yes

no

well, im not sure

“Twoof, a true act of ignorance”

Since: Jun 09

Edmonton, Canada

#257757 Jul 17, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
<quoted text>We tripped almost every weekend my junior year still made the A honor role . Could have graduated mid term my senior year but only went a half day and worked 40 hours. I wouldn't change it for the world ! Had a blast ! Did my senior theme on the rolling stones and made an a ++.. Only thing I could think of where I could write about sex , drugs , and rock and roll in school and get away with it !!!
Peace bro !!
I think I know why you seem familiar now.

You remind me a lot of a good friend of mine who never quite grew out of our teenage years.

He's a great guy but unfortunately, all his years of partying are now, in his late 40's, catching up to him.

“Dying 4 ur sins-so tell me”

Since: Jan 09

Fort Worth

#257758 Jul 17, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I know why you seem familiar now.
You remind me a lot of a good friend of mine who never quite grew out of our teenage years.
He's a great guy but unfortunately, all his years of partying are now, in his late 40's, catching up to him.
To be honest I've actually been clean for about two months but I didn't want to tell charlie because he has so much fun with it and I don't want to rain on his parade....:)

I went to the museum for the first time last week on the way home from corpus . My dad said it has changed some in the past couple of years. But all I saw was a lot of guns , old guns , long guns, gold engraved pistols, guns that killed bonnie and clyde and even their guns!!! Pretty cool though .. ahh texas , its still like the wild west here . In fort worth alone there were I think four or five shootings since sunday !! I think three have had fatal results!
peace!!

Fort Worth

#257759 Jul 17, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! You sound like a very creative person.
Peace back at ya bro. All we need is love right?
Yes, Love and maybe a little compassion for the less fortunate.
Oh yeah, and the freedom to express it !!
barb

Braidwood, IL

#257760 Jul 17, 2013
You definitely have too much time on your hands

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#257761 Jul 17, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how both zealot guy and Ignorance is Bliss both linked to that opinion piece by Barrett as if it proves something yet haven't been back since I posted the authors condemnation of Barrett's misrepresentation of their paper.
Your post was lost in the usual sea of irrelevance and repetition that is this thread... perhaps if you didn't fill it with childish crap someone might read your posts once in a while.

I've now read the 'condemnation'- as you put it - and so what? He takes issue with Barret on some of what he says, agrees with some, and says that only one part is 'flat out wrong'.

Yes statistics are open to interpretation. Yes Barret's piece was an opinion piece. Look up 'opinion' in the dictionary, you might get a clue.

As for that 'condemnation', in the authors own words:

"Iím ambivalent about this Ė I like that my research is being recognised since I am inherently a media whore, but Iím less happy about the fact that itís only seeing wide exposure after having been twisted and misinterpreted by an extremely biased article on Iranian state-run media. Still, the last article that we published was met with headlines like 'Psychologists prove conspiracy theorists are all crazy!'(thereís no room for nuance on the Internet, is there?) so I suppose it all balances out."

Bias? Of course... journalists, social scientists, bloggers, topix posters... individuals are biased.

Of course, the fact that I can see this, and you cannot, simply supports Barret's position.

Edmonton, Canada

#257762 Jul 17, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest I've actually been clean for about two months but I didn't want to tell charlie because he has so much fun with it and I don't want to rain on his parade....:)

I went to the museum for the first time last week on the way home from corpus . My dad said it has changed some in the past couple of years. But all I saw was a lot of guns , old guns , long guns, gold engraved pistols, guns that killed bonnie and clyde and even their guns!!! Pretty cool though .. ahh texas , its still like the wild west here . In fort worth alone there were I think four or five shootings since sunday !! I think three have had fatal results!
peace!!
That's good to hear and best of luck to you.

My buddy was a blast back in our teens but even then I'd tell him to slow down. He'd tell me he's going to be dead by 25 anyway.

Then in our 20's he'd say, I'll be dead by the time I'm 30 anyway.

Today he just says, I can't believe it hasn't killed me yet.

Sad part is his 20ish son is now following in his foot steps and he complains the boy has no initiative.

Do you live in Corpus now?

My bro-in-law is in Arlington now. We gave him almost 3 years of free rent (plus our van) in our place and he's saved enough to put a huge downpayment on his own place.

Rest of the family is still around Waco though.

Edmonton, Canada

#257763 Jul 17, 2013
Zealous_Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Your post was lost in the usual sea of irrelevance and repetition that is this thread... perhaps if you didn't fill it with childish crap someone might read your posts once in a while.

I've now read the 'condemnation'- as you put it - and so what? He takes issue with Barret on some of what he says, agrees with some, and says that only one part is 'flat out wrong'.

Yes statistics are open to interpretation. Yes Barret's piece was an opinion piece. Look up 'opinion' in the dictionary, you might get a clue.

As for that 'condemnation', in the authors own words:

"I¬ím ambivalent about this ¬Ė I like that my research is being recognised since I am inherently a media whore, but I¬ím less happy about the fact that it¬ís only seeing wide exposure after having been twisted and misinterpreted by an extremely biased article on Iranian state-run media. Still, the last article that we published was met with headlines like 'Psychologists prove conspiracy theorists are all crazy!'(there¬ís no room for nuance on the Internet, is there?) so I suppose it all balances out."

