Doctor Reality

Hot Springs Village, AR

#355225 Dec 31, 2011
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The wisdom of Socrates!
Are you living in solitary confinement in a mental institution?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#355226 Dec 31, 2011
I hope you all do not mind if I take you all on a personal journey with me, as I ring in the new year. I went back and found my original post on here from June 12, 2009:
NoStress4me wrote:
DearthOfCouth,
Thank you for a well thought out and well written original post.
My difference is that I have not lost my personal faith in God. I simply can not find a church.(I say “simply” but it is not so simple to me) I am finding so many extremes out there – that it makes my head spin. I find as I question things, I just come up with more questions. I am taking faith in the fact that we should all do this, are meant to. It states in the Bible that we should question *all* and keep only the good. It does not state that we should look to a church for the go ahead to question something, or rely on the church for understanding. I believe we should each seek on our own for understanding, and we each have our own journey that is personal to us individually. My personal prayer is that each of us finds what we are seeking in the way that is true to ourselves. No one has the correct answer for you. The people that say “What you need to do is < .....>, or < .....> is going to happen to you!” I have found are the most clueless when questioned.
May you find beauty and humor in your day to day, and may you find comfort in being you. As that is what I believe we are meant to be above all else -Ourselves. Congratulations on not just accepting and I truly hope you enjoy your journey.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Continued:

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#355227 Dec 31, 2011
I would like to thank DearthOfCouth for his original post once again here @ the end of 2011. My recent conversation with Counter_Strike got me to thinking,“Am I really gaining anything by being here?”(I do thank you for that question C_S) My life has had many ups and downs since I first happened upon this thread, and a few names here have been with me through it all. The honest and uncensored posts written here, have truly been a Godsend in my life. I can say as warped as Topix is…..I have learned quite a bit from the difference in opinion of us all. I would like to give a bit of a shout out and Sincere thanks to some on here that have provided me with lots of pondering. Wishing each of you, all the Best in the New Year!

DearthOfCouth: I am looking forward to the questions (/answers) I will ask (/find) this new year due to your own personal journey that you chose to write out, and share here.
Hagen: Thank you for being the first to smack at me. I honestly appreciate it.
Water: Thank you for simply being you.
Mac: Thank you for all the honest and belly rolling laughs, as well as perceptive words you provide.
X: Thank you for making me mad enough to question things I might not have in the beginning, and leaving me alone to find my own answers in the end.
Ooogah: As always you invited for tea my friend…..but could you find, and reprimand the leprechaun that stole my tablecloth?
Wilderide: I hope you keep on as you are, questions tend to pop up for me when you post.
BlackSheep: I wish you would post more.
Blackbowy: As the first (due to personal opinion based on your posts here) fundamentalist I had the uncomfortable experience of responding to, thank you for being the first at showing me another side to what I have, and a start to understanding what the difference is.(Even if I don’t like it)
AtomicG: To make it simple: Thank you for taking the time.
NOTWF: Thank you for helping me to understand that I choose my battles, and some on here are not as they appear.
Sunstreaked: Miss you and your opinion’s.
HipGnosis: It’s my opinion that you do more than you may think on here. Another that I can only say:“Thank you for being you” to.
Love_spell: You were there at an odd moment in my life. Thank you truly seems inadequate to me. You are unique, and I hope you find all you are looking for in life.
NorCal88: Thank you for giving me the right.
BBJ: Still working on Hitler…hope you don’t mind that it might take me a bit.
AnnieJ: You are a light…I thank you for all you stand for on here.
Mr. Wiggley: Have not had the pleasure to debate with you as of yet…I do love reading your posts.
Allen:(Or whatever name now - still don‘t get that, but anyway…..) thank you for the Lilly Allen song Fu** You. I had never laughed so hard, nor realized at a given moment, that I may be taking myself to seriously.(P.S. Back @ ya my friend and I miss you.)
Anti-Christ: your posts tend to be out of my understanding at the moment, yet I do look forward to a cordial debate in the future. <<Face plant into very thick book>> LOL.
Disgusted: No one states things as you do, I for one hope that does not change.
G_O_D: Thank you for a new and different perspective on something I hold dear. I love the fact that we don’t agree, yet…oddly enough….we do.

