Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#379469 May 25, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Except that that isn't in Leviticus.
C'mon, fess up - you made that up, dintcha?
i may have made that up (no time to check), but i do know that when the Bible uses the term 'man' or 'mankind' it refers to EVERYONE/all of humankind.

terminology didn't get sissified and dominated by females until more recent generations;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379470 May 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like to know when the 'born again' movement started and how?
Quoting Bible verses to me is inadequate to answer questions. I have read the Bible. There is no excuse in it for either your lack of knowledge of it or your behavior.
"Would you like to know when the 'born again' movement started and how?"

see - this is what you can't understand; being born-again isn't a doctrine or theory, it's an actual experience one has when Christ is truly revealed to them. i had no clue whatsoever that there even was such a thing until after it happened to me.

"behold, old things have passed away (died) and all things have become new (resurrected)"!

did you miss this part when you read the bible as an intelectual snob & critic 40 years ago?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379471 May 25, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much you haven't. Your silly assertion that the calendar year has some bearing on whether your silly god exists is completely nullified by the existence of other calendars NOT based on your deity.
sadly for you, you kinda hafta bow your knee to the LORD of lords everytime you write the date;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379473 May 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I see your employer hasn't caught you stealing time and money from him yet.
i always know when the Truth hit like a root-canal when my opposition resorts to threats & fear tactics;)

“Knowledge is true opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

#379474 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sadly for you, you kinda hafta bow your knee to the LORD of lords everytime you write the date;)
Nah.

All you have to do is recognize the priest who created the arbitrary time frame over 500 years later.

The major problem with the dating system (and the religion) is that the year 0 designation was nothing but a wild guess based on a personal bias by the guesser.
just passing

United States

#379475 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
All you have to do is recognize the priest who created the arbitrary time frame over 500 years later.
The major problem with the dating system (and the religion) is that the year 0 designation was nothing but a wild guess based on a personal bias by the guesser.
And wrong by several years, if you go by the mention of Harrod in the gospel.
Its J and Y

Lansdowne, PA

#379476 May 25, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>that J&Y is a real old dude that looks like Fred Mertz..
You seem to be obsessed by me, Clarabell.
And no, I'm much older than Fred Mertz.
Its J and Y

Lansdowne, PA

#379477 May 25, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I decided a long time ago Clownie -- there's only one thing in this life that matters, and that's people.
Everything else is just noise.
Ah yes, and Barbara Streisand sung it very well. I was 2 and a half light years then...lol

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#379478 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i can't remember....do i like you?;)
Can't think of any reasons why you shouldn't.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379479 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
well, we all get the general idea, and you'd hafta leave the entire western hemisphere to completely escape the notion.

2012...the Year of our LORD! accept it, or get out MY hemisphere;)
Its J and Y

Lansdowne, PA

#379480 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but wait till the end of the mayan calendar.
Then a new dating system will begin.

Chesapeake, VA

#379481 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, we all get the general idea, and you'd hafta leave the entire western hemisphere to completely escape the notion.
Not for another 1400 years.

The date was guessed at in the 500s (and remember, it was a wild ass guess that isn't even supported by the stories in your bible), It wasn't until the 1500s that anyone even tried to make a calendar based on it and then it was another 300 years before it was universally accepted. And then, within just 200 more years the term AD was replaced by another term to simply recognize the calendar dating system while dropping the religious BS.

So, I guess it just didn't mean enough at the time it was supposed to have happened for anyone to really care and now, most people still simply don't care.
Its J and Y

Lansdowne, PA

#379482 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the god that you claim to serve, YHWH, the current calendar year is 5772.

You BLASPHEMER!
Its J and Y

Lansdowne, PA

#379483 May 25, 2012
Dear all,
A special thanks to our Armed Forces who do a wonderful job protecting our country.
May the fallen always be remembered.

Have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379484 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for another 1400 years.
The date was guessed at in the 500s (and remember, it was a wild ass guess that isn't even supported by the stories in your bible), It wasn't until the 1500s that anyone even tried to make a calendar based on it and then it was another 300 years before it was universally accepted. And then, within just 200 more years the term AD was replaced by another term to simply recognize the calendar dating system while dropping the religious BS.
So, I guess it just didn't mean enough at the time it was supposed to have happened for anyone to really care and now, most people still simply don't care.
LOL - you may not care, but that don't mean it's not there! a poet AND prophet....i dunno;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379485 May 25, 2012
Its J and Y wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but wait till the end of the mayan calendar.
Then a new dating system will begin.
there are supposed to be many 'signs in the heavens' from 2012 - 2014; 4 blood moons & some eclipses i guess. we'll have to see what happens.....

Chesapeake, VA

#379486 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - you may not care, but that don't mean it's not there! a poet AND prophet....i dunno;)
Less than 1/3 of the world's population cares.
And that number is shrinking every year.

Sorry

Chesapeake, VA

#379488 May 25, 2012
zodiac wrote:
<quoted text>
like this thread, no?
Yep

But, does anyone really care about anything here?

Since: May 12

Fair Oaks, CA

#379489 May 25, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
Jesus told me that if I had to pretend, it wasn't Him. I am sorry you could not find a place in the Church to be real. It is tragic, but I am glad that you stopped pretending.
Disgusted

Columbus, OH

#379490 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
see - this is what you can't understand; being born-again isn't a doctrine or theory, it's an actual experience one has when Christ is truly revealed to them. i had no clue whatsoever that there even was such a thing until after it happened to me.
Actually, scummy creeps like you are more than adequate proof that "born again" is just another religious delusion that means absolutely nothing to anybody except the delusional.

This "born again" nonsense dogma didn't even exist until the late 60s, despite your ignorant bleatings to the contrary. You are so stupid gullible and brainwashed you just mindlessly go along with whatever the apologists tell you.

You keep pretending your religion isn't a religion, and you keep pretending you know your religion better than we know it. Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 856,383
Skanks At The Pool (Jul '08) 17 min Bellyflop22 37
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,728
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWORLDWarMonger 177,239
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,107
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 5,865
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 2 hr Impish Demon 75
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr USA Born 596,860
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Bella Italia 612,660
More from around the web