Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252108 Jan 24, 2013
‘Q’ from ‘Star Trek’ explains ‘Brony’ phenomenon in song

Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252109 Jan 24, 2013
Adult male My Little Pony fans? Bronies are true rebels

There's no reason a quality cartoon about love and tolerance shouldn't inspire passion in men (Like MOOBS FONTAINE!)

Gwinn, MI

#252110 Jan 24, 2013
After the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center (WTC), a company called Stratesec (or Securacom) was responsible for the overall integration of the new security system designed by Kroll Asoociates. Stratesec had a small board of directors that included retired Air Force General James Abrahamson, Marvin Bush (the brother of George W. Bush) and Wirt Walker III, a cousin of the Bush brothers. Other directors included Charles Archer, former Assistant Director in charge of the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division, and Yousef Saud Al Sabah, a member of the Kuwaiti royal family.[1]

Yousef Saud Al Sabah was also chairman of the Kuwait-American Corporation (KuwAm), which between 1993 and 1999 held a controlling share of Stratesec. The other owners of Stratesec were Walker and an entity controlled by Walker and Al Sabah, called Special Situation Investment Holdings (SSIH).[2] SSIH was said to form a group with KuwAm, and the group owned several other companies, including Commander Aircraft and Aviation General. In any case, the Kuwaiti royal family can be said to have benefited from 9/11 due to “The War on Terror” that removed Saddam Hussein from power. Of course, that was the second consecutive US war that Kuwait benefited from, the first being the 1991 Gulf War led by President George H.W. Bush.

Stratesec director James Abrahamson was President of Hughes Aircraft from 1989 to 1992, when Prescott Bush Jr. was helping Hughes lobby Bush’s brother, the US President, to lift sanctions on the Chinese government. Abrahamson became a director of Stratesec in December 1997.[3] He also co-founded a company called Crescent Investment Management (Crescent) with the Pakistani-American, Mansoor Ijaz. Crescent’s board of advisors included James Woolsey, the CIA Director for President Clinton who became a PNAC signatory and Booz Allen Hamilton executive.[4]

Gwinn, MI

#252111 Jan 24, 2013
Stratesec had contracts to provide security services for United Airlines, and Dulles Airport, where American Airlines Flight 77 took off on 9/11. Another client was Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), where scientists were working on the development of nanothermite, a type of explosive material that has since been discovered in the WTC dust. During the time that Stratesec executive McDaniel worked for them, the Caryle Group began to add some very powerful people to their leadership group. One such figure was James Baker, who went to Princeton with Rumsfeld and Carlucci, and who was White House Chief of Staff, and Secretary of the Treasury, for Reagan. Baker was also George H.W. Bush’s campaign manager and Secretary of State, and Bush’s White House Chief of Staff again in his last government position. Baker became a partner at Carlyle just two weeks after the February 1993 bombing of the WTC.

Earlier in his career, Baker had worked in President Ford’s department of Commerce, along with WTC impact zone tenant Joseph Kasputys. And Baker was a longtime, close friend of Raymond Hill, an elite Texan who owned the mafia and CIA-connected Mainland Savings. American taxpayers shelled out approximately $500 million when Mainland failed in 1986. Investigators have since discovered that Mainland, like a number of other savings and loans that failed in the late 1980s, was a vehicle for CIA and mafia activities.[

Gwinn, MI

#252112 Jan 24, 2013
Marvin Bush was a director of Stratesec from 1993 to 2000. It was during that time that Kroll and Stratesec planned and executed the extensive rebuilding of the security systems at the WTC complex. As his stint with Stratesec ended, Marvin Bush became a principal in the company HCC Insurance, one of the insurance carriers for the World Trade Center.