I know that I have not named a few….sorry, but some of your names are odd to most, and out of reach for a dyslexic ;) If you find this post a bit odd, or find fault with it - all that I can say is…“Hagen’s fault…..!!!” for old times sake….. ;O)

When it comes to the question that led me to this post? I have gained much by being here, and would not change it. I thank each of you for being who you are and here’s to a new year of discovery for us all,

Happy New Year!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#355228 Dec 31, 2011
carbon wrote:
<quoted text>
WHICH God?
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who is incarnate in Jesus Christ.

Exodus 3:5 “Do not come any closer,” God said.“Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said,“I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God...

...13 Moses said to God,“Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is His name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses,“Say to the Israelites,‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is My name forever,
the name you shall call Me
from generation to generation."

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord."
John 4:25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ)“is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.” 26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am He.”
John 8:54 Jesus replied,“If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies Me. 55 Though you do not know Him, I know Him...56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing My day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him,“and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered,“before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone Him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

[Special note: The Jews understood that when Jesus said "I AM" He was saying He was equal to God Himself--in short, that He Himself was and is God. That was why they attempted to kill Him there and then. Refer to Exodus 3:5-15 posted above.]

By the way, Pyewickett sounds a warm and wonderful feline :) I'd give anything to be able to hug tmy Cleo again!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#355229 Dec 31, 2011
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i am!
got a problem with that?
Yes, you are an atheist.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355230 Dec 31, 2011
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
take your own advice
My own advice about what?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355231 Dec 31, 2011
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I think Hip would be surprised to hear himself described as a Christian. I've known him online for a long time, since well before he started participating in my "home" thread, "Bush is a hero." He describes himself as a FORMER Christian.
I agree with you, however--Although Hip and I have had our spats, he IS a class act and I consider him a good friend :)
Indeed, he is a class act, a man among men, but I wonder why you say I described him as a Christian? Is that good or bad by your opinion?

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355232 Dec 31, 2011
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>In the first place, I never heard of CS, whom I assume is Counter Strike, before this. I came here on my own, no invitations from anybody.
In the second place, your being here is nowhere near the same as "being drug to church." By definition, "being dragged to church" means being forced to attend. You don't have to be here, do you? Therefore, you are not being forced.
Oh, so you've noticed that Christians are NOT ostracized in this country? I guess that helps to confirm you've never been persecuted. I truly am sorry, however, if you've lost friends by not being a Christian. They should know better. Jesus never deserted His friends.
You said "The fact that every person, whether Christian, Muslim, Jew, Pagan, Wiccan, Atheist or otherwise pays taxes means that if one religion is recognized as being above the others it is 'approved by the state', which our Constitution forbids." Of course it does. That is further evidence that you don't know what persecution is, any more than I do.(You WERE aware, weren't you, that in many nations which claim "tolerance," people who do not hold to the majority religion, are required to pay higher taxes? Coptic Christian Egyptians, for example, must pay higher tax rates than Muslim Egyptians do).
I've never said my rights have been taken away. What I am doing in this post, and the others, is ASSERTING my right, and EXERCISING my right, and that of other Christians, to say whatever we wish, regardless of whether or not others find our beliefs offensive.
Am I a "bad example" of a Christian? That's not for me to say, but I probably am. Fortunately for me, God in His grace clothes me and all other Christian in new robes of righteousness every day. He renews my soul every day through the Holy Spirit, so perhaps one day I'll be a better example of a Christian than I am now.
Brilliant!

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355233 Dec 31, 2011
Seen Is Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
And to those just tuning in to this program, Counter_Stink here is playing the victim card again. It's a regular feature of this thread. He trashes everyone who posts to him, then tortuously details some delusional train wreck of word play on how it's always the other person's fault, and he's somehow the "victim". It's really, really, really, BORING, but he insists on doing this over, and over, and over...
If it is so boring, then why do you continually read it? Obsessed much?

CS.