Bias? Of course... journalists, social scientists, bloggers, topix posters... individuals are biased.

Of course, the fact that I can see this, and you cannot, simply supports Barret's position.
That's too funny!

When you thought Barrett was correct (although you were too intellectually lazy to find out for sure), this article was the butter on your bread. Justified your paranoid delusions!

Now that the author has come out a said Barrett is full of crap and his opinions misrepresent the paper, they're biased!

Good grief!

You couldn't display cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias any better if you tried!

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#257764 Jul 17, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Love and maybe a little compassion for the less fortunate.
Oh yeah, and the freedom to express it !!
Well said indeed!

Location hidden

#257765 Jul 17, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too funny!
When you thought Barrett was correct (although you were too intellectually lazy to find out for sure), this article was the butter on your bread. Justified your paranoid delusions!
Now that the author has come out a said Barrett is full of crap and his opinions misrepresent the paper, they're biased!
Good grief!
You couldn't display cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias any better if you tried!
I do think Barret is correct although the article is not 'the butter on my bread', because I do not share your petty perspective on the world Mr Hat.

You see - little pork fiend - in your world Press TV is evil propaganda and this 'social study' can only be correctly interpreted by it's author.

An author you seem to believe publishes without bias... despite the fact that he has a blog about 'conspiracy theorists'.

Dr Barret would no doubt judge you as 'insane', and I would be in no place to argue with that assessment.

Fort Worth

#257766 Jul 17, 2013

thank you for the good wishes.
Had to come back to fort worth to see one of my family's Norwegian exchange students from the late eighties he came for a visit and we treat them as family as they do us when any of us go to Denmark , Norway, sweden, and Germany while I'm here I'm gonna pacify a couple of very loyal clients but it shouldn't take longer than about three weeks , then yes I will be living in corpus. Found a place in flour bluff, which is between corpus and the island but it's is definitely a fixer upper . The good thing is it's three blocks from the bay !
Arlington is unbelievable since cowboy stadium and the ball park at Arlington moved in . Lots of money to be made there.. Plus they got the best Hooters in the metroplex!!lol

Peace wildman ...

Fort Worth

#257767 Jul 17, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good to hear and best of luck to you.
My buddy was a blast back in our teens but even then I'd tell him to slow down. He'd tell me he's going to be dead by 25 anyway.
Then in our 20's he'd say, I'll be dead by the time I'm 30 anyway.
Today he just says, I can't believe it hasn't killed me yet.
Sad part is his 20ish son is now following in his foot steps and he complains the boy has no initiative.
Do you live in Corpus now?
My bro-in-law is in Arlington now. We gave him almost 3 years of free rent (plus our van) in our place and he's saved enough to put a huge downpayment on his own place.
Rest of the family is still around Waco though.
see above lol!!

Fort Worth

#257768 Jul 17, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said indeed!
much obliged my good man..
peace bro..

Edmonton, Canada

#257769 Jul 18, 2013
Zealous_Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I do think Barret is correct although the article is not 'the butter on my bread', because I do not share your petty perspective on the world Mr Hat.

You see - little pork fiend - in your world Press TV is evil propaganda and this 'social study' can only be correctly interpreted by it's author.

An author you seem to believe publishes without bias... despite the fact that he has a blog about 'conspiracy theorists'.

Dr Barret would no doubt judge you as 'insane', and I would be in no place to argue with that assessment.
Right.

When you posted that Barrett's complete misrepresentation was obvious that conspiracy theorists who see monsters under every bed were "saner" than rationalists you had no issues with bias. But now that the authors of the paper that Barrett used as a source for that opinion have come out to say Barrett's full of crap, they're biased.

If they hadn't said a word and no one would have read the article to confirm Barrett was talking out his rear end you would have happily accepted the article and its authors (as you've already proven).

That's the very definition if bias.

If Barrett would have been correct about the findings of the paper (which is exactly what you blindly assumed without verification), then the article was acceptable to your bias.

If Barrett was incorrect about the paper (which anyone who had done a modicum of verification could see was the case), then you do not accept the findings of the paper and will use any fallacious excuse to argue against it (which you're doing now).

It's amazing you can't see the massive hypocrisy in your own behaviour!

I couldn't care less if the authors are biased or not since I'm not the one citing it as proof of twoofers disconnect from reality.

I can cite your behaviour about Barrett's misrepresentation of the paper and subsequent squirming after being caught playing the useful idiot for that.

And yes, government controlled sources like PressTV are propaganda. What's hilarious is you'll accept they aren't even though they originate from a country that's known o control all news yet you'll hand wave away anything that originates from western countries as being biased.

But when pushed for sources to support your delusions...you'll cite western MSM.

You really are a piece of work zealot guy!