Marvin Bush was the cofounder of Winston Partners in 1993, a company that benefited greatly from the War on Terror. In 2000, Winston Partners invested heavily in a defense contractor called AMSEC that was 55% owned by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC). It has been noted that SAIC was not only a major contributor to the NIST WTC report, it was also a company that had expertise in nanothermites, explosive materials which were found in the WTC dust as mentioned earlier.[24]

Founded by a scientist from Los Alamos National Laboratory, SAIC had a long history at the WTC, having evaluated the basement levels of the buildings as a potential terrorist target in 1986.[25] Interestingly, the company was hired to investigate the 1993 bombing of the WTC, an event that was “remarkably like the one which” they had foreseen in 1986.[26] In fact, SAIC later boasted that —“After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, our blast analyses produced tangible results that helped identify those responsible.”[27]

After 9/11, SAIC supplied the largest contingent of non-governmental investigators to the WTC investigation conducted NIST. At the same time,“SAIC personnel were instrumental in pressing the case that weapons of mass destruction existed in Iraq under Saddam Hussein, and that war was the only way to get rid of them.”[28]

SAIC was also a pioneer in the intelligence contracting business, as a founding member of the Security Affairs Support Association in 1979, along with companies like TRW, Booz Allen Hamilton, Lockheed and Hughes Aircraft. A special taskforce of the Defense Science Board, which was led in 1993 by BDM’s Philip Odeen, recommended a vast increase in the outsourcing of intelligence, which all these companies ended up benefiting from greatly.

Today a majority of government intelligence work is outsourced, and SAIC is known first and foremost as an intelligence contractor. SAIC sells expertise about weapons, about homeland security, about surveillance, about computer systems, about “information dominance” and “information warfare,” and has been awarded more individual government contracts than any other private company in America. In fact, the company was paid huge sums to rebuild the NSA and FBI systems that supposedly failed before 9/11
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252113 Jan 24, 2013
Interview With A 'Bronie'

After last week's controversial segment on guys who like My Little Pony, we talk to one of the guys who likes My Little Pony.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252114 Jan 24, 2013
SAGAL: And the bronie community reacted with righteous fury. So to help explain their point of view, we have invited on a former WAIT WAIT intern and self-professed bronie, Ted Anderson. Ted, great to talk to you again. How are you?

Mr. TED ANDERSON (Bronie): I'm good, hello.

SAGAL: Now Ted, you are a bronie?

Mr. ANDERSON: I am, I'm a bronie. I'll admit it.

SAGAL: And people say that we mischaracterized bronies. Are you in fact unemployed and living in your mother's basement?

Mr. ANDERSON: Yeah, but don't blame that on the ponies.

SAGAL: Okay.

Gwinn, MI

#252115 Jan 24, 2013
When we examine who had the greatest motive for the attacks of 9/11, we need to look at who most benefited from those events. Certainly SAIC and other companies like Maurice Greenberg’s American International Group (AIG) are among those who profited the most after 9/11. But The Carlyle Group and oil companies like Halliburton led the field in terms of profiting from 9/11.

Dick Cheney was hired as CEO of Halliburton in 1995, despite having no practical business leadership experience. He quickly went on to add new directors that shared his political convictions, including Lawrence Eagleburger, the former Secretary of State under the first President George Bush. Eagleburger also served as a director of Kissinger Associates, and on the board of Dresser Industries, where George H.W. Bush got his start. Others Cheney added to his team included Ray Hunt, of Dallas-based Hunt Oil, a longtime supporter of the Bush clan.

Cheney named Charles DiBona as one of his first appointees to the board of Halliburton. DiBona had been the Deputy Director of the White House Policy Office and Special Assistant to President Nixon in the early 1970s. DiBona was also an associate of WTC south tower impact zone tenant Joseph Kasputys, at the Logistics Management Institute, and DiBona and Kasputys had previously worked together during the Arab Oil Embargo as representatives of the emerging US Department of Energy (DOE). In fact, DiBona was one of the first US “Energy Czars.”
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252116 Jan 24, 2013
Mr. ANDERSON: Let me just say I was an English major and I worked for you guys, so I kind of had the deck stacked against me anyway in the job market.

(Soundbite of laughter)

SAGAL: I see. What is the appeal of this show to grown men like yourself?

Mr. ANDERSON: You know, I was thinking about this. It's authentic. It's sincere. It is exactly what it appears to be.

SAGAL: What it appears to be is a child's cartoon about big-eyed unicorns, Ted.

(Soundbite of laughter)

Mr. ANDERSON: Well, not all of them are unicorns, some of them are pegasuses.