“Now I know how strong I can be”

Since: May 07

Marthastown

#355234 Dec 31, 2011
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who is incarnate in Jesus Christ.
Exodus 3:5 “Do not come any closer,” God said.“Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said,“I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God...
...13 Moses said to God,“Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is His name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
15 God also said to Moses,“Say to the Israelites,‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord."
John 4:25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ)“is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.” 26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am He.”
John 8:54 Jesus replied,“If I glorify Myself, My glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies Me. 55 Though you do not know Him, I know Him...56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing My day; he saw it and was glad.”
57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him,“and you have seen Abraham!”
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered,“before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone Him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
[Special note: The Jews understood that when Jesus said "I AM" He was saying He was equal to God Himself--in short, that He Himself was and is God. That was why they attempted to kill Him there and then. Refer to Exodus 3:5-15 posted above.]

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355235 Dec 31, 2011
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yet the last time you 'dropped in'(uncoincidentally just after he threatened to flood this thread with trolls), CS greeted you as 'my friend' and you responded in kind.
Go ahead and assert your rights. But just remember that I have the same Constitutional rights that you do, and yours end where mine begin.
LOL @'clothes me with new robes of righteousness'. Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.
This is worthless and incendiary. really very poor.

:(

CS.

“Now I know how strong I can be”

Since: May 07

Marthastown

#355236 Dec 31, 2011
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who is incarnate in Jesus Christ.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355237 Dec 31, 2011
NoStress4me wrote:
I would like to thank DearthOfCouth for his original post once again here @ the end of 2011. My recent conversation with Counter_Strike got me to thinking,“Am I really gaining anything by being here?”(I do thank you for that question C_S) My life has had many ups and downs since I first happened upon this thread, and a few names here have been with me through it all. The honest and uncensored posts written here, have truly been a Godsend in my life. I can say as warped as Topix is…..I have learned quite a bit from the difference in opinion of us all. I would like to give a bit of a shout out and Sincere thanks to some on here that have provided me with lots of pondering. Wishing each of you, all the Best in the New Year!
DearthOfCouth: I am looking forward to the questions (/answers) I will ask (/find) this new year due to your own personal journey that you chose to write out, and share here.
Mac: Thank you for all the honest and belly rolling laughs, as well as perceptive words you provide.
X: Thank you for making me mad enough to question things I might not have in the beginning, and leaving me alone to find my own answers in the end.
Ooogah: As always you invited for tea my friend…..but could you find, and reprimand the leprechaun that stole my tablecloth?
Wilderide: I hope you keep on as you are, questions tend to pop up for me when you post.
Blackbowy: As the first (due to personal opinion based on your posts here) fundamentalist I had the uncomfortable experience of responding to, thank you for being the first at showing me another side to what I have, and a start to understanding what the difference is.(Even if I don’t like it)
NOTWF: Thank you for helping me to understand that I choose my battles, and some on here are not as they appear.
HipGnosis: It’s my opinion that you do more than you may think on here. Another that I can only say:“Thank you for being you” to.
Love_spell: You were there at an odd moment in my life. Thank you truly seems inadequate to me. You are unique, and I hope you find all you are looking for in life.
Mr. Wiggley: Have not had the pleasure to debate with you as of yet…I do love reading your posts.
Allen:(Or whatever name now - still don‘t get that, but anyway…..) thank you for the Lilly Allen song Fu** You. I had never laughed so hard, nor realized at a given moment, that I may be taking myself to seriously.(P.S. Back @ ya my friend and I miss you.)
Anti-Christ: your posts tend to be out of my understanding at the moment, yet I do look forward to a cordial debate in the future. <<Face plant into very thick book>> LOL.
G_O_D: Thank you for a new and different perspective on something I hold dear. I love the fact that we don’t agree, yet…oddly enough….we do.
I know that I have not named a few….sorry, but some of your names are odd to most, and out of reach for a dyslexic ;) If you find this post a bit odd, or find fault with it - all that I can say is…“Hagen’s fault…..!!!” for old times sake….. ;O)
When it comes to the question that led me to this post? I have gained much by being here, and would not change it. I thank each of you for being who you are and here’s to a new year of discovery for us all,
Happy New Year!!
A Happy and Blessed New year to you and yours! may you live to see many more in joy and in love.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#355238 Dec 31, 2011
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Different cultures consider 'natural laws' on their own cultural level. They vary widely. Many of what some cultures see as natural law you would consider a 'sin'.
Sin is a man-made concept. God does not need you or anyone else to decide what is a sin as different cultures vary so greatly in what they think is a sin to God.
I understand that you think the God of your choice is the only God. And he is...for you. He is no more valid than the Gods that others hold in just as much esteem as you do yours.
When you learn the Bible, you will see that your God says he will call his own to him. That means he needs no help. God did not change, men did. And they did so time and time and time again, making what God 'wants' or 'needs' entirely different over the centuries.
If God has not decided to call someone, why would you try to force those on him whom he has not called? Do you think you're more powerful? More knowledgeable about what God wants than he is? More powerful in that you are able to do what he doesn't choose to do?
God never told anyone to preach to others. That is a man-made concept of what people decided FOR God.
He also told Christians that we are to be His witnesses to the world. That absolutely does include ACTIONS, of course, but it also includes SPEECH. The reason non-Christians like to accuse us of "forcing our religion down their throats" whenever we actually SAY something, is quite simply that non-Christians don't want to hear what we have to say.

