Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#379466 May 25, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the video I provided that you drooled all over.
as if it's hard to find bimbo's acting like animals all over the internet!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379467 May 25, 2012
Wacka_Flacka wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's neither here nor there...
LOL! i can't remember....do i like you?;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#379468 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
since He took our sins upon Himself, He was forsaken for a season so that we could be received forever.
if/when you can understand this, you'll umderstand true, self-sacraficing Love......
I see your employer hasn't caught you stealing time and money from him yet.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379469 May 25, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Except that that isn't in Leviticus.
C'mon, fess up - you made that up, dintcha?
i may have made that up (no time to check), but i do know that when the Bible uses the term 'man' or 'mankind' it refers to EVERYONE/all of humankind.

terminology didn't get sissified and dominated by females until more recent generations;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379470 May 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like to know when the 'born again' movement started and how?
Quoting Bible verses to me is inadequate to answer questions. I have read the Bible. There is no excuse in it for either your lack of knowledge of it or your behavior.
"Would you like to know when the 'born again' movement started and how?"

see - this is what you can't understand; being born-again isn't a doctrine or theory, it's an actual experience one has when Christ is truly revealed to them. i had no clue whatsoever that there even was such a thing until after it happened to me.

"behold, old things have passed away (died) and all things have become new (resurrected)"!

did you miss this part when you read the bible as an intelectual snob & critic 40 years ago?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379471 May 25, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much you haven't. Your silly assertion that the calendar year has some bearing on whether your silly god exists is completely nullified by the existence of other calendars NOT based on your deity.
sadly for you, you kinda hafta bow your knee to the LORD of lords everytime you write the date;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379473 May 25, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I see your employer hasn't caught you stealing time and money from him yet.
i always know when the Truth hit like a root-canal when my opposition resorts to threats & fear tactics;)

“Knowledge is true opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

#379474 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sadly for you, you kinda hafta bow your knee to the LORD of lords everytime you write the date;)
Nah.

All you have to do is recognize the priest who created the arbitrary time frame over 500 years later.

The major problem with the dating system (and the religion) is that the year 0 designation was nothing but a wild guess based on a personal bias by the guesser.
just passing

United States

#379475 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
All you have to do is recognize the priest who created the arbitrary time frame over 500 years later.
The major problem with the dating system (and the religion) is that the year 0 designation was nothing but a wild guess based on a personal bias by the guesser.
And wrong by several years, if you go by the mention of Harrod in the gospel.
Its J and Y

Upper Darby, PA

#379476 May 25, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>that J&Y is a real old dude that looks like Fred Mertz..
You seem to be obsessed by me, Clarabell.
And no, I'm much older than Fred Mertz.
Its J and Y

Upper Darby, PA

#379477 May 25, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I decided a long time ago Clownie -- there's only one thing in this life that matters, and that's people.
Everything else is just noise.
Ah yes, and Barbara Streisand sung it very well. I was 2 and a half light years then...lol

“Words are Powerful”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#379478 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i can't remember....do i like you?;)
Can't think of any reasons why you shouldn't.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379479 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
well, we all get the general idea, and you'd hafta leave the entire western hemisphere to completely escape the notion.

2012...the Year of our LORD! accept it, or get out MY hemisphere;)
Its J and Y

Upper Darby, PA

#379480 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but wait till the end of the mayan calendar.
Then a new dating system will begin.

Chesapeake, VA

#379481 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, we all get the general idea, and you'd hafta leave the entire western hemisphere to completely escape the notion.
Not for another 1400 years.

The date was guessed at in the 500s (and remember, it was a wild ass guess that isn't even supported by the stories in your bible), It wasn't until the 1500s that anyone even tried to make a calendar based on it and then it was another 300 years before it was universally accepted. And then, within just 200 more years the term AD was replaced by another term to simply recognize the calendar dating system while dropping the religious BS.

So, I guess it just didn't mean enough at the time it was supposed to have happened for anyone to really care and now, most people still simply don't care.
Its J and Y

Upper Darby, PA

#379482 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the god that you claim to serve, YHWH, the current calendar year is 5772.

You BLASPHEMER!
Its J and Y

Upper Darby, PA

#379483 May 25, 2012
Dear all,
A special thanks to our Armed Forces who do a wonderful job protecting our country.
May the fallen always be remembered.

Have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379484 May 25, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for another 1400 years.
The date was guessed at in the 500s (and remember, it was a wild ass guess that isn't even supported by the stories in your bible), It wasn't until the 1500s that anyone even tried to make a calendar based on it and then it was another 300 years before it was universally accepted. And then, within just 200 more years the term AD was replaced by another term to simply recognize the calendar dating system while dropping the religious BS.
So, I guess it just didn't mean enough at the time it was supposed to have happened for anyone to really care and now, most people still simply don't care.
LOL - you may not care, but that don't mean it's not there! a poet AND prophet....i dunno;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#379485 May 25, 2012
Its J and Y wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but wait till the end of the mayan calendar.
Then a new dating system will begin.
there are supposed to be many 'signs in the heavens' from 2012 - 2014; 4 blood moons & some eclipses i guess. we'll have to see what happens.....

Chesapeake, VA

#379486 May 25, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - you may not care, but that don't mean it's not there! a poet AND prophet....i dunno;)
Less than 1/3 of the world's population cares.
And that number is shrinking every year.

Sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 670,587
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 980,336
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 6 hr lightbeamrider 2
More from around the web