Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#369172 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly I was joking around about the unicorn and dragon thing bcs I thought it was pure silliness in an attempt to prove the bible to be wrong.
It is in the Bible. Dragons, UNicorns and even four legged birds!

It is full of stuff like that. It is not a history book. Never was and never will be. It is allegory, traditions and legends of the Hebrews.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369173 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Chills threaten you with Hell ?
So far she is as set in her beliefs as you are in yours.
I could easily make a mockery of both your beliefs. What would the gain me?
It's true that anyone could make fun of their beliefs, your beliefs or anyone else's beliefs.

I think it's a catch 22. But Kait has not come on here asking, much less telling, people that her way is the only true way. Nor has she tried to convert anyone to her beliefs ever.

I think all of us get tired of the fundamentalist crap on here to the point that we sometimes cannot see past that. But I have given rope to those who turned out trying to hang me with it. I am cautious almost to the point of distrust of every theist who comes here.

You are a theist on a non-theist thread. You did not come here preaching that your way was the 'right' way. You didn't come in telling things that you knew non-believers would make light of. It could be just chill's age and lack of knowledge, or it could be that she's just pulling your leg and anyone else's she can. Sure wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Kait has a very hard way of saying things. I know that. I think when people are harsh, others don't always give them credit for what they say that is correct. You seemed to be able to do that with her which is to your credit. She seems to be able to do that with you, which is to her credit. It's a beginning point.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369174 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he is a troll to kick.
Yet he's harmless and never wishes any ill on anyone. And he doesn't preach at you. Even the devil has good points.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#369175 Mar 17, 2012
Old Clown is in another rook game tonight.. Im really showing out tonight.. The clown is getting the bird every hand.. I've also had the rook a couple of times!!!!! LOL TEAM CLOWN WINNING!!! LATER...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369176 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have and its refreshing.
Interesting traditions. I like the Teutonic Mythos myself. I want a Viking funeral. I have all the clothes and the sword. <smile>
Now THAT is preparation! I just want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in the N Ga mountains so they'll fertilize the mountain laurel. They have given me so many years of sheer beauty the least I can do is return to the ground on which they have bloomed for me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369177 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
OK, EVERYONE...I have looked up posts from the very first post. I first posted to waaasssuuup on feb 9 pg. 17392 post #362365
Whoever wants to see proof can look at all posts from me and to me of how it all started from there.
My story began on pg. 17402 post #362581
BBJ called me a liar on pg. 17412 post #362777
I hope this helps and I would like feedback
You mean you first posted to him under this name?

You need to give links so people don't have to try to find that particular post number.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#369178 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why not offer to have a discussion on her beliefs instead since she doesn't believe in the Christian mythos nor any of its attending support data?
I think sometimes we forget, or at least I do, that the world is a very large place with many systems of belief. I get so bogged down here arguing with those who have little to know knowledge of what they claim to believe and preach regardless of the lack of knowledge, I sometimes forget there are people here with totally differing belief systems.
Kait has been the target of almost every Christian on Topix. She finally just started treating them with the disrespect they treated her. I know that feeling. I tried to be nice to everyone when I first came on Topix. I have lost all patience doing that.
Maybe just for today we can skip over the biting people's heads off. I don't know that I can, but I'm going to try not to call anyone an idiot today. It may be a small goal, but it's a goal.
Well said Water, and I agree. I was on PTAG and read all the Garbage spewed at Kait. I replied to her some time ago in question about her beliefs and the family origins of them due to personal interest. There was a good conversation going on the thread. Unfortunately about that same time, some snagged a hold of the label and would not let a respectful conversation be had. Based on my *own* communications with her, I find her to be kind and respectful. I have to be honest, some of her post’s to others do make me blush, while others simply make me laugh. One thing can be said about Kait, she certainly knows how to get her point across in very few words.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#369179 Mar 17, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Water, and I agree. I was on PTAG and read all the Garbage spewed at Kait. I replied to her some time ago in question about her beliefs and the family origins of them due to personal interest. There was a good conversation going on the thread. Unfortunately about that same time, some snagged a hold of the label and would not let a respectful conversation be had. Based on my *own* communications with her, I find her to be kind and respectful. I have to be honest, some of her post’s to others do make me blush, while others simply make me laugh. One thing can be said about Kait, she certainly knows how to get her point across in very few words.
I've blushed at a few of hers and others. I've laughed at many. I can't say I would use the language she uses, but I can be very straightforward myself.