And yet, it really IS good news. That's what the word "Gospel" means: Good News. We, including you and me, are sinners. We deserve nothing but death and eternal punishment.

But our sins CAN BE FORGIVEN. They can be washed away by Jesus' blood. We can be made clean and acceptable to God by Jesus' sacrificial life and death, and by His resurrection, we know that He is true and will save anyone who wants Him to save them.

Hear the message given to the shepherds in the field that first Christmas:

Luke 2:10 ...the angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord."

Now, you don't have to believe it. But it is not for you or anyone else to tell Christians they can't say it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#355239 Dec 31, 2011
theforceunleashed wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is more delusional? The one that believes in imaginary people? or the one the believes what his eyes see?
I'm sure this made sense to you when you wrote it. But, upon looking at it, maybe you could reformulate and try again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#355240 Dec 31, 2011
NoStress4me wrote:
I hope you all do not mind if I take you all on a personal journey with me, as I ring in the new year. I went back and found my original post on here from June 12, 2009:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Continued:
That was as beautiful the second time around as it was the first. Thanks for taking us back to that first post.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#355241 Dec 31, 2011
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
This is worthless and incendiary. really very poor.
:(
CS.
You really should find a new word. You'e stuck on 'incendiary'.

Happy New Year.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#355242 Dec 31, 2011
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>He also told Christians that we are to be His witnesses to the world. That absolutely does include ACTIONS, of course, but it also includes SPEECH. The reason non-Christians like to accuse us of "forcing our religion down their throats" whenever we actually SAY something, is quite simply that non-Christians don't want to hear what we have to say.
And yet, it really IS good news. That's what the word "Gospel" means: Good News. We, including you and me, are sinners. We deserve nothing but death and eternal punishment.
But our sins CAN BE FORGIVEN. They can be washed away by Jesus' blood. We can be made clean and acceptable to God by Jesus' sacrificial life and death, and by His resurrection, we know that He is true and will save anyone who wants Him to save them.
Hear the message given to the shepherds in the field that first Christmas:
Luke 2:10 ...the angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord."
Now, you don't have to believe it. But it is not for you or anyone else to tell Christians they can't say it.
Using the Bible to prove the Bible is true is fairly useless.

Happy New Year.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#355243 Dec 31, 2011
NoStress4me wrote:
Happy New Year!!
You are probably the most inspiring person on Topix. Thank you for being here and being you.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#355244 Dec 31, 2011
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You really should find a new word. You'e stuck on 'incendiary'.
Happy New Year.
Happy New year to you and your house also. May you be blessed continually.

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 817,132
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Gods r Delusions ... 578,621
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 11 min pisser12 94
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min AnnieJ 609,730
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Freebird USA 176,192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,960
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,324
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 269,990
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web