(Soundbite of laughter)

Gwinn, MI

#252117 Jan 24, 2013
But the numerous connections between assistants and associates of Kissinger, and the most significant events of 9/11, are astounding. To begin with, Kissinger, who is considered by some to be an international terrorist due to his bombing of Cambodia, his role in the 1973 coup in Chile, and other atrocities, was the Bush Administration’s first choice to lead the 9/11 Commission. Although he later resigned from the Commission to avoid exposing his client list, Kissinger’s closest friends and aides played significant roles with regard to 9/11.

L. Paul Bremer, the managing director at Kissinger Associates from 1989 to 2000, left there to take a job with WTC impact zone tenant Marsh & McLennan, and then played a leading role in establishing the official myth of 9/11.
Peter Rodman, PNAC member and Assistant Secretary of Defense on 9/11, hosted meetings with Pakistani ISI General Ahmed the week before 9/11, and had previously been a Special Assistant to Kissinger for eight years.[44]
Joseph Kasputys, south tower impact zone tenant, worked with Kissinger in the Ford Administration (along with Cheney, Greenspan, DiBona, and Rumsfeld).[45]
Kissinger is also closely associated with several 9/11 Commissioners, including his long-time National Security Council assistant John Lehman, and his fellow Hollinger board member James R. Thompson.
And Phillip Odeen of BDM, who was Barry McDaniel’s boss until McDaniel left to lead WTC security company Stratesec, was a Kissinger assistant for several years.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252118 Jan 24, 2013
Mr. TOM BODETT (Author, Humorist): Pegasi.

Mr. ANDERSON: But no, this is a show where, really, they want to teach us good lessons about friendship and how to treat each other right and, you know, how to help every pony get along.

(Soundbite of laughter)

SAGAL: Ted, we had President Clinton on a little while ago. We asked him three questions about "My Little Pony."

Mr. ANDERSON: Oh did you?

SAGAL: He got all three right.

SAGAL: Are you willing, as a representative of the bronie community, to call President Clinton an honorary bronie?

Mr. ANDERSON: Well, that's pretty high accolades, I suppose, for him and for us.

SAGAL: I think so.

Mr. ANDERSON: Thank you for that.

SAGAL: You're very welcome. We did it for you. Ted Anderson, a former intern and a self-professed bronie. Thank you, Ted.

(Soundbite of applause)
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252119 Jan 24, 2013
Bronies: Adult Men Who Like My Little Pony and Why It Disturbs me

Wrapped in her tacky pink nightgown adorned with a flying, rainbow striped Pegasus, my sweet, innocent little 3.5 year old is laying in bed this morning as she looks up at me with a dreamy expression, smiles and says “Mommy? Today can I PLEASE get Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy?” See, my 3 year old DAUGHTER has a little obsession with My Little Ponies. She loves the cartoon, the books and will spend hours combing the tails of her collection of bright colored ponies. But? She’s 3. And a GIRL.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252120 Jan 24, 2013
Last night Jason told me about this hilarious video he found.“It’s a mash-up of the My Little Pony cartoon and the Watchmen movie – it’s hilarious.” Then I get in a Twitter-sation with an old colleague about Toys R US and I mention My Little Pony (or MLP as I will soon learn it’s referenced as) and she asks if I knew about “Bronies.” Not really knowing what it was, and thinking it was maybe boy versions of the popular toy, the first thing that popped up was an article from Wired.com posted last week talking about the “Fanboys” of My Little Pony that call themselves “Bronies.”
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252121 Jan 24, 2013
With websites dedicated to fan art and fan stories, these are men in their twenties, thirties and forties that are just as obsessed with MLP as my 3 year old daughter.

“First we can’t believe this show is so good, then we can’t believe we’ve become fans for life, then we can’t believe we’re walking down the pink aisle at Toys R Us or asking for the girl’s toy in our Happy Meal,” Allen said in an e-mail to Wired.com .“Then we can’t believe our friends haven’t seen it yet, then we can’t believe they’re becoming bronies too.”
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252122 Jan 24, 2013
Is ANYONE else as disturbed by this as I am?! I mean yes, everyone has the right to have a cult fascination. Many women in this same age group are obsessed with teenage sparkly vampires, but these are grown men coveting the same toys as my preschooler. The popular Bronie website Equestia Daily, even proudly proclaims to be “corrupting little girls television.” Hasbro (the toy manufacturer) and The Hub (the cable network the show airs on) seem to be OK with this new fanbase. Quoted in the Wired.com article, Lauren Faust, the shows producer argues that the Bronies are “might be bucking the gender socialization of things considered to be “for girls” or “for boys.”