“Isaiah 43:25 I am He who blots”

Since: Apr 11

out your transgressions

#369180 Mar 17, 2012
OK, I have more proof I have not been deceptive about who I am. The very first time I posted here was under Chill out pls, last year April 2 2011 pg.15509 post #322178
I NEVER posted here under any other name.

out your transgressions

#369181 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You mean you first posted to him under this name?
You need to give links so people don't have to try to find that particular post number.
I meant this year when I came back. When all this started.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369182 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>It's true that anyone could make fun of their beliefs, your beliefs or anyone else's beliefs.
I think it's a catch 22. But Kait has not come on here asking, much less telling, people that her way is the only true way. Nor has she tried to convert anyone to her beliefs ever.
I think all of us get tired of the fundamentalist crap on here to the point that we sometimes cannot see past that. But I have given rope to those who turned out trying to hang me with it. I am cautious almost to the point of distrust of every theist who comes here.
You are a theist on a non-theist thread. You did not come here preaching that your way was the 'right' way. You didn't come in telling things that you knew non-believers would make light of. It could be just chill's age and lack of knowledge, or it could be that she's just pulling your leg and anyone else's she can. Sure wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
Kait has a very hard way of saying things. I know that. I think when people are harsh, others don't always give them credit for what they say that is correct. You seemed to be able to do that with her which is to your credit. She seems to be able to do that with you, which is to her credit. It's a beginning point.
I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
I hope you all understand that theists are as adamant that God exists as atheists are that God doesn't.

Many atheists here say they "know" God doesn't exist and saying "Your Bibkle proves your god is a fraud" etc.

I guess I just see both sides as going over the tap and bashing each other unstead of finding common ground.

Note how Kati was quick to bash Jesus as having nothing in common with the Wiccan creeds (not Tuscan BTW). And further saying she read the Bible just to see what it says and was convinced it was worthless and stolen etc.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369183 Mar 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yet he's harmless and never wishes any ill on anyone. And he doesn't preach at you. Even the devil has good points.
I get annoyed at his gay bashing comments.
That alone deserves a kick by a mule in my opinion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#369184 Mar 17, 2012
Chills second post on this thread

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Almost a year ago

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#369185 Mar 17, 2012
chill out pls wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you showed here doesn't show me being disrespectful to you.
Did you read the post before hitting "reply?"

You accused me of being "hateful and vile." Click on the link; it's right at the top of the page.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#369186 Mar 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the 40,000 year old cave paintings in southern France, religion was also practiced by hunter/gatherers.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures on a wall is scant evidence of religion.
Do you feel the same way about the Sistine Chapel?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#369187 Mar 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Yet you believe in Tuscan legends. Are they true?
<quoted text>
I don't know. Like I said; there's folklore, and then there's folklore.

out your transgressions

#369188 Mar 17, 2012
http://www.vevo.com/watch/david-crowder-band/...

I LOVE this song, for believers and unbelievers alike! I hope you enjoy and it blesses you

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#369189 Mar 17, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should know that "truth" and "bible" are mutually exclusive.
<quoted text>
See what I mean, G_O_D?
Chill; belief is not knowledge. Belief is *belief.* Why can't christians figure that out?
<quoted text>
Nope. I've read the thing. But not with a desire to believe; I read it merely to see what was in it, and discovered for myself that it flat-out lies. When people *want* to believe, they stop thinking.
<quoted text>
Wellsir, Aesop's fables are not a self-contradictory book which is claimed by fervent followers to be the inerrant word of any god.
<quoted text>
Oh, absolutely; taken in its proper context, there's is some insight to be gained from it. But threats of damnation and eternal punishment for disbelief? I mean, come on! What kind of an all-knowing, all-powerful and all-compassionate god needs to demand fealty through threats of eternal immolation?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Chills threaten you with Hell ?
I was talking about her religion, which demands belief and fealty under threats of eternal damnation and immolation.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>So far she is as set in her beliefs as you are in yours.
I could easily make a mockery of both your beliefs. What would the gain me?
I couldn't care less what you think of *my* beliefs.

She demands, however indirectly, that you accept hers.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#369190 Mar 17, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Old Clown is in another rook game tonight.. Im really showing out tonight.. The clown is getting the bird every hand.. I've also had the rook a couple of times!!!!! LOL TEAM CLOWN WINNING!!! LATER...
whiskey tango foxtrot?

Now,*that* post is a head-scratcher....

out your transgressions

#369191 Mar 17, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Here is another page. Where am I being deceptive?

And DOC'S response to me after I shared my testimony was so sweet. I'm glad I pulled it up, it was a great reminder of why I came to this thread in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 649,888
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 56,312
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,475
Are you AFRAID to meet the Lord Jesus on Judgme... 1 hr doG adeDmn Hlyo r... 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr brandy trujillo 972,404
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 429
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,300
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 7 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web