Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#369148 Mar 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should know that "truth" and "bible" are mutually exclusive.
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it for myself.
You, however are stating what YOU believe is truth
I never said any such thing. Stop breaking your Ninth Commandment.(oh, i forget; the ten commandments aren't for christians to follow, it's just for the rest of us.)
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text> and that is according to you the bible is a lie...
Not according to me. The bible proves itself to be a lie. I've read it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369149 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>I have to with all the cut down I get. If I don't I might fall into depression or worse. I can't depend on others to show me my self worth. So, I have to depend on God to show me. I should speak it to build myself up when I'm feeling down. That's how I deal with things sometimes. I see and know what the truth is. You all don't know me. I am sorry for sounding like I am full of myself. Quite the contrary, I have had low self esteem for too much of my life and I am learning to turn it around.
I hope this helps.
Being self-aware is a good thing. Bragging is not.

#369150 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
I have no misunderstandings about christianity.
Christianity is a blend of stolen mythology and outright lies. It's also drenched in about as much blood as is Islam.
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>This is yet another one of your "opinions"
Nope; fact. I've got history on my side.

The Crusades.

The Inquisition.

The Burning Times.

Salem.

Genocide of the Pacific Islanders.

Sand Creek.

Wounded Knee.

HUAC.

Operation: Rescue.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369151 Mar 17, 2012
todayisforgodonfacebook wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians care about because Jesus taught us to love everyone and help everyone we can. Our only goal as Christians is to the do our best to live a Christian life and to share that with others.
You seem very agry at God.
Remember that you do not need to believe in God Heaven or Hell to go there.
If you are right and I am wrong who is worse off?
I am praying for you, God does love you and will forgive you
What nearly all of the Christians here prove is quite different. They prove they hate you to the point of wanting to either shut you up or kill you if you won't join them in their religion.

Go back to 2-3 days ago and look at your Christian buddy Logistics Supervisor's posts then come back and tell us again about all this love. This crap has been going on ever since this thread was started.

One of your Christian buddies asked someone to kill themself in front of a web cam.

One of them told a poster here that he hoped he had a wreck and died on his way to take his elderly mother medicine on a snowy day.

One of them asked me how many times I had to sleep with my father because I grew up Mormon.

Yeah, all these show good taste, the Love of Christ and good will, don't they? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.'

So don't come here telling us that all of you are just here to spread the love. We've seen what your 'love' looks like.

Also, don't tell me they were not 'true' Christians. You do not have the infinite ability to make that decision. All you can honestly say is that they do not behave in a manner you 'believe' is what Jesus taught.

#369152 Mar 17, 2012
Wellsir, Aesop's fables are not a self-contradictory book which is claimed by fervent followers to be the inerrant word of any god.
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW how sexy you are?
{*blush!*} I'll bet you say that to *all* the girls, you li'l charmer you.

Need some help polishing that--I mean, those horns?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#369153 Mar 17, 2012
Wellsir, Aesop's fables are not a self-contradictory book which is claimed by fervent followers to be the inerrant word of any god.
<quoted text>
{*blush!*} I'll bet you say that to *all* the girls, you li'l charmer you.
Need some help polishing that--I mean, those horns?
My horns always need polishing, Sweetie!! Chamois or Terry Cloth?

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

Since: Apr 11

out your transgressions

#369154 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why not offer to have a discussion on her beliefs instead since she doesn't believe in the Christian mythos nor any of its attending support data?....
Kait has been the target of almost every Christian on Topix. She finally just started treating them with the disrespect they treated her. I know that feeling. I tried to be nice to everyone when I first came on Topix. I have lost all patience doing that.
Maybe just for today we can skip over the biting people's heads off. I don't know that I can, but I'm going to try not to call anyone an idiot today. It may be a small goal, but it's a goal.
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I been hateful and vile? You are thinking of your wolf witch friend.
<quoted text>
That's where you were being deliberately decietful, if nothing else.
But I understand your need to lie.
Whatever you showed here doesn't show me being disrespectful to you.

out your transgressions

#369155 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And, I find it funny that many here see you as a troll while you are calling others trolls. That's high powered stuff right there.
uuumm, ok when a poster names themselves "waaasssuuup is a fairy" When there is a good poster named waaasssuuup then it speaks for itself. Along with all the vile crap that poster posts. Pretty obvious to me. I don't know why you can't see that. Also, saying vile things to "Annie" of all people!
your dead aborted baby

Spartanburg, SC

#369156 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>What nearly all of the Christians here prove is quite different. They prove they hate you to the point of wanting to either shut you up or kill you if you won't join them in their religion.
Go back to 2-3 days ago and look at your Christian buddy Logistics Supervisor's posts then come back and tell us again about all this love. This crap has been going on ever since this thread was started.
One of your Christian buddies asked someone to kill themself in front of a web cam.
One of them told a poster here that he hoped he had a wreck and died on his way to take his elderly mother medicine on a snowy day.
One of them asked me how many times I had to sleep with my father because I grew up Mormon.
Yeah, all these show good taste, the Love of Christ and good will, don't they? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.'
So don't come here telling us that all of you are just here to spread the love. We've seen what your 'love' looks like.
Also, don't tell me they were not 'true' Christians. You do not have the infinite ability to make that decision. All you can honestly say is that they do not behave in a manner you 'believe' is what Jesus taught.
So, how many times?