Edmonton, Canada

#257770 Jul 18, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
thank you for the good wishes.
Had to come back to fort worth to see one of my family's Norwegian exchange students from the late eighties he came for a visit and we treat them as family as they do us when any of us go to Denmark , Norway, sweden, and Germany while I'm here I'm gonna pacify a couple of very loyal clients but it shouldn't take longer than about three weeks , then yes I will be living in corpus. Found a place in flour bluff, which is between corpus and the island but it's is definitely a fixer upper . The good thing is it's three blocks from the bay !
Arlington is unbelievable since cowboy stadium and the ball park at Arlington moved in . Lots of money to be made there.. Plus they got the best Hooters in the metroplex!!lol

Peace wildman ...
Well if I ever make it to Corpus (always seems to be lots for me to do when I'm down there) maybe we could sit down for a beer together.

I had a job offer in Magnolia a while back and seriously considered it. Decided to stay and help build the company I'm with since I own part of it though.

My wife is pretty content living in winterland for the time being as long as she can get back regularly to see her folks. One day we'll be down there semi-permanently spending summers here.
TVnews

AOL

#257772 Jul 18, 2013

TBN's false prophet EXPOSED ---$---

http://youtu.be/Ci7nCdbaM0M

Location hidden

#257773 Jul 18, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
When you posted that Barrett's complete misrepresentation was obvious that conspiracy theorists who see monsters under every bed were "saner" than rationalists you had no issues with bias. But now that the authors of the paper that Barrett used as a source for that opinion have come out to say Barrett's full of crap, they're biased.
If they hadn't said a word and no one would have read the article to confirm Barrett was talking out his rear end you would have happily accepted the article and its authors (as you've already proven).
That's the very definition if bias.
If Barrett would have been correct about the findings of the paper (which is exactly what you blindly assumed without verification), then the article was acceptable to your bias.
If Barrett was incorrect about the paper (which anyone who had done a modicum of verification could see was the case), then you do not accept the findings of the paper and will use any fallacious excuse to argue against it (which you're doing now).
It's amazing you can't see the massive hypocrisy in your own behaviour!
I couldn't care less if the authors are biased or not since I'm not the one citing it as proof of twoofers disconnect from reality.
I can cite your behaviour about Barrett's misrepresentation of the paper and subsequent squirming after being caught playing the useful idiot for that.
And yes, government controlled sources like PressTV are propaganda. What's hilarious is you'll accept they aren't even though they originate from a country that's known o control all news yet you'll hand wave away anything that originates from western countries as being biased.
But when pushed for sources to support your delusions...you'll cite western MSM.
You really are a piece of work zealot guy!
Jesus Mr Hat, you really are insane.

You actually think I don't know what Press TV is? Seriously?

Let me be clear. You might need to read this a couple of times - slowly:

I know what Press TV is and I know who Barrett is. I did and still do agree with Barrett.

Your bizarre rantings and many thousand posts on this subject do, quite clearly, support his position.

Any sane person would have tired of this long ago, yet here you are.

The evidence is clear Mr Hat.

Fort Worth

#257774 Jul 18, 2013
Porkpie Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I ever make it to Corpus (always seems to be lots for me to do when I'm down there) maybe we could sit down for a beer together.
I had a job offer in Magnolia a while back and seriously considered it. Decided to stay and help build the company I'm with since I own part of it though.
My wife is pretty content living in winterland for the time being as long as she can get back regularly to see her folks. One day we'll be down there semi-permanently spending summers here.
I'm down with that, sounds like a plan my good man.Just let me know when and I'm there.
Staying at the business you helped build is always more rewarding on a personal level and sounds like financial level also.
A content wife is always a good thing , that is a given!!

peace wildman :)

Since: Sep 08

#257775 Jul 18, 2013
^ Gloop.

Edmonton, Canada

#257776 Jul 19, 2013
Zealous_Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Mr Hat, you really are insane.

You actually think I don't know what Press TV is? Seriously?

Let me be clear. You might need to read this a couple of times - slowly:

I know what Press TV is and I know who Barrett is. I did and still do agree with Barrett.

Your bizarre rantings and many thousand posts on this subject do, quite clearly, support his position.

Any sane person would have tired of this long ago, yet here you are.

The evidence is clear Mr Hat.
You couldn't display cognitive dissonance any better and you epitomize why psychologists write papers about conspiracy loons!

The fact remains that you mindlessly touted Barrett's article as having meaning without doing the slightest bit of background checking into the veracity of his claim.

Now, all you have is the opinion of a rabid antisemite who applies the same flawed logic to everything as he did to become a rabid antisemite.

And his opinion has zero support.

Didn't you deny being a twoofer at one point?

Funny!

Edmonton, Canada

#257777 Jul 19, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm down with that, sounds like a plan my good man.Just let me know when and I'm there.
Staying at the business you helped build is always more rewarding on a personal level and sounds like financial level also.
A content wife is always a good thing , that is a given!!

peace wildman :)
Happy wife, happy life;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 777,916
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 min andet1987 5,155
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 560,374
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Chris Clearwater 175,776
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min yon 39,374
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 12 min Remnant of 144000 16,459
Last Word + 2 14 min andet1987 991
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,317
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr yon 4,875
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web