr Doctor REALITY 38
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 6 hr Today my birthday 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr PadMark 695,362
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Tony 6,781
Spring break in Mexico. Advice? 7 hr mikevel 1
More from around the web