Gwinn, MI

#252123 Jan 24, 2013
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252124 Jan 24, 2013
To this point, I will say that my 7.5 year old son, and some of his other friends with little sisters, also really like the show. It’s actually been a great compromise during TV time since both kids want to watch it. But the difference? MY SON IS SEVEN.

Looking at my daughter this morning, still glassy-eyed from her pony dreams, I realized why this bothers me so much…to me, it’s a step away from some kind of child molestation. I see these 30 year old men sitting there with pink plastic ponies and envision them getting turned on. Or worse – are they getting turned on by my daughter playing with her beloved Apple Jack or Pinkie Pie.

Gwinn, MI

#252125 Jan 24, 2013
Timesten wrote:
Read this page...especially Operation Northwoods.
If they were set to do the deed in the 1960's and JFK turned it down and was shot soon after. Who's to say they didn't ok it in 2001.
Israel did the first 911 scenario in the King David Hotel bombing and blamed it on the Arabs there as well
In the plan, Irgun men, disguised as Arabs, except for Gideon, the leader, who would be dressed as one of the hotel's distinctive Sudanese waiters, would enter the building through a basement service entrance carrying the explosives concealed in milk cans. The cans were to be placed by the main columns supporting the wing where the majority of the offices used by the British authorities were located.
The "Downing Street memo" (or the "Downing Street Minutes"), sometimes described by critics of the Iraq War as the "smoking gun memo",[1] is the note of a secret 23 July 2002 meeting of senior British Labour government, defence and intelligence figures discussing the build-up to the war, which included direct reference to classified United States policy of the time. The name refers to 10 Downing Street, the residence of the British prime minister.

The memo recorded the head of the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) as expressing the view following his recent visit to Washington that "[George W.] Bush wanted to remove Saddam Hussein, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." It also quoted Foreign Secretary Jack Straw as saying that it was clear that Bush had "made up his mind" to take military action but that "the case was thin". Straw simultaneously noted that Iraq retained "WMD capability" and that "Saddam would continue to play hard-ball with the UN.". The military asked "what were the consequences, if Saddam used WMD on day one".

Attorney-General Lord Goldsmith also warned that justifying the invasion on legal grounds would be difficult. However, the meeting took place several months before the adoption of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441, the resolution eventually used as the legal basis for the invasion of Iraq. UNR687 also provided a pre-existing basis, as it required Iraq to divest itself of "100%" of all WMD capacity, which the Memo agreed it had not.

A copy of the memo was obtained by British journalist Michael Smith and published in the The Sunday Times in May 2005. Though its authenticity has never been seriously challenged, the British and American governments have stated that the contents do not accurately reflect their official policy positions at the time.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252126 Jan 24, 2013
How the hell did I miss this? From about a month ago:“My Little Pony Corrals Unlikely Fanboys Known as ‘Bronies’” in Wired’s Underwire blog. A must-read that I came across while doing research on an essay I’m writing. I share with Bad at Sports’ readers because I suspect that more than a few of you are Bronies in disguise. Or at least, I hope you are. I have never watched My Little Pony before – I’m more of a Strawberry Shortcake kind of gal (the version before they made her all teensy-weensie and sexed-out)– but make no mistake, this show is getting DVR’d upstairs just as soon as I get off the computer. A brief snippet from the article is below, but go read it in full, and have a happy day.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#252127 Jan 24, 2013
Each day, out-of-work computer programmer Luke Allen self-medicates by watching animated ponies have magical adventures.

The 32-year-old, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, loves his daily fix of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, and he’s not alone. He’s part of a growing group of “bronies”(“bro ponies”)— men who are fans of a TV show largely intended for a much younger audience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 608,727
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Bongo 904,068
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 11,016
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Lyndi 178,342
Any Dhaka gay here................. (Mar '15) 1 hr aryan 7
*POPE calls for MIDEAST PEACE -- OCT 9, 2015/News 1 hr YtubeNews 1
apply for loan 1 hr Ahmed 1
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Rowan 6,166
More from around the web