out your transgressions

#369157 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> This is just exactly what people have pointed out to you before...your dishonesty. I have never called you stupid for your religion. I have called you willfully ignorant. In other words, able to learn but unwilling.
You have made ridiculous posts here about things that were not in the bible. Remember the dragons and unicorns remark you made. Ridiculous comments are ridiculous comments.
You choose not to change your approach and continue to be dishonest. I think I for one have nothing else to say to you in the way of trying to make a path of common ground.
Honestly I was joking around about the unicorn and dragon thing bcs I thought it was pure silliness in an attempt to prove the bible to be wrong.
your dead aborted baby

Spartanburg, SC

#369158 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>What nearly all of the Christians here prove is quite different. They prove they hate you to the point of wanting to either shut you up or kill you if you won't join them in their religion.
How rude.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#369159 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it for myself.
You, however are stating what YOU believe is truth and that is according to you the bible is a lie...of which I believe the bible is truth.
We can agree to disagree...Agreed?
What I have is not truth. I have beliefs that make sense to me. If I find evidence to the contrary I will abandon them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369160 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
According to the 40,000 year old cave paintings in southern France, religion was also practiced by hunter/gatherers.
Pictures on a wall is scant evidence of religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369161 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen that movie "The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao?"
Tony Randall played this elderly Chinese gent who brought this fantastic & mystical circus to a small desert town. In a way, it's almost a Circus of Tao. People go there hoping to be entertained, but instead they are showed the truth of what they really are; and They Don't Like It One Little Bit. Anyway, there's this one part where Dr. Lao is talking to Billy, this ten- or twelve-year-old kid. He asks him, "Billy, do you know what 'wisdom' is?" And Billy kinda thinks it over for a second or two, then says, "No." Dr. Lao smiled at him and said, "Wise answer."
Christians think they are "wise" because they believe the bible (and at the same time, the bible denigrates wisdom). They tell themselves they have all the answers...when in reality, they got nothin' but egotism.
Agreed!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369162 Mar 17, 2012
Yet you believe in Tuscan legends. Are they true?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?
<quoted text>
Nope. I've read the thing. But not with a desire to believe; I read it merely to see what was in it, and discovered for myself that it flat-out lies. When people *want* to believe, they stop thinking.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, absolutely; taken in its proper context, there's is some insight to be gained from it. But threats of damnation and eternal punishment for disbelief? I mean, come on! What kind of an all-knowing, all-powerful and all-compassionate god needs to demand fealty through threats of eternal immolation?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369163 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>uuumm, ok when a poster names themselves "waaasssuuup is a fairy" When there is a good poster named waaasssuuup then it speaks for itself. Along with all the vile crap that poster posts. Pretty obvious to me. I don't know why you can't see that. Also, saying vile things to "Annie" of all people!
There is no 'good' poster named waassuupp. Wassupp has asked every woman on this thread out even though he says he's married. He has put every woman here down lower than a dog. But you go ahead and buddy up to him if you like. You'll find out sooner or later.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369164 Mar 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
<quoted text>
Nope. I've read the thing. But not with a desire to believe; I read it merely to see what was in it, and discovered for myself that it flat-out lies. When people *want* to believe, they stop thinking.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, absolutely; taken in its proper context, there's is some insight to be gained from it. But threats of damnation and eternal punishment for disbelief? I mean, come on! What kind of an all-knowing, all-powerful and all-compassionate god needs to demand fealty through threats of eternal immolation?
When did Chills threaten you with Hell ?

So far she is as set in her beliefs as you are in yours.
I could easily make a mockery of both your beliefs. What would the gain me?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369165 Mar 17, 2012
.....Oh joy, look who showed up; Goober Hull, also known as God's favorite little punch line.
Now he is a troll to kick.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369166 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>uuumm, ok when a poster names themselves "waaasssuuup is a fairy" When there is a good poster named waaasssuuup then it speaks for itself. Along with all the vile crap that poster posts. Pretty obvious to me. I don't know why you can't see that. Also, saying vile things to "Annie" of all people!
Everyone on this thread has had a time of disagreement, no matter how much we like each other. That's how friendships (even internet friendships) go. I'm sure Annie can fend for herself. I don't like the two of them being upset with each other, and I don't need to approve or disapprove of either of their actions. Annie usually takes things pretty much in stride and doesn't lose her temper. I think both of them may have taken things to mean what they didn't, but that's just my opinion. I hope it all ends well but I'm not getting in the middle of it.
And you don't have to have used someone else's moniker in yours to be a troll. That's proven right here on this thread every day.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369167 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures on a wall is scant evidence of religion.
I don't think paintings on a wall are scant evidence of religion. I think it is scant evidence that the religion is factual. I take the same approach with holy books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 950,589
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Anthony MN 627,499
Play "end of the word" part 2 11 min ImFree2Choose 696
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min RiccardoFire 615,775
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 32 min Diwakar 294
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min Lbj 14,264
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 34 min RiccardoFire 17,812
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 278,425
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Frank Merton 180,015
More from around the web